Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu (4448 Views)

I Want A Woman To Succeed Me – Tinubu / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu / Nobody Can Intimidate Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by aloyemeka1: 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2011
[size=14pt]CCB probe: I can’t be intimidated –Tinubu[/size]
…Says Lagos Speaker honest
By UCHE USIM
Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Former Lagos State governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has said he is not losing sleep over his anticipated appearance before the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) to clear the air on the allegations of running several foreign accounts while he ruled Lagos State between 1999 and 2007.

Answering questions from aviation correspondents in Lagos yesterday evening, Tinubu said he could not be intimidated by the move, adding that it was simply an attempt to silence him as a leading opposition voice to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The former Lagos State governor wondered why the government in power was bent on practicing democracy in a hostile environment it had created, by trying to suppress divergent views on matters of national interest.

According to him, the CCB probe was a politically motivated one, just as he described the Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly, Adeyemi Ikuforiji, as an honest man whose ongoing probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was also fuelled by politics of bitterness.
Tinubu further said he would not say much on the embattled speaker as the matter was already in court.

The former Lagos State Governor described himself as a victim of political persecution as he was slammed with a treason charge during the dark days of military dictatorship of the General Sani Abacha era.
He also said the timing was suspect as the leading political party was desperately looking for anything to silence the opposition party.
On the matter involving the Speaker, Lagos State House of Assembly, he said: “The matter is under investigation and it is in court. We have confidence that the speaker is not a fraudulent person.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/20/national-20-09-2011-004.html
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Beaf: 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2011
"Intimidated!" Lol!

The man should simply go to court to answer the charge. The rule of law is only intimidating to criminals.

In fact there is nothing more out of place and damaging to a man of Tinubu's standing as the leader of a political party than insinuating that the law is there to intimidate the innocent. We are not in the jungle, please sir, go quietly to answer the charges in court. It is for the judge to pronounce the accused guilty or not guilty, not the pages of newspapers, town criers or fevered hoards in the village square.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by HighChief4(m): 12:06am On Sep 21, 2011
We shall soon know grin grin grin
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by mitofag: 12:31am On Sep 21, 2011
Thats what they all say until they are faced with the reality of life behind bars, away from the billions of dollars stashed in their Swiss accounts.

GEJ, please lock this guy up for good.

Let him go become Asiwaju in Prison.

Goob bye Asiwaju. The streets of Isale - Eko would definitely miss you.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Sep 21, 2011
Na wa oo!!! Na only this man dey naija? Every other month, im dey get issue. ah ah!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by thirdeye(m): 7:35am On Sep 21, 2011
Tinubu if you are clean then you don't need to fret yourself over court charges. Of course you and every Nigerian knows you can't come out unscathed. , grin grin grin
Why must every politician thief?
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by PointB: 7:41am On Sep 21, 2011
lol,
The guy is already pissing in his pants yet he claim he is not intimidated. Anyway, a clear conscience fears not reprisal. Let's see how it goes.
As for Kuforiji, we shall know if indeed it was politics of bitterness or politics of money. Crooked olodo! grin grin
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by fm7070: 7:57am On Sep 21, 2011
it is just a shame that this toothless bulldog (EFCC) are fond of raising unecessary alarm without concrete evidence. They should learn from CIA and FBI who would have been watching and monitoring a criminal over time. By the time they will call him for interogation, their investigation is already concluded.
Raising unecessary alarm will only make the criminals to tidy up before time.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by PointB: 8:00am On Sep 21, 2011
fm7070:

it is just a shame that this toothless bulldog (EFCC) are fond of raising unecessary alarm without concrete evidence. They should learn from CIA and FBI who would have been watching and monitoring a criminal over time. By the time they will call him for interogation, their investigation is already concluded.
Raising unecessary alarm will only make the criminals to tidy up before time.

And you know for sure they dont have concrete evidence?.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 8:33am On Sep 21, 2011
Its good to know that Tinubu isnt on the run and is heading straight to the CCB- code of conduct bureau to clear his name.
my understanding is they want to determine if truly he was running foreign accounts while still the governor of Lagos. Someone kindly correct me if wrong plsss undecided
I just pray Justice will be welldone despite having a cash and carry Judiciary.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by mulumele(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2011
Is it OBJ that is intimidating him again with CCB?
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by DaDoctor: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2011
HOW CAN HE BE INTIMIDATED? AFTERALL HE HAS THE BELOW ACCOUNTS AS PUBLISHED;

•Citibank International New-York Account Name–Bola Tinubu, Account No–52050-89451952 and 52050-89451953
•HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street London, WIW 6QJ. Account Name–Sen. Bola Tinubu, Account No–71253670 SORT Code–40-03-15 • HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street, London, WIW 6QJ. Account Name–Sen. Bola Oluremi Tinubu Account No–1253670 SORT Code–40-03-15 •HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street London, WIW 6OJ.

