Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi (7340 Views)

Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2011
more like 99.0%.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by EvilBrain1(m): 7:15am On Sep 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

Apples and Oranges.

Saying Ogoni land has been destroyed by oil exploration and saying 80% of Ogoni land has been destroyed by oil exploration are 2 different things.

The 80% numerical assertion implied proof of statistical facts which he obviously don't have. That was a reckless statement on his part.

Btw, this is not about ogoni land please.

Don't mind them. 73.2% of people on this thread are completely clueless! Plus it doesn't matter whether or not there is a grain of truth in what he said. He has no statistics to back it up and its a completely unhelpful statement which will only increase tribal tensions and cause violence. Amaechi has revealed himself to bw a bigot and a tribalist. In any sensible country, he'd be forced to resign after a gaffe like this. But then this isn't a sensibe country, this is Nigeria.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by fbude: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2011
Boko Haram is being sponsored and used by the Northern Political
Leaders Forum.They are trying to make the country ungovernable as
Atiku said by introducing violence to discredit Jonathan's Administration.
they are responsible for these bombing and killing in Nigeria.These are the
out come of the meeting they did in Saudi and london as regrds 2015
election.They sponsor Boko Haram.and pay the bombers in other to
destablise Jonathan's Administration Those who pay for the bombs are.
IBB,Atiku Abubarkar,Chiroma,Dambazu,BuhariAbdullahi Sarki Mukhtar,
AbdusalamiAbubakar,Umaru Ali,Yakassi The entiremembers of Arewa
consutative forum, Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF)
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by EkoIle1: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2011
ekt bear

lol

Do you really thing the governor of California fit open mouth and say "I can confidently say 80% of black folks in Chicago are are uneducated"?

Abeg lets limit this to the jungle called Nigeria, US is def' the wrong example because by now, the governor go don apologize and say den misquote am or even resign all together.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by ziccoit: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2011
fb_ude:

Boko Haram is being sponsored and used by  the Northern Political
Leaders Forum.They are  trying to make the country ungovernable as
Atiku said by introducing violence to discredit Jonathan's Administration.
they are responsible for these bombing and killing in Nigeria.These are the
out come of the meeting they did in Saudi and london as regrds 2015
election.They sponsor Boko Haram.and pay the bombers in other to
destablise Jonathan's Administration Those who pay for the bombs are.
IBB,Atiku Abubarkar,Chiroma,Dambazu,BuhariAbdullahi Sarki Mukhtar,
AbdusalamiAbubakar,Umaru Ali,Yakassi The entiremembers of Arewa
consutative forum, Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF)

Hei, Federal Bureau of ude. I hail ooo. See how the guy massacre everybody without a glint of info. kei.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by ektbear: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

ekt bear

lol

Do you really thing the governor of California fit open mouth and say "I can confidently say 80% of black folks in Chicago are are uneducated"?

Abeg lets limit this to the jungle called Nigeria, US is def' the wrong example because by now, the governor go don apologize and say den misquote am or even resign all together.

"80% of black folks in Chicago being uneducated" wouldn't lead to suicide bombing, Boko Haram, polio still not eradicated, governors meeting in Saudi Arabia plotting how to secretly retain power, etc.

In other words, poor education of blacks is not one of the root causes of America sucking as a country. If it were, then I would hope nobody shouts down said California governor.

Let us not bury our heads in the sand.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by EkoIle1: 8:25am On Sep 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

"80% of black folks in Chicago being uneducated" wouldn't lead to suicide bombing, Boko Haram, polio still not eradicated, governors meeting in Saudi Arabia plotting how to secretly retain power, etc.

In other words, poor education of blacks is not one of the root causes of America sucking as a country. If it were, then I would hope nobody shouts down said California governor.

Let us not bury our heads in the sand.

I really see where you're coming from, but the fact is, the governor lacked tact, public officials don't go around deriding segments of the population just because. That was an ignorant statement, it's like saying black people in the US are welfare collecting, chicken and watermelon eating lazies.

You can't solve any problem with such ignorant, reckless and unhelpful statements.

You're are based in the US and I'm sure you know public officials in the US resigns for less.

Besides, lack of meaningful education up north is just a slice of the BH problem, there is poverty, there is unemployment/Joblessness, there is lack of credible and caring leadership and their is also faith.

Again, that was an ignorant, simplistic, shallow, reckless and thoughtless statement.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by mitofag: 8:33am On Sep 19, 2011
^^^

Egbon mi lati Iragbiji, Eebo te n so yii ti n poju.

Se kini Fashola ni mu yi n s'eebo baun. Kini Fashola wun emi naa so that maa le ma s'eebo bi yin.

When Imma hop on it?
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by Afam4eva(m): 8:45am On Sep 19, 2011
Amaechi is just stating the obvious. Who doesn't know that majority of northern children lack good and quality education. What I have a problem with, is the fact that he put a number to it. That utterly ignorant of him because he can't back it up.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2011
i still dont get it why southeners will never like us (northern hausas). But i didnt blame them, they are born with that hatred. How i wish this nigeria is divided sef.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by nagoma(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2011
Careless statement from Amaechi
Whats the difference between Boko Haram and MEND and Bakassi Boys and Egbesu boyz and OPC ?
People should be careful what they say and how they say it.
Very crass on Amaechi's part. What a m/o-/r/on!

