Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? (4037 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hello NL,have this friend that really likes this new guy that came into her life and sweep her off her feet.She is beginning to fall for him but she keeps complaining that the two years differences is a problem to her.She says she looks older than him.According to her,their sex life is wonderful,but she is scared of losing him after giving her heart away.The guy in question doesn't even care!!!He really loves her and the last time I saw them together,even a blind man can see that.

Pls honest reply for I really want to show her this thread so she can understand that 2 yrs is almost nothing.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by badmeat(m): 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
If she is the one that brings out the best in me,why not,

2 Likes

Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2013
I dont think the problem is the age difference because people with age of 2yrs difference are mate but it seems she feel insecure
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2013
MEGA4BILLION: I dont think the problem is the age difference because people with age of 2yrs difference are mate but it seems she feel insecure

Unsecured? Expatiate pls
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2013
Age shouldnt be a barrier, the only barrier in the relationship might be the lady. Its really Good that the guy doesnt care, but one thing every guy wants in a relationship is respect.
So long the lady is ready to give the guy the "manly" regard and respect he needs, i dont see anything wrong with the relationship.

Our problem in this part of the world is our fear about what people would say. I think we need to be more conscious of our happiness and disregard people's opinion about our lives.

Best of luck to your friend...

1 Like

Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
Nothing wrong with it but I won't want my sons marrying women that are older than them.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 08, 2013
byvan: Nothing wrong with it but I won't want my sons marrying women that are older than them.

If you won't let them then something is definitely wrong with it. undecided
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:06am On Apr 08, 2013
@ topic..

My wife is senior to me with about 9 months..

Kini Big deal.. My mum made a fuss, but I reminded her that she would be my problem to deal with not hers..

Best decision I ever made.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 08, 2013
lynpetra:

If you won't let them then something is definitely wrong with it. undecided

Its a matter of preference,I can't marry a man below my age and I won't want my sons marrying a lady above their age.If some people think is Ok,then is ok.its not a crime but I just won't like.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 08, 2013
I will be praying they don't fall for their elder because if they do,I ll simply let them be.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by jambogini: 1:35pm On May 21, 2013
its normal to marry someone older than you, when abroad butbin naija its rare
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Handsomeemmy(m): 4:12pm On May 21, 2013
sincerly, i can't.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by smajatt(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2013
there is no big deal,my fiance is older than me with about 8 months,and i have never had any problem in my relationship,i belive its all about true love,respect.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 21, 2013
Yes but it takes a really matured and secured man to do something like this.....you have to really be matured and understand your role as a man...not just the am the man of the house blah blah blah.....[b][/b]
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 21, 2013
Omo since certain life experiences, I'm not sure.
I used to look out for older girls when I was younger as I couldn't stand the immaturity of my age-group.
As I became older, I preferred them younger grin
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 21, 2013
byvan: I will be praying they don't fall for their elder because if they do,I ll simply let them be.

This is also something else.
It's not just about the guy, it's about what she wants as well, and I know most women will go for someone older than them so they can feel like a woman. You would have wasted time and energy on trying to boot something up that she herself never really had much hope for after she considers long-term....even if she did for a time.
Re: Guys Can You Date Or Marry A Lady That Is Older Than You??? by bidis: 10:00pm On May 21, 2013
e be like say na u

(1) (Reply)

Isssit The Biggest Insult Ever? / 9ja Babes, Fear them!!!! / Why Do I Keep Seeing Dogs In My Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.