Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? (21441 Views)

Benue State University Strike And Rumors You've Heard / Best Nigerian Social Networking Sites / What's Your 'Best' Nigerian Newspaper, and Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
Julius berger sacrificed himself to build 3rd mainland bridge or bar beach. That herbert ogunde used to turn to fish and swim back and forth the atlantic ocean.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2011
madam kui kui grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2011
1. That twisting your neck and repeating 'die by fire' will spoil/thwart/destroy all weapons fashioned against you
2. That yorubas are the most accommodating *stroking the fire of tribalism*
3. that Philip emeagwali built super computer
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Skii(m): 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2011
That Brazilian football legend, Pele once took a free kick in which the ball struck the bar. He then asked that the post be measured and it turned out that the post was not accurate in dimension according to FIFA standards
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by MMM2(m): 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2011
tupac is from abia state
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by tjskii(f): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
that if u put the eye secretions of a dog on ur eyes,ull be able to see spirits

killer beans(2ce now o)

drink mango and garri and die (i still believe this in my subconscious tongue)

put ur legs on the walll by 1.00 am and ull find urself at the witches meeting
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by stone07(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
That Mighty Igor and Sandoka is the strongest man in the world.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by mallorca(m): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Pageup1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
That if you see ur parents making love u will die tongue

that origin of witchcraft is Benin grin

IBB KILL GIWA/ MKO undecided

IF one test women mensis you become rich grin

if one slep wit mad  man/women one will become famous cheesy
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by zeeleso(f): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
Stella is still alive and would show up to reveal some of obj's secrets.

Some of the superstitions i remember from childhood:
beating a boy with a broom would make him sterile
pack dirts with ur hand and u'll have shaky hands.
People should not touch u on the head or they will place a curse on u.
if a child fall from the parents back, the first seven spouses the child has would die.
Dont pick things from the floor cos thy'v been touched by satan.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by 234GT(m): 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
When I was a small boy, my mother used to tell me not to look into the well because a spirit in there would kill me. Then, I could not reason that she was fetching water there and the spirit did not kill her!
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by agentzakky(m): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2011
tjskii:

that if u put the eye secretions of a dog on your eyes,ull be able to see spirits

killer beans(2ce now o)

drink mango and garri and die (i still believe this in my subconscious tongue)

put your legs on the walll by 1.00 am and ull find urself at the witches meeting
used to believe all that too and many otherz like Awo is in the moon, cats are agents of witches
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by dubem3(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
i can't even stop laughing

1.don't swallow orange seed or it will sprout on ur head and kill you

2.thunder balogun remember ur left leg(can't remember doubting it)
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by WebSurfer(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
lolzz, lots have been posted already, its now, bomb at UNIBEN, mehnn see people wen don discharge comot uniben, grin grin grin grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Afritelly: 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
Another thing I remembered was don't point your finger at any burial ground, if you do it your fingers will be cutted by the spirits and If it happen accidently rather bitte all your finger tips. I can still remember whenever I walk pass by any burial grounds. I don't look at it at all. God have mercy on our parents oooo.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by folahann(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
Dem say ball go turn stone then goalkeeper go turn Lion whenever u wan score India in a football match.

When you spit and someone else steps on it, then you get a severe sore throat.

You don't stand at the door way or lean on the wall when it's raining, otherwise you will die when thunder strikes
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by GMcompere: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2011
Nice thread

1. If you drop something in the market and you bend down to pick it up, you will see ghosts walking without legs, am still scared to try it  grin grin grin grin grin grin
2. If you walk over the legs of a pregnant woman sitting on the floor, the baby will resemble you  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
3. If you draw a line on the sand, you will fall sick.
4. If a boy touches a girl, she will get pregnant.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
5. If you point a torch in the sky, you will die (did it several times)  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
6. If you spit on the floor and someone walks on it, you will have sore throat grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Observator: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
•Victor Uwaifo had a communion with Mami-Water and he got a mystical power to play guitar after the encounter.
•Julius Berger voluntarily gave his life to the river goddess after constructing a bridge over a dreadful river in Lagos
•Fair skin ladies are easily processed by witchcraft!!!
:

1 Like

Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by badmrkt(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
, that obj na my popsi grin grin grin grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by chrysso83(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2011
That if u want to see a ghost, you go to the market and drop a mirror on the floor and look at the mirror.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Ericology(m): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
X-factoria:

Thunder Balogun, remember you left leg!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

I believed this rumour for a long time when I was a little boy!

LMAOOOOOOOOOO>> I remember the joke now
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by vicoloni(m): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
That you unwittingly invite snakes whenever you whistle in the night. I still tell such tales to my children so that they wont disturb my siesta! May God forgive my mum  grin
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Slyr0x: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
[size=14pt]KILLER NUMBER  grin grin grin[/size]

Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2011
The one I remember best. Nigeria vs Italy at USA 94 world cup. After Nigeria lost to Italy, rumour sread that seven Italian players had tested positive to drugs and the match would be replayed. Chai, I so believed it until I saw Italy playing Spain!
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by jikjimmy: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2011
bash ali to fight and get his name into guinness book of record as the oldest champion.he has been planning for this fight for the past two decades and he is still collecting donations left,right and centre till date.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by swipe(m): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
That Samuel Eto'o is a nigerian
that Micheal Essien is Nigerian
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2011
That u dont call a snake by its name at night but u call it 'rope', (okun in yoruba) so that snake dont appear to u.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by jikjimmy: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2011
That OBJ is an Igbo man,IBB a yoruba man ,and Abacha from Niger Republic.Chei.All Nigerian former leaders with identity issues.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by tlops(m): 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by nagoma(m): 4:56pm On Sep 15, 2011
Nice thread

1. If you drop something in the market and you bend down to pick it up, you will see ghosts walking without legs, am still scared to try it
2. If you walk over the legs of a pregnant woman sitting on the floor, the baby will resemble you
3. If you draw a line on the sand, you will fall sick.
4. If a boy touches a girl, she will get pregnant.
5. If you point a torch in the sky, you will die (did it several times)
6. If you spit on the floor and someone walks on it, you will have sore throat

These sound more like superstitions -than rumours but no.4 is true anyway and as for no.1 , you may not see the legless ghosts but peeping toms with powerful cameras on their phones are waiting.
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by lagcity(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2011
black cats turn into witches at night

if you eat food in your dreams, the witches have poisoned you or [b]your step mother don poison
u be dat grin grin grin grin

na for banana tree wey witches dey hold meeting grin grin grin

rapper Nas is a NIGERIAN

if u phock married woman with Magun (thunderbolt) u go somersault 3 times and crow like a rooster and die cheesy cheesy cheesy if that's the case, the whole of naija for don be burial ground by now[/b]
Re: Rumors In Nigeria: Best Nigerian Rumours So Far? by itiswell1(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2011
LWKMD

Anybody remember the stories of Halfman half horse, Madam koi koi, bush babies? All these in our hostels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prayer For All I'm Karid(kegite) For Dec, 2013. / 10 Things Extraordinary People Say Everyday. / Happy Independence Day Nigeria And Happy New Month!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.