Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra (62986 Views)

Sunday Igboho Was Released On Health Ground / The Moment Sowore Was Released By DSS (Video) / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Sltp: 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

This is not about I get am before. He still get am till now.

Usually having a Nobel laureate if one of the greatest honor you can have in your field and Prof. Soyinka is the only Nigerian with that record.

I’ve seen some of the Obidient influencers trying to compare Achebe to Wole Soyinka and I’m even sure Achebe died an unfulfilled man because of the jealousy he nurtured consistently for Prof. Soyinka.

I once read a statement where Wole Soyinka mentioned the envy and hatred of Achebe when he got his Nobel Prize.

Never you try to compare Soyinka and Achebe. Achebe is 100x better than Soyinka in everything. Achebe is not after prizes, money and offers. He turned down several offers in his lifetime. To talk about envy because of a prize shows you know nothing about Achebe
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Majesty7: 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
I get am before no be property

Soyinka jones and fool himself .. he deserve whatever he get..

That’s fact

No sentiment on board thr ship.. as a captain
He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Guess old age has caught up with him.. now his senses has gone tribal

Even his own pirates .. reason way better than him..

Abeg op shift

To hell with you and your Obi. Telling an elder he is senseless makes you what? You are nothing but a BASTARD

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Dbestbrest: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

That’s fact

He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Abeg op shift

I bet you, it is not a curse, but a stack reality, your generation to the next 10th generation can never amount collectively to a fraction of what Prof Soyinka has achieved. People like you should be picking gutters in upper iweka instead of sitting behind your techno phone to be typing rubbish. It is lack of home training that your parents failed to give you that you exhibiting to the entire world

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Steinmann: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wole Soyinka, is towing the part of festus keyamo that once stood with the oppressed but later pitched tent with the oppressors in a wild goose chase for power and relevance
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Sammyblacky87: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

That’s fact

He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Abeg op shift

U wey no be fool, who know u?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Greenback: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
The country is really blessed to have people like Soyinka.. only sad thing is,they are not honoured properly..their words are not adhered to

luluman:
And don't you think you are not just "a small fool" too but a direction less Nairalander for flexing all your might on nairaland with no single contribution to the life of the youth which you also are?
You see them, always like this!!!
They can never accept what they dish out.
Seun lalasticlala mynd44 nifpmod we hope you are seeing this.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by RexTramadol1: 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

This is not about I get am before. He still get am till now.

Usually having a Nobel laureate if one of the greatest honor you can have in your field and Prof. Soyinka is the only Nigerian with that record.

I’ve seen some of the Obidient influencers trying to compare Achebe to Wole Soyinka and I’m even sure Achebe died an unfulfilled man because of the jealousy he nurtured consistently for Prof. Soyinka.

I once read a statement where Wole Soyinka mentioned the envy and hatred of Achebe when he got his Nobel Prize.

Achebe even died without erection.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Angelfrost(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Every single time Soyinka has condemned them.

Soyinka canvassed for and against Jonathan, he did the same for Buhari, but he always had principle that guide him.

I have absolutely nothing against Prof sir!

He is eternally respected in my heart!

My response is about making a mountain out of the molehill that is Datti's statement... Blowing it out of proportion just to score cheap political points and turn most Nigerians against him!

I have followed the silent and not too silent attacks on the pursuit of labor Party to seek redress against a pitiably conducted election!

This is my problem... Labor Party is not anyone's problem, and shouldn't be! What is even raising more eyebrows is the specific and reinforced attack against the integrity of those contesting the integrity of an obviously flawed electoral process!

Obi and Datti might be monsters... That is moot to me!

The focus should never be shifted from the tribunal and courts! Simple!!!
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by NtiObaEneke(f): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2023
Nattering nitwits. Rabid, parochial minds of easy excitation. They are all over this thread discharging toxic sludge and turning social media to a soakaway pit for their rancid emissions. Hogroths, regurgitating mortar, dung and slime.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Mrbenny001: 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
Wetin concern Biafra and obidient movement...why is this man be like this...obi won in Lagos...are lagosian part of Biafra?
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by HNICEARTH: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
...and so? To hell with biafra, to hell with corn. We want a working nigeria, that's all. Soyinka has corn in his back pocket, he is highly cornfused

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Iamgrey5(m): 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
Angelfrost:

I have absolutely nothing against Prof sir!

He is eternally respected in my heart!

My response is about making a mountain out of the molehill that is Datti's statement... Blowing it out of proportion just to score cheap political points and turn most Nigerians against him!

