Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke (2659 Views)

How Ladies Give My Fiancé 'Green Light' In My Presence, Not Minding My Ring / My Fiancé Disregards Me, How Do I Handle This? / My Fiancé’s Cousin Saw Me Naked.. He Started Calling Me Sweetheart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by aysuprano(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
I don’t know if it’s an advice I need or opinion I’m confused

I’ve been dating this girl for some time now and we are planning to settle this year or the next

She’s a good girl, a perfect girl infact she ticks all the boxes except one thing

Whenever I have enough money and I give my girl money to buy beef turkey fish etc and make a good meal for us , she cooks trash that I can’t even force myself to eat it

But whenever I’m broke and I gave her money to make maybe concoction rice or spaghetti or something, that’s when you’ll see the chef in her

It’s always so sweet I’ll even be scraping the pot

It’s weird that I enjoy my woman’s food more when I’m broke

I don’t understand, I thought it should be the other way round

Today which I Sunday I gave her money to buy goat meat and make vegetables and swallow

I got disappointed as usual

I’m just tired

I don’t know what to do

Rocktation dominique farano
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
My own wahala here is why she chose to be doing wifely duties for you when you’ve not married her? Is she living with you already?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by aysuprano(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
My own wahala here is why she chose to be doing wifely duties for you when you’ve not married her? Is she living with you already?

She spends most time at my place, we are planning to get married soon
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
aysuprano:

That’s what you all keep saying, very soon it’ll be I’m planning on aborting my marriage plans for my fiancée due to so so reason. Well nobody is perfect, so overlook her weaknesses and do the right thing already.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Beebah321(f): 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2023
She no be better person be that undecided
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Ballzproblemm: 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
is obvious she dey siphon the money you plan for sumptuous .

solution:-

@guve your mom or sister the money to do it for you or better still do it yourself.
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by virginprincess(f): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
Then continue to remain broke so you can be eating delicious meals sad sad

12 Likes

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Lamanii22(f): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
Lol…. You can help buy ordering good soups outside when there is money then allow her cook when you’re broke….

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by virginprincess(f): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
aysuprano:

That is not an excuse for her to be doing wifely duties.

Honesty girls need to wiseing up,why would you be cooking for someone you aren't married to,an there see finish take dey start.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Benekkk: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2023
virginprincess:
you’ve said it all!
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by aysuprano(m): 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
virginprincess:

Honesty girls need to wiseing up,why would you be cooking for someone you aren't married to,an there see finish take dey start.

So I’ll have to wait to taste the food of the woman I’m getting married to until we are married ?

Lol , these people sha

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by aysuprano(m): 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
Lamanii22:
Lol…. You can help buy ordering good soups outside when there is money then allow her cook when you’re broke….

That’s not a permanent solution, I’m thinking I should send her to catering school or something
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Bluezy13(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
She grew up learning how to prepare low budget food and she makes the best out of it.
When extravagant, it becomes a little complicated to her and she will want to please you thereby missing out something.
Let her keep cooking with time she will adjust.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by kelspinall(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
lols,then give her moni whenever you are broke..lol,

see as two yeye gals rush am unto business wey no concern dem.... wetin concern una with the girl cooking for him...una dey ment
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by aysuprano(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
Bluezy13:
She grew up learning how to prepare low budget food and she makes the best out of it.
When extravagant, it becomes a little complicated to her and she will want to please you thereby missing out something.
Let her keep cooking with time she will adjust.

Alright boss

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by aysuprano(m): 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
kelspinall:
lols,then give her moni whenever you are broke..lol,

see as two yeye gals rush am unto business wey no concern dem.... wetin concern una with the girl cooking for him...una dey ment

I tire for their matter

See as dem just carry the thing for head

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by kelspinall(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
aysuprano:

I tire for their matter
See as dem just carry the thing for head
nonsense gals, tomorrow the complain that they're being called names
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by lecowas: 5:07am On Mar 27, 2023
Perhaps she's used to cooking food with limited resources

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Autobot05: 5:14am On Mar 27, 2023
Cook for her and tell her you're a better cook ( in a funny way sha ) ... she'll see it as a competition between you both .

If you dunno how to cook because you're a guy .. then OK tongue
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by labake1(f): 5:15am On Mar 27, 2023
Eleyi tu tu
Different kinds of relationship wahala
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Kobicove(m): 6:05am On Mar 27, 2023
labake1:
Eleyi tu tu
Different kinds of relationship wahala

The matter sef tire me grin
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Tokskob2008: 6:23am On Mar 27, 2023
aysuprano:

So I’ll have to wait to taste the food of the woman I’m getting married to until we are married ?

Lol , these people sha
You dey mind dem

I wonder when cooking is now basically a wifely duty. Same people will tell you how you must provide whatever she ask you for cos you are dating her and will forget to add the "husband duty" tag...

