Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra (63029 Views)

Sunday Igboho Was Released On Health Ground / The Moment Sowore Was Released By DSS (Video) / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by bionixs: 4:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:
Soyinka has done so much for Nigeria's democracy.

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

I am vindicated for taking a stance against masked fascism.
and now he wants to spoil all.

satan was once Lucifer

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by topatee: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Soyinka was never a Fascist.

Fascism is a mass political movement(Obidients) that emphasizes extreme nationalism, militarism, and the supremacy of both the nation and the single, powerful leader(obi) over the individual citizen(Differing opinions in Nigeria)

Fascism is a mass political zombie movement called Obidients

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Believeintruth: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Don't you know the definition of Fascism?

He w is the allegation of holding a radio interview at gun point same as Fascism?

And how is Datti's interview Fascism? Let us talk about that.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Zerooffence: 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
I get am before no be property

Soyinka jones and fool himself .. he deserve whatever he get..

That’s fact

No sentiment on board thr ship.. as a captain
He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Guess old age has caught up with him.. now his senses has gone tribal

Even his own pirates .. reason way better than him..

Abeg op shift

You deserve to be roasted. Eranko Omo jati jati

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by topatee: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

Mob..

Hmmm

His speech is biased with insults against an ethnicity

Even if they first stone him.. he should be wise enough to avoid whatever ..

It takes eveything to avoid shalaye .. he would have been sleeping peacefully in his room by now

Without being dragged ..

Now he made enemies and new Friends.. is that what he wished for himself at this age …

The Godfather IBB .. can never be caught being stupid .. talk more acting foolish
This is the trademark of the Obidents

they love Trolling, they insult, they throw stones(yet they want to live in glass house), make incoherent arguments that makes them and their principal look foolish.... I wonder the kind of Nigeria we will have if Obi & Datti ever gets to Aso Rock

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Political chicanery and intolerance is the bane of our prosperity in Nigeria

Unfortunately the younger generation do not understand that they are indirectly being used to achieve a personal agenda by a few.

Election has been won let us focus on Nation building rather all this paradox

Liked, Shared and Followed.

Thank You for this Awakening.

However; many of them are still blinded with their own hate and arrogance.

They know not that "Alignment of Purposes" as Youths of Nigeria is The Way Forward for All of Us in Nigeria.

As A People; We need to stop with The Tribalism and Religious Sentiments if We really want to Progress Individually and Societally.

We need to set up An Agenda of Aligned Purpose for The Next President Elect To Work Towards.

We are Already Setting Up An Agenda for Tinubu using The Link Below as Reasonable Nairalanders of Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/7644296/muslim-cleric-says-instead-congratulating

Join Us Kingest.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Odin13: 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Majesty7:

To hell with you and your Obi. Telling an elder he is senseless makes you what? I am nothing but a BASTARD
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Odin13: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
Dbestbrest:

I bet you, it is not a curse, but a stack reality, your generation to the next 10th generation can never amount collectively to a fraction of what Prof Soyinka has achieved. People like you should be picking gutters in upper iweka instead of sitting behind your techno phone to be typing rubbish. It is lack of home training that your parents failed to give you that you exhibiting to the entire world

Talking to your generation and lineage., is okay..
Enjoy your curse
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Truthshscrazy: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Interesting
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Odin13: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
Gabriel004:
I get am before lol.

Show us the one your father get or anyone in your lineage of your tribe that made him get am before.

You are a dunce.

Never know say you bedunce.. enjoy!
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Odin13: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
zachanalysis:
For Bleep sake, would you just shut the he'll up. You are making zero sense with your hate influenced rhetorics. That is the way of a typical Igbo man though. Always conceited and vindictive. This is why you people keep having issues everywhere you go. Morons!

Morons.. Bayerebe Beri..

Una sabi curse Una self… take it easy
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by prettyliz(f): 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1644405709562429442?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA

CC: Mynd44
Make all of una go rest ....leave the tribalisms behind jor
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by georgeakins: 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

That’s fact

He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Abeg op shift

Obi has lost, he should go prepare for 2027
We are in Jagaban era.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Smooyis(m): 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2023
There are some people that you can never please. These people are one of them grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Shemadex(m): 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:

That’s fact

He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Abeg op shift
u hear from them
No need to search for his name is from the no respect Region
If Jesus Christ com down today nd call obi to order
They ll stone him
That is how they were configured
They ll not smell that villa I swear no be lie
Than that region we ll give it to South south
That is my submission

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by uncleade(m): 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Obi himself know that his enemies are the so called obidients. Only that he can not voice it out for the fears of loosing them or them going against him, he has no choice than to keep following them like a goat. They are so senseless that even If Obi himself attempt to call them to order, he may lose them. What a race with primitive behavior. Shame shame.

