Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria (40491 Views)

Campus Prostitution Not So Bad(reasons) / Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women / Tinder Prostitution: A Tax Free Billion Dollar Industry In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by lavylilly: 3:09am On Mar 23, 2023
grin
Namigotalktru:
Growing? When some Agbaya old men have been building hotels across from universities over a decade
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by lavylilly: 3:09am On Mar 23, 2023
nedekid:
Na wah.
If one can afford it, send your ward to private universities. Especially babcock or covenant. Such activity is reduced there as students are not allowed to leave the campus without consent from the parents.
Dry play just dey play. It even rampant there
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by pacespot(m): 5:26am On Mar 23, 2023
Moral decadence everywhere in the country. I mean you just have to be a criminal or do one morally questionable thing to make it in Nigeria.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by olancho: 8:05am On Mar 23, 2023
Some mothers are sending their children to do it, especially those mothers that did runs when they were in school It didn't start today.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 9:18am On Mar 23, 2023
Gerrard59:

As usual, it is the ones who don't have money that gets angry. You think a well-to-do dude who works remotely and earns at least $2000 in Nigeria would make this statement?

Go and work for money, and these girls will seek your presence. Stop being angry that your smelly deek cannot command a price in the open market. Alternatively, tell the richer males around you to stop patronising these girls.

An idiotic statement. Do you know me or how much I earn or how many people I am feeding or employed? Some you will just come on faceless platform and be claiming shit. Bunch of bloody empty barrels.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Rubyjade: 10:30am On Mar 23, 2023
wink
Treassured:

Na to dey Collect TAX on top Sex.

I will Surely Petition this Development😂
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by millstone(m): 11:11am On Mar 23, 2023
Rubyjade:
I am a lady
Apologies my lady
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Izongdave(m): 11:22am On Mar 23, 2023
to me the fact that the trade takes place in our campuses is not my problem, but the willingness of the girls is quite another issue
we find ourselves in a system where higher institutions are constrained to admit students who can't even afford to feed themselves not to talk of, getting accommodation or footing the school bills and it is in attempt to secure most of this necessaries that the students end up involving themselves in social vices not limited to cultism and prostitutions.
one may wonder what our government care to do in curbing the situation; without facilitating student loans or even part time employment for some who are so desperate to get the Degrees while our bursary schemes remain the biggest affront to our sensibilities
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Bhoyz66: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2023
QuinModah:

https://www.nairaland.com/1839798/campus-prostitution-growing-concern-nigeria

this is the society we find ourselves now!!! it's such a shame

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by zanshi: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2023
nedekid:
Na wah.
If one can afford it, send your ward to private universities. Especially babcock or covenant. Such activity is reduced there as students are not allowed to leave the campus without consent from the parents.

I went ot one of em and it isn't any different trust me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by MechanicMike: 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2023
QuinModah:

bro..91% of women in Nigeria are now prostitute (marrrry & single)..they only people we feel sorry for os those guys who say they have girl friend. Even girl friends now do side prostitute work & this is normal by the government. I lie? (no oofeinse) smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by zanshi: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2023
Here is my 2 cents:

We have to teach our women contentment: Ask yourself what do these babes use the money they make off this trade to do? Buy vain things like overpriced hair,phones knowing fully well that their income bracket can't carry that. Even if you are in a relationship with these women they can even belittle you and your career like your 170k salary and for the fact that you help her with some responsibilities like it you aint sh1t

Do these babes every stop: Even if as a hkp babe you are lucky to come across a high value man, and he knows you are an hookup babe, he won't want to ever settle for you long term cos he met you in the streets and once a street girl always a street girl. Begs to ask if you as a babe have slept with mulptile are you finally ready to let the past behind?

Hookup is ruining the dating market: Gone are the days where men would sharpen their pickup lines and go to meet the girl they find pretty and woo her aggressively now men barely put in effort nowadys, they would rather pay a hookup girl to give them girlfriend experience whilst keeping her around as a bestie. Such men often times won't oftentimes put effort in their relationship to make it work because they feel there is a plan B they can pay for to get them that. And long term too as a woman, to comit to one guy would be hard, because you indirectly keep comparing the new guy to the old gys....