I have followed the silent and not too silent attacks on the pursuit of labor Party to seek redress against a pitiably conducted election!

This is my problem... Labor Party is not anyone's problem, and shouldn't be! What is even raising more eyebrows is the specific and reinforced attack against the integrity of those contesting the integrity of an obviously flawed electoral process!

He never blew anything out of proportion

It's the Obidient's movement inability to stomach any form of criticism that made his statements an issue.

In the same interview;

1) Soyinka condemned what happened in Lagos State governorship election

2) Canvassed for igbo presidency for fairness

3) Canvassed for leadership of the country to be given to a younger generation.

4) Condemned Datti's interview with Channels as borderline Fascism.

However, you Obidient left the three earlier points Prof made and only attacked him on the Datti's comment prompting the prof to come for them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by DennisEche(m): 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2023
So much hate from my SE brothers. Obi loosing election is not a do or die affairs. Soft pedal.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Sprumbaba: 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
I will never support any Chester beaters from the other side. It has always been wahala!!!

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Angelfrost(m): 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:

It's the Obidient's movement inability to stomach any form of criticism that made his statements an issue.

In the same interview;

However, you Obidient left the three earlier points Prof made and only attacked him on the Datti's comment prompting the prof to come for them.

Maybe you need better comprehension...

I have absolutely nothing against Prof. Soyinka! Nothing whatsoever! Get it?!!

I have every problem with people constantly targeting and trying to pull down the pursuit of Labor Party to seek full and unbiased redress from the tribunal and courts!

How does this statement make me an Obidient?!! Or hateful of Soyinka?!!

Anyone trying hard to discredit the the criticisms against INEC or the fight of labor Party to have the election results reassessed is simply corrupt!
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Menclothing: 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
It is getting harder daily for easterner to build bridges you might be breaking the Brugge totally to win election of Nigeria u need 1 major ethnic to fully support u
Hausa fully bridge broken long ago with recent happenings the once bridge in west they are breaking it

Someone went to prison for 22 month for your sake you said you don’t care then no one will ever fight for you again because they know you will say this

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Believeintruth: 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:
Soyinka has done so much for Nigeria's democracy.

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

I am vindicated for taking a stance against masked fascism.

Dude do us a favor and stop talking because you are not showing smartness or being sensible at all.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Gabriel004: 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

That’s fact

He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Abeg op shift
I get am before lol.

Show us the one your father get or anyone in your lineage of your tribe that made him get am before.

You are a dunce.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by 43Ronin: 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:
See the jealous Achebe below and Prof Wole Soyinka statement on how surprised he was with Achebe’s comment when he won the Nobel Prize.

I try to respond to you just because I do not want you to misinform the younger ones. In ART, what you are measured by or what greatness is measured by is the quality of your art and how many people, lives your art has touched and how long your ART remains relevant. Awards is good, but does anyone remeber the award picaso got or Leonardo da vinci or Bethoven? No! We only remeber them for their works because it outlived them. Tell me one soyinka literary work that is being studied internationally ate different continents and countries Name 1. But achebe, till everyone dies in Nigeria, Things fall Apart will continue to be remembered, referenced and taught in at least all black heritage countries across the world. 50 cent went on bended knees begging Achebe to accept $1M just to use the title "Things Fall Apart" in his movie. That is greatness. Achebe is still talked about because of his work, which of wole aoyinka work is bursting head today and would be talked about even after he's gone

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Believeintruth: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:
Below is the interview he granted when he was released from prison after he was imprisoned for almost 22 months for advocating for the Biafran people.

The irony here is that the same people are now calling him a tribal bigot just because he condemn the manner with which the Obidient kids abuse everyone and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q764QyvOEdw&pp=ygUgV29sZSBzb3lpbmthIHJlbGVhc2UgZnJvbSBwcmlzb24%3D

You see the hottest part of hell is reserved for you in close habitation with Lucifer. You people just because of crumbs you want spin off what Soyinka did in the past as igbos being ungrateful in the present. Is it not ironic that the Prof is calling a group of people who in all honesty have not done half of what Soyinka did in 1965 by holding a radio station at gunpoint to stop them from announcing Akintola as the winner of a sham election.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Bahamas95(m): 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
As I was watching the video lots of stuffs were running through my mind. My own time is coming.

I wish I could be forever young. embarassed
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Iamgrey5(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Angelfrost:

Maybe you need better comprehension...

