Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings (6328 Views)

More Facts About Tinubu’s Drug Proceeds Forfeiture By Reno Omokri / Full And Unredacted Case File Of Tinubu's Drug Money Seizure - David Hundeyin / The Most Surprising Thing About Abba Kyari Drug Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Brendaniel: 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
So I have been hearing different versions of Tinubu's drug case in the U.S and was curious to know why LP decided to petition him on that case to get him disqualified.

I had to look for the document to read for myself and I found it, I had to read the entire 58 pages to know what exactly happened, so In other not to bore anyone with a long write up, I will try and summarize the entire story.

Please note that this is the testimony that was written in the document by Kevin Moss tendered to the court in the course of his investigation.

Here we go:

A big drug burst was embarked on by the FBI, DEA and other security Agencies in the United states, an undercover agent who posed as a drug dealer was able to nab one of the kingpin who wasn't a Nigerian, the kingpin entered a plea deal to give information about his other kingpins.

These other kingpins were Nigerians and the same undercover agent posed again as a drug dealer and arrested these kingpins, during the course of investigation on them was where Tinubu's name was mentioned.

Tinubu's Investigation Starts

Since the other kingpins were in their net already with evidence of drug dealings, Kevin Moss wanted to know who Tinubu was and his involvement with these Kingpins. So I will list Kevin Moss' findings as much as I can remember now.

1. Tinubu's interaction with these kingpins in the United States started from 1988 and it may have been earlier than that in Nigeria.

2. Tinubu received funds from these kingpins in hundreds of thousands of dollars at various occasions.

3. Tinubu spent from the monies sent from these kingpins at various times, He bought different brand new latest cars at different times from these monies with his wife.

4. Tinubu listed his wife(Remi Tinubu) as a house wife who was not working but was spending and receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars even when his salary was only 2400 dollars a month meaning there was no contribution of any sort of business from his wife.

5. The company he worked for in Nigeria was contacted by Kevin Moss and they denied ever giving Tinubu such amount of monies, in fact they said his position doesn't involve handling any cash for them though he was in the finance department and they have never given him money to deposit on their behalf.

6. Tinubu evaded paying tax on the huge amount of monies he was receiving.

7. Tinubu at some point falsified documents and address.

8. Tinubu met constantly with these kingpins at various occasions and even shared different addresses with them in various documents

9. Kevin Moss admitted in the document that he knows how the drug cartel works and the case involving Tinubu has attributes that looks exactly like one.

10. Tinubu opened various accounts he later refused claiming ownership of, even when there were deposits he made to them in hundreds of thousands of dollars.

11. Kevin Moss never met with Tinubu throughout the course of his investigation because Tinubu remained in Nigeria all through, Kevin Moss had to get Tinubu's contact from his U.S bank to call him in Nigeria.

12. Tinubu initially claimed to know the 2 Kingpins in his first conversation with Kevin Moss over the phone, but later started denying knowing them after like the 3rd time of conversation.

13. This conversations with Tinubu were for a period of about a year or more.

14. Documents found by Kevin Moss showed that Tinubu opened about about 2 investment companies that listed the 2 kingpins as Directors of the companies(They were co-owners with him in the company registration documents).....

15. The total money that was frozen in all of Tinubu's accounts were about 1.4 million dollars.

16. The court gave Tinubu chance to come and clear his name about the proceeds of the funds and why the money should not be forfeited, Tinubu did not show up.

17. Tinubu never showed evidence to the court or Kevin Moss how he got the monies except the evidence Kevin Moss had from transfers from unknown sources, from Tinubu himself and the ones from the kingpins into Tinubu's account .

18. Tinubu through his U.S lawyer then files a claim for the money using his family, his mother( Alhaja Mogaji) and one K.O Tinubu laying claims to the ownership of the monies, the case dragged a bit then both parties agreed that the one belonging to Tinubu(Since he was denying the other monies) which is about $460,000 should be forfeited and rest released to the other family members with a disclaimer that the Tinubu family cannot in the future charge the U.S or its agencies or anyone involved in the forfeiture.

19. And that is where the case ends, this is according to Kevin Moss and court documents published.

From my findings Tinubu's case is similar to Abba Kyari's case, he was supposed to be in the United states to clear himself instead he chose a plea bargain to avoid investigation and /or prosecution.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Abfinest007(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
What do u expect from a smart criminal .it very difficult to get a smart criminal. Pablo Escobar was caught but escape many times

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Africblogng: 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
People
Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by ganisucks(f): 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kikiki... πŸ˜€πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜
More will come out, if Baba refuses to play ball.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by punk4: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
How have the mighty fallen

30 Likes

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by favor914: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
Abfinest007:
What do u expect from a smart criminal .it very difficult to get a smart criminal. Pablo Escobar was caught but escape many times
No case submission. Dead before arrival.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Beremx(f): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
He's a certified drug Lord. He should come on national television and deny it. Keyamo was right when he said Tinubu shared flat with drug barons. Truth will come out las las.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by favor914: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
ganisucks:
Kikiki... πŸ˜€πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜
More will come out, if Baba refuses to play ball.
You Obidients extensively naive no be small.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by sunboy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
New findings on a closed case that has no value. Take that findings to the court, also to the US government if you wish.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by favor914: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
Beremx:
He's a certified drug Lord. He should come on national television and deny it. Keyamo was right when he said Tinubu shared flat with drug barons. Truth will come out las las.

