Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

In Search Of Long Lost Dad - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Search Of Long Lost Dad (63121 Views)

Chinedu Okeke: This SA Man Is Searching For His Long Lost Family From Abia / In Search Of Long Lost Dad / In Search Of Long Lost Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by basty: 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by OmonnakOdapig: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
I'm Solomon an Ibgo from my father's side,and my mom is a Ghanaian, My mom took me from Nigeria to Ghana ( UNAWARE ) of my father as I was a baby so I have never seen my own biological father ever since Born, and I have tried all humanly possible means to find him but not avail, my mom have declined to tell me every Truth about my father, after all my pressure on her to tell me where my dad is until now no good answer from her, but I'm desperately want to see my dad.

The only information I have about Him is- my mom told me that His name is Paul Peter She said she has forgotten the sir name of my Dad, and she has also forgot the Nigeria state my dad comes from , My Dad was then a mechanical engineer in Lagos in assembling excavators ect..there was a pictures proofing that but she seized it, and she failed to tell me.

The Company name, I have my father's very old picture with me, posted with my mom, I'm now at age but I sincerely want everyone who will come across my massage join the searching help till I find my real family, my mom name is Grace , that was the name my Dad was aware of.

Please my precious reader help me found my dad and my home back in Nigeria, this is my Ghanaian number for call and WhatsApp -+233553121901 , God bless you and your family for helping me Amen.
Your Father might even be dead. Life expectancy these days is something else.Hurry up and look for him. Dont take life for granted. Some of us lost our fathers to cold hands of death at barely 52yo. Get your mother to Vomit all details she knows about the man who.impregnated her now that She is still here with you and you can still see her. TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED❗❗❗❗❗❗❗. I lost a relative who was barely 40yo to cold hands of death. Omo Quickly now that you can still see ya mummy as a Living, Talking & Breathing Mummy, Get the hiiden photos.snap them . Return it to base before she finds out. Go through her documemts when she is not around. Snap as much as you can. Ask relatives to presure her to speak up. Also ask around her relatives they may know one or two things about ur father.
Even if he is deasd, at least you know his family.and your cousins/ relatives. Omo serious Gobe for you, if your mother crosses to great beyond and all you know is that your Father is Peter Paul.
Wtf is Peter Paul? . Not even a Surname/ Family Surname . Omo.😱
If u have Exact Name of Company he worked( plus former address), Make it Public and you might be lucky to find a colleague who worked there, or children of a colleague who worked there, or owners of the company( incase it might have even folded up/no longer in existence ), you should be able to get ur Daddy's Surname .

P. S.
Growing up, l recall fondly how an industrial site close to my home over 20years ago, late 1990s/ Early 2000s was the address of LIMCA drink in my city . And cocacola bottling company. You cannot see the drink Limca to buy today. Closest drink you can get is Sprite/7up. The particular branch closed to my childhood home folded up and workers were laid off. Going to that address today, 2023, The land was bought by new owners and Another Company is located there at exactly that same address.

You see why its important to get your mom to vomit everything// every detail she knows right now. So you can move faster. 17years plus is a long time. Companies can fold up. That place might even be a shopping mall now and only few old people still around might remember an engineering firm once stood there talkless of tracing workers/colleagues who once worked there in a probably defunct company. Who Knows??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by 9jagobetta: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Hmmm
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Jomonix: 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

How do you expect his mother to tell him that his father is in prison serving a life sentence for a violent crime ?

Think.

Nah OSU the papa be oh.