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by lavylilly: 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
Nigeria campuses ars a fertile ground for exploitation.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by naturefellow(m): 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

fair enough, let us look at a country like Venezuela or Argentina...do you think that corruption cases there get justice? the charade we call "justice" in the west is just the same as the non existant justice in poor countries. on paper, it indeed looks like there is justice, but is there really?! do you know that although Sarkozy was indeed found guilty of a serious corruption crime, he hasnt spent a day in a jail cell. where is the justice there? do you really think that Nigerian political elite can defraud an election process, without the help of the west? isnt it the same west that defrauded their own people during the election of BUSH vs GORE? where was the justice then? isnt it the same corrupted west that pretended there was WMD in Irak so that they could go in and steal the country's natural ressources (and now they look down on Russia for doing exactly the same thing in Ukraine....bloody hypocrites)? and then again do the same in Afghanistan? why do you think there is suddenly an opioid crisis in the US today (after the US army invaded the biggest opioid-producing country in the world)?! isnt it the same tricks that were used in the 80s with crack cocaine that "they" were importing themselves, that was killing their own people? do you really think nobody in the US gov knew/knows about this? the US invades the #1 heroin producer in the world (Afghamistan) and suddenly all your people become heroin addicts, and you dont see anything wrong in this picture? go check Kensington av in Philly or skid row in LA to understand that these corrupt people do not give a damn about LIFE. just like your corrupted African leaders.
phew! In the end, corruption is a pandemic and true justice is far-fetched. Especially for 'fantastically corrupt' countries like Nigeria.

Was informative engaging you!
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
Sleekfingers:

An idiotic statement. Do you know me or how much I earn or how many people I am feeding or employed? Some you will just come on faceless platform and be claiming shit. Bunch of bloody empty barrels.

If you are truly rich as you claim, you would not be angry that young and beautiful women are not allowing you access to their bodies. Only poor men use their stinky fingers to type such.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
Nigeria is a morally bankrupt society. It all starts from our homes, proper upbringing of children is very important

So many parents these days don't teach their kids good morals, poor parenting is largely responsible.
This problem goes beyond upbringing as it instead is indicative of the high levels of poverty in the nation — over 90%. undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by nedekid: 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2023
zanshi:

I went ot one of em and it isn't any different trust me.
Well, I only know about the Iperu campus of babcock. Students cannot get out of the campus without express approval from their parents. The only time is when the school bus takes them to the main campus to visit the mall and it brings them back.
If it is 2 months you drop kids there, they stay for the whole 2 month. Heck I have to give approval when my ward orders fast food from outside the campus. As in the security will call if he is allowed to eat it.
Well, one never knows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
lavylilly:
Nigeria campuses ars a fertile ground for exploitation.
The more reason why prostitution ought to be legalized in order that these girls not be exploited. lipsrsealed
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
zanshi:
â–  Here is my 2 cents: We have to teach our women contentment: Ask yourself what do these babes use the money they make off this trade to do? Buy vain things like overpriced hair,phones knowing fully well that their income bracket can't carry that. Even if you are in a relationship with these women they can even belittle you and your career like your 170k salary and for the fact that you help her with some responsibilities like it you aint sh1t
â–  Do these babes every stop: Even if as a hkp babe you are lucky to come across a high value man, and he knows you are an hookup babe, he won't want to ever settle for you long term cos he met you in the streets and once a street girl always a street girl. Begs to ask if you as a babe have slept with mulptile are you finally ready to let the past behind?
â–  Hookup is ruining the dating market: Gone are the days where men would sharpen their pickup lines and go to meet the girl they find pretty and woo her aggressively now men barely put in effort nowadys, they would rather pay a hookup girl to give them girlfriend experience whilst keeping her around as a bestie. Such men often times won't oftentimes put effort in their relationship to make it work because they feel there is a plan B they can pay for to get them that. And long term too as a woman, to comit to one guy would be hard, because you indirectly keep comparing the new guy to the old gys....
1. This is a bullsheet argument to make in a world were materialism is hailed. The average kid in foreign climes boasts of nice shoes, a nice iPad, or a phone — a least a good working chrome book with an internet connection. Why do we keep insisting that kids in Africa should not or cannot desire the same? No be brain damage that one be? undecided

