Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,514 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume (13013 Views)

Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati / An Analysis Of Labour Party's Performance In 2023 Election / We Are Tired Of Open Grazing — Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Kingsmeal: 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power— APC’s Sen. Ndume

A lawmaker representing Borno South Senatorial District in the 9th National Assembly, Ali Ndume says the performance of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 general elections showed that youths and the middle class are getting tired of the older generation who have been in government for decades.

Ndume, who was a guest on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, also said LP’s performance at the just-concluded elections surpassed his expectations.

Asked if the outcome of the polls fitted his expectations, Ndume said, “Yeah, but there were surprises in some places – Lagos, (and the) South-East. The performance of LP actually is above my expectation."

Ndume, the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Army, has been in the National Assembly for 20 years. The chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) said he never thought that the flag bearer of the Labour Party, Peter Obi could get over six million votes at the poll over a months ago.

Asked that he never thought that Peter Obi could pull such strings, Ndume said, “Yeah, even in the general elections all over, especially. He (Obi) had six million votes.

“It goes to tell something that people don’t talk about: and that is to say that the signs are out there that the middle income group or social group and the youths are getting tired of the – do I even include myself? — upper level: people in their 70s and 80s who have been in the corridors of power since they were in their 30s.”

At the February 25 poll, APC’s Bola Tinubu, 70, came out tops in 12 of Nigeria’s 36 states, and secured significant numbers in several other states to claim the highest number of votes — 8,794,726, almost two million votes more than his closest rival — former Vice President Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Atiku, 76, who has now run for president six times, got 6,984,520 votes, while the LP candidate (Obi), who, in less than a year, galvanised young voters in a manner some have described as unprecedented finished the race with 6,101,533.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/04/02/lps-performance-showed-youths-are-tired-of-those-in-power-apcs-ndume/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Kingsmeal: 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
Confession time!

This goes to show that Peter Obi won the election and the recent Propaganda launch on Obi is not ordinary.

229 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Gbogbowa: 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
Pls tell them we are tired of them

118 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Mirrabel00: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2023
Never give up

Contact me for your Academic assignment thesis, proposal presentations e.t.c available for any field of writing just Whatsapp me

7 Likes

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Mystic216: 12:09am On Apr 03, 2023
Confession time

Remain TINUBU and Yakubu to make their own confessions and bring back our mandate

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Betanaija42moro: 12:44am On Apr 03, 2023
Very tired, party of propaganda and lies.
I pity Nigerians that are going to suffer again under Tinubu

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by OriOko88(m): 12:49am On Apr 03, 2023
Na so. He's right. But obi should have Stayed in PDP. He just wasted northern Christian votes for nothing. I pity them in anticipation of what will befall them in d hands of jihadist if tinubu gets sworn in.

Northern Christians better pray Tinubu won't be another inept buhari.

Greedy Obi really put gaari for my PDP and ridicule we Christians undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by slivertongue: 1:43am On Apr 03, 2023
NIGERIANS are tired the disaster called APC

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by slivertongue: 1:45am On Apr 03, 2023
youths and the middle class are getting tired of the older generation who have been in government for decades.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:06am On Apr 03, 2023
OriOko88:
Na so. He's right. But obi should have Stayed in PDP. He just wasted northern Christian votes for nothing. I pity them in anticipation of what will befall them in d hands of jihadist if tinubu gets sworn in.

Stayed in Pdp to do what exactly

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by SpartaOfLagos: 7:33am On Apr 03, 2023
Effort

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by PureMe01: 7:33am On Apr 03, 2023
OriOko88:

Same you who said Obi leaving PDP is inconsequential after Una don use moni pursue am comot, disobeying the zoning agreement.
That he won't win more than Anambra.
That Obi won't see more than 1million votes. Then all of a sudden,same Obi won Lagos Abuja Nassarawa,got chunk of votes in Kaduna and co even without giving shishi.

U wey spend 500bil with rigging no still get anything.

Atiku should have stepped down for Obi
Obi be Una daddy

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Penguin2: 7:41am On Apr 03, 2023
Them don dey bow for the result.

Meanwhile, 6 million is INEC manipulated figure. If Obi is given his actual figures, you would be electrocuted sir, not shocked.