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by crixlight2(m): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
Odin13:
From the pics and video.. he was a youth .. with sharp brain.. doing what they youths of today are doing

Now he wants to take the youths back .. and then use his own youthful acts to intimidate they present Nigeria youths at his 81 age

He no make sense ..

His brain has gone tribalistic.. and emotional

He’s dreams to getting back to 30/39 is a a mere dream

Soyinka must understand that the ship has long sailed

He has played his part and won’t play the youthful part again in this world

He should be playing the part of Obasanjo Danjuma Abubakar Adebanjo and his contemporaries

God forgive but his acting a big fool with his latest rant and act

Gos punish sentiments
From your statement it is only people that are supporting Obi that are only playing that part , because Obasanjo and Adebanjo now supporting Obi they are playing the right part , so funny how you people forget the heinous atrocities Obasanjo committed , just because he is supporting Obi now you seeing him as a hero

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by georgeakins: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

The blame should go their parents. The parents of those Igbo youths insulting Prof failed their children not Prof. They do not even appreciate any good done to them.

They never told them about Wole Soyinka, Fajuyi, Victor Banjo and Yoruba lamdlords who returned their rents and properties to them after the Nigerian civil war.Their parents fed them with hate and victim mentality even in a land they are critical stakeholders. Today, the Igbo has gone from being one of the big 3 to become number 5 behind Hausa, Yoruba,Fulani and Ijaw.

Hopefully, Reno will help educate them so they can tell their own children that they were wrongly indoctrinated to hate others. The Igbo youths brought up well to be self confident and love other Nigerians, I salute you and your parents.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Yoruba should stop being nice to Ibos.

Ibos are naturally ungrateful people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The biggest reservers of Soyinka criticism are Yoruba leaders like Obasanjo and Tinubu in the past.

The man even said South East deserves the presidency in a recent interview.

How is calling Datti's statement out tribalistic?
They have redefined "tribalism" to mean any viewpoint which is less than 100% in agreement with theirs on all issues at all times. Even going to prison for 3 years on their behalf cannot defend one against the charge, nor will criticizing Tinubu and advocating for a SE presidency within the very same interview pointing out "Obidient" excesses ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Prenonjebose: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
It is sheer ignorance for anyone to continue in this fixated narrative that it was only or mainly Obi's kins that support him. Afenifere came out openly to support his candidature as well as many Yorubas and non ibos. They were not coerced to do so. Many of the reasons stem from the principle of equity. Soyinka has always been a voice of reason on equity and nationalistic ideals. This is what the article above proves. But I believe he should have been silent on the issue of obidients as his statement was picky and not all encompassing as regarding the source or foundation of the support galvanized towards this man. PO does not come across as a messiah to many of his followers and neutrals, but rather an opportunistic departure from a cabal of corrupt politicians in the ruling party who have nearly brought the country to her kneels, and another ex ruling party who hardly fared better. His golden silence on many issues ailing the youth especially before the election, such as scarcity of basic things like currecy and fuel gave the impressive notion of "statemanship", which he cannot be faulted for. Coming out to single out few issues surrounding the election, and asking for a live debate with one of the leaders of one contending parties in the election was ill advised
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Kc3000: 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Soyinka was not locked up for advocating for Biafra. He visited Biafra, not to support the secession efforts, but the Nigerian government wasn't pleased with his unauthorized visit, and subsequently arrested him on his return to Nigeria. He was there to represent a collective of Nigerian writers that wanted to connect with their colleagues on the Biafran side to actually try to convince them that a united Nigeria was still a viable option. Soyinka has never claimed to have been a supporter of Biafra.
Omokri is not one that I take seriously, so I rarely expect him to be a stickler for facts.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Crafteck1: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

Sowore has done so much too, whats your point
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
Masterito:
In life you can't be always right. Even the president of US makes mistakes. Soyinka was wrong to call the Obidients fascists. He spoke like an APC spokesperson. Besides, Obidients is not a Biafran movement. A[b]lso, Soyinka could have address the the tribalistic and xenophobic behavior in Lagos but he was selective in his criticism.[/b] In this case, Soyinka didn't act like the respectable Icon we know. However, I still respect him and understand that he is human to make mistakes.
And in the highlighted you betray the fact that you never actually watched the interview in question. If you'd watched the whole thing, you'd know that Wole Soyinka actually did what you are accusing him of not doing! He criticized the events in Lagos, using the exact same language he used to criticise Datti's troublesome rhetoric, yet here you all are jumping up and down calling him all sorts of foul names anyway!

