Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,297 members, 7,850,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:32 PM

My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps (46242 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA / USA::Please Help Me Make An informed Decision!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by steeltrust: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
HRprof:

Yes but it doesn’t make sense for someone to arrange prof of fund when they hardly ask for it you can do that with other embassy not US.
for me I didn’t do any proof of fund cause I’ve it
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by konkerall(m): 1:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
You should be very careful.
There’s nothing like schools abroad giving people (students) slots to invite family members that are not their spouse or kids.
We are in internet age.
Better use your google or email the school.
Immigration will just take your money.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by konkerall(m): 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
nounpastquestio:
Good day Nairalanders,
SCAM!!
Please I sincerely need your help/assistance/advice to help me secure US VISA

My wife younger brother that’s a doing a Masters Programme in one of the Universities in USA will be rounding up his programme by May, 2023 and the school gave him 3 slots opportunity to invite his family members and he gave me a slot of invitation to the USA.
From the mentioned date, I have limited time to get all things available.

NOTE:
1. I have valid Passport
2. Though I have been refused USA VISA far back 2012
3. I have Business name with account with GTB Bank. I have steady flows of cash on it, but not in million
4. I have 2 kids

Please what steps should I take now and how do I get the required documents without me spending much?

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Adeadegbagi(m): 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2023
Story for the elders
If you're in need of serious knacking contact me. Check my signature
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by BigIyanga: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2023
Wotowotoman:

Stop talking from your asshole. 9 out of ten times especially for Nigerians, the consular officer is most interested in your financial situation and what’s the best way to show proof of your sources of funds and financial ties?

Listen to yourself. Who applies for US visa and goes through all the stress to get an interview date then shows up without proof of finances? Do you even have a passport? Another lazy youth spotted talking trash. I feel like giving you a hard konk on that your bald head angry
Folks like u offer ignorant advice from their abundant reservoir of sophisticated ignorance.
Matter of fact, that piece of letter the OP posted, is nothing. Consular officer does not have to look at it. You dont need an invitation letter for B1/B2 visa.
This convo is above your league. Stick to to betNaija and beer parlour gists

1 Like

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Wotowotoman: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

Folks like u offer ignorant advice from their abundant reservoir of sophisticated ignorance.
Matter of fact, that piece of letter the OP posted, is nothing. Consular officer does not have to look at it. You dont need an invitation letter for B1/B2 visa.
This convo is above your league. Stick to to betNaija and beer parlour gists

For your information, I dey visit yankee steady and know a lot more about the process than you or any member of your family can ever dream of.

What’s my business with letter of invitation? Did I ever talk about it? But I will use the opportunity to correct you ignoramus. In some cases, it helps as it strengthens the case for people that otherwise cannot prove why they are going to yankee. You think the consular officers don’t know 99 percent of the lazy Nigerian youths want to jakpa? You must be a slow poke.

I repeat. Nobody goes to a visa interview without taking proof of funds with them. In some very rare occasions the consular officer will not ask about one’s financial situation. But that’s typically because they know something from reading the application form.

I seriously wish to slap that your large and bald forehead. Mugu angry
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by SimeonOTC(m): 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
ednut1:
Lol you dont have up to a million meaning you cant even justify going on trip that will cost you close to 1m. Also you cant get interview date till like late 2024 or early 2025 .

Greetings bro.
Please am curious to ask, why can't he get interview date still 2024?
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by IkeIgboNile(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2023
Derring
Big man, they will deny you! Best choice for u is her to come here u marry her or engage her, wait till you get ur k1 visa or cr1 or ir1 approved. I can put u on through

Lol......bro you sound so sure. Well she should send it first then if I'm denied then I'll go through another means or another country but I'll love to hear how you can help though.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by ednut1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
SimeonOTC:

Greetings bro.
Please am curious to ask, why can't he get interview date still 2024?
has been like that since after pandemic. You can try booking a date on their website to see. Some agents we’re selling the slots they books for 300k at some point. All na just format to keep people away from applying. Alot of Nigerians took the visit visa to usa and never came back

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by BigIyanga: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
Wotowotoman:

For your information, I dey visit yankee steady and know a lot more about the process than you or any member of your family can ever dream of.

