Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,576 members, 7,850,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV (84047 Views)

"Baba Suwe That Stopped Downloading" - Seyi Law Dragged Over Comment About GRV / Jim Iyke Reacts To His Alleged Conversion To Muslim (video) / Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Jackson105: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2023
coolplanet:

According to history, Lagos is for Bini and awori. So is it a Yoruba land? Lagos is known for slavery camp during colonial era. So we can say it is no man's land

Keep fooling yourself

2 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Peppysco: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
otuomasirichi:
You see the reason why Igbo and Yoruba marriage should be abolished by all means. They rejected Gbadebo Vivour because his mother is Igbo. What's the essence of of marrying an Igbo woman and later see her children as Outcasts or intruders. This is an act of wickedness angry

Give it whatever colouration you want, Chinedu wasn't just cancelled because he's half Igbo, but he failed because the Yorubas made him pay for you all's sins. The overbearing attitudes, disrespect to your host, and the audacity to open your gutter mouths and say 'Lagos is a no man's land'. Did you actually think there won't be a response?
If una like, make una nor marry Yorubas again but the truth is you guys don't even like yourselves in the first place. Na for una side some people are called OSU's, na still for una side we dey hear say Igbos from Ebonyi are not regarded as full blooded Igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
dalass:

You are making a big mistake. Gbadebos loss is not because of Igbo mother, Desmond Elliot is a fine example of a sensible person with Igbo mother.

Gbadebo lost because he abused Yorubas on line and for the world to see that he hated Yorubas by posting a goat and calling it Afonjaa....na bastard dey do that kin thing. The mama never taught him respect for other tribes since he does not behave like Yoruba

Gbadebo ChickwuEMEKA (IPOB member) lost because:
1. His opponent is much brighter and stronger in every way
2. He is a supporter of the losers Club (IPOB)
3. Just like Obi, he is an opportunist..who doesn’t have much to offer.
4. He is not yoruba..He should return to Anambra and contest for any political position over there. We’ll come and vote for him.

Pigs!

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by 0monnak0da: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
dalass:

You are making a big mistake. Gbadebos loss is not because of Igbo mother, Desmond Elliot is a fine example of a sensible person with Igbo mother.

Gbadebo lost because he abused Yorubas on line and for the world to see that he hated Yorubas by posting a goat and calling it Afonjaa....na bastard dey do that kin thing. The mama never taught him respect for other tribes since he does not behave like Yoruba
Gbadebo lost because he is not a credible candidate. NOT BECAUSE of abuse ,yes that Did not help but besides that now many people know him before February 25?
He was going against an incumbent. What is HIS selling point?
Nothing absolutely nothing
He rode on the back of Obi sentiment

2 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Jackson105: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
JealousCobra:

Are you people not sophisticated afonjas? APC government will continue to impoverish una generation for inside that SW 😎 wetin concerned vulture with barbing salon.

E pain you, go and die!

2 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Iamziggy: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
You came to my land as a visitor I accepted u, U decide to settle down I accept, u chose to do business and make a living I accept but in return u called me Afonja, Zombie and our nation a Zoo and lastly called my land a "no mans land" and expect me to smile back at u. Ko le work.
U don't leave ya region to come and chose a leader for me.

4 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Jackson105: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

What is coming from your wretched one room abode..

Go and ask your father

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by legba1(m): 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jnkay:
This Election really showed me how tribalistic we Yorubas are.
I will always give it to Seyi Makinde, we voted him massively here including the Igbos living here with us because his good works speak for him.

Ok, alagba pls point to the bad work sanwoolu had done or better still, tell me how seyi makinde outperformed sanwoolu in governance. Lagosian resusted an attempt by the igbos to influence a premature and untenabke change if a governor who had the best perfomance amongst the governors in nigeria and you are here comparing both senecios. Igbos in lagos should do their businesses and not meddle with local politics. Igbos do business in kano, will they dare try to influence who becomes governor of kano. They over stepped their boundaries, iam know for sure ibos will never allow have of what they do in lagos in their cities and villages.. pls we need to be objective and quit being emotional . Just two weeks ago, Obi won in lagos, was it only the igbos that voted for him?

