Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,304 members, 7,853,409 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians (28040 Views)

Power Distribution: FG Gets $500 Million World Bank Loan / FG Now Paying More For Subsidy, But many Nigerians Don't Know - El-Rufai / Border Reopening: FG Gets $1.3 Billion Funding For Rail Link To Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by caye(m): 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
datola:
See motivation for FG to sharparly remove the subsidy!

World Bank should have given us the palliative directly. Though I trust they (World Bank) will monitor the implementation but we cannot trust these people after the COVID 1 9 palliative nasty experience.

You trust the combination of Jews and KKK to help you?

Many black men are really...it's over for them.

1 Like

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Gofwane(m): 6:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

We appreciate the good thoughts of the Federal Government of Nigeria for making plans for the poor people who will be most vulnerable to the crucial policy change.

Kudos to the Proactive Federal Government! It's a pleasure they didn't plan to be reactive after lessons of previous economic crises.
how much were you paid to make this post?

1 Like

Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Sharatan(m): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2023
When will these money lenders discover that all the monies they give the Nigerian government is being siphoned to politician’s personal accounts?
Let them stop borrowing these thieves money and focus on their respective countries. Nigeria has been cursed with evil, greedy, criminal-minded leaders and the cries of the masses sound like music to their ears.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by MrAgbakoReloade: 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
I want to ask this woman what happen to those covid money they were suppose to give Nigerians too. Even palliative una hide am. Abeg make may 29 do fast make una commot for Jagaban. Bunch of clueless people
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Rhozabeth(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
These peoe are just reckless with these borrowings! And the fund never gets anywhere near the poor masses!
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Goalnaldo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 05, 2023
The world is really trying for nigeria and africa in general. Just like end sars palliative, i doubt if it will enter the hand of the masses.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by occfx: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-fg-secures-800m-from-world-bank-as-palliatives-for-poor-nigerians/

We don't need any palliative, just subsidize solar panels and remove duty on batteries and solar panels simple. I want to be buying a 300w solar panel the same price as in Germany and lithium batteries the same price as in China.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Karleb(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2023
We all know how they hoard palliatives.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by udemzyudex(m): 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2023
Time for current government to cash out before incoming.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by KINGS100(m): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
COVID19 palliative comes to mind. This woman is the biggest thief under Buhari's Administration. It was in her budget that several Billions were uncovered said to be for Procurement of Military hardwares.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by EnterpriseMan: 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
Lmao, How will the poor Nigerians be categorized? $790m to the poor politicians, $10m to distribution firms that will share 90% amongs their family members grin grin grin Let them stop using in the name of helping the poor citizens to steal money pls. Build a functional refinery and refine your oil here or just don't do anything at all. Even if they give every car owner 10k, what tf is that going to do when you start filling your tank for 50k
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by aloma007(m): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
Congratulations to Nigeria and how I wish our government can value human lives and help citizens without politicking over our necessities

All these grants and loans always gets looted and greatly unfound and never traced to citizens' benevolence.

We'll get it done someday hopefully.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping to project an affordable fast coal stove into the market. When actualized, users will only need to buy the "Save9ja" stove and keep purchasing dr. Cooker (its fitted fast coal) with lasting grades at the cheapest.

I bet with my life that many will relax the fear over gas rates.

I'm in Abeokuta for whoever is willing to see me face to face and fund it either through partnership, free sponsorship, support or as an NGO. Five hundred thousand naira, (#500,000) has kept this idea under the carpet for the past three years.

The above amount will conclude its research and produce many for immediate test-running within a month and dealers will be hugely welcomed.

I repeat it will kill off all fears relating to costly cooking energy.

Thanks.

#nlmods respects
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Jalaw: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Season of palliative will be here again, politician are already salivating.
Excess, awoof hoarding to be done.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by emetisuccess(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
Last minute looting
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by 00FFT00(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
The reason politicians dey use una head take play ping pong be say una no dey gree read between the lines. What is the meaning of the word “secured”?. Na dash?.

