Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. (2374 Views)

Gemini Uses Real-time Analysis Ahead Of GPT4 V / I Need A Tech Company To Do My Internship Even If It Free / Is A Degree In Computer Science Still Worth It??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by dreamxhaser: 4:48am On Apr 08, 2023
Experts in the house, will you advise anyone to go into tech at this age/point in time?

There are now AIs that can code and do all that.

2 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by yrhuhfy113: 4:58am On Apr 08, 2023
yes... LEARN machine learning, so you can build your own A.I..

or use A.I to sell end user solutions and take advantage of the market.

I paid someone to use A.I to develop a forex bot for me and it has been profitable since.

If I wanted to do the long process of forex, I for don loose plenty money and blown my account.

I also paid someone on fiverr to create a wakanda text to speech a.i for me... and its been great.

So the CODE is.....
In a GOLD RUSH, when everyone is digging for GOLD, a wise man will sell SHOVEL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by WesternPanzer: 6:19am On Apr 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

I paid someone to use A.I to develop a forex bot for me and it has been profitable since.

If I wanted to do the long process of forex, I for don loose plenty money and blown my account.

I also paid someone on fiverr to create a wakanda text to speech a.i for me... and its been great.

So the CODE is.....

How many shovels have you sold? Or you made this comment so people can reach out to you and you scam them via forex?

Develop Forex Bot indeed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by yrhuhfy113: 6:33am On Apr 08, 2023
WesternPanzer:

How many shovels have you sold? Or you made this comment so people can reach out to you and you scam them via forex?

Develop Forex Bot indeed.

Check my handle pls before opening the gutter of a mouth you have.

YOUR PHOBIA is your nuisance.

I am not selling, I only shared my story and you think you can bully me. May you lack help in Life.

I can not share my story again without someone thinking I want to make sales.

PLS HELP YOUR BROKE LIFE AND GET ON FIVERR OR UPWORK and SEE PEOPLE WHO DEVELOP BOTS, and check if my username is there, I bought, I don't teach or sell.
YOUR INFERIOR INSECURITY now comes to attack my own opinion, you have failed in life.

You can't give a meaningful contribution, yet you attack another... biko, get your mental health checked. You gat nothing on me, no one on this platform has ever contacted me and I helped them or sold to them or taught them.

So Mr nosey, mind your bloody business

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Nickisindigo(m): 7:05am On Apr 08, 2023
Yes, but the qualities been looked for in a software engineer would change greatly as your problem solving skills, system design skills, data structure and algorithm skills are to be considered
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Joey4321: 7:16am On Apr 08, 2023
Yes. Cos chatgpt can't build the entire code from start to finish.... for now

Someone very smart and experienced still needs to put the pieces together.

So yes, everybody needs to skill up.

Right now, what it means is faster delivery time and less excuses

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by worried222: 9:49am On Apr 08, 2023
ChatGpt is not correct 100% of the time to begin with.
I’m speaking from experience, I have used it to solve some live coding challenges on DSA and in some cases it fails.

5 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by TOTOnigga: 10:13am On Apr 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

So the CODE is.....
All of una go just dey open mouth wahhh, like cow, dey talk nonsense... Go just dey mention machine learning anyhow, even the ones wey no sabi solve simple quadratic equation. You think sey Na web dev, front-end and back-end....Machine learning is not for dumbo's. It's for smart people who live, eat, and breath advanced mathematics....Abi you think machine learning is all about chat bot and trading bot? Una dey weak me for this section aswear and I don't blame you people at all.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by emoboy4u: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2023
TOTOnigga:
All of una go just dey open mouth wahhh, like cow, dey talk nonsense... Go just dey mention machine learning anyhow, even the ones wey no sabi solve simple quadratic equation. You think sey Na web dev, front-end and back-end....Machine learning is not for dumbo's. It's for smart people who live, eat, and breath advanced mathematics....Abi you think machine learning is all about chat bot and trading bot? Una dey weak me for this section aswear and I don't blame you people at all.
Baba, I dae follow you weak, I no go lie. "Learn machine learning so that you can build AI" as if na tailoring abi catering

8 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by dreamxhaser: 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
No one can seem to give a sound reply

So bosses

It's seems online jobs and freelance is dead. Be like an to go learn physical skill. Chaiii
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by AlligatorPepper: 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Questions like this gets me every time. Lol.

Only noobs will ask these kinds of question, or fear AI taking over their jobs.
The art of programming for a master goes way beyond the actual code/prompting an AI to write code for you.

Take Facebook for example, yes, GPT3/4 should be able to code the entire Facebook ONLY if you're:
1. Patient enough to ask it little by little.
2. Smart enough to know how to prompt it for the little individual functions and algorithm implementations that something like Facebook requires.

Only a highly skilled developer/programmer can use GPT to achieve anything near a rat's a$$. In no time, such skilled developer will realize that he's better off writing his own stuff than waiting for small bits by bits GTP churns out.

No doubt GPT will 40x speeden the work of skilled developers (I use gpt a lot these days BTW)

8 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by TOTOnigga: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
dreamxhaser:
No one can seem to give a sound reply

So bosses

It's seems online jobs and freelance is dead. Be like an to go learn physical skill. Chaiii
no ohh, dey wait for spiritual skill

1 Like

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
It's not to be honest. Next question please

2 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by silento(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

So the CODE is.....