Nothing difficult in saying that. The only complication is when she lies about her pregnancy.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PrinzEleju: 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
Likely to be a product of incest. Many of them are there claiming another father when in truth, it was their mother's brother, uncle, nephew and the likes who impregnated them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by brain54(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
Pretty not much information to work with…

In helping you find your father. I wish you the best in your search though!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Flamezreal(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
Thank you so much my confidence Is high that with your help and sharing I will settinly going to find him, my wasap number is +233553121901 , I have asked Allot of questions and the little I had was , she said they met at a place called odwara or something like that, and he later took her to a new place which she said can't remember, and regarding to my dad work place ,,,, she said the company was on the four in and out high road toward a town called ibadan high way , but it was not ibadan town it's self and as you are heading to ibadan high way your right side there was a big construction company with a big fenced wall around it and there was a gate or it entrance on the road side, there was overhead pedestrian to cross from other side of the road to the right side where the company located, she went on saying right after you enter the company gate then time there was a catering or eating place at right after you enter the main company, and she said at the other side left where my dad was working as assembling department,of the company, but yet no company name , no town name and no sir name,
going by this your description. This nearest/closest towns' name you mentioned is Igboora town in Oyo state. What your mother is probably holding back is his native name. you can just lay hold on that, you'll have headways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by wahalawahala: 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
sisisioge:

Right behind you! Azzzz!
gbenu oshi esoun!

4 Likes

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by pocohantas(f): 1:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
I doubt your mum knows the man well.
Comes off like a hit and run situation that was handled poorly… Some people date for years without knowing their partners state of origin, let alone local government. You’ll be amazed.

5 Likes

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by LagosG: 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
Jomonix:

Your mother knows your father and he's is probably not the man in the picture. But she sure knows your father. This is what happens when a woman from beginning is not honest about who got her pregnant. Going back to the truth is a hell of a task. She would rather die than admit the truth. I am talking from experience
Maybe him finding his father will unearth the truth about his mother's doings in Nigeria at the time but let me just keep my mouth shut.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by emerged01(m): 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
Clairvoyancy:
I feel your pain OP, your mother still remains the sure plug to locate your dad, look for an elderly man she respects, and tell him to ask her for more relevant information you need to find your dad.

BTW, have you ask her why she doesn't want you to meet him, it might be for your own good, she knows what you don't know, so persuade her very well and ask her, but if she gives you no tangible reply or a questionable answer(cos women would tell any form of lie against a man they hates), then never relent in the quest to find your dad. You and your dad got much semblance

mods abeg make una help this young man push go front page for larger view.
I respect woman for all their sacrifices. They sacrifice alot in raising us. There is nothing that can be compared to the love of a mother,as it is priceless,it is also dangerous. Sometimes It blinds children's eyes from seeing what is good for them. sometime it is selfish of mothers not wanting to let go off a Male child when he is time to leave in order to live for himself.
Once a guy is 18yrs,he should love and care for his mother but he should be mindful of the way he proves his love for her. I am saying this because I was once in OP's situation.
Dont say "it is might be for Op's own good that she is keeping his father away from him". Op,he is a man now,he needs to know him. All he needs from his mother is the truth and the truth will guide him in dealing with his dad if found.
I pray op find his dad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by TheChameleon: 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
I really pray you see your Dad. You guys do your mouth in the same way.

I dont know why your Mum is being so rigid. You deserve to know your Father regardless of his character.

So sad that an innocent boy was deprived of fatherhood for whatever reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by millionaireman: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
I met another Ghana man who is also searching for his dad whom he said must have come from Enugu or Anambra state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by wany(f): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2023
Staywithbina:

My man ,you re taking this very likely and it means you don't understand women , probably the person u think is your dad ,is really not your dad and she doesn't want to unravel the past ,like I said ,u re taking it likely ,if it's me ,my mother will provide those details either by fire or force whether she likes it or not or she will have to face the consequences to it ..Sha maybe u re not serious about it because if it's going to be the last thing I will do ,am going to do it ,some people don't understand the pain and stigma attached to living especially as a male child without ones real family ,those faces that look like yours ..abeg ur mother lucky sha
The young man is not you that wakes up his parents with a kick as good morning or beat up his mother when there is no food in the House.you can tell the mother raise him well take a look at his write up, from your write up one can tell the kind of home you come from.and if it was you when you eventually find your dad you will kill him cause raising your fist to your mum is dopamine undecided
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by samuelson06(m): 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
I'm Solomon an Ibgo from my father's side,and my mom is a Ghanaian, My mom took me from Nigeria to Ghana ( UNAWARE ) of my father as I was a baby so I have never seen my own biological father ever since Born, and I have tried all humanly possible means to find him but not avail, my mom have declined to tell me every Truth about my father, after all my pressure on her to tell me where my dad is until now no good answer from her, but I'm desperately want to see my dad.

