Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return (49220 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila: Why Power Devolution Is Important / Okorocha's Name Missing From The List Of People To Collect Certificate Of Return / Femi Gbajabiamila Meets Man Whose Keke Has A Fan, Audio System And Refreshments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by dre11(m): 8:22am On Mar 14, 2023

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Femi Gbajabiamila, has dismissed insinuations he is being considered as chief of staff to the president-elect Bola Tinubu.

He disclosed this to State House correspondents yesterday after a meeting of the National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with the party’s lawmakers-elect.

According to him, the reason why he didn’t collect his certificate of return was because he was campaigning for APC in Lagos for the gubernatorial election .

He said, “I don’t know anything about that chief of staff thing. All I heard was that I didn’t come here last week to pick up my certificate of return and for that reason, somebody conjectured that I must be in line for the office because I didn’t care about my mandate.

“I was in Lagos and I could not leave Lagos because I was campaigning for my party. That’s number one. Again, it will interest you to known that I was not here four years ago to pick up my certificate of return from INEC because I couldn’t make it. I don’t think it is anything significant. I’ll pick up my certificate today or tomorrow,” he said.

On the meeting with the party leadership, he said “the meeting was to bring members-elect, both senate and the House together to assure members that inspite of all the odds against the party, we were able to overcome and we were able to congratulate everybody.

“On the issue on zoning, we did not talk about it because, we’ re not there yet. We have an election coming up this weekend. And we needed to make sure that everybody goes back home, roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty. We’re not there yet so we need to compel the victory before we start talking about the leadership of the national assembly. The reason we didn’t discuss zoning is because we all agreed to tarry for a while until we finish the elections.

On his part, Senator Ali Ndume said the meeting ended well. That is what we are expecting from the party. We did an assessment of our performance and also go back home to ensure that we take the victory to the end. Nigerians have spoken and decide to elect APC and we have some ups and downs as usual in every electoral process.

“The party appealed to NASS members-elect to play down the leadership issues and focus more on ensuring that we take the election battle to the end and that is to ensure that we win our states. So the party has charged us and agreed that interactions like these should be frequent to allow us go in the same direction to avoid bad experiences of 2015 and 2019.

“The issues of zoning did not come up. The Nigerian Government now is going to be the National Assembly government because the President, Vice President, Party Chairman and Secretary are all senators. So we are going to have a rancor-free relationship.

“What we agreed is the members of the National Assembly should produce their leadership, based on who they think is the best and also considering the issues at stake and putting in place justice, fairness and equity. The president-elect will at the appropriate time take his decision”, he said.

https://leadership.ng/why-i-did-not-collect-certificate-of-return-gbajabiamila/

Previous thread:
Gbajabiamila Tops List Of Contenders For Tinubu’s Chief Of Staff

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Xscape1993(m): 8:22am On Mar 14, 2023
You did not collect it for your own personal selfish reasons....

36 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Laggafin: 8:25am On Mar 14, 2023
So to stay bk in Lagos and strategize how to rig for ur party is paramount than your certificate of return Anywx all rigging for Balablu candidates will be resisted and crushed obidiently this coming Saturday. cool

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2023
Pick it up anytime sir, na we dy reign.

62 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Zonefree(m): 8:32am On Mar 14, 2023
rantitubs:
Said he'll pick it up today or tomorrow
He should tell that to the children in his constituency.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Freshtruth(m): 8:33am On Mar 14, 2023
Chief of staff and house of reps. Wish is bigger?

Oga better collect your certificate cause Tinibu winning is still questionable make your case no be like Ameachi wey go pick presidential form come lose him position as minister till today he still dey use one eye look Buhari with style grin

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Bluntguy: 8:34am On Mar 14, 2023
Lol. He could read the handwriting on the wall. He is afraid of returning the certificate like Tulumbu when the time comes.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Bluntguy: 8:34am On Mar 14, 2023
Freshtruth:
True, wish is really bigger.

11 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by citygarden(m): 8:36am On Mar 14, 2023
It is because the certificate is not new to him anymore, after collecting for the sixth times 24 years in the lower chamber.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by MuchAdo: 8:38am On Mar 14, 2023
Laggafin:
So to stay bk in Lagos and strategize how to rig for ur party is paramount than your certificate of return Anywx all rigging for Balablu candidates will be resisted and crushed obidiently this coming Saturday. cool

There will be no army to save you when you get flogged this time around cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Freshtruth(m): 8:38am On Mar 14, 2023
citygarden:
It is because the certificate is not new to him anymore, after collecting for the sixth times 24 years in the lower chamber.
why he no one even go for the senate sex?

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Laggafin: 8:39am On Mar 14, 2023
MuchAdo:

There will be no army to save you when you get flogged this time around cheesy
Balablu weeded joke has Gallantly settled on your brain

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by ganisucks(f): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2023
Kikiki... day don dey break.
After counting his chickens before hatching, geopolitics changed and put local man in trouble. Now, local man is doing the Lawan style.

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by BikoMERCYme(f): 8:44am On Mar 14, 2023
What if he's eyeing the chief of staff post nkor??is he not worth it??

present/past president chose chief of staff based on loyalty, trust and support........he's even overqualified already sef......

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by ganisucks(f): 8:45am On Mar 14, 2023
Freshtruth:

Oga better collect your certificate cause Tinibu winning is still questionable make your case no be like Ameachi wey go pick presidential form come lose him position as minister till today he still dey use one eye look Buhari with style grin
Amaechi was deceived by Burutai. The same Burutai later deceived Tinubu.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Triangles1(m): 8:46am On Mar 14, 2023
Eyeing big post.

Using one Stone to hunt two bird is a big bad and horrible idea, Mr Gbajabi........
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Godsfrezx: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2023
Because you know that what APC did I'd sin against God and Humanity
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Lanretoye(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2023
He didn't collect on presentation day in 2019 and there was no fusss,chief of staff no mind them jare,we go port you from legislature to direct executive.but what happens to his rep position,will there be another election in his constituency cos I don't understand.i think he will still remain the speaker in the lower chamber.
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Antoeni(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2023
Fear
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by SoftP(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2023
W
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by atobs4real(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2023
who will now collect it? we will appoint another person for you. it is our slot
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Fearyourcreator: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2023
Laggafin:
We go rig am and you will cry ... Lolzzzz!!! Awon omo ode

6 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by simple250: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Bluesea55:
Canada 2years work permit with temporary accommodation available, canada, australia, new zealand, scheghen and other europe countries visa application without stress. *features* direct employment with open permit *temp accommodation *no bank statement of account√ -contact us now or whatsapp us today. note: no down payment apart from the initial embassy visa fee and your documentation fee.

How far,all your family member don move to canada

11 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by PHZADDY1(m): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Very selfish set of politicians...I pity this country
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2023
You wan try the Jagaban! When no be say Tinubu be Obasanjo wey de meddle in all aspects of governance, stamping his crooked feet on every decision like the Lord of the Manor. Baba God, make Tinubu time prosper me and usher in freshness in my life and in the lives of all men and women of goodwill, Amen. Great Nigerians, Rejoice again, I say rejoice! Happy days are here again!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by mannobi(m): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Mr speaker please accept the role of chief of staff cos we don't want some cabals to spoil asiwajus administration like malami did for buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return by Moh247: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2023
Oga dey eye more juicy position

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / President Buhari Reacts To Yola Bombing On Twitter (snapshots) / Atiku’s Daughter, Hauwa Uwais In Tears As She Gets Surprise Birthday Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.