The so called leaders invent all sorts of excuses for their misrule and injustice. I wonder where Amaechi got his 80% from ? Who did the study and where is the analysis relating this to Boko Haram? He is just like some of the ignorant folks we have here on NL. In any case why cant he pay attention to getting his state working? That is his primary assignment.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2011
[size=16pt]80 per cent is attributed to the fact that certain children did not learn certain things when they were supposed to learn.[/size]

Headline Is Wrong
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by juman(m): 10:50am On Sep 19, 2011
if you ask me, I can confidently tell you that 80 per cent is attributed to the fact that certain children did not learn certain things when they were supposed to learn. And where does that take us to? It simply means that the greatest assets that we have and which we should pay greatest attention to are teachers at the UBEC

Probabaly more than 80%.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by ShipIt(m): 10:50am On Sep 19, 2011
This is one dumba** governor, Given his status he should not be speaking so carelessly, The illiteracy rate in the north is high but it is not up to 80% and he should not be spewing nonsense like that, Anyway, Fok anyone who disagrees with me,
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by buzcenter: 10:57am On Sep 19, 2011
you are damn rite.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by mrewe: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2011
Thank you Mr. Governor for saying out the word. The only mistake is that they are actually 97%.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by aloyemeka1: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2011
udezue:

Aloy is a compound f00l. So now Amaechi is the villain for speaking thr truth?
Gbabe
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by Orikinla(m): 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2011
I support Governor Governor Amaechi 100%.

All the northern governors and leaders exploit the ignorance of their poor masses.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by amtalkin(f): 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2011
babagy82:

i still dont get it why southeners will never like us (northern hausas). But i didnt blame them, they are born with that hatred. How i wish this nigeria is divided sef.
you guyz are curse 2 this wonderfull nation
wish u guyz were never part of this country
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by emmke(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2011
very correct. We cant also deny the fact that 85% of southerners are armed robbers, love peddlers, ritualists, kidnappers, drug traffickers. And that there are far more southerners living in the north than vice versa, despite the crises. I mean just look at them, especially the igbos, trooping the north in their ekesons, ezewantas etc, all trying to escape the sucky south, lol. Keep deluding urselves, northerners dont envy u. They are far more contented people than u greedy lot.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by emmke(m): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2011
am talkin:

you guyz are curse 2 this wonderfull nation
wish u guyz were never part of this country
yeah right. And southerners are blessing to this nation abi? With all ur ritualism, armed robbery, drugs trafficking, kidnapping, love peddling. Keep deceiving urselves.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by PointB: 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
@topic,
I dont know the percentage, but it's possible Rotimi Ameachi does, so there is no point trying to shout him down. The fact remains that if majority (above 50%) northern children had 'learn certain' things when they were supposed to, you will have fewer numbers of people of Northern extraction chanting hate message in the streets when there is crisis half way around the world. People who are in school, or who are skilled or semi-skilled would not lend themselves to an Almajiri kind of live-style. Education is a powerful weapon of self consciousness, personal freedom, and emancipation from religious bigotry and dogmas. Clearly, from happenings  in and around the North, education is lacking in huge percentage in the North. Alfred Pareto principle (80/20 rule) will lend credence to this argument.

In any case, all hope is not lost. Northern governors should copy from some of their Southern counterparts in this regard, and institute free and compulsory education in their states. Educating massively children of our Northern brethren is a matter of National security. It will help eradicate polio, reduce incidence of almajiri, poverty, militancy, and suicide bombings.

If this trend of apathy to education by the North continue, uneducated poor and migrating Northerners will the the biggest security concern for the highly educated, wealthy Southerners, in the next 20 years.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
I have never seen any group of people so contented with illiteracy like those Northerners! The Boko Haram explains it all, 'Western education is infidel'. What a better way to encourage illiteracy in the North.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by TenKobo1: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2011
I am Ten Kobo, am here to support Amaechi for this singular statement. Those who will shoot down the sky for it should start immediately.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by AndreUweh(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2011
Chibuike Amaechi should really be careful about utterances like this. When the worst happens, they only know Chibuike is Igbo and Ndigbo will suffer it. It will not matter to the core north that Chibuike calls himself a Rivers man.
Chibuike please, for the sake of Ndigbo, do not bring any issue that will bring us into conflict with the core north.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by mallorca(m): 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2011
Amechi your 100% right
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by EkoIle1: 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2011
jerseyboy:

Headline Is Wrong

Wrong about what what?

He's confident about his 80% figure because he single-handedly took pen, paper and clip board all over the northern states and counted every school age youth, then tabulated his head counts and arrived at his 80%?.

Right or wrong, we need to stop supporting lies, BS and inaccurate statements just because of sentiments.

This is how our silly leaders talk BS and lie to us, but we some of us are here reasoning with this ignorant man and his bogus figures just because the subject matter jells with some of our own ready made and packaged belief system about the north.

The man lied, period.

It was simply a dumb and foolish statement.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by generalzango(m): 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2011
ameachi, did not insult d north. But rather he knew dia 'r a bunch of illitrates in nairaland.
Was d 80./' d end of his comment?
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by EkoIle1: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2011
generalzango:

ameachi, did not insult d north. But rather he knew dia 'r a bunch of illitrates in nairaland.
Was d 80./' d end of his comment?

Was 80% not part of his comment? And do you mind telling us where he pulled the 80% lies out of while you are at it?

Obviously, the only illiterates here remains you and the lying governor.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by Costa2000(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2011
95% of Northerners are well educated, PEACE.
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by swtwale: 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
Gov amaechi is right. kudos
Re: 80% Of Northern Children Are Ignorant-- Gov Amaechi by okpurukata(f): 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2011
Please I want to state that Amechi just stated the obvious. The UNESCO report published just two months ago confirms his assertion. The issue is what are the northern stake holders doing:? Are they towing the line of the popular Wada Nas (remember him?) The minister under Abacha that promised to reduce the quest for education in the south. grin grin grin Laughter wan kill me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti LG Elections: APC Wins All 16 Chairmanship Seats / Who Is Nigeria's Most Articulate Governor / Before You Cast The Ballot By Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.