Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,012 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs (36546 Views)

Atiku Wins 18 LGA Announced In Osun / Anambra Governorship Election: Soludo Wins 16 Of 18 LGAs Announced By INEC / Atiku Wins 18 Lgas, Garners 366, 592 Votes In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by almarthins(m): 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
timilehin007:

I disagree with you...yes they my be arrogant, without proper strategies put in place...they would still keep that bragging right...if these parties hadn't come together PDP would still possibly remain till today...
And mind you, APC are actually spreading beyond South West and North, they are gaining momentum in SS states in middle belt...they are taking Benue n Enboyin

Tribal card APC played in lagos would nip its political decadence from spreading further. It would now be right for any tribe in Nigeria to see APC as a Yoruba and Hausa party, therefore they must be stopped.

They are watching the event taking place now.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by IGBOSON1: 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

okoros killed Yoruba and Fulanis leaders = short term win
okoros lost 2 million souls in civil war = long term devastating loss.

You're a fcking idiot! And that's putting it lightly!

Dude, just how TF do the two scenarios relate!?

On the one hand, we have a handful of young, idealistic and misled soldiers from the then West, Midwest and Eastern Regions who went out, of their own volition, and carried out a sensless coup in which people got murdered! The 'loss of 2 million okoro souls' as you glibly put it was nothing but an expression of the continued evil of the Nigerian state which subsists till today and is affecting ALL REGIONS AND ETHNIC GRPS! Said state-sponsored evil, as expressed in the counter-coup, the pogroms and the uncivil war, were carried out largely by Fulani and Yoruba soldiers and politicians! The fact you're seeing these state-sponsored evils visited on civilians as 'justified' says all that needs to be said of your wicked and evil ass! You and your deranged ilk shouldn't be allowed to share the same country with sane and regular people....you corrupt and lower the moral tone of any society you inhabit, and it's no wonder Nigeria is in the mess it's in today when you lot cling on to what you think a few 'okoro' officers did more than half a century ago as 'justification' for your madness, murders and general stupidity of today! You're one sick and demented sack of shit!

On the other hand however, we PRESENTLY have a large section of the Yoruba political and traditional elite either supporting or financing possibly thousands of Yoruba agbero, touts, hooligans and murderers on an expedition of political violence, ballot box snatching, voter intimidation, election rigging, and burning of businesses/markets belonging to a ethnicity their forebears fought a uncivil war to ensure they were 'fellow compatriots'! These senseless criminalities, supported by the aforemntioned, isn't just limited to Lagos state, but has now spread throughout the country! This is what i mean when i say your short term wins have wider negative and long lasting implications NATIONALLY! A case in point can be seen in how your misguided, daft and shortsighted support for Buhari in 2015, all for selfish emi lo kan and bigoted reasons, has negatively affected Nigerias' fortunes today....socially, economically and morally! The Yoruba cannot be said to be insulated from the ONGOING miasma they helped inflict on the rest of the country in 2015! It's quite telling that japa -a byword for escaping abroad from the Nigerian madness and hopelessness- is a Yoruba word, and came to prominence in the national lexicon post 2015! Talk about cutting ones nose just to spite his face!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by WINDSOW(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Tinubu would rather relinquish the presidency than losing Lagos State.
You know how much him dey make per second?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by timilehin007(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
almarthins:

Tribal card APC played in lagos would nip its political decadence from spreading further. It would now be right for any tribe in Nigeria to see APC as a Yoruba and Hausa party, therefore they must be stopped.

Anybody that says APC played tribal card is a hypocrite...or just pained, all tribes did same..LP did it in east comfortably... and in Lagos the LP supporters did same, what is Sanwo-olu crime for God sake... because GRV is half ibo and he sees himself as more Igbo than Yoruba, the Igbos in Lagos capitalized on this ND wanted him to enter...ND yes, the alliance between Yoruba ND hausa makes APC seems like it's a party for just this 2 regions, i can bet my balls, after Tinubu 8 years, power will return to the North... The Igbos re the one creating unnecessary enemies for themselves..now look at what happened in Lagos this weekend...the fulanis/hausas doesn't like them...Yoruba been trying to tolerate them...now I'm sure every average Yorubas now detest them so bad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by tunde1200(m): 10:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
You said my mind.
Some fools in my area did that.