This APC government has taken an 800 million dollar loan as it exits the stage for another corrupt player, people. Yes, that's 200 million shy of a whopping 1 Billion dollars. The dying taking on debt for the leaving to pay.

Palliative?, which Palliative?, Nigerian politicians and palliatives, we've sung that song before now, and we know the bitter melody?. What a smart way to sidestep your equally fantastically corrupt legislooters and secure a handsome pension loot for themselves.

Buhari is a totalitarian ruler, as is every Nigerian president. Who prevented him from stopping the monumental fraud they nicknamed fuel subsidy for the past 7+ years?. And, another super thief is waiting in the wings to continue the heist. Nigerians, na sorry be una name.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by DaTruths: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2023
madridguy:
tongue

Mumu man

You no wan talk again grin

I been dey suspect say na Politics of tribe and religion Matters to many of you more than a progressive society, and I was right.

But guy you are educated naa.. If you are not woke, I wonder the condition of the majority uneducated.

E sure me say if Tinubu fails, you will still support him..
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Zlatty69: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2023
This is madness
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by thisisit: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2023
JAPA JAPA JAPA
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Lemos14: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2023
undecided
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by jojothaiv(m): 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2023
flemsy15:
If we have credibility, sincerity and integrity, this would have been a good news. But the last time (during COVID-19) we heard about palliative, it didn't go well
And we forget things easily.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by SalamRushdie: 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2023
Why is the west bent on making life hard for Us
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Stevosty: 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2023
That bank is a suspect, what is the motive behind the nonsense palliative? Why not provide money for Nigeria to build refineries of their own instead of exporting crude oil ever since?
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Ykc2(m): 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2023
Dem go share 100 million to 10 000 almajiris others they will use it for project in niger republic
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Ttipsy(f): 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2023
I wish the money will be used to build refinary..
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Patrioticman007(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2023
xcolanto:
First dish for bat to devour !! grin grin

$800 million would have been placed on fixed deposit by Obi-idiot & the yielding interest would be invested on a brewery company.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Greenfusion: 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by SAMTOBIJU(m): 7:33pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ireportlive:
Last gift to themselves
I'm telling you. They will be beaming with smile now over this money
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Freebills12: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
N3TRAL:
The effects of fuel subsidy removal will definitely be worse than the effects of Covid-19 and the cashless economy experiment.

We appreciate the good thoughts of the Federal Government of Nigeria for making plans for the poor people who will be most vulnerable to the crucial policy change.

Kudos to the Proactive Federal Government! It's a pleasure they didn't plan to be reactive after lessons of previous economic crises.

Shame! As if you dont know that the poor will not see any kobo from it. They should use the money to be subsidizing till it finishes.
How and when did they collect the names of the poor? What prevents them from pasting it in every polling unit as they did during the election? Shameless people
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Ken4Christ: 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2023
Why can't they use the money and fix our refineries instead? And petroleum products prices will automatically drop.

Who do us?

It seems our leaders just went to school and left their brains behind.

Or they are doing it for selfish gains.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by KoolBigk(m): 7:41pm On Apr 05, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-fg-secures-800m-from-world-bank-as-palliatives-for-poor-nigerians/

The government better run me my money. If una chop dis one, na thunder go fire una left yansh oo.
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by Ayomivic(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2023
nlfpmod:

The N power batch A and B N-exit they had put on hold on for more than a year now without thinking of how they surviving is their any hope for them?
Re: FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians by ufotunang: 7:44pm On Apr 05, 2023
adecz:
undecided

Repair refineries, not to remove
subsidy.

Subsidy regime is a sign of a failed
government and institutionalized corruption.

First thing to do is remove the NNPC GMD
who has been a total fiasco❌❌❌
.. and Buhari promised nigerians that he will repair the refineries and make them to work...this is 8 years of his government he did not do it. Buhari just deceivied nigerians to win election and acquire power

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahya Jammeh Asks Buhari, Others To Postpone Gambia Trip / Profile Of Justice Walter Onnoghen, The New Chief Justice Of Nigeria / PDP Will Win Next Year Presidential Election - Saraki Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.