Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra (62947 Views)

Sunday Igboho Was Released On Health Ground / The Moment Sowore Was Released By DSS (Video) / Gowon & Awolowo Immediately He Was Released From Prison In 1966 (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by goslowgoslow(m): 4:34am On Apr 10, 2023
DesChyko:
I get irritated when supposed adults demonstrate incapability to process complete thoughts.

You posted an article of Soyinka leaving prison. The big question is why was he in prison in the first place? What actions got him there? Was it not fighting for what he believes is just?

He belongs to the annals of history now and is saying words that are out of place today and you're trying to use his past as a moral compass to dissuade youths of today fighting for what they believe is just? Are you aware someone at that time played the same dissuading role he is trying to play today and if he had listened, he probably won't have ended up in prison. But he did and you celebrate him because of what he stood for.

I get irritated when supposed adults demonstrate incapability to process complete thoughts.
You own though sef is very irritating! Just because the man said Obidents should be civil hatred started. Why are you not saying all these rubbish about Obasanjo who is the same age range with Soyinka?
You will not because he supports Obi! You people are very terrible and disgusting!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Voldoz: 5:11am On Apr 10, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1644405709562429442?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA

CC: Mynd44

Mind you before you talk carelessly Obidients and Biafra are two different ideology so don't mix it together.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Voldoz: 5:18am On Apr 10, 2023
goslowgoslow:

You own though sef is very irritating! Just because the man said Obidents should be civil hatred started. Why are you not saying all these rubbish about Obasanjo who is the same age range with Soyinka?
You will not because he supports Obi! You people are very terrible and disgusting!

Oga shut up!!!

Are Obidients not being civil?

What Wole said was wrong calling them fascists for trying to recover their mandate was way out of line, he as a prof should know better.

The APC claimed they won LP went to court as instructed now they are upset, if APC won as they claim then quietly claim your mandate in court.

As for Datti speech he only reminded or Judiciary to sit up and not be biased.

As for Wole it's clear he has picked a side and am not against it but that doesn't mean he should call a spade a shovel.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Kwinity(f): 5:36am On Apr 10, 2023
samsononyilo:

E dey obvious say this country no go better again, till we go our separate ways, the division along ethnic lines too much.
Nigeria is gone and gone for the worst and there's no two ways about it. No allow any motherfucka deceive u oh! Imagine a country that is not even developed is having this cruel nature among themselves. Make God bless us so we can relocate to where our lives can find peace.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Masterito(m): 6:28am On Apr 10, 2023
Lol, it is fine funny to see select what to respond to. Just like Soyinka you judge the xenophobic and tribalistic behavior exhibited by BAT, which is clearly worse than what Obidients do. I won't be surprised if you are a BAT supporter like Soyinka who clearly is one of BAT benefactors.
omohayek:

Nothing in this gibberish addresses any of the points I made, proving yet again what is obvious to anyone with half a brain: "bias" is what you budding fascists cry whenever anyone dares to deviate in the slightest from your point of view.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by thegrinch(m): 7:49am On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

Soyinka ought to be in his bed .. resting and taking care by his grandchildren

Not ridiculing his old age

He’s a bingo .. that needs rest

If you know .. you know

Do you idiots ever use your heads? This was the same song you sang about Tinubu, yet, he flogged you front and back.

Youthfulness has it's place but when a wise young man grows up, he becomes a wise old man... Not all you you f.u.cking retards on Social... Only God knows what your generation will be like when your older.

You don't f.u.ck with such people. Their silence is louder that your noise, their gentility, more than your tantrums.

Respect wise young men who have aged, it will be to your advantage.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by thegrinch(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2023
Voldoz:

Mind you before you talk carelessly Obidients and Biafra are two different ideology so don't mix it together.

Are they? Can you explain how Obidients are different from biafrans?

Because if you want to add the idiot clout chasing b.astard young yoruba keyboard warriors among you, I will laugh.

90% of all Obidients are Biafrans. It is evidenced in the voting patterns.

Or are there Northern Obidients? (again leave out influencers who need the affirmation of the loud and brainless online mob to survive)

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by KINGS100(m): 7:57am On Apr 10, 2023
Anything to make Obi or Igbo people look bad gives Reno and his likes orgasm. The same people that praised MC Oluomo are the people people condemning Ibos.

They want to sell the narrative that Obedient movement is an Igbo movement but the truth remains that, we know that it's a brave Nigerian youth movement. They couldn't silence us despite calling some of us bastards for not supporting their evil party's candidate. We move.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Invitationn: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2023
N3TRAL:
Soyinka has done so much for Nigeria's democracy.

