Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,033 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims (4258 Views)

Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) / Governor Obi Evacuating Flood Victims (Pictures) / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by OAM4J: 12:55am On Sep 14, 2011
Dangote donates N60m to flood victims

Meantime, an industrialist, Alhaji Aliko Dangote has donated the sum of N50 million and another N10m worth of relief materials to the Oyo State Government for onward transmission to the victims of the flood disaster that ravaged the state on 26 August, 2011.

This came as the Distrcit Governor, Lions Club, District 404B Nigeria, Dr. Ayoade Adesokan donated relief materials worth N3m to the victims at the headquarters of the Oluyole Local Government.

The items donated by the club included matresses, bags of rice and semovita, detergents, clothing materials and many other things.

Alhaji Dangote announced the donation when he paid a condolence visit to the governor ont the disaster.

The industrialiast said the state was lucky with the type of governor the people voted for in the last general election.

He said he would like to be partner to the progress going on in the state by investing in it adding that very soon Dangote Group of Companies would come and see the type of investment that would be beneficial to the people of the state.

Alhaji Dangote commiserated with the families of the victims and prayed that god would not allow such disaster int he state again.

He added that the government must do something to find a lasting solution to the recurring flood disasters in the state stressing that the governor shouald advise his people to avoid blocking water ways with structures and other things that could obstruct free flow of water.

Responding, Governor Abiola Ajimobi commended the large heartedness of the business tycoon and described him as epitome of simplicity.

Ajimobi noted further that the disaster happened exactly 31 years after the ogunpa of 1980 which measured 78.9mm adding that the recent one was more devastating because it measured 89.5mm and was propelled by wind that travelled at 65.2km per hour.

He restated that his administration would not go back on its decision to demolish all the structures obstructing the waterways.

However, he said arrangements had been made to provide alternative accommodation for the displaced people.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/dangote-donates-n60m-to-flood-victims/
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 1:00am On Sep 14, 2011
God bless him.
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by SisiKill1: 1:01am On Sep 14, 2011
About darn time!!
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by SisiKill1: 1:03am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

God bless him.
Jeeedus!!  God Bless him? An Aboki? shocked shocked shocked

Alright, who is this and what have you done with the real Funmi? angry angry
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by mikealz: 1:06am On Sep 14, 2011
since Dangote is donating N60m to flood victims, in return, i will donate my picture by uploading it here, so that the female that were affected by the flood will look at it and it will bring them pleasure,
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 1:07am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

since Dangote is donating N60m to flood victims, in return, i will donate my picture my uploading it here, so that the female that were affected my the flood will look at it and it will bring them pleasure,

Very easy to make fun of people in distress. Tomorrow may be your turn o and one omo ale here will post pictures for you to kiss his behind.
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by mikealz: 1:11am On Sep 14, 2011
am living in american and enjoying fried chicken, is imposible for me to be affected bro man
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by koruji(m): 1:13am On Sep 14, 2011
Seconded. God bless Dangote for this great example.

Just today I was wondering why the flood disasters in Nigeria has not attracted the kind of international attention Pakistan got last year or so. Or may be the scale of the Pakistan disaster was just too extra-ordinary. Pakistan seems to be in the eye of the flood - just saw news today of 200 dead in another flood there.

aloy/emeka:

God bless him.

Very juvenile and full of himself.
mikealz:

since Dangote is donating N60m to flood victims, in return, i will donate my picture by uploading it here, so that the female that were affected by the flood will look at it and it will bring them pleasure,
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 1:15am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

am living in american and enjoying fried chicken, is imposible for me to be affected bro man

Forget about girls for now and try taking advantage of the good school system in America now you are young. Tomorrow may be too late besides, we are tired of black men topping the list in US jails.
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by mikealz: 1:17am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Forget about girls for now and try taking advantage of the good school system in America now you are young.

i am, thats why am healthy and my skin loooooooooooooooooooooook sooo fresh
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 1:18am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

Do you pay someone to do your home works?
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

grin grin grin grin

Why does he remind me of sjeezy8? grin
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by mikealz: 1:20am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Do you pay someone to do your home works?

wonders shall never end, is it a crime that i look soo good?
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by udezue(m): 1:22am On Sep 14, 2011
Commendable.
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Wbong: 1:25am On Sep 14, 2011
lol @ Mikaels

lmaoooooooooooooooo yr to funny. .the picture and comment
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 1:26am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

wonders shall never end, is it a crime that i look soo good?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/525127_9733_1050118469655_1726550353_96970_6872464_n_jpgb6efad846d03aee7301076ba0a69949b
Boko Shina Mike

If the picture above is your idea of looking good, then it should be a crime to look good. You truly remind me of Shina Rambo.
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Nymphnode(m): 1:39am On Sep 14, 2011
Great timing, now ibadan yoruba's no go too vex if eventually the boko harams bomb UI.
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by mikealz: 1:48am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/525127_9733_1050118469655_1726550353_96970_6872464_n_jpgb6efad846d03aee7301076ba0a69949b
Boko Shina Mike