2. What are you talking about? undecided

3. Ruining the dating market? Please stop right there. A man who wants to date will date and a man who wants to do hookups will do hookups. Blaming the confusion of some individuals out there on hookups is ridiculous. undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by God1000(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This problem goes beyond upbringing as it instead is indicative of the high levels of poverty in the nation — over 90%. undecided
I agree with you, but you can't completely dismiss the fact that poor upbringing also contributes to it.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
â–  I agree with you, but you can't completely dismiss the fact that poor upbringing also contributes to it.
1. Those with poor upbringing as their reason are in the minority. The majority as into it because they are simply from poor backgrounds and cannot afford what they desire and long to have as a result. And please, do not come back here to tell me that a kid living in Africa should not long for and desire the same opportunities that kids elsewhere have access to and freedom to elsewhere in world. undecided

We live in a very materialistic age and so anyone birthing kids into poverty is to blame for dooming such a child to such an existence. undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by rickleye: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2023
QuinModah:

This is NOT a Nigerian Issue but a Societal Moral Decadence. The only reason you hear more about it now is due to the smart phones and social forums where such videos are captured and shared.

You fix the society , you will fix " campus prostitution ". The major difference between here and abroad is that they do it because they want to most ladies do it here because they have to. They have to get clothes for school, books and other necessity.

I recall when I was still on campus ... greatest akokite - Moremi Hall was in its glory days circa 2000, I'll go to popsie and lay out a budget. I need N3k per day, 21k for a week spread over 15 weeks = 310k. That does not include clothes, registration, room , misc . The old man would slash the amount and send me out with N10k and say "go and manage" . How do you expect a lady to manage and cope ? She does the only thing she can do to manage the situation. Those that don't either visit uncles and aunties to supplement the income or engage in night endeavours.

This can not end - It would surprise you the number of bigwigs that hire ladies for one event or the other. What saves all the ladies from going that route are:
1. Love ( If the parents shower them with love and care and they have open communication, she has no reason to sell herself)
2. Religion ( For those from broken homes and complete homes, there will always be temptation to follow "Bisi:" who has a Iphone 14 and wears nice clothes even though her parents don't support that much.
3. Financial Support :- For those with elder siblings who can take over financial support younglings.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by God1000(m): 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Those with poor upbringing as their reason are in the minority. The majority as into it because they are simply from poor backgrounds and cannot afford what they desire and long to have as a result. And please, do not come back here to tell me that a kid living in Africa should not long for and desire the same opportunities that kids elsewhere have access to and freedom to elsewhere in world. undecided

We live in a very materialistic age and so anyone birthing kids into poverty is to blame for dooming such a child to such an existence. undecided
You are trying to justify why people go into prostitution cheesy

Poverty isn't the main reason, it's laziness

Also, kids from broken and dysfunctional homes indulge in prostitution most.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
â–  You are trying to justify why people go into prostitution cheesy
â– Poverty isn't the main reason, it's laziness . Also, kids from broken and dysfunctional homes indulge in prostitution most.
1. Ignoring what is the reality of these things will change nothing or make them go away. undecided

2. Poverty is the number one factor for driving these kids into such lives. And you claim kids from broken and dysfunctional homes indulge in prostitution the most and it never occurred to you that poverty is itself a broken and dysfunctional situation, to begin with? undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
Ogamysamo:
it boils down to mindset.
poverty or no poverty prostitution is not the solution.
lack of contentment also contributed largely to campus prostitution as some students prefer living fake lives.
although patronisers has a role to play, the actual people in the act have more...
FACE YOUR STUDIES, ZERO YOUR MIND AND ALL THIS WILL NOT BE ATTRIBUTED UNTO YOU
See dingbaticus reasoning abeg! undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by God1000(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Ignoring what is the reality of these things will change nothing or make them go away. undecided