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
JealousCobra:

Are you people not sophisticated afonjas? APC government will continue to impoverish una generation for inside that SW 😎 wetin concerned vulture with barbing salon.

That’s our business…You pigs should mind your business, by returning to your despicable villages in the east…and continue to kill yourselves like flies

2 Likes

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by zomby(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Go and ask your father

The pig doesn’t know his father. He should go and jump into the lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Asour: 3:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
0monnak0da:

You have nothing to say
It is your opinion
That doesn't mean everyone must subscribe to your opinion
Stop trying to bulldoze or bully
Anything not legislated in human affairs will always be subject to debate especially so called unwritten rules
If that is to be the way forward it must be encoded

You're right.

I never said they are to be forced to behave so.

I didn't mean to imply that.

All I'm saying is that one in a position like that isn't supposed to Publicly take sides. This isn't a law. It's a reasonable line of action just like going to school is great BUT it's still not ENCODED in our laws.
But you're yet to give me a reason why it's a good idea for traditional rulers to take sides in an election that has his tribesmen as contestants.

I'm ready to hear from you how it is beneficial for traditional rulers to PUBLICLY announce a preference.

Cheers.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by GeneralPulal: 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
timilehin007:
Tomorrow Im sacking the 3 ibo boys working in my department as their sales manager...these idiots too had the audacity to talk trash about Lagos politics and confidently boasting about how they will install GRV, that bastard and properly make lagos a no man's land...I just act like I didn't care cuz they are junior staffs I can't be interacting with them...but they just shot themselves.... they will from prison sent back to onitsha
Meanwhile, 18 out of 20 local government announced...APC won all
Don’t sack them bro
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by LAguy(m): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
otuomasirichi:
You see the reason why Igbo and Yoruba marriage should be abolished by all means. They rejected Gbadebo Vivour because his mother is Igbo. What's the essence of of marrying an Igbo woman and later see her children as Outcasts or intruders. This is an act of wickedness angry

Tell me is Desmond mother not Igbo?
The problem with this GRV guy is that he is using left hand to point his father house.

someone that didn't value his father heritage how do you want his people to value him?

I think that's his mistake.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by 0monnak0da: 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2023
Asour:

You're right.

I never said they are to be forced to behave so.

I didn't mean to imply that.

All I'm saying is that one in a position like that isn't supposed to Publicly take sides. This isn't a law. It's a reasonable line of action just like going to school is great BUT it's still not ENCODED in our laws.
But you're yet to give me a reason why it's a good idea for traditional rulers to take sides in an election that has his tribesmen as contestants.

I'm ready to hear from you how it is beneficial for traditional rulers to PUBLICLY announce a preference.

Cheers.

I am sorry to say your question is childish
Only children think in binaries
I have not expressed an opinion that it is good for them to take sides or not
My view is society should debate it and decide but the rules as they are do not prohibit it
It is hypocrisy to pick on Oba of Lagos for doing something he did not start
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by MICHEALADEX(m): 3:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
God1000:
Too bad, a first class traditional ruler shouldn't be making such comments

Oba of Lagos should be father to all lagosians and be neutral

But your pastor can make such abi?

Ori yin ti Daru
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Zonefree:

Jim Iyke popular pass you and all your kindred people.
OMG grin
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Verysmart101: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The king said Sanwo will win because his people are with Sanwo.

Just like everyone, OBA is entitled to his opinion under the Nigerian constitution.

When certain Igbos claim Lagos is no man's land, you don't necessarily need a dictionary to interpret that.

When GRV says he doesn't think in Yoruba, you didn't press him to explain further!

When Namdi Kanu's boys said a Yoruba pastor should not hold a crusade In Aba, you didn't ask to know where such exist in the Nigerian constitution.

But when Oba gives his opinion, you start looking for constitution.

Bunch of hypocrites..

You are the bastard here.in 2015 when Igbos supported Agbaje who is a true Lagosian and complete youruba didn't this same useless Oba threaten to throw Igbos in the Lagoon if we dare vote a core yoruba man who turns out to be the Oba's brother? Hypocrisy kill you there . Bastard
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Juju70(m): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Did Oba stop GRV from contesting?

Isn't oba entitled to his opinion like everyone else under the Nigerian constitution?

