Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm (81426 Views)

This Big Bush Meat Could Worth More Than #20,000 / Big Python And Bush Meat Killed By Me And My Friends. / Man Who Went To Harvest Yam, Catches A Giant Squirrel In His Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Shegz4god(m): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2023
That animal can fetch you close to 10kdolls man
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by michealidowu91(m): 11:31am On Mar 22, 2023
Another African Civet caught somewhere in Ogun state, Hunter selling it for 25k

Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by tranxo(m): 11:43am On Mar 22, 2023
mariahAngel:
It's a civet.
I just hope they didn't eat that.

It's food. Just like the fish, beef, poultry you eat.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by minato12: 11:51am On Mar 22, 2023
Charlie2020:
About 6 months ago, our dog led us to this funny looking rodentlike animal within the compound. How this animal got into the compound remained a mystery till date because the compound is completely fenced with no breaches through which such animal could gain entrance. To cut the story short, my cousin killed it out of fear because we thought it was a transmogrified enemy...but it later turned out to be a HEDGEHOG

you juat killed sonic the hedgehog

2 Likes

Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by mariahAngel(f): 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2023
StreetFight:

What should they do with it? Plant it into the soil so that it grows into a big tree of many Civets?

I know for you? Hahahahaha😂

Mercury12:
for Naija? Anything goes here. Even shark, whale and octopus are on the menu list too😂

Hahahahahahahahaha😂

tranxo:

It's food. Just like the fish, beef, poultry you eat.
What isn't food in Nigeria? 😲
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by skipo1010(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2023
The Bible said they shall not kill
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Skmoda360(m): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
fykes:

The things no dey fear person oo...e go just dey look you as you dey come
And i will injure you now.... grin
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Horus(m): 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2023
Animal Protection Organisation of Nigeria

Animal Protection Organization of Nigeria is aimed at safeguarding the welfare, rights and health of animals.
Our objective is to provide solutions to issues on Environmental Pollution, Animal Conservation, Welfare, among others.
Membership of this organization is opened to anyone who believe in the coexistence of all life forms.
We believe the issues faced by animals can be solved through a concerted effort thus the need for a collaboration with all and sundry.

Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Horus(m): 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2023
Chapter 50 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Cruelty to animals

Section 495 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Offences of cruelty to animals
(1) Any person who‐

(a) cruelly beats, kicks, ill‐treats, over‐rides, over ‐dri ves, over‐loads, tortures, infuriates, or terrifies any animal, or causes or procures, or being the owner, permits any animal to be so used; or

(b) by wantonly or unreasonably doing or omitting to do any act, or causing or procuring the commission or omission of any act, causes any unnecessary suffering, or being the owner, permits any unnecessary suffering to be caused to any animal; or

(c) conveys or carries, or being the owner, permits to be conveyed or carried any animal in such manner or position as to cause such animal unnecessary suffering; or

(d) wilfully without any reasonable cause or excuse administers, or causes or procures, or, being the owner, permits such administration of, any poisonous or injurious drug or substances to any animal, or wilfully without any reasonable cause or excuse causes any such substance to be taken by any animal; or

(e) subjects, or causes or procures, or, being the owner, permits, to be subjected, any animal to any operation which is performed without due care and humanity; or

(f) causes, or procures, or assists at the fighting or baiting of any animal, or keeps, uses, manages, or acts or assists in the management of any premises or place for the purpose, or partly for the purpose, of fighting or baiting any animal, or permits any place to be so kept, managed or used, or receives or causes or procures any person to receive money for the admission of any person to such premises or place,

is guilty of an offence of cruelty and is liable to imprisonment for six months or to a fine of fifty naira or to both such imprisonment and fine.

(2) For the purposes of this section, an owner shall be deemed to have committed cruelty within the meaning of this Chapter if he shall have failed to exercise reasonable care and supervision in respect of the protection of the animal therefrom:

Provided that, when an owner is convicted of permitting cruelty within the meaning of this Chapter by reason only of his having failed to exercise such care and supervision, he is not liable to imprisonment without the option of a fine.

(3) Nothing in this Chapter shall apply‐

(a) to the commission or omission of any act in the course of the destruction, or the preparation for destruction, of any animal as food for mankind, unless such destruction or such preparation was accompanied by the infliction of unnecessary suffering; or

(b) to the coursing or hunting of any captive animal, unless such animal is liberated in an injured, mutilated or exhausted condition; but a captive animal shall not, for the purpose of this section, be deemed to be coursed or hunted before it is liberated for the purpose of being coursed or hunted, or after it has been recaptured, or if it is under control.

