Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria (40475 Views)

Campus Prostitution Not So Bad(reasons) / Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women / Tinder Prostitution: A Tax Free Billion Dollar Industry In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by God1000(m): 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Many of those raised in situations of abject poverty are probably more hardworking than you can ever imagine.

2. Have you actually bought some of them one of these tricycles to have them refuse them as a result of laziness? undecided

3. Let me ask you a simple question. Do all children of the rich who go on to live rich lives away from prostitution do so because they were raised better than all the prostitutes many of whom come from poor dysfunctional homes? Are all rich kids who don't end up in prostitution simply more hardworking than the kids from poor homes who end up in it? undecided
Nice questions

This is where discipline and value system comes in.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
■ Nice questions. This is where discipline and value system comes in.
1. Yet interestingly you didn't answer any of the questions. undecided
Kobojunkie:
3. Let me ask you a simple question. Do all children of the rich who go on to live rich lives away from prostitution do so because they were raised better than all the prostitutes many of whom come from poor dysfunctional homes? Are all rich kids who don't end up in prostitution simply more hardworking than the kids from poor homes who end up in it? undecided
Am I to at least take it that you believe children raised by the rich have better upbringings as a whole than kids from poor homes then? undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2023
GeneralShepherd:
One of the greatest mysteries I see on nairaland is how people will immediately put blame on individuals (aka the girls) over examining if our society is responsible for this increasing trend. Over the last 30 years, the cost of studying has sky rocketed , whereas real income adjusted for inflation has fallen. Many of these young girls are from families that can barely make ends meet, hence they resort to prostitution. Majority of women who are prostitutes are desperate. Overwhelming, it has been studied and proven that poverty drives prostitution
Thank you! undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
victorVIC1:
■ The level of moral decadence is on the increase. Unfortunately, the economy is not making it any easier. There are cases where parents do not even support their children in the University financially.
Cases? In a country where poverty is reported to have hit over 90%, how many of these parents who breed like rats in poverty can do any such? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Shey you dey whine me ni grin
Go there and see for yourself
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2023
nony43:

Haaaaaa really?
Yes
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
GeneralShepherd:
■ By your logic, majority of Nigerians should not have children. Again the nairaland philosophy, do not question the society that has buried majority of her citizens in poverty, blame the impoverished citizens for having children
1. How do you question society without questioning the behavior of individuals who make up the society? In a society where over 90% of the people exist below the poverty line, how can you get away from questioning the behavior of raising children in the dysfunctional condition that is poverty? undecided

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
QuinModah:
■ This is a lame excuse. It's greed
Wrong! undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
Preshieben:
■ Well... As a slim fine girl back in school, I had these 3 sugar daddies that contributed to everything I wanted Academically and otherwise while I gave them back to back via Akwa ibom girl wey I be.. Meanwhile, I never disturbed my parents for shi-shi cos I knew they had two of my siblings too in school.. Presently, I'm okay and earning money myself smiley
I've seen girls who claimed to be decent and holy from a broke home drop out of school.... In essence, girls should be allowed to do whatever they can to help themselves please. Times are hard
1. I honestly don't blame the kids because it is the fault of the parents in my opinion. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
Abyounghammed:
■ As a wise individual, they should atleast go and learn a skill and seek the favor of god from there, not everyone should be in school, they can get educated as a skill worker if not in school, don't u agree
1. Learn a skill for what? The millions of graduates out there with so many skills who remain stuck in unemployment are what? Eejits who didn't learn a skill? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by God1000(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Yet interestingly you didn't answer any of the questions. undecided
Am I to at least take it that you believe children raised by the rich have better upbringings as a whole than kids from poor homes then? undecided

No I don't believe that children raised by the rich have better upbringing than kids from poor homes

Poverty is a factor, but it shouldn't be the main reason for anyone from poor and broken homes to indulge in prostitution.

We live in an era where every young person wants to use the latest phone in town and wear expensive clothes, so they corrupt each other, we should look deeper into this problem and see what motivates people into such lifestyle.

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
God1000:
■ No I don't believe that children raised by the rich have better upbringing than kids from poor homes
■ Poverty is a factor, but it shouldn't be the main reason for anyone from poor and broken homes to indulge in prostitution. We live in an era where every young person wants to use the latest phone in town and wear expensive clothes, so they corrupt each other, we should look deeper into this problem and see what motivates people into such lifestyle.
1. Then why do you present them in this as though they do? undecided

2. We exist in a severely materialistic world so it makes no sense to bring kids into this world suggesting that kids should somehow not consider the materialistic things in the world as having value. They can grow up to make that choice for themselves as adults eventually but to pretend that denying them material things is the way to go is wickedness, particularly when many of the same material things are necessary to help add value to their existence in some way or form. So, when kids from these dysfunctional backgrounds go on to desire the latest and are willing to do anything to get it, know that the problem didn't begin with them. undecided

However, again, not all young people who go into prostitution do so in order to get their hands at the lastest and greatest. The majority of them do so because it is the door readily available to help them have their needs and wants taken care of and nothing more. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
meobizy:
■ Sha, this is Nairaland. Here na the headquarters of discussing issues without resolve. After this thread everyone will move on with life in three hours.
1. Please feel free to throw out an idea of what Nairalanders can in fact do to help curb the problem of poverty in the Nation or help keep girls from choosing prostitution. undecided
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 7:35am On Mar 24, 2023
QuinModah:

https://www.nairaland.com/1839798/campus-prostitution-growing-concern-nigeria

Some Nigerians and their obsession over OTHER PEOPLE’S sex lives (and life in general)…SMH angry
>
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by IyaTola: 8:40am On Mar 24, 2023
grin
9jaRealist:

Some Nigerians and their obsession over OTHER PEOPLE’S sex lives (and life in general)…SMH angry
>
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2023
undecided
9jaRealist:

>
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2023
wink
God1000:
Nice questions

This is where discipline and value system comes in.
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 1:44pm On Apr 07, 2023
shocked
Gboom:
The menace "Campus Prostitution" is as old as when University education began in Nigeria. Social media just exposed more of it.
I was in the company of my guys on campus in 1995, when I saw a girl that I know negotiating with a man and I said see hustle and the man (her client) answered and said do you want to hustle too
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 8:35am On Feb 15
smiley
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nice piece of write up I must really say.....

It's only a parent who hasn't paid his/her wards an impromptu visit in his/her school will sit at the comfort of his/ her home and say -"My pikin no dey do anyhow for school" grin

Na the same ONOME wey dey wear gown for house go school,less than one month,she don begin to dey wear bumshots grin. Na wa
Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Sonnobax15(m): 9:33am On Feb 15
QuinModah:
smiley
angry. Baby girl,are a soldier for real?

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 2:27pm On Feb 15
Sonnobax15:
angry. Baby girl,are a soldier for real?
That's for me to know and fo you to find out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Military Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander / She Made Me A Laughing Stock Today..... Am So Ashamed / Victoria Kimani: I Have Not Had Sex Since 2017, Now I Feel Like A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.