ElSudani:
Sanwo was working hard and effectively for Lagosians. I wasn't really surprised about the IPOB, I was more surprised that some Yorubas out of jealousy or hatred would work against him.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by tunde1200(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
Stamped

timilehin007:

Anybody that says APC played tribal card is a hypocrite...or just pained, all tribes did same..LP did it in east comfortably... and in Lagos the LP supporters did same, what is Sanwo-olu crime for God sake... because GRV is half ibo and he sees himself as more Igbo than Yoruba, the Igbos in Lagos capitalized on this ND wanted him to enter...ND yes, the alliance between Yoruba ND hausa makes APC seems like it's a party for just this 2 regions, i can bet my balls, after Tinubu 8 years, power will return to the North... The Igbos re the one creating unnecessary enemies for themselves..now look at what happened in Lagos this weekend...the fulanis/hausas doesn't like them...Yoruba been trying to tolerate them...now I'm sure every average Yorubas now detest them so bad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by almarthins(m): 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2023
timilehin007:

What was ambode's crime before they brought in sanwo olu?
That aside. Why all the hate against gbadebo ? Despite his detailed background. Yet, he was still seen as ? Here you go talking about hypocrisy.

There is a height of hypocrisy that Nigeria has reached. We both know you are sidetracking the obvious. Suddenly, gbadebo is now chinedu. Lest I forget rotimi amechi. You know the story except you are just coming.

Is like saying Barack Obama is Kenya can not bcome a president. So tell me who are the hypocrites?

Victor olorunsola said something I will forget, regional nationalism not Nigeria nationalism for me the basis for Nigeria's federalism. That statement is still at play till date.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by Kcdojoto(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
fatdick:
who held them from coming out?
Because many of felt that whatever the outcome of Lagos state governorship election is not our business

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by Kcdojoto(m): 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Interoma:

What do you mean, many people include you your self, I beg park well. This is Yoruba land, presidential election, Christian did not vote for Tinubu, that make LP won Lagos then with little Margin, so they now think that they have the chance to take over Lagos, hence forth all the Yeebow in Lagos had climbed tree pass leave.
oga I know what I'm saying, yorubas are just fighting themselves thinking that Igbos are their problem
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by sta1: 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
IGBOSON1:

I really doubt they believe all the crap they post on here! It's just empty, vainglorious gloating!

Oluomo has been around a long time but when he got rejected by his former transport union, Oluomo cancelled their Lagos contract and specifically created the chairman of parks role for him. Hence, Oluomo is on state payroll; he is actually supposed to be a civil servant, to all ethnicities in Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by Lincton: 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
A victory well deserved.
Congratulations to Governor Sanwo-olu

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by eyinjuege: 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
almarthins:

APC has always been seen as a Yoruba and Hausa party formed from ACN and Buharis party then.
That's not a new discovery, and that's one of the reasons it has never had any momentum in the SE.
LP is now seen as an Igbo party, even though it never used to be.
APGA is seen as an Igbo party
PDP is still the only party that cuts across all regions, I believe
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by ufotunang: 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
vince2016:

On what grounds would he have won the election?
Is it that he is more popular or that he has more experience? The guy is not even a registered Architect. Is it that he is the most intelligent candidate?
To govern Lagos no be child's play o!!! You just want to ride on Obi' popularity and just be Governor just like that!!
Lagos is not lacking overly competent, experienced, brilliant and mature people to govern her.
...on the grounds that he had a lot of supporters in Lagos.... election is won by the highest number of votes... majority of Lagosians were supporting him and labour.party.. lagosians were tired of sanwo olu and APC bad goverance in Lagos and because of the fear of sanwo olu and APC that labour party can win the election in Lagos....they have to use thugs to attack labour party voters at the polling units and destroy polling unit where they knew that labour party will win ...and I do not understand why APC cannot win election free and fair?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by timilehin007(m): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2023
almarthins:

That aside. Why all the hate against gbadebo ? Despite his detailed background. Yet, he was still seen as ? Here you go talking about hypocrisy.

There is a height of hypocrisy that Nigeria has reached. We both know you are sidetracking the obvious. Suddenly, gbadebo is now chinedu. Lest I forget rotimi amechi. You know the story except you are just coming.

Is like saying Barack Obama is Kenya can not bcome a president. So tell me who are the hypocrites?

Victor olorunsola said something I will forget, regional nationalism not Nigeria nationalism for me the basis for Nigeria's federalism. That statement is still at play till date.