What’s my business with letter of invitation? Did I ever talk about it? But I will use the opportunity to correct you ignoramus. In some cases, it helps as it strengthens the case for people that otherwise cannot prove why they are going to yankee. You think the consular officers don’t know 99 percent of the lazy Nigerian youths want to jakpa? You must be a slow poke.

I repeat. Nobody goes to a visa interview without taking proof of funds with them. In some very rare occasions the consular officer will not ask about one’s financial situation. But that’s typically because they know something from reading the application form.

I seriously wish to slap that your large and bald forehead. Mugu angry
You keep oozing ignorance from your narrow understanding of visa process. Typical Naija mindset who thinks that money cures everything. Consular Officer is more likely to grant visa to a government employee who makes N100K/month than someone who has N5m in his bank statement.. cos they know that folks like you pad up their accounts with borrowed funds lol.. so the money is not SEASONED…
OP is invited by his relative whose school sent an invite. It shows that he has a reasonable proof of accommodation, if he can show enough proof of home ties,VO may grant him visa.
Your financial documents are not required to issue you B1/B2. Matter of fact, when it’s requested, you dont sound legit and convincing.

Take your ignorant advice to your village whatsapp group.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Derring: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
Derring
Big man, they will deny you! Best choice for u is her to come here u marry her or engage her, wait till you get ur k1 visa or cr1 or ir1 approved. I can put u on through

Lol......bro you sound so sure. Well she should send it first then if I'm denied then I'll go through another means or another country but I'll love to hear how you can help though.
I don tell u already, I learnt from experience bro.
Cos VO will advice u to marry or engage her and go through spousal or fiancé visa
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by IkeIgboNile(m): 12:48am On Mar 13, 2023
Derring
Cos VO will advice u to marry or engage her and go through spousal or fiancé visa

So i have to invite her to 9ja and then engage her before i can get visa?
So what other options do i have besides engaging or marrying her cause i don't want to make a life commitment to someone just to leave this country.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by nounpastquestio: 4:10am On Mar 13, 2023
Thanks everyone for your contributions. I really learnt a lots of information from the good and bad comments. In fact I didnt know it would generates these huge reactions from Nairalanders. God bless you ALL.

From the reactions so far, what has given me more concerned is getting DATE for the interview since it's just within 12th,13th of May, 2022 that event is taking place. Please I want to ask, is't possible I try to see if I can get DATE first before paying the Visa Fee (72k)? So that not when after I have paid the money and in the end I wouldn't finally see date? Please kindly advise, what should I do next? ...because am thinking of making the payment today
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by BigIyanga: 4:50am On Mar 13, 2023
nounpastquestio:
Thanks everyone for your contributions. I really learnt a lots of information from the good and bad comments. In fact I didnt know it would generates these huge reactions from Nairalanders. God bless you ALL.

From the reactions so far, what has given me more concerned is getting DATE for the interview since it's just within 12th,13th of May, 2022 that event is taking place. Please I want to ask, is't possible I try to see if I can get DATE first before paying the Visa Fee (72k)? So that not when after I have paid the money and in the end I wouldn't finally see date? Please kindly advise, what should I do next? ...because am thinking of making the payment today
2022 don pass lol
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Derring: 5:59am On Mar 13, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
Derring

So i have to invite her to 9ja and then engage her before i can get visa?
So what other options do i have besides engaging or marrying her cause i don't want to make a life commitment to someone just to leave this country.
You never ready na 😅
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by nounpastquestio: 6:51am On Mar 13, 2023
Am trying to create a profile https://atlas.my.salesforce-sites.com/updatedata, please someone should help me DS-160 Confirmation Number

1. Please can someone help me out, am trying to create profile, but cannot proceed here because of Confirmation Number

2. Someone I once met in the Embassy promised to get me appointment date for 100k, please should I proceed with him? Or is't something I can do myself considering the timeframe of the event which is taking place by MAY, 2023?