This collective insanity by you "Obidients" is exactly what Soyinka was getting at when he mentioned "fascism". The refusal to accept that people can differ with you on anything whatsoever on principled grounds, and the insistence on treating even the slightest hint of dissent as grounds for limitless hatred, are the hallmarks of totalitarianism. Only fascists and Stalinists divide the world into an "us" vs "them" struggle to the death on the basis of even the smallest doctrinal deviations, and that is your hallmark.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by iykechas2002: 5:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:

You are a simp. A waste of humanity space. An abortion escapee from bastard.

IAre obidients only the Igbo? Reno mockery is pointless and u are here cashing in on his stupidity.
Keep fooling yourself. Idiot

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Princewell2012(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
N3TRAL:

What makes you believed that obedients were only Igbo's

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Odin13: 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
crixlight2:

From your statement it is only people that are supporting Obi that are only playing that part , because Obasanjo and Adebanjo now supporting Obi they are playing the right part , so funny how you people forget the heinous atrocities Obasanjo committed , just because he is supporting Obi now you seeing him as a hero

Everything no begin and end with Obi..

Atiku is my candidate..

Soyinka goof and that’s the reality
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by fridayking(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
So Obedient is equal Biafrans
Abi is Obi equal Biafrans...

Your post has not point...

APC writers
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by am4truth(m): 5:36pm On Apr 09, 2023
Ungrateful elements

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Masterito(m): 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
Na he wasn't specific in the criticism of the tribalistic behavior by certain persons but was specific in calling out Obidients and Datti. He was clearly bias. Watch the interview again. There are many people to criticize in the APC, such as FFK, Bayo, MC Oluomo etc but he never did. To call for a debate with the LP vice candidate was where he messed up totally.
omohayek:

And in the highlighted you betray the fact that you never actually watched the interview in question. If you'd watched the whole thing, you'd know that Wole Soyinka actually did what you are accusing him of not doing! He criticized the events in Lagos, using the exact same language he used to criticise Datti's troublesome rhetoric, yet here you all are jumping up and down calling him all sorts of foul names anyway!

This collective insanity by you "Obidients" is exactly what Soyinka was getting at when he mentioned "fascism". The refusal to accept that people can differ with you on anything whatsoever on principled grounds, and the insistence on treating even the slightest hint of dissent as grounds for limitless hatred, are the hallmarks of totalitarianism. Only fascists and Stalinists divide the world into an "us" vs "them" struggle to the death on the basis of even the smallest doctrinal deviations, and that is your hallmark.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Omenlon: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
I am never surprised about anything from the Igbo race, I lived with them and know them inside out, it is the ignorant Yorubas who supported an Igbo man against a Yoruba man that are the ones I pitied the most. These people don't send you, they belied they are smarter, intelligent and sharper than any other person around them. Their sense of entitlement no be here, If you like kill yourself for an igbo man you die foolishly.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by gasparpisciotta: 5:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Liked, Shared and Followed.

Thank You for this Awakening.

However; many of them are still blinded with their own hate and arrogance.

They know not that "Alignment of Purposes" as Youths of Nigeria is The Way Forward for All of Us in Nigeria.

As A People; We need to stop with The Tribalism and Religious Sentiments if We really want to Progress Individually and Societally.

We need to set up An Agenda of Aligned Purpose for The Next President Elect To Work Towards.

We are Already Setting Up An Agenda for Tinubu using The Link Below as Reasonable Nairalanders of Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/7644296/muslim-cleric-says-instead-congratulating

Join Us Kingest.

Thanks bro.

I am in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

People Celebrate Orji Kalu's Supreme Court Victory In Abia (Photos) / El-Rufai's Convoy: Nigerians Recreate "A Door Opener For The Main Door Opener" / CCTV Footage Of Unknown Gunmen Attack On Army Checkpoint In Ebonyi (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.