Section 495 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria

Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by DrDunamis(m): 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2023
ify2016:
Giant bush meat killed by my friend on his farm few minutes ago.

Nigeria is truly blessed with good protein.

Really gonna miss the pepper soup.

African civet a.k.a Bush dog
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by colonelwealth(m): 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
millionaireman:

But from where did civet enter Nigeria?

It has always been in Nigeria and west Africa.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2023
jidxin:
i really do not understand so how would you get the animal to US when you know that importation of exotic animals is not really encouraged

do you know that you can easily get a tiger or lion for sale in the US? even an elephant, while these animals are not native to the US. its called black market.

here, go to exoticanimalsforsale (dot net)...do a search for "genet", and you will see one that is currently for sale in the US for $3.5K
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2023
slimfit1:

I am married so I don't need it. I am trying to expose people into financial opportunities not everything requires prayers God put our blessings close to us we need wisdom to be able to tap into it. But if we have friends like you man will remain poor forever.
Lol, if only you knew how I help strangers to make money😂
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by billyG(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
Those guys just killed they destiny helper that civet cat when fed coffee beans gives out coffee beans poo which is d world most expensive coffee......is it no Blackman foolishness for killing the civet that shiit d golden coffee
Civet coffee price ranges from $100-$600/pounds.
In Africa civet na peppersoup ingredient.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by billyG(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2023
Those guys just killed they destiny helper that civet cat when fed coffee beans gives out coffee beans poo which is d world most expensive coffee......is it no Blackman foolishness for killing the civet that shiit d golden coffee
Civet coffee price ranges from $100-$600/pounds.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by jidxin(m): 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

do you know that you can easily get a tiger or lion for sale in the US? even an elephant, while these animals are not native to the US. its called black market.

here, go to exoticanimalsforsale (dot net)...do a search for "genet", and you will see one that is currently for sale in the US for $3.5K
I'm talking about exportation of exotic animals
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
jidxin:
I'm talking about exportation of exotic animals

they get there through cargo ship/planes (and/or with fake documents), and pass the border just like any other illegal/prohibited items.
if someone can walk through the desert from Mexico to the US, then that same person can carry a baby tiger and do the same trip.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by jidxin(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=121978649]

they get there through cargo ship/planes (and/or with fake documents), and pass the border just like any other illegal/prohibited items.
if someone can walk through the desert from Mexico to the US, then that same person can carry a baby tiger and do the same trip.[/h] but from Nigeria.... How?
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2023
jidxin:
but from Nigeria.... How?

from Africa, they can easily be shipped to fake zoos all over corrupted countries in South America (like Mexico)... from there, it will be a walk in the park to the US. wildlife trafficking is a $19B business. there is too much money in it for it to stop. the more rare the animal, the better.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by tranxo(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2023
mariahAngel:

What isn't food in Nigeria? 😲
Until the financial status of the yet-to-japa changes,.........nothing.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by jidxin(m): 6:23am On Mar 23, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

from Africa, they can easily be shipped to fake zoos all over corrupted countries in South America (like Mexico)... from there, it will be a walk in the park to the US. wildlife trafficking is a $19B business. there is too much money in it for it to stop. the more rare the animal, the better.
all those stress I can bet na 100 dollars go remain
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:31am On Mar 23, 2023
jidxin:
all those stress I can bet na 100 dollars go remain

probably... but you only need to bring ONE male and ONE female of whatever species...then when they get there, you breed them and sell their offspring (or connect with other owners of these animals to breed them together)
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Ikemba007: 7:53am On Mar 23, 2023
Which one be sadly? Is coffee out native food?

Hambivert:
Civets are bred in Indonesia and some Asian countries to produce the most expensive kind of Coffees, here, sadly for them we eat them with joy.

During the early days of the superstar MOD who you may know who... this thread would hit frontpage in a matter of seconds.

The sparogator and anything wildlife games were 5 and 6.
Interesting times they were.
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 23, 2023
Most people here don't know how delicious this bush meat is .

If you served this bush meat in this food section many folks here would yearn to eat it.

Gone are the days when men go to the bush to hunt for what they'll eat .
Re: Bush Meat Killed By My Friend On His Farm by Charlie2020(f): 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2023
Skmoda360:

You hardly see that animal anyhow.
Before the unfortunate incident

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Waitress Inserts A Customer's Sausage In Her Vagina Before Serving Him (Video) / How Much Is Bag Of Rice Today In Nigeria(caprice)? / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.