Capital N O
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Verysmart101: 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jackson105:

Blame your fellow igbos for claiming "Lagos is no man land"

Yesterday, was to put you Igbo in place in Lagos. You should stop interfering in our local politics, do your business and go.

Yesterday, is just the beginning, more is still coming

Nothing Una go do.y just showed the north how dangerous Ur tribe can be and they are taking note.Na Una go suffer at the long run.U will see it
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by VIKTO83(m): 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
Yes the Oba of Lagos just like every other Oba ought to be non-partisan or neutral but u don't blame any who wishes to stamp a strong message of favouritism to any candidates especially not when a certain persons walked into his palace and made away with his staff of office which signifies the stamp of authority, emblem and tradition of a people. As a custodian of culture, he has to protect his stool and culture from future attacks. So being partisan here is not out of order.

@Jim, yes u can walk and work ur way into dual citizenship but it doesn't give u d temerity to destroy what a people is known for before ur coming.

Pls someone should remind me that my fellow igbo brothers burnt down BRT bus during end SARS and if I'm d chief security of a state I won't spare bullets on anyone trying to vandalize state property in d name of yahoo and politically sponsored end SARS protest.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
plaindealer:
Typical ipob rubbish, this dumb and rubbish bush actor too dey talk. Intolerant clown.
What did the Oba say that your Igbo leaders, politicians, actors, religious leaders and pastors haven't said?

You ipob losers called Yoruba people to come and play and they came out to smack you in the head.

Werey, good riddance, Nigeria can do without you ipob clowns.
Are you sure about the last sentence cool
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by NutritionGuru: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
Indeed, even the Western World said the he is a Trans-Generationally Great Man.
djseanjohn77:

See how you are disgracing your kinsmen, with your warped history and lies. You are the biggest iDIOT here.

But you will not blame your kinsmen who were the architect of the first disruption of Nigeria through coup, killing innocent people to topple governments.

What Awolowo did in the West, your elders in years to come are still unable to achieve in their entire lifetime.

Now let's be objective with undisputed facts - facts without sentiments or fabrication.

*The last two years of Awolowo as Premier of Western Region was concentrated on efforts to write his name in the book of Legends.*

He incorporated: *Western Hotels* which invested in:
* Premier Hotel,
* Lafia hotels in Ibadan
* Lagos Airport Hotel respectively.

He set up:
*Western Nigeria Development Corporation* to finance mega-corporations. This was established in 1958.
It encouraged plantation development with six agricultural plantations covering 20,517 acres in collaboration with Cooperative societies, and eleven additional plantations covering 8,468 acres with crops ranging from Cocoa, Rubber, Oil Palm, Citrus, Cashew, and Coffee had been put in place all over the region.

WNDC, a clearing house for a multitude of companies, was established for the rapid industrial development and revolution of the region.
Among them were:
1. WAPCO at Ewekoro for cement, with enough capacity to serve the whole country.
2. Nigerite Ltd, producing asbestos and roofing sheets,
3. National Bank,
4. Wema Bank,
5. Nigerian General Insurance,
6. Great Nigeria Insurance,
7. Gravil Enthoven and coy,
8. Vegetables Oil Ltd,
9. Cocoa Processing Industry Ogba Ikeja,
10. Odua Textile Mills Ltd,
11. Wrought Iron Ltd,
12. Union beverages Ltd, 13. Sungass company,
14. Wemabod estates, owner of Western House tallest building, then on Broad Street, and other estates,
15. Western livestocks,
16. Fisheries services Ltd,
17. Caxton Press,
18. Epe Plywood,
19. Asakar Paints,
20. Nigeria Crafts and Bags Ltd,
21. Nipol Plastics in Ibadan,
22. Phoenix Motors.

Also, he opened up biggest industrial layouts in:
i. Ibadan, Oluyole and
ii. Lagos Oba Akran axis and
iii. *Ilupeju in Mushin axis with over 120 factories* for mass production of different needs & gave birth to:
23. Nigeria Textile Mills,
24. West Africa Breweries,
25. Dunlop Tyres,
26. Crittal Hope Aluminum,
27. Tower Aluminium,
28. Solel Boneh,
29. Nidogas,
30. Nigeria Wire and Cables in Ilupeju.

