Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project (1292 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Receives His National I.D Card In His Yola Residence. Photos / Atiku And Wife Register For National I.D Card At Thier Abuja Residence / Update On Registration For The New National I.D. Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by deltalife(m): 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2011
It is espected of the federal govt to continue the National Identification card, which was last conducted I think the year 2004.

Now that Technology has improved, There is supose to be an Electronicaly Biometric-Data Identification Card, that can contain every information of each Nigerian citizens and can be useable for Election.

This will help in sulving many Nigerian problems as:

This problem of terrorism can be checked by this measure,
The problem of election rig will be over,
The excuse for the six-years one-tennor and its adverse effects.
The problem of boarder crossing.
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2011
Again grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by Youngjoeb(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2011
Please who knows he ABU zaria post ume result is out.
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by deltalife(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again grin grin grin grin grin

Pls how old are you when the exercise was conducted, and what was the age limit then?
Now how can those that were not able to regist be Identified just as it is in other civilised countries.
Beside what solution do you suggest to the cronic problems this Idea will be solution to?
Be wise man and a problem solving person.
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by Greenslim: 4:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
They should give to consultant if not they we fail again.
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by deltalife(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2011
I know how many time young felows have come to me for this and the govt is not doing any thing about it. It is off great concern, in as much as it does not apear cogent.
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2011
I join Kobo in asking Againnn

What happened to the last set? How many ppl got ID cards?

I heard Sunday Afolabi and PDP ate the money

Another venture for the new boys on the block
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
Greenslim:

They should give to consultant if not they we fail again.

No be consultant dem carry give the project the other times before now?? ROFL
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by biachwest: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2011
The id card project should be the first step our government should pursue if they are really serious to confront the diferent chalenges that is confronting nigeria.
A central data system will put the country into a different shape,i mean in all perspective.
We cannot plan if we dont have a record of what we are planning for.It will control crimes.
Who doesnt know the efectivness of a central system,just that some of the politicians are eventually blocking the process because it will eleminate most bad eggs.
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by edoyad(m): 2:42am On Sep 16, 2011
This project will experience problems not because of the FG but because of US, Nigerians. We are just tooo corrupt to do things the right way.

When i read about the sale of registered SIM cards recently i thought it was the Media again being sensational till i saw it with my own Eyes, korokoro. You can buy already registered SIM cards from registration centers for about 200 bucks. Now how does FG come into play there when the mobile phone companies are actually the ones conducting the SIM registration themselves ?
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by deltalife(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2011
biachwest:

The id card project should be the first step our government should pursue if they are really serious to confront the diferent chalenges that is confronting nigeria.
A central data system will put the country into a different shape,i mean in all perspective.
We cannot plan if we dont have a record of what we are planning for.It will control crimes.
[b]Who doesnt know the efectivness of a central system,just that some of the politicians are eventually blocking the process because it will eleminate most bad eggs[/b].

You understand what am trying to project. This if be looked into and be adopted by the Govt will help cob a lot in the country.

I think its better for this to cost Nigeria fortune that can still be recovred than the ENVISAGED consiquences of not having it done.
Now consider our presidoooo's reason for 6yrs one term and the obvious problems that that is going to cost Nigeria IMPOSSING leadership on us for such a long time. this can check this problems.
Re: Federal Govt Is To Start Up "the National I.d. Card" Project by jamace(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2011
I am yet to get mine since the last time o. I registered but was not given the ID card on the excuse that my data was not properly captured. Whose fault? I was made to register again. Up till now, I have not gotten the ID. It is either come back tomorrow or Abuja has not forwarded the ID yet.

Can Nigeria ever get anything right?

(1) (Reply)

Ibrahim Lamorde As Acting Chairman Of The Efcc With Immediate Effect / 6 Northerners Caught With Explosives At Abule Egba On New Years Eve / Abu Qaqa Boko Haram Spokesman Arrested By Sss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.