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

I am vindicated for taking a stance against masked fascism.

As I read, I looked forward to the bolded word.
Your submission couldn’t have been complete without it.
They’re fascists but they don’t want us to say it.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by kskpoundz(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2023
EagleNest:
That he advocated for Biafra in the past rightly belongs to the past. Biafra did not work out, so that's past. Today the bone of contention is the recent flawed election. If there is no cause, there cannot be resulting effect. He can't pretend that the most important thing now is what Obidients and APC say than what INEC did.

I respect him so much and has read his book but I don't think he always makes the right and honest calls on national issues all the time. Nice grammars yes, but no substance as what he accused Obidients is not worst than what APC did in previous election nor the current one. He himself did insult Jonathan and wife, demeaning himself. He can't try to portray a sense of holiness when he is guilty of the same act.

Have you also forgotten Ojukwu’s struggle for biafra? Can you also say Ojukwu’s efforts and struggles on biafra was in the past and don’t make any difference in the today’s struggle?
So why would you be an ingrate by insulting someone who isn’t from your tribe but went to prison for fighting for your rights and you say it all in the past.
May all your struggles and efforts now as a youth be useless when you get old and to the coming youths, you will be dragged and disgrace way more than you are doing to Wole now

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by samsononyilo(m): 8:36am On Apr 10, 2023
Kwinity:
Nigeria is gone and gone for the worst and there's no two ways about it. No allow any motherfucka deceive u oh! Imagine a country that is not even developed is having this cruel nature among themselves. Make God bless us so we can relocate to where our lives can find peace.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by goslowgoslow(m): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2023
Voldoz:

Oga shut up!!!

Are Obidients not being civil?

What Wole said was wrong calling them fascists for trying to recover their mandate was way out of line, he as a prof should know better.

The APC claimed they won LP went to court as instructed now they are upset, if APC won as they claim then quietly claim your mandate in court.

As for Datti speech he only reminded or Judiciary to sit up and not be biased.

As for Wole it's clear he has picked a side and am not against it but that doesn't mean he should call a spade a shovel.
Your opening sentence clearly shows how civil Obidients are! You nor see your life! You started by confirming exactly what Soyinka said about Obidients! Very vile and disrespectful people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by xbitttt(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2023
Reno is a very useless man... he is lying just to just to win cheap popularity

Wole Soyinka was not arrested for supporting Biafra.

Soyinka was arrested in 1967 for his involvement in the "Third Force," a group of intellectuals and activists who sought to provide an alternative to the military dictatorship of General Yakubu Gowon. He was held in solitary confinement for 22 months without trial and was eventually released in 1969 after the Biafran War had ended.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Invitationn: 9:49am On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:
From the pics and video.. he was a youth .. with sharp brain.. doing what they youths of today are doing

Now he wants to take the youths back .. and then use his own youthful acts to intimidate they present Nigeria youths at his 81 age

He no make sense ..

His brain has gone tribalistic.. and emotional

He’s dreams to getting back to 30/39 is a a mere dream

Soyinka must understand that the ship has long sailed

He has played his part and won’t play the youthful part again in this world

He should be playing the part of Obasanjo Danjuma Abubakar Adebanjo and his contemporaries

God forgive but his acting a big fool with his latest rant and act

Gos punish sentiments
He only called you a fascist.
Why are you so mad?
Are you not a fascist? grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Invitationn: 9:57am On Apr 10, 2023
Odin13:

Soyinka ought to be in his bed .. resting and taking care by his grandchildren

Not ridiculing his old age

He’s a bingo .. that needs rest

If you know .. you know
Biden is POTUS @80.

Says a lot about the low standards you’ve set for yourself.
You are saying at 81 you’ll be so useless babysitting away the rest your life miserable life.
Common! You can do better for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by hollywater: 10:17am On Apr 10, 2023
Nonsense the same Man that introduced cultism to Nigeria. He was probably fighting for his popularity then and not for the Igbo's.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 10:26am On Apr 10, 2023
Masterito:
Lol, it is fine funny to see select what to respond to. Just like Soyinka you judge the xenophobic and tribalistic behavior exhibited by BAT, which is clearly worse than what Obidients do. I won't be surprised if you are a BAT supporter like Soyinka who clearly is one of BAT benefactors.
And here we go again. Like I said, you have nothing to stand on by way of either factual evidence or logic, which is why you are so quick to resort to ad hominem attacks. You are obviously a lost case. The pity is that there are so many aggressive fanatics like you out there rallying behind Peter Obi as if he were a messiah able to turn water into wine.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Ogaonos: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
LegendHero:

This is not about I get am before. He still get am till now.

