Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson (5113 Views)

Bad Fuel: Buhari Didn’t Order Query Of NMDPRA Head – Vanguard / Adulterated Fuel: Buhari Angry, Orders Query Of NMDPRA Head / Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by RockHard: 9:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
The suspended National Publicity Secretary of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Jare Ajayi, has disclosed the group never gave him and the suspended National Organising Secretary, Abagun Omololu, a chance to react to the allegations levelled against them by the leaders of the group.

In his response, on Tuesday, Ajayi decried the action taken by the group, adding that it failed to stand by its ethos and regulations.

“I, and to the best of my knowledge, Abagun Kole Omololu, the National Organising Secretary, were never issued a query let alone be asked to face any disciplinary committee. It is a big pity that an organization founded on principles and that is guided by ethos and regulations could take seeming disciplinary actions against any member – not to talk of officials – without giving them an opportunity to respond to whatever allegations the leaders have against them.”

He linked his suspension to two recent occassions he had issued press statements which some senior members of the group did not agree with, Vanguard reports.

He mentioned the two releases to include naira cash scarcity affecting the nation and a congratulatory message to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu.

“In the heat of the sufferings being experienced by Nigerians in accessing their monies in the banks, I called on the federal government and the Central Bank of Nigeria to extend the deadline for the circulation of both the old and the new Naira notes by at least three months. This was early in February before the pronouncement by the Supreme Court. A top officer of Afenifere called me to say that what I asked the government to do was not the position of the organization. I asked him what the position was, the senior officer told me that the position will be stated after a meeting that was being contemplated. I said that people were suffering hence the statement I issued. And thereafter, the position of the organization on the issue was never made known to me.

“The second occasion was when some members called me to express their displeasure over the statement issued to congratulate the President-elect, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, after his electoral victory. Those who called me said that since Mr. Peter Obi and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar were still contesting Asiwaju’s victory, it was wrong to congratulate him,.” he said.

The PUNCH reports that the duo were suspended indefinitely over alleged misconduct.

According to the communique issued at the end of the Afenifere meeting held at the residence of the leader of the group, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, at Isanya Ogbo Ogun State on Tuesday, the group “observed the uncouth activities and unauthorised statements in its name and to the constant denigration of the organisation, by Jare Ajayi, the National Publicity Secretary and Abagun Kole Omololu the National Organising Committee.”

https://punchng.com/afenifere-never-issued-us-query-of-allegation-says-suspended-spokesperson/

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Nzogbu2012: 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ayo Adebanjo the deceiver...

May you go to your grave with sorrow if you don't protect the interests of the Yoruba people by supporting Bola Tinubu...

24 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by FreeStuffsNG: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2023
When you see how very bad Pa Adebanjo has derailed, you will appreciate that prayer of "Ki ale sanwa ju owuro lo."

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by MrColdsweat: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Nzogbu2012:

May you go to your grave with sorrow if you don't protect the interests of the Yoruba people by supporting Bola Tinubu...
No true yarriba will insult his elders.
You must be omo ale.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by alanto: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by alanto: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
Pa Ayo Adebanjo behaving like generalissimo of Yoruland.. His cup is fulling

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by bennybuhari: 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2023
Yinka Odumakin we know
Who Is Jare Ajayi?

6 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Naira20: 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
And you think your wish can affect Pa Ayo?

Tinubu is on his own and will NEVER rule Nigeria.

The earlier you know this, the better for you

Nzogbu2012:

10 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Willy7(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
When I hear and see people say stolen mandate, stolen mandate. We will recover our stolen mandate, I just get confused. Who told you that a mandate was stolen? What is Mandate? Mandate has to do with the will of the people, and we know who still has the mandate of the people. Tinubu is not with the mandate of the people, he is with the certificate of return issued to him by Mahmood Yakubu.
Peter Obi still has the people's mandate and you can see it even in the streets. Tinubu does not have a mandate but he will be mandated to return the certificate he took via bribery. BTW, what's with Tinubu and certificate issues? No wonder he defended Buhari during the certificate issue, saying even if it's NEPA certificate Buhari must be president. Now we can see where it led us.
Peter Obi won the 25th election and should be given his certificate of return,at least he has verifiable certificates from primary school to university.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Nzogbu2012: 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2023
MrColdsweat:

No true Arriba will insult his elders.
You must be omo ale.

How many of your elders are being insulted daily..by you ...... ....keep.deceiving yourself.....

Ayo Adebanjo has lost his tribal identity so he will go to his grace with sorrow and tears ...He betrayed Awilowo ....in the past and he came again as wanting to betray the entire Yoruba nation....may his gray hair enter the grave in sorrow

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Brendaniel: 12:09am On Mar 30, 2023
Nzogbu2012:

So a Yoruba man cannot protect the interest of Yorubas without supporting Bola Tinubu?

back to the topic

The topic and the content are very misleading, The leaders of Afenifere suspended you both for attacking Iwuayanwu, here you are talking about query, CBN and Tinubu, what a misleading content and response

Question

Didn't they suspend you guys?