Ambode case is internal, he isn't a wise partisan ...in Nigeria politics, you negotiate for power, you can singlehandedly fight for it on your own .. those of us in Lagos knows why he was ousted, but it's not why we are here...as for Gbadebo, you and I knows he shot himself in the leg, he embraces the Igbos, he abused Yoruba, called them several names including Afonja etc, I'm sure you know all these and more...Yorubas voted massively for Obi, hope you know...they turned against him the Igbos hijacked his ambition and misled him..
As for Obama ..if I'm not mistaken, I think Yoruba still remains the most accommodating of all...things we tolerate, hausa ND Igbos would never take quarter of it...Ondo state first lady is from Imo...she wanted to contest for a post in imo, they denied her because she married a Yoruba man...this is a full fleshed ibo lady for that matter...
Osun state governor's mother and wife are ibo, Desmond Elliot also is half ibo and Yoruba..yet the Yoruba never had any problem with him...that tells you something fundamental is wrong with Gbadebo

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by eyinjuege: 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
almarthins:

What exactly is Gbadebos background? (And forget the nonsense about his parent's tribe) that's not what will determine a good administrator.
What wonders has Gbadebo ever done home and abroad? Where has he risen through any ranks before?
So what if he went to Unis abroad? Which seems to be the only thing people are saying about him.
Studying abroad is not a big deal, and Nigerians do that all the time.
SanwoOlu is also an Alumni of London Business School and Lagos Business school, and some other American Uni
Gbadebo was only an intern.
What positions has he ever held to manage others?
What experience is he bringing to the table to govern the largest economy in Nigeria and one of the largest in Africa?
Sanwo Olu has been an administrator in several banks, has been commissioner in Lagos and head of LSDPC at some point.
Nobody cares about how many degrees you have , but the experience you bring to the table.
The role he was applying for was way beyond his experience. It's not a low ranking job, but the number 1 man of the state.
If you bring their CVs side by side, you can't compare in any way, because Gbadebo's own is not enough to get the job
So why do you people think he can be a better candidate?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by almarthins(m): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
timilehin007:

Ambode case is internal, he isn't a wise partisan ...in Nigeria politics, you negotiate for power, you can singlehandedly fight for it on your own .. those of us in Lagos knows why he was ousted, but it's not why we are here...as for Gbadebo, you and I knows he shot himself in the leg, he embraces the Igbos, he abused Yoruba, called them several names including Afonja etc, I'm sure you know all these and more...Yorubas voted massively for Obi, hope you know...they turned against him the Igbos hijacked his ambition and misled him..
As for Obama ..if I'm not mistaken, I think Yoruba still remains the most accommodating of all...things we tolerate, hausa ND Igbos would never take quarter of it...Ondo state first lady is from Imo...she wanted to contest for a post in imo, they denied her because she married a Yoruba man...this is a full fleshed ibo lady for that matter...
Osun state governor's mother and wife are ibo, Desmond Elliot also is half ibo and Yoruba..yet the Yoruba never had any problem with him...that tells you something fundamental is wrong with Gbadebo

As for this political matter, I intentionally didn't go out to vote. Though my only anger is the boldness of those Lagos tout threatening voters with ease. Seems like APC handiwork. As me I no get issue with whoever wins but it be free n fare. The last election look like a war play
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by eyinjuege: 12:00am On Mar 20, 2023
Mercy2006:
Personally, I would like to know how Gbadebo lost his polling unit because there was no voters suppression and intimidation there.
Neither was ballot snatching.
Does it mean he is not as popular among his people as people were making him out to be?

His people don't know him.
It's those on social media typing from abroad and other states in Nigeria that seem to know him.
I only started hearing about Gbadebo about a month ago or even less, just after the Presidential election.
He was only riding on the PO wave.
At least we heard of Jandor and Funke Akindele.
Did he even campaign to anybody, except giving press interviews?
Which time could he have had to truly do any campaign?
His own past social media tweets also worked against him, for those that might have even supported him because he's a handsome young man(which was all some ladies had to say about him and reason to vote for him cheesy)
People get easily carried away with social media euphoria. It's like a drug

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by XAUBulls: 12:01am On Mar 20, 2023
Damidave1124:
Congratulations to Sanwó! Although I love PO, I can't vote Gbadebo over Sanwó.

Someone who calls his fellow Yoruba man afonja.

Let us beware of whatever we want to post on social media as the internet never forgets. They used some of his comments on social media to campaign against him, believe it or not, a real Yoruba will never vote for him seeing those comments.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by almarthins(m): 12:04am On Mar 20, 2023
eyinjuege:

What exactly is Gbadebos background? (And forget the nonsense about his parent's tribe) that's not what will determine a good administrator.
What wonders has Gbadebo ever done home and abroad? Where has he risen through any ranks before?
So what if he went to Unis abroad? Which seems to be the only thing people are saying about him.
Studying abroad is not a big deal, and Nigerians do that all the time.
SanwoOlu is also an Alumni of London Business School and Lagos Business school, and some other American Uni
Gbadebo was only an intern.
What positions has he ever held to manage others?
What experience is he bringing to the table to govern the largest economy in Nigeria and one of the largest in Africa?
Sanwo Olu has been an administrator in several banks, has been commissioner in Lagos and head of LSDPC at some point.
Nobody cares about how many degrees you have , but the experience you bring to the table.
The role he was applying for was way beyond his experience. It's not a low ranking job, but the number 1 man of the state.
If you bring their CVs side by side, you can't compare in any way, because Gbadebo's own is not enough to get the job
So why do you people think he can be a better candidate?

