Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

In Search Of Long Lost Dad - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Search Of Long Lost Dad (63128 Views)

Chinedu Okeke: This SA Man Is Searching For His Long Lost Family From Abia / In Search Of Long Lost Dad / In Search Of Long Lost Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoliteActivist: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2023
ycat:
Oponu, you are still stumbling on this topic.
Must you die in someone else's story?

Stumbling ke, you are the one stumbling na, after saying goodbye and all, here you are, still stumbling! Oponu!
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Blackpowers101: 10:17am On Mar 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Did you read this part:

44:15 It is man's fuel for burning; some of it he takes and warms himself, he kindles a fire and bakes bread. But he also fashions a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it.

44:16 Half of the wood he burns in the fire; over it he prepares his meal, he roasts his meat and eats his fill. He also warms himself and says, 'Ah! I am warm; I see the fire.'

44:17 From the rest he makes a god, his idol; he bows down to it and worships. He prays to it and says, 'Save me; you are my god.'
Just call me an idle worshiper. Just one question for you, Don't you know that there are spiritual powers?
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoliteActivist: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2023
Blackpowers101:
Just call me an idle worshiper. Just one question for you, Don't you know that there are spiritual powers?

And from everything you know, which "spiritual power" is the highest? Let's look at history. India was a country about 20 times the size of UK (Pakistan was part of India). India is a country full of spiritual powers.
The only spiritual power UK had was a gun. Yet tiny UK subjugated, colonized, and ruled India for decades till they VOLUNTARILY left! Not only that, they were AT THE SAME TIME defeating and rulling Kingdom of Benin and all their fearsome spiritual powers, and kingdom of Opobo, and countless other kingdoms in Africa, each with unbelievable "spiritual powers". The spiritual power they used to do all that? A dane gun!
(Not even machine gun o!)

Another thing, our forefathers gave the missionaries evil forest land to use for their churches, expecting our "spiritual powers" will kill them off. Nothing happened to them. They thrived in the evil forest and eventually took over everything and took our "gods" to Europe for museum exhibitions!
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Blackpowers101: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

And from everything you know, which "spiritual power" is the highest? Let's look at history. India was a country about 20 times the size of UK (Pakistan was part of India). India is a country full of spiritual powers.
The only spiritual power UK had was a gun. Yet tiny UK subjugated, colonized, and ruled India for decades till they VOLUNTARILY left! Not only that, they were AT THE SAME TIME defeating and rulling Kingdom of Benin and all their fearsome spiritual powers, and kingdom of Opobo, and countless other kingdoms in Africa, each with unbelievable "spiritual powers". The spiritual power they used to do all that? A dane gun!

Another thing, our forefathers gave the missionaries evil forest land to use for their churches, expecting our "spiritual powers" will kill them off. Nothing happened to them. They thrived in the evil forest and eventually took over everything and took our "gods" to Europe for museum exhibitions!
your writeups always makes me laugh. It wasn't funny for them as well, and not every juju they were able to lay their hands on.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoliteActivist: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2023
Blackpowers101:
your writeups always makes me laugh. It wasn't funny for them as well, and not every juju they were able to lay their hands on.

Yes, it would be quite funny if it didn't have serious real-life consequences. You'd think Africa and India would learn, but noo, they doubled down on the same "spiritual powers" that had totally failed them in the past. Result is that today India and Africa are two of the most impoverished, miserable places on earth!
China on the other has no spiritual anything whatsoever, not even religion, how are they doing??
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Blackpowers101: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Yes, it would be quite funny if it didn't have serious real-life consequences. You'd think Africa and India would learn, but noo, they doubled down on the same "spiritual powers" that had totally failed them in the past. Result is that today India and Africa are two of the most impoverished, miserable places on earth!
China on the other has no spiritual anything whatsoever, not even religion, how are they doing??
Now you want me to believe in your Jesus?
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Oh my brother! In fact you will never fall in Jesus name
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2023
Blackpowers101:

1 John
5:12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

John
3:16 'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.'
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoliteActivist: 11:39am On Mar 27, 2023
Blackpowers101:

Use your own common sense and believe in what has a track record of working, in what has been proven again and again to work - with testimonies all over the place (even if you don't understand exactly how it works). Not keep on believing like mumu in something which has been proven again and again to always fail when it truly matters!
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoliteActivist: 11:42am On Mar 27, 2023
Yedidea:

Oh my brother! In fact you will never fall in Jesus name

Amen!
A name that has been proven to be powerful beyond measure - and it wasn't even His real name! All we know is, IT WORKS!
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
My mom did mention of Owerri today where she believes my Dad comes from

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Amazing Photos Of Grown Nigerian Quintuplets & Quadruplets

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.