Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation (31278 Views)

2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose / INEC: Tinubu, Buhari, Adeleke, Other Politicians Involved In Certificate Sagas / We Are Proud Of Fayose, Other Governors – PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by ijustdey: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
A few weeks after the February 25 presidential election, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, was enmeshed in a controversy as a phone conversation between him and Bishop David Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church, aka Winners Chapel, leaked on social media.

The leaked audio generated heated conversations with many Nigerians condemning Obi for weeping up sentiment in a multi-religious country like Nigeria.

In a viral leaked audio published by an online medium, People’s Gazette, on Saturday, Obi was heard begging Oyedepo for support. He was heard telling the Bishop to help him get votes from Christians in the South-West.

“Thank you Daddy, I need you to speak to your people in South West and Kwara, the Christians in South West and Kwara, this is a religious war,” Obi said in the leaked audio.

In a statement in the wee hours of Sunday, Kenneth Okonkwo, spokesperson for the Labour Party (LP) Presidential Campaign, confirmed the authenticity of the audio but claimed it was taken out of context by critics.

But Obi’s is just one among a couple of leaked audios involving notable politicians in Nigeria. Daily Trust takes a look at other leaked audios, especially those that are election-related.

OBANIKORO/FAYOSE’S CONVERSATION

An audio recording revealing how some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftains allegedly connived with security agencies to rig the Ekiti State eelection was released by an army officer in 2014.

At the meeting, as evidenced by the recording, the then prominent chieftains of the PDP were heard discussing strategies for rigging the 2014 Ekiti governorship election, a poll in which the party eventually won by a landslide.

But some of the actors, including Musiliu Obanikoro, a former Defence Minister, and Ayo Fayose, who defeated the incumbent governor, denied being a party to the plot to rig the election and questioned the authenticity of the recording.

Obanikoro had also threatened a court action against news organisations who had published the conversations in the audio tape.

Despite their denials, the then Minister of Police Affairs, Jelili Adesiyan, who also attended the meeting, confirmed that the tape was authentic.

He, however, disagreed with the context of the discussion, saying the meeting was never about plans to rig the Ekiti State election.

MELAYE’S DISCUSSION WITH JUDGE

Dino Melaye, former Senator representing Kogi West was also thrown into controversy when an online newspaper, Sahara Reporters, leaked his phone conversation with Justice Akon Ikpeme, the tribunal judge who handled his election case in 2015.

The media outfit later claimed that the judge in a bid to get a soft landing confessed to receiving bribe twice from Melaye because he handled the lawmaker’s cases twice.

ATIKU’S AUDIO ON CONTRACTS

Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was also caught on tape in January 2023 admitting his involvement in a complex conspiracy that for years took advantage of federal contracting expenditures.

In a viral audio shared by Atiku’s former aide, Michael Achimugu, the former vice-president was heard narrating how he took charge of setting up onshore shell businesses to serve as a conduit for syphoning significant sums from public work contracts for himself and former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Atiku also revealed how the government designated some funds stolen during the process to political allies to fund their party’s activities without traces.

“What happened was when we came into office and I advised the president against open corruption.

“I told him to give me three people you trust and I will prepare three companies in which they will be subscribers or rather the directors.

“So that if there is any contract that we give they will act like consultants and they are given a fee. That fee is what we use to fund the party,” he said in the audio.

Althought Atiku’s campaign team said the audio was doctored, the former aide who leaked it stood his ground.

FAYOSE/WIKE’S CHATS OVER RIVERS POLL

Sahara Reporters also leaked an audio of a telephone conversation between Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and his counterpart in Ekiti State, Governor Ayodele Fayose, in which both men discussed Wike’s role during the December 10, 2016 rerun of legislative elections in Rivers State.

In the leaked telephone conversation, the two governors can be heard having an excited conversation about how Wike stormed a collation center during the election.

The tone of the exchanges made it clear that Wike’s aim was to manipulate the results of the elections in favour of his candidates.

In a tone that showed how he outmanouvred the Nigerian Army, Wike declared in the conversation that, “Nigeria Army does not exist again.”

https://dailytrust.com/obi-atiku-fayose-other-notable-nigerian-politicians-involved-in-leaked-conversations/

9 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by madridguy(m): 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
The most embarrassing among them all is " Thank you daddy, Okay daddy, Amen daddy " with cracking voice like a 8 years old girl own.

Ellu Pee 77 grin

186 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Jones4190(m): 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2023
God bless jagaban

The man who dared a General (IBB)!
Escaped a General (Abacha)!
Conquered a General (OBJ)! Installed a General (PMB) and is about to succeed a General!

He is the Generalissimo! His name, Aṣíwájú Bọlá Ahmed Tinubu.

Yes, Daddy!

146 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by NwaNimo1(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
All this leaking.......make i call my plumber!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by tuoyoojo(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2023
When illegality favours some selfish people they call it "sagacity" or "grace" or "connect"

The way APC is going, you would think its pre election season

Na you claim to win, na u dey protest say dem nor congratulate you

The wicked runs when no man pursues

The more they try to rub obi with mud, the more the guy gets elevated

I missing tinubu dropping content for comedians.