Please you poor minded Peasant, should shut up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by bewla(m): 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
Una no go rest

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by blabulu2000: 2:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
Brendaniel:
So I have been hearing different versions of Tinubu's drug case in the U.S and was curious to know why LP decided to petition him on that case to get him disqualified.

I had to look for the document to read for myself and I found it, I had to read the entire 58 pages to know what exactly happened, so In other not to bore anyone with a long write up, I will try and summarize the entire story.

Please note that this is the testimony that was written in the document by Kevin Moss tendered to the court in the course of his investigation.

Here we go:

A big drug burst was embarked on by the FBI, DEA and other security Agencies in the United states, an undercover agent who posed as a drug dealer was able to nab one of the kingpin who wasn't a Nigerian, the kingpin entered a plea deal to give information about his other kingpins.

These other kingpins were Nigerians and the same undercover agent posed again as a drug dealer and arrested these kingpins, during the course of investigation on them was where Tinubu's name was mentioned.

Since the other kingpins were in their net already with evidence of drug dealings, Kevin Moss wanted to know who Tinubu was and his involvement with these Kingpins. So I will list Kevin Moss' findings as much as I can remember now.

1. Tinubu's interaction with these kingpins in the United States started from 1988 and it may have been earlier than that in Nigeria.

2. Tinubu received funds from these kingpins in hundreds of thousands of dollars at various occasions.

3. Tinubu spent from the monies sent from these kingpins at various times, He bought different brand new latest cars at different times from these monies with his wife.

4. Tinubu listed his wife(Remi Tinubu) as a house wife who was not working but was spending and receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars even when his salary was only 2400 dollars a month meaning there was no contribution of any sort of business from his wife.

5. The company he worked for in Nigeria was contacted by Kevin Moss and they denied ever giving Tinubu such amount of monies, in fact they said his position doesn't involve handling any cash for them though he was in the finance department and they have never given him money to deposit on their behalf.

8. Tinubu met constantly with these kingpins at various occasions and even shared different addresses with them in various documents

9. Kevin Moss admitted in the document that he knows how the drug cartel works and the case involving Tinubu has attributes that looks exactly like one.

10. Tinubu opened various accounts he later refused claiming ownership of, even when there were deposits he made to them in hundreds of thousands of dollars.

11. Kevin Moss never met with Tinubu throughout the course of his investigation because Tinubu remained in Nigeria all through, Kevin Moss had to get Tinubu's contact from his U.S bank to call him in Nigeria.

12. Tinubu initially claimed to know the 2 Kingpins in his first conversation with Kevin Moss over the phone, but later started denying knowing them after like the 3rd time of conversation.

14. Documents found by Kevin Moss showed that Tinubu opened about about 2 investment companies that listed the 2 kingpins as Directors of the companies.

15. The total money that was frozen in all of Tinubu's accounts were about 1.4 million dollars.

16. The court gave Tinubu chance to come and clear his name about the proceeds of the funds and why the money should not be forfeited, Tinubu did not show up.

17. Tinubu never showed evidence to the court or Kevin Moss how he got the monies except the evidence Kevin Moss had from transfers from unknown sources, from Tinubu himself and the ones from the kingpins into Tinubu's account .

18. Tinubu through his U.S lawyer then files a claim for the money using his family, his mother( Alhaja Mogaji) and one K.O Tinubu laying claims to the ownership of the monies, the case dragged a bit then both parties agreed that the one belonging to Tinubu(Since he was denying the other monies) which is about $460,000 should be forfeited and rest released to the other family members with a disclaimer that the Tinubu family cannot in the future charge the U.S or its agencies or anyone involved in the forfeiture.

19. And that is where the case ends, this is according to Kevin Moss and court documents published.

From my findings Tinubu's case is similar to Abba Kyari's case, he was supposed to be in the United states to clear himself instead he chose a plea bargain to avoid investigation and /or prosecution.

And this is according to your interpretation of the court documents

Keep.labouring in vain

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by blabulu2000: 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
This is according to your interpretation of the court documents....and you cannot be a judge and jury in your own case....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Brendaniel: 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
blabulu2000:

Keep.labouring in vain

Not interpretation, from the documents, it is there in the documents...

8 Likes

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by favor914: 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
blabulu2000:
This is according to your interpretation of the court documents....and you cannot be a judge and jury in your own case....
No case whatsoever even, worse than a blind man chasing his shadow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Gondonu: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
And this is the criminal INEC foisted on this nation.

12 Likes

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by ganisucks(f): 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
favor914:
You Obidients extensively naive no be small.
Dem go so run you street.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by AgubataAkokwa: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
In order to hide his trembling and shaky shaky hands, his doctor advised him to always put up a fist, now he looks like he wants to punch everyone

grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Bashet: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
Another dumb trash.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Brendaniel: 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
Bashet:
Another dumb head

Nothing like dumb head, these are facts from available documents...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Bashet: 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

Was Tinubu convicted of any crime? You get brain so?