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by 9jaRealist: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2023
HRprof:
@OP those comments above have not visited US embassy so don’t take them serious.
Meanwhile, US embassy will not ask you bank statements on a tourist visa neither do they ask to see your invitation letter. Apply and try your luck. My 2 cents

Visit this thread to learn more
https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4

There’s NO WAY anyone can receive a non immigrant US visa without evidence of financial means…

Furthermore, not sure why dude was denied a visa back in 2012, but that denial will remain on file and will be RELEVANT!
>
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by OmonnakOdapig: 11:45am On Mar 13, 2023
Metaphor44:

Messiah?
Nothing is interesting about life anymore. No job, can't meet my essential needs. The cruelties are unbearable
Take it easy . There is light at the dark tunnel
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Metaphor44(m): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2023
OmonnakOdapig:

Take it easy . There is light at the dark tunnel

Pls help me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2023
Derring
You never ready na 😅

If you have other options,I'm willing to listen if not thank you for your contribution.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Mikeiron78(m): 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
US Visas are not issued to a Nigerian living inNigeria just to attend a graduation ceremony, you will not go back after that event and that's the mentality of your interviewer, don't wate your time and resources,lol. The truth hurts.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Mikeiron78(m): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2023
Shoodboi:
Slot? Hope no be scam dey wan scam you so?

The letter looks suspicious. No letter head. And US Embassy of where? They didn't include it there. And dafuq is "Visa Section"? Why did the guy invite you? Why didn't he invite his own mother? Or your wife, his siste? This is a fraud but it appears you desperation has gotten the best of you. Sha no go take loan.

That's a letter from his relative

1 Like

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by AroOkigbo(m): 5:11pm On Mar 13, 2023
JONSYN7154:
US embassy. Except you don't know about it.
I know about Dropbox and have used it twice. What I implied is the very fact that he doesn't even meet the requirements for Dropbox.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by HRprof: 6:25pm On Mar 13, 2023
9jaRealist:

There’s NO WAY anyone can receive a non immigrant US visa without evidence of financial means…

Furthermore, not sure why dude was denied a visa back in 2012, but that denial will remain on file and will be RELEVANT!
>
US embassy hardly ask to see your statement of account before they give you tourist visa. I’m particular about tourist visa. Don’t use other embassy to judge US embassy. I have visited US embassy they never ask me for statement of account, during interview I also witnessed others as they were interviewed before me, no one was asked to provide it both those they give visa and those rejected. You guys should stop the argument if you don’t have experience learn from others. Meanwhile is advisable to go with statements of account but they might not ask to see it no need to hustle for prove of fund. The information you provided on your DS 160 form and your confidence answers during interview Is what give you US visit visa not documents they will never ask you.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by 9jaRealist: 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2023
HRprof:

US embassy hardly ask to see your statement of account before they give you tourist visa. I’m particular about tourist visa. Don’t use other embassy to judge US embassy. I have visited US embassy they never ask me for statement of account, during interview I also witnessed others as they were interviewed before me, no one was asked to provide it both those they give visa and those rejected. You guys should stop the argument if you don’t have experience learn from others. Meanwhile is advisable to go with statements of account but they might not ask to see it no need to hustle for prove of fund. The information you provided on your DS 160 form and your confidence answers during interview Is what give you US visit visa not documents they will never ask you.

The US State Dept requires the “ability to pay all cost of the trip” for visitors’ (including tourists’) visas…

Nonetheless, it’s possible the Embassy may not require a bank account statement, but instead satisfy itself with ancillary documentation and/or other evidence such as the applicant’s return ticket, paid hotel reservations, 3d party sponsorship, etc.
>
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by HRprof: 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
9jaRealist:

The US State Dept requires the “ability to pay all cost of the trip” for visitors’ (including tourists’) visas…

Nonetheless, it’s possible the Embassy may not require a bank account statement, but instead satisfy itself with ancillary documentation and/or other evidence such as the applicant’s return ticket, paid hotel reservations, 3d party sponsorship, etc.
>
It seems you are not getting it. US visa officers are trained psychologies they don’t need your documents to know if you can afford your trip expenses or not. The argument here is that they don’t use your documents as a basis for judgement. There is no option to upload visa support documents when filling visa application form and they might not ask to see it during interview , at VO desecration you get or refuse visa based on information supplied in your DS160 form and your ability to answer interview questions. visit US visit visa thread and ask this questions, there are lots of experience US travelers to clarify that. At the bolded shows that you have not visited US embassy
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by 9jaRealist: 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
HRprof:
It seems you are not getting it. US visa officers are trained psychologies they don’t need your documents to know if you can afford your trip expenses or not. The argument here is that they don’t use your documents as a basis for judgement. There is no option to upload visa support documents when filling visa application form and they might not ask to see it during interview , at VO desecration you get or refuse visa based on information supplied in your DS160 form and your ability to answer interview questions. visit US visit visa thread and ask this questions, there are lots of experience US travelers to clarify that. At the bolded shows that you have not visited US embassy