Odua Investments was the largest conglomerates in Nigeria as at 2004 with assets worth over N10 trillion.

Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo paid the Western Nigeria Civil servants, the highest salaries far above Federal government.
So much jobs were created by vast industrialisation drives.
All these were achieved without Oil revenue between1951-1959. He also touched the road construction with bitumen & laid road network covering over 2,000 kilometers throughout the region.

Other achievements of his regime are:
1. Cocoa House, the tallest building in West Africa for decades,
2. Liberty Stadium, the most modern in the entire African,
3. Western Nigeria Television & Broadcasting Service (WNTV/WNBS), the first Radio & Television Stations in Africa,
4. Many General Hospitals and Dispensaries in rural area.
5. Free Education at primary school level.
6. His effort in Cooperative society development gave birth to establishment of Cooperative Bank in 1953 and Cooperative College.

The eight years most of this present Governors spend, was the same with Pa Awolowo, covering what comprises 8 states nowadays, yet he achieved so much. Most of our present day Governors could not mention one world class company, corporate institution or industry set up to create jobs for teaming youths being turned out year in, year out, by our ivory towers.

Today leaders should at least emulate our late sage foot steps instead of all the temporary empowerment programs (Motor cycle, Keke Napep, Pepper grinding machine, Cassava grinding machine, Deep freezer, Fridge, Clipper etc) being used to cajole the electorates at the turn of election every four years.
A time will come in this nation that people aspiring for position must show a well laid out plan before the electorate.
The cash and carry politics will fail as it's the practise in developed nation.
Let us always look forward to lasting legacies.

*OBAFEMI AWOLOWO* was obviously ahead of his peers and till today no living or deceased Nigerian has surpassed his achievements.
You wonder why the southwest Nigeria did well.

In the 1990s, Nigeria Textile Mills, Oba Akran Ikeja alone employed over 4,000 workers before the military mismanagement of economy killed the company with unfriendly company policies

*Can we ever find a leader like this man in Nigeria again?*

Indisputable facts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
People wey dy shit for house rubbish
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Sambod92: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
What else do you expect from a king that hoarded foods that were meant to mitigate the effects of covid19 on citizens. I don't regard him as a king.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by byemx06(m): 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
Mercisharelove:
APC is your problem, all APC and their kins should be stoned and abolished forever.

apart for makinde is not that is really doing something better like that, pls point me to any other GOVERNOR OR STATE doing better than APC in terms of governance.

I know you will insult me but I don't mind just provide the answer.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by haffaze777(m): 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
HITsquad:
Lol stop claiming Lagos state for yoruba. Lagos is a baby, no one is really from here.
you say what?
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Zezco(m): 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
Can Igbo called Oyo no man's land? quote author=Jnkay post=121877297]This Election really showed me how tribalistic we Yorubas are.
I will always give it to Seyi Makinde, we voted him massively here including the Igbos living here with us because his good works speak for him. [/quote]
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Gandrova: 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
I have never seen a tribe full of hatred and sentiment like Igbo people before. Them swear for una ne. It will be difficult for an Igbo man to rule Nigeria based on their ways of Politics.
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Nauttyprof(m): 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The king said Sanwo will win because his people are with Sanwo.

Just like everyone, OBA is entitled to his opinion under the Nigerian constitution.

When certain Igbos claim Lagos is no man's land, you don't necessarily need a dictionary to interpret that.

When GRV says he doesn't think in Yoruba, you didn't press him to explain further!

When Namdi Kanu's boys said a Yoruba pastor should not hold a crusade In Aba, you didn't ask to know where such exist in the Nigerian constitution.

But when Oba gives his opinion, you start looking for constitution.

Bunch of hypocrites..

Big time hypocrites. They are the origin of tribalism but hate it when paid back in their own coin
Re: Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV by Lanrefront90: 4:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
If you no like waiting oba talk, leave the country or relocate to another state .

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nina Ivy Onyenobi's Traditional Wedding Introduction Ceremony (Pictures, Video) / Toyin Aimakhu Blasted For Her 'Fallen Boobs' / Wizkid Yawning On A Plastic Chair After Performing In Ilorin

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.