Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya (3022 Views)

Fani-Kayode Writes On The ''Killing Of 105 Soldiers By Boko Haram'' / Media, International Community Obstructing Anti-terror War –NSA / Apugo Condemns The Sacking Of Non-indigenes In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by OAM4J: 1:00am On Sep 14, 2011
US, UN condemn killings of Nigerians, others in Libya

The United States and United Nationshave condemned the reported killings of Nigerians

and other nationals of sub-Saharan African countries by forces fighting for and against fallen Libyan despot, Muamar Gaddafi, Empowered Newswire reports.

A press statement from the US State Department on Monday evening said the US was ”deeply concerned about reports of arbitrary detention and abuse of sub-Saharan African,” people in Libya as the country continues a tumultuous political crisis that is bringing to an end the 42-year rule of Gaddaffi.

The State Department noted that the US was looking forward to the prompt implementation of measures that would end the abuses.

”We also understand that some Libyans are being victimised based on the colour of their skin. Nobody should be detained or harassed due to the colour of their skin or their nationality, and measures must be taken to protect individuals from acts of violence,” the statement added.

The US government stated that it has welcomed the Transitional National Council‘s assurances of their commitment to safeguard the well-being of individuals throughout Libya and the TNC leadership‘s cooperation with those international agencies engaged in identifying and assisting those at risk and/or detained.

Other international agencies working to end the rights violation are said to include the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, the International Committee of the Red Cross and the International Organization for Migration, the US government stated.

The United States added that it is working with its international partners to facilitate safe passage out of Libya for those foreign nationals, ”including sub-Saharan African migrants, who wish to depart for their own safety.”

Also, the UN Secretariat, speaking through the Deputy Spokesperson to the Secretary-General Eduardo del Buey said in response to questions from Empowered Newswire that the ”Libyan National Transitional Council knows that our position is that all people must be protected and that human rights must be respected in all situations.”

He noted that during a recent visit to Libya, the Secretary-General’s Special Adviser for post-conflict planning, Ian Martin, visited two police stations and the Al-Jedaida prison in Tripoli, and also spoke to both Libyan and non-Libyan prisoners, including sub-Saharan Africans detained during the fall of Tripoli.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109131534146
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by mikealz: 1:08am On Sep 14, 2011
i agree with the post, but i think the can not condem me because am extreme handsome and enjoying the american dream, lol
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by okadaman2: 1:10am On Sep 14, 2011
^

FOB?
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by mikealz: 1:12am On Sep 14, 2011
what is FOB? LOL
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by okadaman2: 1:17am On Sep 14, 2011
I bet most of those stuuuupid Nigerians condemning their brothers and sisters to death all over NL will now see reason to sympathize because oyinbo people don talk.

Every sane person knew the Nigerian government failed woefully at protecting their own citizens from abuse in a foreign country. After Dem don despoil naija women finish? Hopefully they will get passage to safer countries  undecided
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by okadaman2: 1:19am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

what is FOB? LOL

LOL

It means "Fresh Off the Boat"

I was simply asking If you just landed in America. Anyway work hard, don't embarrass us there o, and come back home after you finish school. OK?

BTW, this is where you post pics like that --> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-21.0.html
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by mikealz: 1:22am On Sep 14, 2011
okada_man:

LOL

It means "Fresh Off the Boat"

I was simply asking If you just landed in America. Anyway work hard, don't embarrass us there o, and come back home after you finish school. OK?

lol, so thats what FOB means, lol sorry dude, i never been to nigerian before, lol, i was born and raise in US.
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by okadaman2: 1:24am On Sep 14, 2011
^
OK bro,

Happy fishing on NL romance section, fine gals full there. Follow the link I posted. Ask for 190 when you get there, he'll show you the way grin
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by cold(m): 1:36am On Sep 14, 2011
Was it no the other day the minister for foreign affairs was insisting that Nigerians aren't been attacked by the rebels?Mthcheeew,smh  sad

Nigeria's Minister of Foreign Affairs says no Nigerian has been attacked or harassed by rebel forces loyal to Libya’s interim government, the Transitional National Council [TNC].

Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru noted that though there have been attacks by some unscrupulous elements on Nigeriens and Malians, the federal government has asked the TNC to check violence against black immigrants.

"We have made necessary contacts and verification, no Nigerian has been harassed or attacked in Libya.

"This development was confirmed by our former Ambassador to Libya. So, Nigerians in Libya are safe.

"I can only add that we can confirm now from the contact made that those attacked were Nigeriens and Malians." Ashiru said.
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 14, 2011
okada_man:

^

FOB?
Guy u wicked,lwkmd4h
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by amblors(m): 2:29am On Sep 14, 2011
okada_man:

^
OK bro,

Happy fishing on NL romance section, fine gals full there. Follow the link I posted. Ask for 190 when you get there, he'll show you the way grin

that was hilarious.
i no know whatz up with the guy and posting picture everywhere, second thread am seeing that photo.
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by buzcenter: 5:52am On Sep 14, 2011
ohun ti a nwo lo si sokoto nbe lapo sokoto,this mean if you run for poverty and death in nigeria it can easily catch you anywere
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by cryingbaby: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2011
Hahaha Thank God who ask 9ja gov't 2 go accept TNT When even d USA no show open 9ja govt eat ur pot no look someone pot beside all 9ja wey dey libiya 70% na bad business,
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2011
Only in Nigeria will Goodluck Jonathan become President, consider this, if u had an org,would u consider him running it?talk more of a nation, Nigerians enjoys being stupid and lazy, its ur destiny
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

i agree with the post, but i think the can not condem me because am extreme handsome and enjoying the american dream, lol

It is very easy to detect who just started using internet for the first time, they usually post their ugly pics thinking they are handsome all because of the excitement, here comes one of em, he must be typing from Cafe in Ajegunle

@ topic, every country seems to hate nigerians now, expecially when things are not going right for them, then they look for nigerians around to make a scapegoat
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2011
If our country is good why will this people still be in hell Libya ?
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by DDon11: 11:36am On Sep 14, 2011
The story is somehow. Were they selecting blacks and be killing them or were they killing people suspected to be working for gadaffi
Re: The International Community Condemns The Killing Of Nigerians In Libya by Intrepid1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
mikealz:

This peasant again? I no blame person wey talk say u just enter yankee new. D place dey shak u no be small. We are happy u won visa lottery, now can u shut up please?

(1) (Reply)

Lords Chosen Church Buses Spotted Coveying PDP Members Into Eko Hotel(pics) / Akpabio On Rampage: Plots Jonathan's Impeachment, Invites Tambuwal To Aks To Fin / Kings College 2014/15 MERIT Admission list out, Igbos make 75% of top 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.