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by superCleanworks(m): 7:38am On Mar 27, 2023
aysuprano:

It’s weird that I enjoy my woman’s food more when I’m broke

maybe you scrape the pot out of hunger when you are broke but your tastebuds return to factory setting when money comes back.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by superCleanworks(m): 7:42am On Mar 27, 2023
Lamanii22:
how does this help her? how?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by superCleanworks(m): 7:46am On Mar 27, 2023
virginprincess:

Honesty girls need to wiseing up,why would you be cooking for someone you aren't married to, an there see finish take dey start.

yes i support you. please tell this to all your friends, even the ones that can't boil water. No cooking till marriage. Don't do anything at all for him till marriage.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Fahvvy: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2023
I've always said that "Women (in general) are INCAPABLE of giving good relationship advice and it is stupidity of the highest order for a man to take relationship advice from a woman undecided...

The comments of the females above is proof of that undecided...

IyaebeTheGreat:
overlook her weaknesses and do the right thing already.

So he should overlook something that bothers him so much so that he came to a public platform to talk about it ba? undecided...

And by "do the right thing", I'm guessing you mean "marry her" grin...

OP if you do this, you'll be faced with two options, either you stay broke and eat good meals or you be rich and risk food poisoning grin cheesy...

virginprincess:

Really?! undecided...
Take this advice OP and that girl will dump you like used tissue before you can say jack undecided...

Lamanii22:

I'm honestly wondering how this advice will solve the problem undecided...

OP...
Observe that not one of those females said anything about your girlfriend learning how to cook, NOT ONE! undecided...

In their minds, "it's not her fault" and you should be "grateful" that she's even doing "wifely duties" for a mere boyfriend grin...

For your own your good, ignore those females above grin...

My advice ...
Sit your girlfriend down and tell her EXACTLY what you've told us, don't sugarcoat nada and don't be afraid to have this conversation with her undecided...

I mean, is there even a need to get married to someone who you're not free (comfortable) having uncomfortable conversations with? undecided...

And then from her response, decide whether you want to push through with the marriage plan or you want to show down and find a solution to things undecided...

I know that no one is perfect, but everyone should know the limit of things that they can swallow (no pun intended grin)...

Some females can tolerate cheating as long as the man provides for them undecided...

Some men can tolerate anything as long as the woman has a good shape undecided...

So if this isn't something you can deal with long term without making a fuss out of it, the call it off asap and don't allow ANYONE blackmail you into a life long sentence of bad cooking...
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by ConfidentialDoc: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2023
Don't get married. Not now.

This advice above is priceless.
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Lamanii22(f): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
aysuprano:

That’s not a permanent solution, I’m thinking I should send her to catering school or something

Great idea…
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by rainmaker12(m): 1:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Cooking food is not wifey duty. If na to ask man wey never marry for money, e dey sweet for mouth.
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Lamanii22(f): 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
Fahvvy:
I've always said that "Women (in general) are INCAPABLE of giving good relationship advice and it is stupidity of the highest order for a man to take relationship advice from a woman undecided...

The comments of the females above is proof of that undecided...

So he should overlook something that bothers him so much so that he came to a public platform to talk about it ba? undecided...

And by "do the right thing", I'm guessing you mean "marry her" grin...

OP if you do this, you'll be faced with two options, either you stay broke and eat good meals or you be rich and risk food poisoning grin cheesy...

Really?! undecided...
Take this advice OP and that girl will dump you like used tissue before you can say jack undecided...

I'm honestly wondering how this advice will solve the problem undecided...

OP...
Observe that not one of those females said anything about your girlfriend learning how to cook, NOT ONE! undecided...

In their minds, "it's not her fault" and you should be "grateful" that she's even doing "wifely duties" for a mere boyfriend grin...

For your own your good, ignore those females above grin...

My advice ...
Sit your girlfriend down and tell her EXACTLY what you've told us, don't sugarcoat nada and don't be afraid to have this conversation with her undecided...

I mean, is there even a need to get married to someone who you're not free (comfortable) having uncomfortable conversations with? undecided...

And then from her response, decide whether you want to push through with the marriage plan or you want to show down and find a solution to things undecided...

I know that no one is perfect, but everyone should know the limit of things that they can swallow (no pun intended grin)...

Some females can tolerate cheating as long as the man provides for them undecided...

Some men can tolerate anything as long as the woman has a good shape undecided...

So if this isn't something you can deal with long term without making a fuss out of it, the call it off asap and don't allow ANYONE blackmail you into a life long sentence of bad cooking...

OP said she cooks better when there isn’t money, from his post the girl ticks all his boxes except from the fact that her soup isn’t sweet even when there’s fish and meat so should he break up with her cause of that? Stop talking from a point of hate on women life is not that hard….
Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by rainmaker12(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
virginprincess:

Men should wise up, why will you be giving woman you aren't married to money. Nonsense, watin dey for cooking. You come spend weekend for man house, make the man cook food for you because em never marry you..lol...coming from person wey don cook food for man before.........Nothing bad for man to cook, but don't bring that Nonsense theory

1 Like

Re: Help, My Fiancé Cooks Her Best Meal When We Are Broke by Rokiat(f): 1:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
And 10 years from now she will be asking “why hasn’t him married me yet?”

Let her continue being a good girl good on her lmao.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Masculine Qualities Women SECRETLY Love In Men / Are My Igbo Sister's That Wild? / This Bad Practice Among The Poor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.