Some of us don’t need to… grin

Meanwhile, unlike some of you ‘natives’ in awe of US consular officers, most of us are well aware that US visa officers are actually NOT “trained psychologies (sic)”, psychologists, mind-readers or babalawos, nor do they possess any other power of omnipotence. Accordingly, for them to satisfy themselves that an applicant for a visitor’s (including a tourist) visa meets the US State Dept’s required “ability to pay all cost of the trip”, they rely on different evidentiary sources or documentation (including, but not necessarily, bank statements). The notion that US consular can just eye-ball a first-time applicant and decipher her financial capacity is, with all due respect, obtuse!
>
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by HRprof: 12:55am On Mar 14, 2023
9jaRealist:

Some of us don’t need to… grin

Meanwhile, unlike some of you ‘natives’ in awe of US consular officers, most of us are well aware that US visa officers are actually NOT “trained psychologies (sic)”, psychologists, mind-readers or babalawos, nor do they possess any other power of omnipotence. Accordingly, for them to satisfy themselves that an applicant for a visitor’s (including a tourist) visa meets the US State Dept’s required “ability to pay all cost of the trip”, they rely on different evidentiary sources or documentation (including, but not necessarily, bank statements). The notion that US consular can just eye-ball a first-time applicant and decipher her financial capacity is, with all due respect, obtuse!
>
Is not a notion of having well power, you have your information on the application form which they have gone through before your interview day and with your composition on how you answer VO questions at the interview they make their judgement. Some persons might get the visa without having enough fund in their bank account and some persons who could afford the trip got refusal. But it could have been better if they check documents like other embassies do. Getting US visa is at VO desecration and they don’t spend more than 3 minute with you talk more of checking documents you came with. (Tourist visa)
my point is that they don’t bother about documents to ascertain your ability to afford your trip
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by nounpastquestio: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2023
Am trying to create a profile https://atlas.my.salesforce-sites.com/updatedata, please someone should help me DS-160 Confirmation Number

1. Please can someone help me out, am trying to create profile, but cannot proceed here because of Confirmation Number

2. Someone I once met in the Embassy promised to get me appointment date for 100k, please should I proceed with him? Or is't something I can do myself considering the timeframe of the event which is taking place by MAY, 2023?

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by JONSYN7154: 3:12pm On Mar 14, 2023
AroOkigbo:

I know about Dropbox and have used it twice. What I implied is the very fact that he doesn't even meet the requirements for Dropbox.
Then he can go for priority visa.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by AroOkigbo(m): 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2023
JONSYN7154:
Then he can go for priority visa.
He still doesn't meet the requirements, bro.
See, once your last visa ended up with a denial, you have a whole lot of hurdles to cross. Even if you change the visa type, it still doesn't matter.
Attending a friend's graduation isn't considered an emergency. The person inviting him can never be considered a family member.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by nounpastquestio: 6:17pm On Mar 16, 2023
femi1410:
You don’t need any bank statement to apply for US visa, as the consular don’t care about it, they focus more on what you have to say orally in regards to what you do here in Nigeria, what you are going to do at the US and some other random question which won’t be more than 5. The only hard task as far as US in concerned is getting an appointment date, which is already in 2024, but people still get 2023 appointments tho. Once you can get an appointment then you make sure your application form is filled well. As the consular will ask you question based on your form and your answers to those question must not be diffrent from what’s in your form. Best of luck. Go to GTbank get ur visa fee at 72K and start looking for how you will get an early appointment.

Someone I once met in the Embassy promised to get me appointment date for 100k, please should I proceed with him? Or is't something I can do myself considering the timeframe of the event which is taking place by MAY, 2023?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident In Adamawa Kills White Man And All Passengers (Graphic Pics) / Train Hits A Toyota Camry In Mushin, Lagos (Photos) / 4 Truths Travel Agencies In Nigeria Won’t Tell You

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.