Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin (3007 Views)

Wike Cheered By The Crowd As He Embarked On Road Inspection Tour (photos) / Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by bilymuse: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2011
[size=15pt]African viewpoint: Defending Nigeria's police and army[/size]

Boko Haram

That brings me home to the bloodbath in northern Nigeria, where the security forces are battling Islamist militants from the Boko Haram group.
Young girls walk past a burnt vehicle in Nigeria's Damaturu town in Yobe state on 7 November Islamist militants have carried out a spate of attacks in northern Nigeria

On Friday, the spokeswoman of the State Security Service gave a chilling report on television of how some youths were "clapping and cheering as miscreants were attacking and killing security agents" in Yobe state - where Boko Haram carried out bomb and gun attacks on churches and the police headquarters, leaving more than 60 people dead.

It seemed to the police spokeswoman that, on that occasion, Nigerians cherished football more than human life.

She warned of the extreme danger of Nigerians frustrating or demoralising law-enforcement agents rendering a legitimate service.

In the US and UK, the military and police are also accused of committing abuses - but they are still respected for their overall professionalism and service to the nation.

The average Nigerian police constable, soldier or other security operative may not have attained UK and US levels of professionalism but they can only be as effective as the nation and government allows them to be.

Surely, they will not become better when we start killing them or cheering those who do.

Remember, we cannot do without them.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15720472
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by bilymuse: 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
If some people can be clapping and cheering while the security agents are being attacked, then FG is in serious trouble. It simply means Boko Haram has a wide grassroots support.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by aljharem3: 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
bilymuse:

If some people can be clapping and cheering while the security agents are being attacked, then FG is in serious trouble. It simply means Boko Haram has a wide grassroots support.

Or simply means those people clapping and cheering are not northerners but Boko haram outsiders
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by ikeyman00(m): 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^^^^^hmmmmmmmm
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by icez: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
I am not surprised. That is what they want.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Kenezi: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
Islam, the Religion of Peace.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
Just the way most SS ppl cheered and openly supported MEND and even bank rolled them

That includes the president Odechukwu Retardeen
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by aljharem3: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Just the way most SS ppl cheered and openly supported MEND and even bank rolled them

That includes the president Odechukwu Retardeen

when was that ?

stop posting false things
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
Who was the first person to defend MEND after the october 1 bombing wasn't it Retardeen??

It's a fact on NL that many SS ppl supported them some even argued that they are not terrorists
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by aljharem3: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Who was the first person to defend MEND after the october 1 bombing wasn't it Retardeen??

It's a fact on NL that many SS ppl supported them some even argued that they are not terrorists

The first person to defend Mend was not GEJ, GEJ NEVER DEFENDED MEND but neither did he castigate them as we would have expected

The SS people on this forum do not support MEND unless likes of ezeuche and other bigots that think supporting mend = SS/SE country.

Real SS people like, Kpogede, Jason, Ibime, and even BEAF did not show any support for mend but neither did they castigate MEND, they were indifferent about it.

Lets be careful here
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by ikeyman00(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^^^^ hmmmmmmmmmm ANGRY
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by VoodooDoll(m): 8:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
The article is very unclear.

My understanding of the article is that people were cheering and clapping as they watched a football match on television, unaware that Boko Haram was attacking the security forces.

BBC needs to be more responsible and make their articles clearer.

I doubt people will see Boko Haram attack and they will sit down and clap instead of running for their lives.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
for the majority of nigerians, security agents (police, SSS, soldiers etal ) are little more than thuggish, swaggering bullies with guns - people who bash your car if you dont move out of their way fast enough, who shake you down for money, incarcerate you at will, slap you for not getting out of their way etc

it is even worse for teh poor, those who clearly 'no sabi pesin'

i wont really be surprised at the idea of people cheering when bullies receieve their comeuppance - even if it is from a differnt set of monsters.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by adamabdul: 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2011
This report is spot on.People are actually thinking boko haram are their saviours from this useless soldiers.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by amaham(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2011
Clapping for terrorists! This doesn't even happen in afghanistan or pakistan. These almajiris get liver oo
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Beaf: 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2011
Dayokanu was evidently born damaged.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sometimes, I want to blame these northerners, but we have to come to the truth and shift the blame to the Govt.