Was it not because of ethnic issue you guys got suspended?

Like I said earlier on, these are people who place tribe over rational reasoning...

8 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Nzogbu2012: 12:21am On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:

So a Yoruba man cannot protect the interest of Yorubas without supporting Bola Tinubu?

back to the topic

The topic and the content are very misleading, The leaders of Afenifere suspended you both for attacking Iwuayanwu, here you are talking about query, CBN and Tinubu, what a misleading content and response

Question

Didn't they suspend you guys?

Was it not because of ethnic issue you guys got suspended?

Like I said earlier on, these are people who place tribe over rational reasoning...

Meaningless comments

Opoonu

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Nzogbu2012: 12:25am On Mar 30, 2023
Naira20:

I'm not bothered by your senseless comments...because ipob people said more than this before the presidential election but Tinubu was given certificate of return...and Obi is resuming to court every monday.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Penguin2: 1:26am On Mar 30, 2023
But were you authorized to issue the statement you issued on Afenifere’s behalf or not?

Who gave you the order if you are not a saboteur?

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by windofchange: 8:06am On Mar 30, 2023
q

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by BentizilL: 8:07am On Mar 30, 2023
S
Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by naija4life247: 8:07am On Mar 30, 2023
Rno concern is. Emilokan Tinubu has dissolved Afenifebi since

16 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:07am On Mar 30, 2023
Ok seen.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Emmastan291: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2023
Ayo Adebanjo is a good man...
God bless Afenifere

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by BentizilL: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2023
MrColdsweat:

You must be omo ale.
No true Omoluabi will say yarriba, you must be one of those failure from the 5 percent region.. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by mannobi(m): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2023
In the next four years, I see chief adebanjo being disgraced out of the group for derailing from the groups ethos. He can not be claiming to be a yoruba leader yet be admiring insults on the yorubas. The man is respectfully agbalagba omoale

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Lashist(m): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
When you see how very bad Pa Adebanjo has derailed, you will appreciate that prayer of "Ki ale sanwa ju owuro lo."
Lol..He derailed bcus he didn't support a drug lord and wants unity...face your useless referral business. You know nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Obaofaba: 8:16am On Mar 30, 2023
They must purge themselves of bad eggs...

Modified:

Adebanjo will end up like bode George.

Too bitter fella

17 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Goodlady(f): 8:17am On Mar 30, 2023
What's wrong with this group naa?
They should STFU!
I don't taje any group that's divided serious again.
They need to be reformed as speak in union.
Naira20:

You aren't God.
He ll rule.
MrColdsweat:

You must be omo ale.
Ayo Adebanjo own too much make I no lie.

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Fearyourcreator: 8:18am On Mar 30, 2023
Willy7:
When I hear and see people say stolen mandate, stolen mandate. We will recover our stolen mandate, I just get confused. Who told you that a mandate was stolen? What is Mandate? Mandate has to do with the will of the people, and we know who still has the mandate of the people. Tinubu is not with the mandate of the people, he is with the certificate of return issued to him by Mahmood Yakubu.
Peter Obi still has the people's mandate and you can see it even in the streets. Tinubu does not have a mandate but he will be mandated to return the certificate he took via bribery. BTW, what's with Tinubu and certificate issues? No wonder he defended Buhari during the certificate issue, saying even if it's NEPA certificate Buhari must be president. Now we can see where it led us.
Peter Obi won the 25th election and should be given his certificate of return,at least he has verifiable certificates from primary school to university.
Ori e ti buru... Go collect am... Ashiere!... Who sabi OBI for north ... If not for Lagos who sabi am him papa for southwest ... You forget say many people sef vote wey no too dey use internet ... And many youth wey vote and celebrity na trend them dey follow no be say many of them get sense... OBI ko orogbo ni... Even PDP noise no reach like this wey placed second...make the certificate for him on your computer na... Una just dey make noise everywhere na must make e be Obi... North and and many southwestern state no vote am...

9 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by DetectivSabinus: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2023
It is well...
Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by caution001: 8:23am On Mar 30, 2023
I don't really like NAIRALAND this days.. Some people like abusing people even without getting right information about it.. it's really not good..

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by RichDad1(m): 8:28am On Mar 30, 2023
Afenifere is a group of sell out.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson by Essence20(m): 8:38am On Mar 30, 2023
Good riddance...you're not deserving to be a member of Afanifere. Go and join your fellow corn-fused tribal bigots in worshipping your drug Baron god.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Robbers Raid Residence Of Youth Corps Members In Ogun / Fg Rolls Out Plan For Rail Network Service / Boko Haram Is Not Against Nigerian Society - Yuguda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.