If the picture above is your idea of looking good, then it should be a crime to look good. You truly remind me of Shina Rambo.

jealousy will kill you aloy or emeka which dey call you, my picture is for the flood VICTIMS, NOT FOR YOU TO CRITIC
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by damola1: 1:52am On Sep 14, 2011
@ mikealz, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Na true jealousy will kill you alloy, oh God!!!, d guy just dey make me laugh,
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by chloride6: 2:57am On Sep 14, 2011
@all dangote fans why are u thanking that Aboki man that has done more harm to this country than even a foreign military invasion could effect
His trailers ply our all ready dilapated roads without mercy carrying substandard goods at incredulous prices.He is ripping nigerians in every possible way.At the last forbes rating dangote's assent soared 549 per cent in one year and all this money is made at the expense of the masses.Cement prices have dropped incredibly and are still dropping showing the incredible profit he was making.Aside from this dangote owns 25 percent of MRS which is equivalent to MRS entire off shore opera tions.Inspite of all this i am yet to hear of a dangote scholarship or even provision of rural electrification project in a small community financed by him but he can give a few bags of rice to some brain washed Al majiri's.why take so much and give so little.PLS LET US FACE IT THAT MAN IS A NUISANCE.
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

jealousy will kill you aloy or emeka which dey call you, [size=28pt]my picture is for the flood VICTIMS,[/size] NOT FOR YOU TO CRITIC

grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 3:07am On Sep 14, 2011
chloride6:

@all dangote fans why are u thanking that Aboki man that has done more harm to this country than even a foreign military invasion could effect
His trailers ply our all ready dilapated roads without mercy carrying substandard goods at incredulous prices.He is ripping nigerians in every possible way.At the last forbes rating dangote's assent soared 549 per cent in one year and all this money is made at the expense of the masses.Cement prices have dropped incredibly and are still dropping showing the incredible profit he was making.Aside from this dangote owns 25 percent of MRS which is equivalent to MRS entire off shore opera tions.Inspite of all this i am yet to hear of a dangote scholarship or even provision of rural electrification project in a small community financed by him but he can give a few bags of rice to some brain washed Al majiri's.why take so much and give so little.PLS LET US FACE IT THAT MAN IS A NUISANCE.     

What evil has the man who invested in your country and employed thousands done?. Will you prefer if he exports his wealth like our founding-Looters and employ foreigners?
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by mitofag: 3:16am On Sep 14, 2011
Shameful

Not even up to half a million dollars, for someone who is the richest man in Africa.

Too bad!
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by aloyemeka1: 3:29am On Sep 14, 2011
mitofag:

Shameful

Not even up to half a million dollars, for someone who is the richest man in Africa.

Too bad!

How much did you donate for someone who can afford a laptop and internet connection?. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by mitofag: 3:35am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

How much did you donate for someone who can afford a laptop and internet connection?. undecided undecided undecided

What I am willing to donate in not quantifiable, my dyyck for the pretty babes and the not so pretty ones unfortunate to be victims of flood.

I no try?
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Beaf: 3:37am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

jealousy will kill you aloy or emeka which dey call you,  my picture is for the flood VICTIMS, NOT FOR YOU TO CRITIC

You want them to die? shocked
Bro, you have shifty squirrel eyes and the beard of a young member of al shabab.

Spot the difference. cry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/525127_9733_1050118469655_1726550353_96970_6872464_n_jpgb6efad846d03aee7301076ba0a69949b [img]http://1.bp..com/_Q_n5ekiWoC4/TJTqAaxp6tI/AAAAAAAAHFE/Lg1XWb48eJk/s1600/Somalia_Sufi_Militia.jpg[/img]
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by tpia5: 3:39am On Sep 14, 2011
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 14, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh gosh.

From Flood to Al shabab
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by buzcenter: 5:50am On Sep 14, 2011
Dangote really like to pay a lot of money ,when it come to dead body matter , he pay high when any of his driver crush woman being
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Diligence: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2011
Good investment - be ready to pay 10x more on bags of cement et al!
Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

It is very easy to detect who just started using internet for the first time, they usually post their ugly pics thinking they are handsome all because of the excitement, here comes one of em, he must be typing from Cafe in Ajegunle

1 Like

Re: Dangote Donates N60m To Oyo State Flood Victims by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Boko Shina Mike

I thought am the only one seeing it, look the guy childish words like he said he is enjoying chicken when his mates are buying the latest sport cars in town grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electricity Tariff To Rise By Over 50%? / Lagos Vs New York: How Budgets Reflect Living Standards / Two Nigeia Police Officers Caught In The Act ( See Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.