Usually having a Nobel laureate if one of the greatest honor you can have in your field and Prof. Soyinka is the only Nigerian with that record.

I’ve seen some of the Obidient influencers trying to compare Achebe to Wole Soyinka and I’m even sure Achebe died an unfulfilled man because of the jealousy he nurtured consistently for Prof. Soyinka.

I once read a statement where Wole Soyinka mentioned the envy and hatred of Achebe when he got his Nobel Prize.

soyinka mess up .he knew who buhari was but supported him nd attack jpnathan even said unpleasant words about patience jonathan in a cnn interview i think in 2014 or so he didnt expose d reality of d economy policy of buhari adminstration in d 80s something my mom educated us on Is nt ur achievement dt count but ur behaviour ,attitude nd decisions making on matter dt matter alot.oga soyinka shuld rest he kindof think we all fools because he speak queen english.d world has move from honoring only ur achievement only but nt include ur altitude.look for example 2face is a great legend won d first mtv europe award but today charly boy is more respected dan 2face beyond music why was because of d protrst he called for nd chivken out few days to d protest
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Masterito(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
Calling me a crazy fanatic without even knowing me says alot about you. It funny how you guys think your assumptions are facts. You don't even know the party or presidential candidate I support. However, I will let you wallow in your ignorance. Obi must be living free rent in your head.
omohayek:

And here we go again. Like I said, you have nothing to stand on by way of either factual evidence or logic, which is why you are so quick to resort to ad hominem attacks. You are obviously a lost case. The pity is that there are so many aggressive fanatics like you out there rallying behind Peter Obi as if he were a messiah able to turn water into wine.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Bekermann(m): 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
N3TRAL:
Soyinka has done so much for Nigeria's democracy.

As a young man, about the age of most disobidient children, he was incarcerated by a military regime for almost two years. Just before the restoration of our presidential democracy, another military regime wanted him "dead or alive" during his necessary exile from Nigeria.

The venerable statesman has contributed more to Nigerian progress than most of you would ever do- in words and in deeds ; in theory and in practice.

As the heyday of Obidiotism is gradually coming to an end, I am proud that my convictions about the totalitarian movement were genuine and have been proven even to the least objective Nigerian.

One of my fears was the institutionalization of cancel culture. Another one was the giving of villain tags to Nigerian heroes who do not reply Obi with "Yes Daddy"!

I am vindicated for taking a stance against masked fascism.

Beautiful piece... Impressive.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Masterito:
Calling me a crazy fanatic without even knowing me says alot about you. It funny how you guys think your assumptions are facts. You don't even know the party or presidential candidate I support. However, I will let you wallow in your ignorance. Obi must be living free rent in your head.
As the Bible verse goes "By their fruits shall ye know them", in your case, the "fruits" being your fact-free, angry and insulting responses to my attempts to get you to debate in a level-headed and logical manner. It would be nice to be proven wrong about you "Obidients" even once in a lifetime, but I fear that will never happen.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Masterito(m): 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
If the Obidients you blame has done more than what you are doing. Lol. Well like I said earlier I will leave to wallow in your ignorance. Remind the part of the Bible that says don't judge others.
omohayek:

As the Bible verse goes "By their fruits shall ye know them", in your case, the "fruits" being your fact-free, angry and insulting responses to my attempts to get you to debate in a level-headed and logical manner. It would be nice to be proven wrong about you "Obidients" even once in a lifetime, but I fear that will never happen.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
Masterito:
If the Obidients you blame has done more than what you are doing. Lol. W[b]ell like I said earlier I will leave to wallow in your ignorance.[/b] Remind the part of the Bible that says don't judge others.
You really can't help yourselves with the insults, can you? How sad and pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Masterito(m): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
I am responsible for what I wrote not what you understood.
omohayek:

You really can't help yourselves with the insults, can you? How sad and pathetic.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by omohayek: 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
Masterito:
I am responsible for what I wrote not what you understood.
Oh I understood you all too well, don't worry ...