Account Name–Sen. Bola Tinubu–Money Market Account No–04320002DN. •HSBC, 177 Great Portland Street, London, WIW 6OJ. Account - Tinubu Habibat Oyindamola (Miss) Account No. – 1320960111
• HSBC 177 Great Portland Street, London WIW 60J, Account Name- Tinubu Zainab Abisola (Miss) Account No. – 172447101 •HSBC 177 Great Portland Street London WIW 60JAccount Name- Tinubu Oluremi Shade Account No. – 1916667988, and •HSBC 177 Great Portland Street London WIW 60J Account Name- Oluremi Shade Tinubu Account No. - 41421522
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by kukulaja: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2011
law is always intimidating to all kinds of criminals, so , alhaji bola ahmed sangodele now [tinubu], u better keep quiet and stop fooling yourself, face of a rogue.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by agitator: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2011
classic

All the yoriba dudes suddenly went quiet. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

including Eko ile and Ileke id

If it was a post about GEJ it would have attracted more than a hundred posts.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Vavavoom(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2011
Behind every great wealth there's great crime. No, Tinubu none can, because your accusers have amassed great wealth from their crimes against fellow citizens, too. The thing is all of ''you'' are opportunistic thieves riding on the docility of a tribalistic populace. Credible opposition? I laugh in Swahili. Just one criminal mind jostling for some crumbs from the table of the monster criminal. A ''Credible opposition'' that went to bed with the devilish pdp and delivered the SW states to Jonathan on the principle of tomorrow's porridge is anything but credible. In saner climes all of una together with una family would have been paraded in daylight and shot.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by aloyemeka1: 11:16am On Sep 21, 2011
agitator:

classic

All the yoriba dudes suddenly went quiet.  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What do you want them to say?
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Demdem(m): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2011
^^^^
I'm Yoruba and there is nothing to say than Tinubu to go to the tribunal as promised and clear his name. What else do u want to hear
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by cgift(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2011
aloy/emeka:

What do you want them to say?

The words THIEF and SAINT does not have tribe. You find them everywhere. All tribalists and bigots should keep quite please.

A suspect remains innocent until proven otherwise.

So, guys grow up and dont attach any tribal colouration to these.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by agitator: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2011
Vavavoom:

Behind every great wealth there's great crime. No, Tinubu none can, because your accusers have amassed great wealth from their crimes against fellow citizens, too. T[b]he thing is all of ''you'' are opportunistic thieves riding on the docility of a tribalistic populace.[/b] Credible opposition? I laugh in Swahili. Just one criminal mind jostling for some crumbs from the table of the monster criminal. A ''Credible opposition'' that went to bed with the devilish pdp and delivered the SW states to Jonathan on the principle of tomorrow's porridge is anything but credible. In saner climes all of una together with una family would have been paraded in daylight and shot.

Thank you my brother. wink wink wink wink
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by walex2(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
agitator:

classic

All the yoriba dudes suddenly went quiet. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

it a shame dat as highly educated as we are we the younger generation can still be tribalising an issue of national importance like this what a pity! i wonder what lies in the future of this country.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
After taking lagos to the cleaners and still does on a daily basis via ASIWAJU CORPORATION OF NIGERIA (ACN) he had the gut to talk about intimidation and opposition! A man that ought to be in jail already for all his fraudulent acts, he should answer to his crimes but i hope wouldnt buy his way out. ACN is his front for personal grand enrichment/embezzlement/fraud/quest for power. He is chairman/ceo while the acn governors/lawmakers and others within the party heirachy are the means to achieve his quests.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Kolababa: 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
Some people on this nairaland are intellectual morons. They only published the account numbers without letting us know the balance in the accounts. They ought to have published the account statements so that we will know if he was running the account while in office.
I learnt that these accounts were opened before he became governor.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by DaDoctor: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
Kolababa:

Some people on this nairaland are intellectual morons. They only published the account numbers without letting us know the balance in the accounts. They ought to have published the account statements so that we will know if he was running the account while in office.
I learnt that these accounts were opened before he became governor.