Stop lying oga , ai that can't write a complete code for a full website

2 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Maj196(m): 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
Mumu question. If calculator did not stop the demand for mathematicians and math teachers. I don't think AI will.

6 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by XAUBulls: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
worried222:
ChatGpt is not correct 100% of the time to begin with.
I’m speaking from experience, I have used it to solve some live coding challenges on DSA and in some cases it fails.
Indeed.
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by XAUBulls: 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
Joey4321:
Yes. Cos chatgpt can't build the entire code from start to finish.... for now

Someone very smart and experienced still needs to put the pieces together.

So yes, everybody needs to skill up.

Right now, what it means is faster delivery time and less excuses
Indeed... The human interface with AI is still key for now until the AI technology gets more advanced beyond what currently exists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by XAUBulls: 10:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

So the CODE is.....
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by XAUBulls: 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

Check my handle pls before opening the gutter of a mouth you have.

YOUR PHOBIA is your nuisance.

I am not selling, I only shared my story and you think you can bully me. May you lack help in Life.

I can not share my story again without someone thinking I want to make sales.

PLS HELP YOUR BROKE LIFE AND GET ON FIVERR OR UPWORK and SEE PEOPLE WHO DEVELOP BOTS, and check if my username is there, I bought, I don't teach or sell.
YOUR INFERIOR INSECURITY now comes to attack my own opinion, you have failed in life.

You can't give a meaningful contribution, yet you attack another... biko, get your mental health checked. You gat nothing on me, no one on this platform has ever contacted me and I helped them or sold to them or taught them.

So Mr nosey, mind your bloody business
Well said.
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by yrhuhfy113: 11:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
silento:

Stop lying oga , ai that can't write a complete code for a full website

Next time don't publicize your ignorance globally, check it on youtube. GPT 4 works like magic
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Nobody: 1:30am On Apr 09, 2023
Something other devs are using to 10x their work speed, increase their knowledge base and make more money and create more opportunities for themselves you're here asking anyhow question.

If you don't do Web dev or software development were exactly will you run to?

For your information AI will touch, influence every profession known to man! Even the oldest of them prostitution... Better learn what you're learning in peace and improve your game.. progress and adapt with the world.

3 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by silento(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

Next time don't publicize your ignorance globally, check it on youtube. GPT 4 works like magic

Stop lying oga Ai can only give you hint on how to build and some basic code it can't build a full website

1 Like

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by codedtony(m): 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

So the CODE is.....
At least credit fireship
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Alphabyte2: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

So the CODE is.....

Wait for multitasking GPT-5 that can be connected across all devices (Mac , iOS, android, Linux,Unix , windows) and automate workflow humans will work less

1 Like

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Wait for multitasking GPT-5 that can be connected across all devices (Mac , iOS, android, Linux,Unix , windows) and automate workflow humans will work less

Humans won't work less

ChatGpt can't do shit on its own

You still need people to give it the prompt

I believe it's will create more Job opportunities... might not be the way you're currently looking at it.. but it will indeed create Jobs.

It was built to create wealth not make people poor or broke.

2 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Alphabyte2: 8:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

Humans won't work less

ChatGpt can't do shit on its own

You still need people to give it the prompt

I believe it's will create more Job opportunities... might not be the way you're currently looking at it.. but it will indeed create Jobs.

It was built to create wealth not make people poor or broke.

Autonomous Robots , surgeries research, drugs discoveries, autonomous vehicles, ships and autonomous spaceship will be controlled by GPT so the work will be less . All what we will be doing is just giving instructions (prompt) . Already prompt engineering is now a course on Udemy and other platforms.

1 Like

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Nickisindigo(m): 10:28am On Apr 10, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Autonomous Robots , surgeries research, drugs discoveries, autonomous vehicles, ships and autonomous spaceship will be controlled by GPT so the work will be less . All what we will be doing is just giving instructions (prompt) . Already prompt engineering is now a course on Udemy and other platforms.

Can you recommend any YouTube videos to learn prompt engineering coz I don't have money a udemy course
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Alphabyte2: 10:59am On Apr 10, 2023
Nickisindigo:

Can you recommend any YouTube videos to learn prompt engineering coz I don't have money a udemy course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxUroR57xs

https://github.com/dair-ai/Prompt-Engineering-Guide

1 Like

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by LikeAking: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
dreamxhaser:
Experts in the house, will you advise anyone to go into tech at this age/point in time?

There are now AIs that can code and do all that.

Don't go into tech...

Linda Ikeji no Sabi coding yet she makes money. IT is bigger than coding. Coding sef dey learn work.

2 Likes

Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by LikeAking: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Lolz..

Na only prompt?
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by Alphabyte2: 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
LikeAking:

Lolz..

Na only prompt?

I think imitation gesture algorithm might be added based LLM problem solving models
Re: With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. by LikeAking: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
It's very difficult to understand maths without a purpose. That's the weakness of maths, most of them what you're solving can't solve any problem in real life, so must people are not interested in it. I am a good example.

Even pure of the pure arts student can code and understand complicated DSA, how come?

Computer codes soleve real life problems so we they realate with it, they can see what they are building physically, compared to maths.

Machine learning is not a big deal as most of you think, when you start it, you will even understand what ever maths is attached to it, cos you are solving a real life problem.

Learn ML if you want... Don't be scared.

3D artist and co, may even know and understand basic geometry than most mathematicians... How come?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Microsoft Access And Excel / Java: Help! / Robotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.