When would they hand him the mic again I wan check something

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Aareakinwunmi(m): 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
Very embarrassing to listen to

11 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
go to court, nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by WhisperedNoise: 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
It's an insult placing Peter Obi among these folks.
APC keeping up their smear campaign and publicity.

You said PO should go to court. He went. Now, you're running helter-skelter. Eeya.

After the election, we've seen PO up and about.
Please where is the BAT? Is it London, Mecca or Paris? He should address the world on Live television and let's see if he doesn't blubber his way through a five minute speech. Bulaba. Blublublu. Balabluuuuuu. grin

It's been a while since I heard from ihordspy.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by thaoriginator: 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
grin

The most entertaining yet embarrassing one of them all is.....

The "Yes Daddy, Thank you Daddy!"

grin

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Basicend: 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
K
Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by shakol91(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
Drama go full this stolen mandate regime. The fight within them will consume them. gringrin Can't wait for the new episode to start

3 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Throwback: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
LPDP has always been involved with disgraceful and criminal phone conversations.

Peter Obi proved he is a typical desperate politician.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by sureboykris(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
Naija and drama

1 Like

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Tofax: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2023
APC Kashima Shettima and Kunle Amosun leaked audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgFo4SjkCz0

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by jchioma: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
cool
Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by nairalanda1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
madridguy:
The most embarrassing among them all is " Thank you daddy, Okay daddy, Amen daddy " with cracking voice like a 8 years old girl own.

Ellu Pee 72 grin

There is nothing wrong with asking for help from a religious leader to help canvass for votes.

And there is nothing wrong with calling someone daddy...especially if it is a term of respect. I probably would address Oyedepo as sir or daddy, even though I am not a member of his church, and infact disagreee with his doctrine well well, out of respect (especially as he is much much older than I am).

At the end, everyone canvasses for votes. A lot of Muslim leaders do tell their followers to vote for Muslim candidates in times past. You did not complain then, yet when a Christian does it, you are here complaining.

And no, I am no LP supporter. Yes, the tape probably shows some hypocrisy. But all in all, much ado about nothing.

25 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
Of what values are these leaked audio conversation to a common man and the current exchange rate

1 Like

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Agbadocassava: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
Any Tinubu Audio you will hear is for the betterment of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Efuaye(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
It will soon go round!
No one should complain when it's their turn!
We are about to enter an old USSR kind of government when citizens are caged and held down by fear of the powers that be
Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by WhisperedNoise: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
madridguy:

Ellu Pee 72 grin
Rest.
At least PO can make a coherent sentence without embarrassing himself with unbelievable goofs such as Balablu, gazelle garagara and roasted corn. grin grin grin

APC camp shivers when it's time for your BAT to give a public speech because you know that Twitter will roast him for his gaffes. Blublubulaba tongue tongue tongue

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by ALISMILE(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
None can be as bad as that of the pandora saint shouting thank you daddy, thank you daddy

5 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by olatunji0607: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
This is awesome!!!
Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Fatbam003: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
Thy will be done on earth oh Lord
Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by LibertyRep: 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
The question is: what happened to them after the leak?
Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Surudo119: 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
Nothing wrong with my principal leak voice call
Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by Bunnatex(m): 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
I ask myself, to what end do we play all this politics.

Are we happy to be traveling the globe looking for greener pastures when we have superior climate and other factors.

We are indeed cursed and I'm tired of all these tirade of blames and insults.

Go to Mdas, ministries, government establishments, public schools etc and you'll see the amount of impunity orchestrated there. You can't literally get anything in a government agency without bribing.

I went to immigration and paid 80k to get a passport and the annoying thing was that we were constantly addressed by a servicom staff who was supervising this cancerous corruption.

Go to our higher institutions, corruption, police will see you on the road and will be looking for a way to extort, even the military is now asking for drivers license.

We have fairly good laws and institutions but they've been overridden by corruption.

At the end there's no hope only migration to another country.

From a disappointed citizen looking for a way to leave this country.

I'M TIRED OF NIGERIA AND WISH TO LEAVE HER

4 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by zeusdgrt(m): 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2023
Funny how a party that claims to be in power and even claim to win an election still shaking and acting as opposition trying to discredit people who legally took process to take them to court and tribunal, that should tell Nigerians that election petition in court by LP and PDP is giving them headache and sleepless nights. grin yeye thread grin

3 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by victorDanladi: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
tuoyoojo:
When illegality favours some selfish people they call it "sagacity" or "grace" or "connect"

The way APC is going, you would think its pre election season

Na you claim to win, na u dey protest say dem nor congratulate you

The wicked runs when no man pursues

Trump and his supporters did more than this in 2021...yet JOE BIDEN was sworn in,despite the fact that Trump was a sitting and president and that was in advanced democracy of 200years plus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6xnZLOnRTk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by eneyoduke(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
Tinubu and INEC Consultant nko?

1 Like

Re: Obi, Atiku, Fayose, Other Notable Politicians Involved In Leaked Conversation by haabidah666: 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2023
criminals

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Refusal To Raise PDP Flag Cause Uproar In Ondo State / Between Fatima Buharis' And Zahra Buharis Wedding / 2019: Buhari Turns To Oyo In Move To Secure South-west Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.