YOU ARE THE GREATER FOOL. THE LAW STATES THAT THEY DONT OPERATE ANY ACCOUNT. WEDA IT HAS ONE DOLS OR POUNDS OR NOT.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by snakova(m): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
like it or not, tinubu is the best man to run this country. He knows how to deal with the corrupt top brass we have in this country. if its not a witch hunt, why not immediately after his tenure as governor? why make it after cleansing the judiciary of the ruling party's main enemy
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Gbawe: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
agitator:

classic

Keep fooling yourself. Those , like OBJ, who cannot win fair and square, with intellectual strategy and effort, now want to begin using the Government as their private toy to persecute their personal vendetta. We all saw OBJ doing this lawlessly when he was President yet , today, he is revealed as virtually the most corrupt man in Nigeria.

Yoruba ti se corner. E gba be !! Tinubu has spawned a political mentality that has grown bigger than him. We all saw this with how the SW voted . Only fools will think Yoruba = Tinubu. Losers who think recapturing the SW begin with the take-down of Tinubu are simply deluded. Odili disgraced Nigeria with how , minus zero immunity, he obtained an injunction , still standing till today, against EFCC arrest, detention and prosecution. It is at the door of characters like Odili that a serious Government will begin the fight against corruption and show that some are not above the law. Of course he is PDP so we know what that means. Let GEJ continue to listen to discredited dinosaurs who only know how to do things "do or die" . The problems of this Government are many and growing.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by mitofag: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^

Hey, how is Tinubu holding up?

Are you planning on moving in with him to Kuje or what?

What are you still doing on NL?

Remember: Eyele kin ba oni le je, ko ba onile mu, kowa di ojo isoro, ko yeri.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by HighChief4(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
Da Doctor:

YOU ARE THE GREATER FOOL. THE LAW STATES THAT THEY DONT OPERATE ANY ACCOUNT. WEDA IT HAS ONE DOLS OR POUNDS OR NOT.

You shouldnt have bothere replying that f0ol, some people are always looking for a way to exunerate their evil masters
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by PointB: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
Gbawe and long story. Let me summarise: Tinubu has a case to answer but government should have started with Odili. So government shld put aside all the evidence they have against Tinubu until they are able to build a case against Odili? What a warped logic? I laugh in intellect.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by mitofag: 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

Gbawe and long story. Let me summarise: Tinubu has a case to answer but government should have started with Odili. So government shld put aside all the evidence they have against Tinubu until they are able to build a case against Odili? What a warped logic? I laugh in intellect.

I laugh at Gbawe in fake Chicago degree.

We will definitely miss Tinubu.  Who is gonna give Gbawe his pocket money when Tinubu is off to the big house?
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Gbawe: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2011
mitofag:

I laugh at Gbawe in fake Chicago degree.

We will definitely miss Tinubu.  Who is gonna give Gbawe his pocket money when Tinubu is gone to the big house?

You must be mistaking me for Beaf and other jobless hacks. There is nothing I need that I do not have already . Let us just leave it at that .

PointB:

The joke is one you. The biggest criminals surround GEJ. Many of them (Anenih et al) are directly responsible for the blood of Nigerians. OBJ swallowed billions of dollars through the NIPP scheme yet not one megawatt gained !!!! Those around GEJ deserve far more immediate and urgent prosecution and punishment.  Yet Tinubu, the opposition politician who has taken the SW away from the PDP and wants to keep using his Party's appreciable number in the NASS (eg Tambuwal scenario) to prevent the ruling Party getting its way as was always the case, is now top of the list. Bright folks will discern why. I dey laff at 7 years single tenure (next NASS "heart and soul" battle)  wink wink

One thing with GEJ is that he follows advise within thinking. The OBJ visit to the relative of the slain Boko Haram member is an example . Even a child knows that OBJ is the last person the current sponsors of Boko Haram would want to see . Let us see how this Tinubu affair plays out.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by PointB: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2011
Gbawe thieves are thieves the order in which the are rounded up is immaterial. Every dog has it day. Today it's tinubu's turn tommorow maybe obj or anenih but surely they will all answer. U shldn't be bitter that tinubu is on the agenda now, If u were as smart as u claim, u shld have seen it coming. Deal with it friend.
Re: CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu by Gbawe: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
PointB:

Gbawe thieves are thieves the order in which the are rounded up is immaterial. Every dog has it day. Today it's tinubu's turn tommorow maybe obj or anenih but surely they will all answer. U shldn't be bitter that tinubu is on the agenda now, If u were as smart as u claim, u shld have seen it coming. Deal with it friend.

My brother, we all dey for here. No shaking !!! We have seen it all before . Chickens don't give birth to Cats.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surrounded By Chad N Cameroon Forces, Bokoharam Negotiates Surrender Of 40,000 / Lokoja-okene Road Is No Go Route. Travelers Take Note / Biafra: We Told Buhari That Nnamdi Kanu Is From England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.