The only information I have about Him is- my mom told me that His name is Paul Peter She said she has forgotten the sir name of my Dad, and she has also forgot the Nigeria state my dad comes from , My Dad was then a mechanical engineer in Lagos in assembling excavators ect..there was a pictures proofing that but she seized it, and she failed to tell me.

The Company name, I have my father's very old picture with me, posted with my mom, I'm now at age but I sincerely want everyone who will come across my massage join the searching help till I find my real family, my mom name is Grace , that was the name my Dad was aware of.

Please my precious reader help me found my dad and my home back in Nigeria, this is my Ghanaian number for call and WhatsApp -+233553121901 , God bless you and your family for helping me Amen.

Why are you keen to meeting the man? You think you'll be better as a Nigerian than as a Ghanaian? I'll suggest you stick to Ghana. At least, there's sufficient power supply there and you are better off a Ghanaian. Don't listen to the hype bro. Hang in there as a Ghanaian.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by cejaypriesty(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
ChiefJusticeFuc:

How do you expect his mother to tell him that his father is in prison serving a life sentence for a violent crime ?

Think.

Nah OSU the papa be oh.
It seems you are in prison with his dad typing this, that sums up why you came up with this narrative. Why not tell the young man the prison you are typing from to help him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Bfly: 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
It looks like he is owing you some things. I hope you find him.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by hectorayo: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
I pray you find him soonest
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by laivwire(m): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
Paul peter sounds like a rapidly made up name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Perewenkle1: 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
Could she have murdered him and ran away with the child? That could be one reason she doesn’t want to open up because opening up will lead to been arrested.

Anyways, I wish you good luck with your search, again, like many have said, be careful to visit anyone who claims to have your answer, make sure you don’t visit Nigeria alone and report to police and your consulate where you are going while in the country and make sure whoever you came to see is aware.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by membranus: 1:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
Thank you so much my confidence Is high that with your help and sharing I will settinly going to find him, my wasap number is +233553121901 , I have asked Allot of questions and the little I had was , she said they met at a place called odwara or something like that, and he later took her to a new place which she said can't remember, and regarding to my dad work place ,,,, she said the company was on the four in and out high road toward a town called ibadan high way , but it was not ibadan town it's self and as you are heading to ibadan high way your right side there was a big construction company with a big fenced wall around it and there was a gate or it entrance on the road side, there was overhead pedestrian to cross from other side of the road to the right side where the company located, she went on saying right after you enter the company gate then time there was a catering or eating place at right after you enter the main company, and she said at the other side left where my dad was working as assembling department,of the company, but yet no company name , no town name and no sir name,

From all the information you released here, there is a high possibility that your mother met your father in a Yoruba village called IFEWARA, near ILE IFE Town. There is a big highway linking Ile Ife town with IBADAN City, and along the highway are many companies with big compounds.
Nevertheless your details concerning your mother's relationship with your father is still too vague. You still need to pump her for more information, especially about his true name and his tribe. If not, it may be difficult to trace your father. Unless somebody recognise his picture on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by eminikansoso(m): 1:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
sisisioge:

Which responsible father would leave a child for at least 18yrs without searching him out? To show you how easy it is to find people if you're interested, biko tell me your full name and give me a month to do flex finding, I will dig you out. If you want to kill it, give me you email and phone no, I will find you before you finish a bowl of garri. The father is obviously deadbeat! The mother did all the work and justly unwilling to share the glory. I can wager you that OP will be regally disappointed with his findings eventually. Not every man whose sperm contribute to a fetus creation is a father! It is well.
By their names, we shall know them.
SISISIOGE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by DarlingtonC: 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
sisisioge:
Hmmmm...the curiosity of human beings. We will always want to know where we came from. If only your mom understands this....

