Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In (1351 Views)

Oyinbo Man Dances At A Yoruba Wedding. All Eyes On Him / 6 Major Reasons To Date A Yoruba Man / Beautiful Hausa Lady Marries A Yoruba Guy (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
The Unique, or somewhat unique Identity, can be most times, only be Understood by those in this Situation.

If one of Your parents is Yorùbá, and the other one is Say Igbo, Urhobo, Ijaw, edo, Plateau, Benue, Efik, Ibibio etc., please come in.
I'm specific for this Yoruba and Non Yoruba combination/mix, cos I realise it's a bit rare.
Rarer than I thought it would be. (I felt it would be a bit more common).

You may see an Efik and Igbo, Tiv or other SS tribes get married, but not Yoruba and Efik.
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by EastAlchemist: 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by labake1(f): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
My parents are both SW, I see myself marrying from other region/tribe. In whatever ways, understanding matters

1 Like

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Both of my parent are frm ss but different states

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
Still searching
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by ogashman(m): 10:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
Igbo and urhobo

1 Like

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2023
My dad's is Yoruba from Ilorin and late mum is from Rivers state, Ijaw

3 Likes

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 8:09am On Feb 15
ogashman:
Igbo and urhobo
Cool. But I'm focused on Yoruba and SS, SE specifically right now.
That particular, specific dynamics
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 8:12am On Feb 15
BigBlackPreek:
My dad's is Yoruba from Ilorin and late mum is from Rivers state, Ijaw
That's cool.
Would you say that two tribes had equal presence in you?
Did You feel both sides of two faraway, different tribes growing up...?
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by AmuDimpka: 8:19am On Feb 15
GreaterFuture:
The Unique, or somewhat unique Identity can be only be Understood by those in the Situation.

If one of Your parents is Yorùbá and Say Igbo or Urhobo, Ijaw, edo, Plateau, Benue, Efik, iIbibio etc. Pls come in.
I'm specific for this Yoruba and Non Yoruba, cos I realise we are very rare. You may see say Efik for example and other Igbo or Tiv or other SS tribes get married, but not Yoruba and Efik
So That somewhat very Opposite tribes & unlikely union, children From this union should come let's discuss in this Thread
why do Yoruba men always look outside to marry...is there anything wrong with marrying Yoruba ladies
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 8:21am On Feb 15
AmuDimpka:
why do Yoruba men always look outside to marry...is there anything wrong with marrying Yoruba ladies
In my/our case, reverse was the case.
Your comment is Weird, unnecessary, & f**lish.
Off point Dunderhead.

7 Likes

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by BigBlackPreek(m): 9:46am On Feb 15
GreaterFuture:

That's cool.
Would you say that two tribes had equal presence in you?
Did You feel both sides of two faraway, different tribes growing up...?
I feel both sides equally and coincidentally I was posted to Port Harcourt to for the compulsory one year national service and I felt at home, who knows if I may end up staying going back to my mother's side and work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:13pm On Feb 15
AmuDimpka:

Cause they arent tribalistic
Plus they are like the "Creme De La Creme" of guys in Nigeria... Far more attractive than the rest i guess as its easy for a Yoruba demon to attract ladies of any tribe with extreme ease

If u doubt it, check across their male celebrities, politicians and even the average Joe in most SW states

2 Likes

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by 3ice9ce: 11:11pm On Feb 15
AmuDimpka:

It is not anyone's fault that your women are ignoring you for Yoruba guys.

3 Likes

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by AmuDimpka: 2:03am On Feb 16
3ice9ce:

It is not anyone's fault that your women are ignoring you for Yoruba guys.
it's the men that chase the women...it must be that Yoruba women are too nasty or something that makes people detest them ..

Even non Yoruba rarely marry them

In the next 10 years half Yorubas will be kings in Yoruba land

2 Likes

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 8:12am On Mar 09
BigBlackPreek:
I feel both sides equally and coincidentally I was posted to Port Harcourt to for the compulsory one year national service and I felt at home, who knows if I may end up staying going back to my mother's side and work
I think you tick many boxes for the people I want in the thread, and the new group Coming soon.
You connect with what I've been aiming for & the Kind of people I'm looking for.
Thank you. Nice to hear your comments and have you here. Solid 👍🏽
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by stunnert(m): 6:27am On Mar 11
My dad is from delta while mumsi is from ekiti state. Families always giving me that half caste look so quit attending all family meetings and outings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by Goodlady(f): 9:30am On Mar 11
AmuDimpka:
it's the men that chase the women...it must be that Yoruba women are too nasty or something that makes people detest them ..

Even non Yoruba rarely marry them

In the next 10 years half Yorubas will be kings in Yoruba land
You v been here trying to detail this thread. Are you cursed?
If not so you care for one?
I ll lay curse on you and you ll be miserable for the rest of this week.
If dem born you well, write trash here again.
And my eyes 👀 are on you on this site!
Do anyhow and receive hot slaps from sisters in your hood!

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 10:07am On Apr 27
stunnert:
My dad is from delta while mumsi is from ekiti state. Families always giving me that half caste look so quit attending all family meetings and outings
You connect heavily to some of the matters that made me open this thread. You will definitely appreciate and want to be in the group in the future.
Thank you for commenting. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by Nazgul: 10:17am On Apr 27
Igbo and Yourba marriage are the most common than other tribe. Go to any Pentecostal church in the SW, if there are 20 young couples who married outside yourba land, at least 60% would be to Igbos.

In my church, I can point over 15 yourba/Igbo marriages. What I don't understand is why they just allowed greedy politicians ruin the understanding both tribes had with each other.
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by GreaterFuture(m): 6:21pm On Apr 28
AmuDimpka:
why es
Edit your comment now, or you will be banned
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by Madups(m): 8:38pm On Apr 28
EmperorCaesar:

Cause they arent tribalistic
Plus they are like the "Creme De La Creme" of guys in Nigeria... Far more attractive than the rest i guess as its easy for a Yoruba demon to attract ladies of any tribe with extreme ease

If u doubt it, check across their male celebrities, politicians and even the average Joe in most SW states
oga this your asertion is very far from the truth.
Re: You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In by santaclaws: 11:18pm On Apr 29
AmuDimpka:

Naah, it's women from South South and South East who are chasing Yoruba men and dragging them with Yoruba women.

Yoruba men look better, are more educated and make better lovers. . . Also, the Yoruba culture doesn't discriminate in terms of marriage like Igbo culture.

(1) (Reply)

Am Far From Where She Stay! / Guys! / Sexual Fantasies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.