Tinubu and his BATstards know this, that’s why they are going on a propaganda overdrive against Obi.

Ndi ala!

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by PHIPEX(m): 7:44am On Apr 03, 2023
Obi won the election and the APC knows it. Why do you think all their attention is now on Obi? They know whom they robbed

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by SHINJACRUSADER: 7:48am On Apr 03, 2023
Only enemies of the state hate obi..

Anyway God bless Southsouth and Southwest

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest..

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Dreal1247: 8:00am On Apr 03, 2023
OBI WON THE ELECTION. YAKUBU SOLD IT TO TINUBU. WHY ARE THEY DOING EVERYTHING TO DISCOURAGE OBI FROM PURSUING AND CLAIMING BACK HIS MANDATE.
HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THAT THOSE THAT FIGHT AGAINST OBI ENDS UP HAVING PROBLEM? THE SOLD OR STOLEN MANDATE MUST BE RETRIEVED AND BE RESTORED TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:02am On Apr 03, 2023
Obi won the election, the real results would come out at the courts.Obi won Rivers and Benue according to Irev and Inec announced it for apc

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Tofax: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2023
I want someone to explain this to me like I am a child.
In a country of Christians and Muslims, someone chose to run a Muslim-Muslim ticket thereby raising a middle finger to Christians but the one that chose a Christian-Muslim is the bigot?
@Nobsdaslushhkid

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by mactoni91(m): 8:09am On Apr 03, 2023
Not only youth...

Everyone is tired.

Some of those supporting APC were supporting them for their selfish interest.

I know 3 Tinubu supporters that has relocated into the UK within the span of 3 weeks

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by adecz: 8:09am On Apr 03, 2023
Say It Loud❗️❗️🗣️🗣️🗣️

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Elimseducate: 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
The youths are tired
Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
Kingsmeal:
Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power— APC’s Sen. Ndume

Ndume said, “Yeah, but there were surprises in some places – Lagos, (and the) South-East. The performance of LP actually is above my expectation."

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/04/02/lps-performance-showed-youths-are-tired-of-those-in-power-apcs-ndume/
The people clearly spoke

They made their choices known

For the first time the Northerners threw their full weight/support behind a southerner

Obi clearly won the election!!!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by nairalanda1(m): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
OriOko88:

Yes, if the votes of LP and NNPP had gone to PDP, APC would have been out.

At the end, the election was between APC and PDP...except that PDP was divided into 4 factions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by SenatePresdo(m): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
Every common citizen of Nigeria is tired of PDAPC.

That why APC always want things to go Tribal and Religious, because they know that's what the average black brain can buy easily without questioning the price.

Even if the devil wants to contest in Nigeria, let him just say he's from SW, he will just sweep their votes.

When Antichrist comes, he shouldn't try to convince anybody to take the mark of the beast.

Let him just say, I'm a Yoruba, Jesus Christ is an Igbo man.

Vooom!! Na so all Yoruba people go take collect mark of the beast, so that they will pepper Nyamiris grin

What a people!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Creamypie(m): 8:10am On Apr 03, 2023
Even with APC rigging l.p take 35 percent of released votes rigged against l.p

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by ATEAMS: 8:11am On Apr 03, 2023
Indeed
Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by juman(m): 8:11am On Apr 03, 2023
Labour party supporters are mainly pdp supporters. They voted for labour party instead of pdp.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by patrickcollins: 8:11am On Apr 03, 2023
OriOko88:

Pity yourself and your village people leave Northern Christians alone, they survived Buhari's 8 years.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by ogododo: 8:11am On Apr 03, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Okokobioko, dem no se dem don run Naija badly.
Re: Labour Party's Performance Showed Youths Are Tired Of Those In Power - Ndume by Sunnyski: 8:12am On Apr 03, 2023
I am tired and I'm retiring to a better country and when I go, I swear I am never coming back.

When my parents are gone the dead will bury their dead.

Nigeria was a mistake for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Call EFCC To Order, Nigeria Not Lawless Country – Yahaya Bello Media Office / Iara Oshiomhole Visits An Orphanage In Edo State - Photos / On The Verge Of Collapse, 13 Gencos Drag FG To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.