Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,504 members, 7,861,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:26 PM

Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State (45023 Views)

Wike Commissions The New Rivers State University Campus / Wike Commissions Gunboats Built By Abitto Global In Rivers (Photos) / Governor Wike Commissions Ogbum-nu-abali Fruit Garden Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by daywatcher: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by donforeign: 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
Phantom233:
Well-done meanwhile Udom emmanuel collected several hundreds of billions but could only manage to build just one after 8yrs of massive looting, posterity will judge. grin
what are they doing with all the looted funds.. it's pathetic
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by sixtuso(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
GeneralPula:
Meanwhile, Ikpeazu spent almost 8years to complete 1 single fly-over..

Yet pandora rodents would be screaming Wike’s political career is dead because he flogged their 3rd class acute failure, agent of division & discrimination
Ikpeazu completed his own and it's working but Mrs Ugwuanyi could not complete any
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by kinibigdeal(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2023
Phantom233:
Well-done meanwhile Udom emmanuel collected several hundreds of billions but could only manage to build just one after 8yrs of massive looting, posterity will judge. grin

Udom projects in terms of rating are better. Not building fly overs. Go and verify the kind of an projects Udom is commissioning. Is it because the man is not calling musicians?

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by anyination: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
Shame to ifeanyi ugwuanyi the governor of enugu state...

EFCC should not spare this man at all..
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by Zendinho(m): 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
[quote author=press9jatv post=122312520] Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State did extremely well in road infrastructures too. Building flyovers in all the 3 senatorial district too. Go to Akwa Ibom State and see things for yourself

Mr man stop saying and writing what you know nothing about.

Apart from the IKOT OKU IKONO fly over which your udom built for almost eight years in uyo can you mention the other ones in other senatorial district as you rightly put on? angry
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by GeneralPula: 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
sixtuso:
Ikpeazu completed his own and it's working but Mrs Ugwuanyi could not complete any
Too bad
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by splashbaby(m): 7:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
highchief1:
I wish igbos have sense but they don’t bro.works don’t lie.Obi is one of the worst govs south east has produced he is in the league of Ikpeazu.what Nigerians love about him I’m yet to see.
They know but their clannishness and quest for power won't let them see beyond their nose.
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by Awwache: 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2023
BrotherShade:
😎

South South and South East Governors are trying in terms of infrastructure and development 👍 I give it to them, they are too much 💪.

Meanwhile, Tinubu must return that stolen Mandate whether he likes it or not. If he likes let him run to another Planet, that stolen Mandate must be given to the rightful owner 😎
who be Tinubu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by TUTU147: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
Na God Almighty go judge all the governors ever rule delta state.
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by lereinter(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
Another song will be released
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by stickle(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Meanwhile umiah commissioned 16 flyovers , best state owned airport in Nigeria
Biggest mall in Nigeria
New government house
New university
New stadium
New teaching hospital
New market
Far too many roads to list

With less than 15% of wike revenue without borrowing

This is massive and impressive. Congratulations to Ebonyi people, I pray that the incoming governor will surpass this
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by AwkaFinest: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

https://www.nairaland.com/7015909/iyere-flyover-umahi-inspects-construction

Name one wike flyover than comes close to the one here ...I dare you

You said 17. Please give us the names and pictures of Umahi's 17 flyovers.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by Bigseven(m): 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2023
While in Jos we are yet to commission one fa. Balance of life is things No. gaskya
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by GeneralPula: 7:59pm On Apr 05, 2023
SLOVFO:

Why are you guys so scared of Peter Obi? No single breaking news without Obi taking the pride of place.
No one is scared of Obi bro..

Politics is all about the game of interest & numbers. Obi doesn’t have the numbers. He doesn’t have the people of interest. People that can make things happen..

But as you can see, Umahi is different. He’s in a party with solid structure. He’s with people who knows the road. He can get the numbers that Obi can never get. And lastly, he’s sellable cuz he has track records. We can use his track records to campaign for him which will surely help..

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by obembet(f): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Biggest mall in Nigeria
New government house
New university
New stadium
New teaching hospital
New market

That man deserve to be president. I don't know why South East don't support themselves
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by lereinter(m): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
Phantom233:

Nigerians

You are judging the performance of a governor by building of flyover

Have you checked the cost, bidding, structural integrity, who got the contract, is it really needed, how are other sectors faring
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Biggest mall in Nigeria
New government house
New university
New stadium
New teaching hospital
New market

one Flyover built by Julius berger in Rivers can build 8 flyovers in Ebonyi, have you also told them that most of the Flyover overs in Ebonyi are already sealed for maintenance? Especially those along anuebonyi by sperindo, go and check the finishing of the flyovers in Ebonyi, so poor, I'm in Abakaliki now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by viodemus: 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
wike is doing 20% with the budget, then putting thugs on payroll with 40%, then e is keeping the rest, using it to do long throat or pay for party clout.