Typical Ipob brain head who doesn't know what an investment company means.

Tinubu offence had nothing to do with drug but investment money case. It was a civil case.

Tinubu was operating an investment company (compass investment company to be exact) where several people invested their money for a period of time to generate interest. One of the people who invested money was a criminal of course and the said money was forfeited. In fact, I loved how Tinubu later claimed some of the forfeited money as his own. No be only USA go get all the money of the arrested criminal who invested into Tinubu's compass investment company. What about Tinubu's sweat while operating the compass investment company?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Bashet: 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

Tinubu offence had nothing to do with drug but investment money case. It was a civil case.

Tinubu was operating an investment company (compass investment company to be exact) where several people invested their money for a period of time to generate interest. One of the people who invested money was a criminal of course and the said money was forfeited. In fact, I loved how Tinubu later claimed some of the forfeited money as his own. No be only USA go get all the money of the arrested criminal who invested into Tinubu's compass investment company. What about Tinubu's sweat while operating the compass investment company?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Eniitankorede: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

Here we go:

14. Documents found by Kevin Moss showed that Tinubu opened about about 2 investment companies that listed the 2 kingpins as Directors of the companies.

There is half truth in your summary. Can you tell us why the prosecution released the rest money and made them sign a disclaimer that they cannot sue the government or its agencies? Does that not indicate that they too felt vulnerable that they can be culpable in future for wrongful confiscation of legitimate funds? And on what basis did Tinubu lose some money to them? Was it on the basis on illegally obtained money or proceeds of crime? Or was it as interest paid on his money in bank? I saw that you mentioned not or evading paying interest on his funds. Was that the interest he did not pay on his funds in bank or was it proceeds of illicit activity. You clouded everything together in that final section. Answer my queries.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by TheBillyonaire: 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
Bashet:

Tinubu offence had nothing to do with drug but investment money offence. It was a civil offence.

Tinubu was operating an investment company (compass investment company to be exact) where several people invested their money for a period of time to generate interest. One of the people who invested money was a criminal of course and the said money was forfeited. In fact, I loved how Tinubu later claimed some of the forfeited money as his own. No be only USA go get all the money of the arrested criminal who invested into Tinubu's compass investment company. What about Tinubu's sweat while operating compass investment company?

Interesting....

What was he investing on ? grin

Dont tell me he was investing in Compass cool

3 Likes

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Bashet: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Interesting....

What was he investing on ? grin

Dont tell me he was investing in Compass cool

Your brain doesn't know what an investment company means? Typical Ipob brain grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by toneroforever(m): 3:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
Bashet:

Tinubu offence had nothing to do with drug but investment money offence. It was a civil offence.

Tinubu was operating an investment company (compass investment company to be exact) where several people invested their money for a period of time to generate interest. One of the people who invested money was a criminal of course and the said money was forfeited. In fact, I loved how Tinubu later claimed some of the forfeited money as his own. No be only USA go get all the money of the arrested criminal who invested into Tinubu's compass investment company. What about Tinubu's sweat while operating compass investment company?

Talking trash..... which sweat? Drug sweat

3 Likes

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by ivolt: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2023

grin grin grin
You clearly don't understand how the US Justice department works.
If there is any concrete evidence against a suspect who is nowhere to be found,
an arrest warrant will be issued. They will pursue extradition if that is what it takes
to bring a suspect to justice.

They don't ask nicely or beg suspects to come and "clear their name", that is something
obtainable only in backward countries.

While the money found in Tinubu's account was from questionable sources, he remained
a free man because they cannot prove his direct involvement in the busted drug operations.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by descartes400: 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
I was expecting you (OP) will provide the link to the entire 58 pages documents so that we can read for our selves...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by descartes400: 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Eniitankorede:

There is half truth in your summary. Can you tell us why the prosecution released the rest money and made them sign a disclaimer that they cannot sue the government or its agencies? Does that not indicate that they too felt vulnerable that they can be culpable in future for wrongful confiscation of legitimate funds? And on what basis did Tinubu lose some money to them? Was it on the basis on illegally obtained money or proceeds of crime? Or was it as interest paid on his money in bank? I saw that you mentioned not or evading paying interest on his funds. Was that the interest he did not pay on his funds in bank or was it proceeds of illicit activity. You clouded everything together in that final section. Answer my queries.

Valid questions!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by SWATMan: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2023
blabulu2000:

Keep.labouring in vain

What he posted was right. If you want to read the whole stuff I can send you the linkπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ But people like you would still argue after reading the whole story. It quite unfortunate that sometimes certain things we did as youngsters can catch up with us at old age.

1 Like

Re: Quick Facts From Tinubu's Drug Case In The U.S According To Kevin Moss' Findings by Bashet: 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
toneroforever:

Talking trash..... which sweat? Drug sweat
typical ipob brain. Dumb brain who doesn't know what an investment company means.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Spend N1.6trn On Generators Annually / 40 Prisoners Freed In Katsina / A MUST READ : Predictions For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.