Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

If You Were To Define Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Were To Define Love (13649 Views)

How Do U Define LOVE... / Define Love In A Sentence. / Define Love In Your Own Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
what and how would you define it with your personal experience?
Re: If You Were To Define Love by kokoye(m): 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2011
a four letter word used for manipulative purposes
Re: If You Were To Define Love by pendo89(f): 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2011
He will be here soon.He uses words like mental sickeness to describe it.
Love is what you think it is my def
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
Love doesn't need a definition, it defines us in the moment we live and give it!

If someone can give you a reason to why they love you, they don't love you, they like you. Love is based on emotion not definition.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by kokoye(m): 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
pendo89:

He will be here soon.He uses words like mental sickeness to describe it.

Are we both thinking of the same crazy person? grin
Re: If You Were To Define Love by ronkebp(f): 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
Love does not have a definition, it is a feeling that propels one to act with or without sense!! smiley
Re: If You Were To Define Love by claremont(m): 10:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
I am here to see who will be brave enough to propose a definition for "love"! grin
Re: If You Were To Define Love by pendo89(f): 10:23pm On Sep 13, 2011
kokoye:

Are we both thinking of the same crazy person? grin

I guess so and I can see hes already graced the thread. grin
No mentioning names though
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2011
MrPrsdent:

Love doesn't need a definition, it defines us in the moment we live and give it!

If someone can give you a reason to why they love you, they don't love you, they like you. Love is based on emotion not definition.

^^^ Close to what I was going to say. Nice!

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Define Love by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2011
claremont:

I am here to see who will be brave enough to propose a definition for "love"! grin

grin grin
Re: If You Were To Define Love by MrsChima1(f): 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2011
Sucks.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 11:19pm On Sep 13, 2011
love is just what many claim to understand, love does start and ends the way we thinks, it happens and it ended anytime it wishes, love is not a felling, its a decision, love is not a passion, its denial, love is not a game, its lesson, love is not cruel but can funny, love is one word my father didnt thought me but i learnt it in a very cruel, funny and incredible way,
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 11:50pm On Sep 13, 2011
love is life and life is from god who gives freely,
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 11:59pm On Sep 13, 2011
To me, it seems that there are several reasons why you'd love someone. One is because of the way they make you feel about yourself, or the world. For instance, I love you all because the fact that you exist as you do means that I'm not alone in this world. This is a really common form of love, I think. Maybe a little shallow. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Another is that a person is beautiful. Perhaps they are exceptionally compassionate, or perhaps they have a gorgeous voice. It's less personal, and more an appreciation for the way that beauty manifests.

I'm getting a little off topic. I'm thinking primarily about the forms romantic love will take, but then there's parental love, or religious love. In many ways, we spend our lives trying to return to a childlike state. Religion is about faith. Who do you have more faith in as a small child than your parents? But as we grow, the world takes its toll, and we have to fight toretain the ability to trust, even in ourselves.

So how are romantic love and parental/religious love similar? They all have to do with surrender. Giving yourself to another person, or to God, or to yourself. Perhaps love is sharing blood, proverbially. Laying yourself bare to pain. But even here, I'm not getting at what I want to, is it love itself that allows us to survive the onslaught of the world? Is it the world itself? I kind of think it's both.

Re: If You Were To Define Love by mikealz: 1:09am On Sep 14, 2011
love is my sexy picture below me
Re: If You Were To Define Love by frenchman2: 1:14am On Sep 14, 2011
GOD is love
Re: If You Were To Define Love by frenchman2: 1:15am On Sep 14, 2011
love is wanting another to feel good
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Mojibola(m): 1:21am On Sep 14, 2011
@mikealz, u r high.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Basics007: 1:26am On Sep 14, 2011
Ha, this one is easy now. Everybody knows love is the kinda feeling you feel when you feel a kinda feeling you've never felt before. Gbam!
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 1:27am On Sep 14, 2011
mike, wen highnes don clear for ur eyes, login again n comment
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 1:28am On Sep 14, 2011
@basic, maybe love is confusing then?
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 14, 2011
please what kind of 'love' are we discussing here? love-love or just the boring sissy love?

Re: If You Were To Define Love by seedord247(m): 1:31am On Sep 14, 2011
Several Reasons doesn't define love, For i.e you love someone because he sing's and later on he can't sing again, it mean the love automatically END.

because that verb that make you love him has been excreted out your mind.

When you love someone you definitely love that person neither positive or negative, mean you will love that Human for what GOD has created him for not for what

he/she achieved.

The true love never end's, if probably afta death it will continue in Heaven or Hell.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 1:34am On Sep 14, 2011
@See, quite convicing
Re: If You Were To Define Love by amblors(m): 1:47am On Sep 14, 2011
@browniecay, you sound like you're suffering from "Fresh love"

i subscribe to seedorfs explanation/definition of love.
that type hard to find sha.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by YoruIgbo(m): 1:48am On Sep 14, 2011
frenchman2:

GOD is love

grin cheesy grin cheesy GOD is Love? ok if so then will you say when someone says LOVE is BLIND?
Re: If You Were To Define Love by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:17am On Sep 14, 2011
When love come into ur life u become happy and trouble free.u r happy most times of the day, danm,love is sweet wen u find the right one to share it with.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Lax75(m): 3:31am On Sep 14, 2011
Love = Loss of common sense.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by itiswell1(m): 6:53am On Sep 14, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

grin cheesy grin cheesy GOD is Love? ok if so then will you say when someone says LOVE is BLIND?

Wicked Boy
Re: If You Were To Define Love by nassiwa: 7:06am On Sep 14, 2011
Love is a feeling that either results into tears or happiness, joy or sorrow.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Evagreenfields: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2011
Like i said before on nairaland, love is overrated. Shikena
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Dyt(f): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2011
love s nt stingy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Something Bigger Than Love(true LIFE STORY) / Have You Ever Been Caught Cheating By Your Partner-share Your Experience / Photo: Woman Reveals Embarrassing Breast Tattoos That Are Creeping Out Her BF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.