I have absolutely nothing against Prof. Soyinka! Nothing whatsoever! Get it?!!

I have every problem with people constantly targeting and trying to pull down the pursuit of Labor Party to seek full and unbiased redress from the tribunal and courts!

How does statement make me an Obidient?!! Or hateful of Soyinka?!!
Alright! you are not an Obidient but you are defending them without understanding the full context of the disagreement between the so called Obidients and Prof.

No one is doing anything, it's the Obidient movement themselves that are dragging Prof on social media prompting people like Magalu and Reno to react.

NB: At no point did anyone stop Peter obi from approaching a competent court of jurisdiction but as long as Peter obi want the case to remain in the court of public opinion by granting several provocative interviews, the public will continue to judge them.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Believeintruth: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:

In the same interview;

How was Datti's interview Fascism? The same Soyinka held a radio station at gunpoint tell me what that was? When he escaped who gave him refuge? Was it nor Enugu he fled to? Make una no dey twist history ooo.
Tell me the same APC said they would form a parallel government if 2015 election is rigged tell me what that is if not fascism?
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by saintfieldcastro: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
What relates his imprisonment with his current support for criminals and Terrorists called APC, Bola Tinubu and Yakubu Mahmoud?
The founder of cultism lacks moral reasons to even cast aspersions on Obidients. Wole Soyinka is a pure academic fraud. His books does not make impact to anyone bcuz they are almost written with ambiguous words which portray no clear-cut meanings.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Gabriel004: 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
From the pics and video.. he was a youth .. with sharp brain.. doing what they youths of today are doing

Now he wants to take the youths back .. and then use his own youthful acts to intimidate they present Nigeria youths at his 81 age

He no make sense ..

His brain has gone tribalistic.. and emotional

He’s dreams to getting back to 30/39 is a a mere dream

Soyinka must understand that the ship has long sailed

He has played his part and won’t play the youthful part again in this world

He should be playing the part of Obasanjo Danjuma Abubakar Adebanjo and his contemporaries

God forgive but his acting a big fool with his latest rant and act

Gos punish sentiments
He did his own without insult.

Truly, you don't have sense.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by AfonjaPriest: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Soyinka has ended his time. He is only trying so hard to keep himself irrelevant.
He should be advised to stop whipping up dust, because his effort is gradually gathering the appearance of a miasma.
It is never too late to stop, unless he wants to be told the smell of shit is the result of leaving his mouth too wide open.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by goldmatrix(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Meaning what?
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Iamgrey5(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Believeintruth:

How was Datti's interview Fascism? The same Soyinka held a radio station at gunpoint tell me what that was? When he escaped who gave him refuge? Was it nor Enugu he fled to? Make una no dey twist history ooo.
Tell me the same APC said they would form a parallel government if 2015 election is rigged tell me what that is if not fascism?
Don't you know the definition of Fascism?

He w is the allegation of holding a radio interview at gun point same as Fascism?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by 43Ronin: 4:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Majesty7:

To hell with you and your Obi. Telling an elder he is senseless makes you what? You are nothing but a BASTARD
But soyinka referred to Patience Jonathan as a Hippo now, so are u getting agro that he was insulted? You reap what you sow na matter the age
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by CockAndBullStor: 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
He deserved what he’s getting for siding with the enemies against your own. We warned him but he refused to listen. No one stands with the enemies against his own people goes scot-free. Obidients are zombies and must be put to death. Death to all obidients!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by zachanalysis: 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
From the pics and video.. he was a youth .. with sharp brain.. doing what they youths of today are doing

Now he wants to take the youths back .. and then use his own youthful acts to intimidate they present Nigeria youths at his 81 age

He no make sense ..

His brain has gone tribalistic.. and emotional

He’s dreams to getting back to 30/39 is a a mere dream

Soyinka must understand that the ship has long sailed

He has played his part and won’t play the youthful part again in this world

He should be playing the part of Obasanjo Danjuma Abubakar Adebanjo and his contemporaries

God forgive but his acting a big fool with his latest rant and act

Gos punish sentiments
For Bleep sake, would you just shut the he'll up. You are making zero sense with your hate influenced rhetorics. That is the way of a typical Igbo man though. Always conceited and vindictive. This is why you people keep having issues everywhere you go. Morons!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: 7 PDP ‘heavyweights’ That May Slug It Out With Buhari / CCTV Footage Of Unknown Gunmen Attack On Army Checkpoint In Ebonyi (Pics, Video) / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.