The other governors are doing less than 10% with the budget.

So if you zoom out, wike seems like he is doing alot, but he didn't. He is a one eye wey get apollo, in the midst of blind people.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by Jossibest(m): 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
No governor or president will near you wen it come to development
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by AwkaFinest: 8:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
2RUTHHURTS:
one Flyover built by Julius berger in Rivers can build 8 flyovers in Ebonyi, have you also told them that most of the Flyover overs in Ebonyi are already sealed for maintenance? Especially those along anuebonyi by sperindo,

Allow him to be deceiving the gullible ones. He feels we are not in this same Ebonyi.
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by sparko1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
mrvitalis:

Obi is not your regular governor

I am sure you were still in primary school when he was governor, I didn't ask you for graph, send me online article of his achivements in 2012.

Let me give you an example
This was his blueprint when he got his mandate in 2007
Highlights of this blueprint as published on-line by This Day newspaper of Tuesday, May 02, 2006 are presented below: -
• Massive improvement in the states Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
• Restoring quality and functional education across board.
• Institution of overseas scholarship for indigenes of the state to study Medicine, Engineering and Financial Management.
• Recruitment of Chinese farmers (within 3 months from April 2006) to kick-start the state’s cassava revolution.
• Massive construction of roads across the state.
• Construction of boreholes in 44 selected towns yearly from May 2006.
• Rehabilitation of water schemes in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi.
• Massive clean up, reconstruction and urbanisation of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi via the establishment of Urban Development Councils (UDC).
• Establishment of 20 industries before March 2010.
• Reconstruction of all buildings and infrastructure damaged by the Andy Uba sponsored November 10-12, 2004 mayhem by May 2007.

How many of this did he accomplish before he left office, none ZERO

Look at a newspaper publication for 2010

“To improve the revenue of his government via massive improvement in Internally Generated Revenue (IGR)” is a massive flop as evidenced by the states over dependence on federal allocation. Again no publication anywhere to date has shown any increase in IGR. A visit to the states slapdash website under the caption “Summary of Achievements” attests to this fact.

Rudimentary trading and not sound education has been Governor Obi’s stock in trade so his swank on: “Restoring quality and functional education across board” was a mere paper exercise for a visit to his old school, Christ the King College (CKC), Onitsha and other schools in the state such as Boys High School, Nnobi, Community Secondary School, Obosi, Girls Secondary School, Ukpor to name a few, show a failed education system in Anambra state.

The Anambra State University of Science and Technology, Uli is a laughing stock to say the least. The vice chancellor was in the news some months ago pleading for money to buy a generator; to provide electricity for a university of science and technology. How can science and technology be taught without electricity? Yet Governor Obi’s administration is spending millions of naira building sports complexes, stock exchange buildings and other white elephants. Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe is not even accessible by road, more especially during the raining season. But most importantly, Governor Obi during his campaign, vowed to educate his children in the state should he be voted to power: to show his commitment in restoring quality and functional education. The education that is good for his children. Today his children are been educated in the UK whilst ‘other people’s children’ are being educated in his failed schools, what hypocrisy?

Another swank of Governor Obi in that blueprint of his was: Institution of overseas scholarship for indigenes of the state to study medicine, engineering and financial management and recruitment of Chinese farmers (within 3 months from April 2006) to kick-start the state’s cassava revolution. To date no indigene of the state has been awarded the said scholarship and there are no Chinese farmers anywhere in Anambra state kick starting his cassava revolution. The only Chinese in the state are his fellow traders found in Onitsha main market and Nkwo Nnewi trading in contrabands and fake products imported from China and to the detriment of sustainable employment by the indigenes of the state due to lack suitable industries to employ them.

Governor Obi’s promise in his blueprint: “To provide indigenes of the state portable drinking water this 21st Century” via construction of bore holes in 44 towns across the state yearly and rehabilitation of water schemes in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi are in shambles. He has failed woefully to deliver on this promise. Taps in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi are still dry, whilst the promised bore holes that should have been sunk in all the towns by now are nowhere to be found. Again readers are invited to visit the states website under Projects to verify this fact besides the situation on the ground. My hometown, Ukpor, a local government headquarters cannot boast of any Governor Obi sunk borehole despite huge amount of federal revenue allocated to the local government that Governor Obi has failed to account for despite repeated calls by my people. Democracy indeed.