Anyways, for her to have opted to raise you all by herself baring the cost all alone, your dad must have been one heck of a deadbeat father! Why hasn't he tried to find you all this while? Even though she crossed to Ghana, did she change her name? I for instance only need to know someone's surname to find them on facebook even if they do not have a facebook account....a cousin or any other relative will surely have an account! Hmmm....anyways, she alone can help you find him but brace yourself to be disappointed when you eventually find him. You mother tried though....it is not easy raising a child alone, I just wish she hadn't been too uptight about his info.
Hi Sweet, you can't just conclude the dad was a dead beat.

What if it was the man who severed all ties because the woman was cheating or something we don't even know. One thing is certain, the woman is trying to hide something. No woman wants to see her child suffer like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by tiswell(m): 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
sisisioge:

Which responsible father would leave a child for at least 18yrs without searching him out? To show you how easy it is to find people if you're interested, biko tell me your full name and give me a month to do flex finding, I will dig you out. If you want to kill it, give me you email and phone no, I will find you before you finish a bowl of garri. The father is obviously deadbeat! The mother did all the work and justly unwilling to share the glory. I can wager you that OP will be regally disappointed with his findings eventually. Not every man whose sperm contribute to a fetus creation is a father! It is well.
trash from a depressed evening newspaper.
Always waiting for any slightest chance to vent their frustrations on men.

overzealous self righteous lots!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Emaprince: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
sisisioge:

This is absolute trash.

But I get it...women will always excuse themselves of any wrong doing and pin the blame on the man.

No sense of responsibility whatsoever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by LaconicINC: 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
OP, you are looking for your dad but murdered English in the process, why na?

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by wizdooarchy3(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
this is always the end results of testing all openings :Dthis is always the end results of testing all openings

op naso one politician (from North) come tress one man near my area and if u see am na copy and paste. for over 22yrs oooohhhh
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Emaprince: 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Hi Sweet, you can't just conclude the dad was a dead beat.

What if it was the man who severed all ties because the woman was cheating or something we don't even know. One thing is certain, the woman is trying to hide something. No woman wants to see her child suffer like that
Have anyone ever thought of the fact that the son probably doesn't belong to the man and the man found out..which led to him abandoning both the woman and her son.

She will def keep it to herself and never reveal it to any one. That's women for you.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Actuarydeji(m): 1:44pm On Mar 25, 2023
Some women are very devilish, why is she still holding on to the past? Why!!!! If God gave some people to be His deputy, omo dey go show all of us shege.
Clairvoyancy:
I feel your pain OP, your mother still remains the sure plug to locate your dad, look for an elderly man she respects, and tell him to ask her for more relevant information you need to find your dad.

BTW, have you ask her why she doesn't want you to meet him, it might be for your own good, she knows what you don't know, so persuade her very well and ask her, but if she gives you no tangible reply or a questionable answer(cos women would tell any form of lie against a man they hates), then never relent in the quest to find your dad. You and your dad got much semblance

mods abeg make una help this young man push go front page for larger view.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by lifenajeje(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
Hi it's painful ...

I have a friend who does not know his dad he would be hitting 60 in four years time ...

U have little information to help but let me try my best ..

Let's start with the name

Am guessing ur parents met during the Nigerian civil war ..

An igbo man won't answer Paul peter during that period ..

Ur dad being from igbo extraction so as to save himself changed his original name to Paul peter claiming he is from Ghana . Having ur mother a Ghanian by his side makes it proper.

My Grand father changed his name to Edward Major .. he processed his papers at the Ghanian Embassy cos he had friends

That was how he stayed in Lagos during the civil war ..

Still guessing ur father after the war must have hurt ur mum despite she all the did for him to conceal his identity by following other women etc ..

Ur mother got heart broken and vowed he would Neva see u again then relocated back to her country ..

Or ur mum hurt ur dad and he decided he does not want to see her again ..

I strongly believe what I said transpired so pls let me know ur age for my opinion to stand correct ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Birth Of Our Baby Girl Realtime Updates / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.