Let's be honest, whoever complains and vilifies Boko haram will feel the burning end of the Bokoharam stick. So who would protect the Northern citizens if they speak against BH; will it be the govt?

The govt that is going in circles lead by a blind chicken? The Govt that cannot even protect itself?

Boko Haram is welcomed in the South when they get their priorities right. Innocent citizens are not their problem, corrupt politicians are. Boko Haram is urgently needed in the Nigerian society.

Northerners keep mute for same reason the Southerners cry out; the location of the BH and those being targeted.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by ebere1712: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Sometimes, I want to blame these northerners, but we have to come to the truth and shift the blame to the Govt.

Let's be honest, whoever complains and vilifies Boko haram will feel the burning end of the Bokoharam stick. So who would protect the Northern citizens if they speak against BH; will it be the govt?

The govt that is going in circles lead by a blind chicken? The Govt that cannot even protect itself?

Boko Haram is welcomed in the South when they get their priorities right. Innocent citizens are not their problem, corrupt politicians are. Boko Haram is urgently needed in the Nigerian society.

Northerners keep mute for same reason the Southerners cry out; the location of the BH and those being targeted.
correcting the bolded. Boko haram are welcome in your village when they get their action right. Boko haram would not survive a day where I come from. So if you know them tell them to stick to the north and your village.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 18, 2011
ebere1712:

correcting the bolded. Boko haram are welcome in your village when they get their action right. Boko haram would not survive a day where I come from. So if you know them tell them to stick to the north and your village.

You and what army can deal with them if they decide to come to your village?
undecided
Dont worry, I'll give you time to dig your grave before sending them to your village.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by PointB: 8:49am On Nov 18, 2011
^^^
So wishing people dead through Boko Haram actions now makes sense?
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by ektbear: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2011
oyb:

for the majority of nigerians, security agents (police, SSS, soldiers etal ) are little more than thuggish, swaggering bullies with guns - people who bash your car if you dont move out of their way fast enough, who shake you down for money, incarcerate you at will, slap you for not getting out of their way etc

it is even worse for teh poor, those who clearly 'no sabi pesin'

i wont really be surprised at the idea of people cheering when bullies receieve their comeuppance - even if it is from a differnt set of monsters.

Makes a lot of sense.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by hakanai(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2011
It beats me that some people are being bias here.The security in Nigeria in so many ways have failed to build a bond between them and the community.We are only loving them because they can frame you,accuse,violate your right and mess you up with no one to call for help.In a case where another force marches them alot of us just cheer openly or in our hearts.The news is also not clear.Is it that the people simply watched the incident and cheered or were viewing a different thing here, the football match
What ever the reasons, times without number in Nigeria people have supported or cheered where the security is victimized by an anti-government group or there fellow operatives.The people are not to blame.The British police have created a bond with the community so much they rely on the community as for information and sheer support.Can the police sermon the people for help and they respond?Last i witnessed the simple demonstration over the air-tel troubles in Abuja.when the police arrived one officer was upset and complaining bitterly that they had no order to engage the crowd violently for a hand full of peaceful protesters.Plain silly.
You can't even reason with a policeman or security operative on duty.They are like trained to victimize the innocent in Nigeria and let criminality prevail.Do you know before the Militancy they always enjoyed the floor of being untouchables.Its sad the table are turning and they now the people who they have denied sleep and support.Now they have a monster greater than them and they are playing,i am doing it for you.They better start by apologizing,orientation,PR and building a strong bond that will make people even vote a uniform man over boko haram or MEND.They must define and implement "the police is your friend" to the later.
@alj harem
You are definitely wrong to dispute or say the ND people didn't support the MEND militia.Dokubo and rest of them have come out categorically to spell it out they got funding and support from the communities.
Who were honestly deprived without doubt.My point is despite the reasons for there struggle it was obvious they had significant support and people praised,where they targeted security personnel.Especially does of the Northern extract.They helped them without doubt and saw it as a struggle to kill northern military personnel.I tell you this with facts from even the people that serve there.I have a brother that is in the military and serves in the ND.I have also being sent to work there and i have spoken with some of the security men about the environment.You don't know or have a clue.I still maintain the ND struggle is genuine and the likes of my brother only follow orders.They may not like being there but have no choice than to obey.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by namfav(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2011
exactly, didn't the police round up and shot people at a mosque? what bond do people expect the police to have with the civilians? the police does not know right from wrong, they follow conscious for which they have zero, most of the time

haka_nai:

It beats me that some people are being bias here.The security in Nigeria in so many ways have failed to build a bond between them and the community.We are only loving them because they can frame you,accuse,violate your right and mess you up with no one to call for help.In a case where another force marches them alot of us just cheer openly or in our hearts.The news is also not clear.Is it that the people simply watched the incident and cheered or were viewing a different thing here, the football match
    What ever the reasons, times without number in Nigeria people have supported or cheered where the security is victimized by an anti-government group or there fellow operatives.The people are not to blame.The British police have created a bond with the community so much they rely on the community as for information and sheer support.Can the police sermon the people for help and they respond?Last i witnessed the simple demonstration over the air-tel troubles in Abuja.when the police arrived one officer was upset and complaining bitterly that they had no order to engage the crowd violently for a hand full of peaceful protesters.Plain silly.
    You can't even reason with a policeman or security operative on duty.They are like trained to victimize the innocent in Nigeria and let criminality prevail.Do you know before the Militancy they always enjoyed the floor of being untouchables.Its sad the table are turning and they now the people who they have denied sleep and support.Now they have a monster greater than them and they are playing,i am doing it for you.They better start by apologizing,orientation,PR and building a strong bond that will make people even vote a uniform man over boko haram or MEND.They must define and implement "the police is your friend" to the later.
@alj harem
    You are definitely wrong to dispute or say the ND people didn't support the MEND militia.Dokubo and rest of them have come out categorically to spell it out they got funding and support from the communities.
   Who were honestly deprived without doubt.My point is despite the reasons for there struggle it was obvious they had significant support and people praised,where they targeted security personnel.Especially does of the Northern extract.They helped them without doubt and saw it as a struggle to kill northern military personnel.I tell you this with facts from even the people that serve there.I have a brother that is in the military and serves in the ND.I have also being sent  to work there and i have spoken with some of the security men about the environment.You don't know or have a clue.I still maintain the ND struggle is genuine and the likes of my brother only follow orders.They may not like being there but have no choice than to obey.

Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Akanbiedu(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2011
haka_nai:

@alj harem
You are definitely wrong to dispute or say the ND people didn't support the MEND militia
.Dokubo and rest of them have come out categorically to spell it out they got funding and support from the communities.
Who were honestly deprived without doubt.My point is despite the reasons for there struggle it was obvious they had significant support and people praised,where they targeted security personnel.Especially does of the Northern extract.They helped them without doubt and saw it as a struggle to kill northern military personnel.I tell you this with facts from even the people that serve there.I have a brother that is in the military and serves in the ND.I have also being sent to work there and i have spoken with some of the security men about the environment.You don't know or have a clue.I still maintain the ND struggle is genuine and the likes of my brother only follow orders.They may not like being there but have no choice than to obey.

You obviously don't know alj's game.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by aljharem3: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2011
haka_nai:

@alj harem

My brother ND struggle was not genuine at all.

If the people clapped for Boko haram for killing or assulting Police or military men in the north, it is perfectly understanable, In fact just 2 weeks ago in Maiduguri, 100 muslims were killed by soilder. This people were praying in the mosque before the soliders came and kill them the the attempt to fight Boko haram

The ND "struggle" was a struggle by some few cabals in the ND region ecspecially edwin clark to make an Ijaw majority aka South south man the President.

It was a well staged cause, and done according to plan. Lets ask ourselves this questions

1. How did the so called ND militant get those weapons ?

2. How did Boko haram get those weapons ?

Do you know that in the last election, the Sultan among other northern leaders suppoted GEJ for the presidency, I mean how did GEJ get 40% in Sokoto ?

to answer your question, you need to look at the previous administration and where militancy begun aka OBJ era.

MEND was created for power to remain in the South, just like OPC

Boko haram does not favour northern interest but only deceive the people we were clapping for them. Boko haram has killed more northern MEN than any single group before. It is all for political power but they have sweep up sentiments of US the people to support them as a form of anti-police force
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2011
PointB:

^^^
So wishing people dead through Boko Haram actions now makes sense?