He has reneged on his pledge in the said blueprint: “To clean up, reconstruct and urbanise Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi via establishment of Urban Development Councils (UDC).” Firstly the UDC’s has not been established and secondly the principal towns of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi remain an eyesore. Infact Onitsha is in a position to vie for the dirtiest and most disorganised town in Nigeria whilst Awka remains the most under developed state capital in Nigeria. Nnewi fares no better – please visit Bank Road, Nnewi amongst other roads in the town.

In the said blueprint, Governor Obi promised to: “Ensure the establishment of twenty industries before March 2010. This is one of the reasons that in my rejoinder to his blueprint, I described the contents of the blueprint as “Borne out of analogue reasoning in a digital age.” For this pledge is impossible. To date he has not established a single industry and March 2010 is around the corner.

The buildings and infrastructure destroyed by the Andy Uba sponsored November 10-12, 2004 mayhem that Governor Obi promised to reconstruct by May 2007 are still as they are: destroyed.

From the above analysis of Governor Obi’s blueprint, it is quite obvious that his government has failed irrespective of the rhetoric’s his PR machinery spews out daily. The situation on the ground speaks for itself. His, is a failed government, period. The indigenes of Anambra state deserve better come the next four years. That better is not Governor Peter Obi.

Odenigbo Chidi Anyaeche

Before say its fake, that was written by his brother FROM ANAMBRA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by Femich18(m): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Umahi is good. I like and respect him a lot and I’m hoping Igbos can make him their political leader cuz he stands a better chance at the National’s than their current 3rd class fraud..

Igbos should not give Umahi Okorocha’s treatment. Cuz by the time ticket goes back to north and come back to south, Umahi would be among the favorites for the presidency, together with Akpabio, Osho-Baba, Wike etc. So he’s going to need the support of Igbos, otherwise, SS might just produce president again before SE..

My 1 cent..
So you still want us to continue recycling these old leaders even after 16 years from now...wow
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by drololaaof: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
tonye33:
Mgbuoba/Ozuoba (Location) Flyover newly constructed by Governor Wike will be commissioned tomorrow by Kayode Fayemi in Rivers State

Wike also hinted that the last and 12th Flyover of his administration will be commissioned by President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu this month

Weldone but what is happening to schools and roads in rural areas?
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by rummmy: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Umahi is good. I like and respect him a lot and I’m hoping Igbos can make him their political leader cuz he stands a better chance at the National’s than their current 3rd class fraud..

Igbos should not give Umahi Okorocha’s treatment. Cuz by the time ticket goes back to north and come back to south, Umahi would be among the favorites for the presidency, together with Akpabio, Osho-Baba, Wike etc. So he’s going to need the support of Igbos, otherwise, SS might just produce president again before SE..

My 1 cent..
and you are sure of tomorrow..
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by Coronavirus1: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2023
highchief1:
Okowa built one too.Lol
Obaseki did not build his arcivment is to destroy people houses send them back to Tenant
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by tesppidd: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2023
Benwallt:

Don't mind them. If Wike built a bridge that passes through his mouth and come out in his anus. They will say he didn't do anything. If had govern Anambra it would have been like Lagos
grin grin grin

What!

This one choke.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by rummmy: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2023
highchief1:
I wish igbos have sense but they don’t bro.works don’t lie.Obi is one of the worst govs south east has produced he is in the league of Ikpeazu.what Nigerians love about him I’m yet to see.
you are a compound fool for referring to igbos in this disrespectful manner..

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by mrvitalis(m): 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
sparko1:

I am sure you were still in primary school when he was governor, I didn't ask you for graph, send me online article of his achivements in 2022.

Let me give you an example
This was his blueprint when he got his mandate in 2007
Highlights of this blueprint as published on-line by This Day newspaper of Tuesday, May 02, 2006 are presented below: -
• Massive improvement in the states Internally Generated Revenue (IGR).
• Restoring quality and functional education across board.
• Institution of overseas scholarship for indigenes of the state to study Medicine, Engineering and Financial Management.
• Recruitment of Chinese farmers (within 3 months from April 2006) to kick-start the state’s cassava revolution.
• Massive construction of roads across the state.
• Construction of boreholes in 44 selected towns yearly from May 2006.
• Rehabilitation of water schemes in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi.
• Massive clean up, reconstruction and urbanisation of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi via the establishment of Urban Development Councils (UDC).
• Establishment of 20 industries before March 2010.
• Reconstruction of all buildings and infrastructure damaged by the Andy Uba sponsored November 10-12, 2004 mayhem by May 2007.