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Masterito(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2023
Worry? Lol
omohayek:

Oh I understood you all too well, don't worry ...
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Oluwaseunomo: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
babywhite:

And this isn't bullying?
You can call it whatever you want so far the message as been passed
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by EagleNest(m): 8:33am On Apr 11, 2023
kskpoundz:

Have you also forgotten Ojukwu’s struggle for biafra? Can you also say Ojukwu’s efforts and struggles on biafra was in the past and don’t make any difference in the today’s struggle?
So why would you be an ingrate by insulting someone who isn’t from your tribe but went to prison for fighting for your rights and you say it all in the past.
May all your struggles and efforts now as a youth be useless when you get old and to the coming youths, you will be dragged and disgrace way more than you are doing to Wole now

I cannot debase myself to hurl insults and even curses on u as you tactically did in your response. One of the biggest problem we have in Nigeria is shameless hypocrisy and subservient attitude to elites regardless of who. It makes them look like god that can never falter.

INEC ruined 2023 election, and instead of Wole as an elder to call a spade a spade, and bombard INEC with his talents of bombastic grammars he instead started attacking & accusing LP supporters for no useful reasons than to shush them.

Meanwhile the big elephant in the room is the umpire (INEC) who has remained silent and shamefully buried its head on sand. Wole fall hands, olorun! by going after LP.
Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Braga90(m): 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
Braga90:
Whatever problem wole soyinka has with the Igbos/ obidients is his problem, if a people can believe that Buhari is dead and a certain jubrin of Sudan is ruling, What can they not believe? Fvcking gullibles!
How will they even understand or comprehend the idea of a leaurate?
Throughout their modern history,
they've always been led astray or rather a sheep led to the slaughter, from ojukwu to Nnamdi kanu to Simon ekpa and most recently, obi. And see to what state that has led them, war casualties in the millions, marginalization in governance, geographically pocketed to a corner of the country/ systematically stripped of their ancestral sea access, et cetera.
Even though I voted obi, I've come to conclusion that the ibos are cunning, covetousness people that should be prevented by all means from getting power till there's no more Nigeria. I mean look at their attitudes post 2023 general elections!
Whatever problem wole soyinka has with the Igbos/ obidients is his problem, if a people can believe that Buhari is dead and a certain jubrin of Sudan is ruling, What can they not believe? Fvcking gullibles!
How will they even understand or comprehend the idea of a leaurate?
Throughout their modern history,
they've always been led astray or rather a sheep led to the slaughter, from ojukwu to Nnamdi kanu to Simon ekpa and most recently, obi. And see to what state that has led them, war casualties in the millions,destruction and confiscation of their property in throughout the country, devastation of their homelands, their marginalization in governance, geographically pocketed to a corner of the country/ systematically stripped of their ancestral sea access, et cetera. Yet, they still haven't learnt their lessons or rather their old ones haven't recounted the miseries and travails that was experienced which to me is one of their their greatest undoings, sad.
Even though I voted obi, I've come to conclusion that the ibos are cunning, covetousness people that should be prevented by all means from getting power till there's no more Nigeria. I mean look at their attitudes post 2023 general elections!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Organs(m): 4:24am On Apr 12, 2023
Odin13:
I get am before no be property

Soyinka jones and fool himself .. he deserve whatever he get..

That’s fact

No sentiment on board thr ship.. as a captain
He knows that too well

Wetin do his silence ..

Guess old age has caught up with him.. now his senses has gone tribal

Even his own pirates .. reason way better than him..

Abeg op shift

Modified ;

See as them dey my mention boiling with hate and bitterness..because truth is so bitter to them

Them Dey expect me to worship their own God with dem..

But same humans are all over the place hailing Olumo and his useless gangs

If Una want make Una curse, abuse ,hate .. riot .. mad .. e no stop this truth

Neither e stop illegality of asiwaju and Turn inec legal
Or make Soyinka not to be disrespected … one who plays with child get dirty

And the very foolish of all insults is that they’re all blaming igbos and believe Odin na igbo being .. once you no agree with them .. you don become igbo … there .. nightmares ..

Insecurities is high

Keep dreaming and sleeping on bike

Soyinka remains a clannish tribal human.. no matter the status… he’s name na wole ..

Haters keep spewing trash gibberish

You’re not even smart enough to recognize that I get am before nobi property doesn’t apply to a Nobel Laurette. An acclaimed cerebral guy that academia all over the world are inviting him just to show up for 30mins and you’re talking rubbish. Siddon there, sense go soon reach you.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra by Delightsome2023: 9:30am On Apr 25, 2023
Zwanzig:
ur mum is a she-goat who was r@ped by a bulldog b4 she birthed you
Mynd44 Seun Dominique Oam4J
Rule 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldier Shows How He Sleeps In The Jungle: 'No Big Boy For Bush' / Osinbajo Leaves Ogoniland As Wike Shows APC Love - Photos / Cultists, Hoodlums Burnt Alive In Awka, Anambra (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.