COMPREHENSION IS INDEED A PROBLEM.

Go back and re-read my initial post carefully this time, because you deserve no explanation.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alonzo_Harris

the typical naija policeman is an extreme version of alonzo harris
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by PointB: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

COMPREHENSION IS INDEED A PROBLEM.

Go back and re-read my initial post carefully this time, because you deserve no explanation.

Your first post is actually idi.otic. When Boko Haram finishes targeting the so-called corrupt politicians in South, who did you think the will turn their guns on? Themselves? Or ordinary people?

People open their mouth here and there to wish for thing they don't understand upon themselves, and they think they make sense. Boko Haram should target corrupt politicians in the South indeed!

Well perhaps like you have been correctly told, they should start and end in your village. They are certainly not welcome in my part of the South.

Ileke-IdI:

Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by ikeyman00(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2011
@@@@

these abokis just dnt know when to stop!! ANGRY!!!! very

even in nl self

any suprised

until those cucumber boko fools start blowing up mosques then u might just get it

idi otssssssssss!!

hmmm
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by hakanai(m): 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2011
alj_harem:

My brother ND struggle was not genuine at all.

^^^^Doubt if you have visited the ND.you think people like to arm and die?The ND waters are contaminated you could see the pollutants floating on the water.The last i watched pollution of the Ozone,ND in Nigeria after Russia was blasting hot from satellite images capture of gs flaring.It's a fact the ND is neglected even if they reacted negatively period.That apart we have alot of issues flying here and there unattended to until they also become Boko haram or MEND like before government go listen.

If the people clapped for Boko haram for killing or assulting Police or military men in the north, it is perfectly understanable, In fact just 2 weeks ago in Maiduguri, 100 muslims were killed by soilder. This people were praying in the mosque before the soliders came and kill them the the attempt to fight Boko haram

^^^^^Sad and condemnable but what can i say when security fails to serve and protect the people from danger.

The ND "struggle" was a struggle by some few cabals in the ND region ecspecially edwin clark to make an Ijaw majority aka South south man the President.

It was a well staged cause, and done according to plan. Lets ask ourselves this questions

1. How did the so called ND militant get those weapons ?

2. How did Boko haram get those weapons ?

Do you know that in the last election, the Sultan among other northern leaders suppoted GEJ for the presidency, I mean how did GEJ get 40% in Sokoto ?

to answer your question, you need to look at the previous administration and where militancy begun aka OBJ era.

MEND was created for power to remain in the South, just like OPC

Boko haram does not favour northern interest but only deceive the people we were clapping for them. Boko haram has killed more northern MEN than any single group before. It is all for political power but they have sweep up sentiments of US the people to support them as a form of anti-police force

^^^^Not a fair perspective of the current situation.The same type populace is held in both case by armed groups.The same political party wrangling caused the problem.The same kind of misconception kept the flames burning.Today as a Northerner i don't know what Boko haram wants and why they choose to victimize the innocent regardless.The media and some people want to make it look like they strictly target a particular people,i say you are wrong there target even in Damaturu caused significant Northern Muslim death.Since the sentiment is there people prefer to deny the Muslim mourns and assume it is pretending.Alot of FGN and state government staff,which when Identified did get gunned down regardless of faith.I can't find a place to define Boko haram struggle honestly.There demands are ridiculous and there actions unthinkable.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by ikeyman00(m): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
^^^^^

there is no point trying to bend the iron to fit ur script

as far as Nigeria is concern the word islam has done more damage epslly in the north

u can paint the picture however much u want but we arent gonna buy that crap!!

enough said!!!

well for now!!! cave azz mofossssssssssss!!
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by ikeyman00(m): 10:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
[size=28pt]Boko Haram throws bomb at gov's convoy *We'll crush criminal elements -Jonathan *Enough is enough -COAS *Senate in closed session [/size]

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/nov/16/617.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jang Appoints Special Assistant On Fulani Matters! / Okorocha Overwhelms Jonathan’s Campaigners At World Igbo Congress / SAI BABA!! Buhari Dances Shoki With His Daughter, Zahra After Winning The Pres.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.