If are talking about experience, I think most of the so-called experienced political rulers had failed expectation. So I can't judge anyone by experience.

Alexander the Great was not a veteran before he conquered the known world of his time at 22.

With all the experience buhari had yet our economy is now in tarter. I think the right word should be political will to effect certain changers that will reflect throughout generations.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by SugarGirl44(f): 12:33am On Mar 20, 2023
Kcdojoto:
Many people did not come out to vote, especially non yorubas.
Congratulations to him

We don’t need their votes.
They should think of how to develop their states and leave SW, including your their jobless mouthpiece.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by MyAmericandream(f): 12:41am On Mar 20, 2023
Caseless:
Sanwo-olu should naturally win. He's a gentleman and has performed creditably well.

And is still the worst places to live on earth. Suffering and smiling people
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by vince2016(m): 4:09am On Mar 20, 2023
ufotunang:
...on the grounds that he had a lot of supporters in Lagos.... election is won by the highest number of votes... majority of Lagosians were supporting him and labour.party.. lagosians were tired of sanwo olu and APC bad goverance in Lagos and because of the fear of sanwo olu and APC that labour party can win the election in Lagos....they have to use thugs to attack labour party voters at the polling units and destroy polling unit where they knew that labour party will win ...and I do not understand why APC cannot win election free and fair?

I don't condone violence in any way bro and areas where we recorded irregularities are very few compared to the whole state. My friend, to think he can win Sanwo Olu is highly delusional and gives you out as a political neophyte. The fact that is very popular with the Igbo concentrated areas cannot make him a Governor of Lagos. Let me tell you, that guy is a mistake. See the marginal different......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by vince2016(m): 4:16am On Mar 20, 2023
Invitationn:

Leave dem mate.
The “Top to bottom” crap will only work in the East and North; not here in the SW.
In the SW we know exactly what our choices are and we weigh them and go for what we believe will serve us better.
GRV didn’t lose because his mum is Igbo, he lost because he alienated himself from the Yorubas whilst courting the Igbos.
He lost because of his tendencies to tolerate IPOB in Lagos and radicalise the peaceful Igbos in Lagos through his infantile rhetorics.
He lost because Sanwo has better credentials.

You are absolutely very correct 💯

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by XAUBulls: 6:15am On Mar 20, 2023
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by FiremanX: 6:26am On Mar 20, 2023
pocohantas:

And what is the worst that would happen? I will return to my state or the SE. I have lived there for years and I didn’t die. I even had better quality of life than in Lagos. As long as no one is out to take my life, best believe I don’t give 2fcks about Tinubu and his Lagos. Look for another person to tell this trash.
If you are really enjoying quality life in Abia state then why are you still in Lagos?
Everyone knows that Lagos is like NYC to south easterners, you people can't do without Lagos that's why Lagos is overcrowded and traffic is much, abeg make una move back to una states so that Lagos can be free, the pains of staying in traffic for hours is terrifying.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by MrMystrO(m): 8:31am On Mar 20, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
mystro of petals?

Nope lol. Mystro the musical Artist. Who's that by the way?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by timilehin007(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2023
almarthins:

As for this political matter, I intentionally didn't go out to vote. Though my only anger is the boldness of those Lagos tout threatening voters with ease. Seems like APC handiwork. As me I no get issue with whoever wins but it be free n fare. The last election look like a war play

Have you heard that APC won 25 out of 27 local governments in Imo? You said they are declining...I told you they are gathering even more momentums...I never even saw Imo coming....Wike have given APC strong base in PH..akwa ibom too is now a strong base for APC..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs by Styx01: 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
Elections have come and gone. Lagos touts, thugs, ballot box snatchers can now go back to their usual under bridge and continue with their dirty lives. oluomo and the few favoured ones will continue to enjoy on their behalf. Touts, thugs and snatchers of ballot boxes are only remembered every 4years.
Any of the touts that survives the intense hunger ahead will be called upon to snatch ballot boxes in 2027

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Tweets About 108 Suvs Saraki Bought Senators / Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Ibrahim Babangida’s Son And Grandchildren [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.