2. Poverty is the number one factor for driving these kids into such lives. And you claim kids from broken and dysfunctional homes indulge in prostitution the most and it never occurred to you that poverty is itself a broken and dysfunctional situation, to begin with? undecided

It seems we have different understanding of broken and dysfunctional families.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
â–  It seems we have different understanding of broken and dysfunctional families.
1. Reality speaks volumes for itself. That notion that somehow humility is found in poverty is a wicked one created by the wicked to keep the poor foolish and depraved longer. Poverty is a broken and dysfunctional situation and every family that exists in poverty of the same nature, no matter how glossy you try to make the many tales about them seem. undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by God1000(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Families caught in the cycle of dysfunction often face serious abusive issues like alcohol abuse, drug abuse, domestic violence, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and emotional abuse.

Children of dysfunctional families tend to carry on the cycle of dysfunction into their own lives and into their own families.

A dysfunctional family is one that is mired in conflict, chaos, a lack of structure, or indifference so that the child’s physical and emotional needs cannot be met. Factors that can impair a family’s functioning include poor parenting, distressed or abusive environments, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic physical illness, and poor communication

A healthy family system, on the other hand, is one where family members nurture and support each other. Family relationships are close and individual members within a family have a sense of emotional well-being

I hope this helps you.

Kobojunkie:
1. Reality speaks volumes for itself. That notion that somehow humility is found in poverty is a wicked one created by the wicked to keep the poor foolish and depraved longer. Poverty is a broken and dysfunctional situation and every family that exists in poverty of the same nature, no matter how glossy you try to make the many tales about them seem. undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
■ Families caught in the cycle of dysfunction often face serious abusive issues like alcohol abuse, drug abuse, domestic violence, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and emotional abuse. Children of dysfunctional families tend to carry on the cycle of dysfunction into their own lives and into their own families. [b]A dysfunctional family is one that is mired in conflict, chaos, a lack of structure, or indifference so that the child’s physical and emotional needs cannot be met. Factors that can impair a family’s functioning include poor parenting, distressed or abusive environments, substance abuse, mental illness, chronic physical illness, and poor communication[/b]A healthy family system, on the other hand, is one where family members nurture and support each other. Family relationships are close and individual members within a family have a sense of emotional well-being

I hope this helps you.
1. So, it never occurred to you that a family that exists in poverty exits with indifference to the child's emotional, physical, and social well-being? Dey there dey look for ways to get around the real definition of a dysfunctional family. undecided

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by God1000(m): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So, it never occurred to you that a family that exists in poverty exits with indifference to the child's emotional, physical, and social well-being? Dey there dey look for ways to get around the real definition of a dysfunctional family. undecided
cheesy like I said earlier, laziness is also part of it, I will never agree with you on this

I've seen young women riding tricycles and doing other tedious jobs in order to survive.

It's all poor parenting and laziness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
â– like I said earlier, laziness is also part of it, I will never agree with you on this
â–  I've seen young women riding tricycles and doing other tedious jobs.
â–  It's all poor parenting and laziness
1. Many of those raised in situations of abject poverty are probably more hardworking than you can ever imagine.

2. Have you actually bought some of them one of these tricycles to have them refuse them as a result of laziness? undecided

3. Let me ask you a simple question. Do all children of the rich who go on to live rich lives away from prostitution do so because they were raised better than all the prostitutes many of whom come from poor dysfunctional homes? Are all rich kids who don't end up in prostitution simply more hardworking than the kids from poor homes who end up in it? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Memes On The Trending Sex Doll / Mention One Habit You Can't Tolerate In Your Relationship / How Can A Broke Guy Start Toasting A Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.