How many of this did he accomplish before he left office, none ZERO

Look at a newspaper publication for 2010

“To improve the revenue of his government via massive improvement in Internally Generated Revenue (IGR)” is a massive flop as evidenced by the states over dependence on federal allocation. Again no publication anywhere to date has shown any increase in IGR. A visit to the states slapdash website under the caption “Summary of Achievements” attests to this fact.

Rudimentary trading and not sound education has been Governor Obi’s stock in trade so his swank on: “Restoring quality and functional education across board” was a mere paper exercise for a visit to his old school, Christ the King College (CKC), Onitsha and other schools in the state such as Boys High School, Nnobi, Community Secondary School, Obosi, Girls Secondary School, Ukpor to name a few, show a failed education system in Anambra state.

The Anambra State University of Science and Technology, Uli is a laughing stock to say the least. The vice chancellor was in the news some months ago pleading for money to buy a generator; to provide electricity for a university of science and technology. How can science and technology be taught without electricity? Yet Governor Obi’s administration is spending millions of naira building sports complexes, stock exchange buildings and other white elephants. Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe is not even accessible by road, more especially during the raining season. But most importantly, Governor Obi during his campaign, vowed to educate his children in the state should he be voted to power: to show his commitment in restoring quality and functional education. The education that is good for his children. Today his children are been educated in the UK whilst ‘other people’s children’ are being educated in his failed schools, what hypocrisy?

Another swank of Governor Obi in that blueprint of his was: Institution of overseas scholarship for indigenes of the state to study medicine, engineering and financial management and recruitment of Chinese farmers (within 3 months from April 2006) to kick-start the state’s cassava revolution. To date no indigene of the state has been awarded the said scholarship and there are no Chinese farmers anywhere in Anambra state kick starting his cassava revolution. The only Chinese in the state are his fellow traders found in Onitsha main market and Nkwo Nnewi trading in contrabands and fake products imported from China and to the detriment of sustainable employment by the indigenes of the state due to lack suitable industries to employ them.

Governor Obi’s promise in his blueprint: “To provide indigenes of the state portable drinking water this 21st Century” via construction of bore holes in 44 towns across the state yearly and rehabilitation of water schemes in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi are in shambles. He has failed woefully to deliver on this promise. Taps in Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi are still dry, whilst the promised bore holes that should have been sunk in all the towns by now are nowhere to be found. Again readers are invited to visit the states website under Projects to verify this fact besides the situation on the ground. My hometown, Ukpor, a local government headquarters cannot boast of any Governor Obi sunk borehole despite huge amount of federal revenue allocated to the local government that Governor Obi has failed to account for despite repeated calls by my people. Democracy indeed.

He has reneged on his pledge in the said blueprint: “To clean up, reconstruct and urbanise Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi via establishment of Urban Development Councils (UDC).” Firstly the UDC’s has not been established and secondly the principal towns of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi remain an eyesore. Infact Onitsha is in a position to vie for the dirtiest and most disorganised town in Nigeria whilst Awka remains the most under developed state capital in Nigeria. Nnewi fares no better – please visit Bank Road, Nnewi amongst other roads in the town.

In the said blueprint, Governor Obi promised to: “Ensure the establishment of twenty industries before March 2010. This is one of the reasons that in my rejoinder to his blueprint, I described the contents of the blueprint as “Borne out of analogue reasoning in a digital age.” For this pledge is impossible. To date he has not established a single industry and March 2010 is around the corner.

The buildings and infrastructure destroyed by the Andy Uba sponsored November 10-12, 2004 mayhem that Governor Obi promised to reconstruct by May 2007 are still as they are: destroyed.

From the above analysis of Governor Obi’s blueprint, it is quite obvious that his government has failed irrespective of the rhetoric’s his PR machinery spews out daily. The situation on the ground speaks for itself. His, is a failed government, period. The indigenes of Anambra state deserve better come the next four years. That better is not Governor Peter Obi.

Odenigbo Chidi Anyaeche

Before say its fake, that was written by his brother FROM ANAMBRA

There is no need for long grammar

There is only one universal appraisal system to know the performance of a government and that's MDGs and no governor came close to obi in Nigeria

Case closed
Re: Governor Wike Commissions The 11th Flyover In Rivers State by Voiceofthestree: 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
Phantom233:

Him own good how about Obaseki 8 good years nah just 30 stree light he commission

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Infograph Of President Buhari's Sickness & APC's Inconsistencies By Fayose / Tribunal: Hitler Nwala Claims INEC Erased Presidential Election Results / Onyebuchi Emerges Ebonyi PDP Governorship Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.