Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court (3614 Views)

Kano APC Crisis: Ganduje’s Faction Loses In Court, Again / No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors / APC Loses In All 14 Lgas Where Adamawa Supplementary Poll Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Ndlistic(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
No refund after payment’: Peace Mass Transit loses in court

Transport company, Peace Mass Transit has lost its legal battle in a matter bordering on refund of money to passengers for trips not undertaken.

The incident that led to the suit occurred on the 10th of February, 2021, when the Plaintiff, Patrick C. Chukwuma purchased a ticket from the Obollor-Afor branch of Peace Mass Transit Limited to convey him to Enugu.

Following a two hours delay occasioned by the absence of passengers, the Plaintiff returned to the ticketing office and asked for a refund of the N500 he paid as the transportation fare.

However, staff of the Defendant refused to refund the money, insisting that their company policy was that money paid for transport fare cannot be returned to the passenger and citing the statement written on their ticket to that effect as conclusive proof of their position.

When the Plaintiff tried to explain to them that their policy was unlawful, as the law mandates them to refund fares for services that have not been provided they retorted in a rude manner, prompting the learned counsel to leave their park and seek alternative means of traveling back to Enugu.

A letter written by the lawyer to the Peace Mass Group of companies demanding an apology and refund was neglected, prompting the lawyers law firm to institute the action.

Delivering its judgement, the Court through Hon. Justice C.O. Ajah declared the no refund policy as illegal, null and void in light of the provisions of Sections 120, 104, 129 (1) (a) and (b) (iii) of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Act, 2018.

The court further ordered the Defendant to pay the sum of N500,000 as damages to the Plaintiff.

Meanwhile, many Nigerians have been reacting to the judgment, describing it as an end to impunity among service providers.

Source: Coal city connect.

Cc
Nlfpmod

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by otuomasirichi: 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by suckmedownthere(f): 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
You did not provide any service but you don't want to refund my money,isnt that witchcraft??

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by nlreserve: 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
The source

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by kadil(m): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
And these people have been eating our money illegally

13 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Ulorma: 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
suckmedownthere:
You did not provide any service but you don't want to refund my money,isnt that witchcraft??

The audacity those transport companies operate with

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by LivingSage: 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
This should be deterrent to others

9 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by nifemi25(m): 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
Why is it difficult for them to refund when the client couldn't embark on the journey due to his own personal reasons .....

It seems it high time we will all be taking them to court for fine

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Franzinni: 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
Sweet
Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by chatinent: 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
Is it the same Peace Mass and Accidents or another one?

5 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Adeolaeniola(m): 8:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
Omo... This judgment sweet my belle

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by eteebanky1: 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
They've no right to delay that passenger, they ought to refund the money to the passenger

Just #500 peace mass,nawa for Una oo

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by youngbabaj(m): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
They just lost 499,500k
Sweet cash

Make i go try GIG

16 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by HilcomTech(m): 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
S/E are known for all kinds of dubious ways

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by hgnbello(m): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
nifemi25:
Why is it difficult for them to refund when the client couldn't embark on the journey due to his own personal reasons .....

It seems it high time we will all be taking them to court for fine
It wasn't his own personal reasons.
it was because no passengers nd they delayed the man for 2hrs

4 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by MindHacker9009(m): 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
suckmedownthere:

Hmm! To suckyoudownthere is
witchcraft too o! But to fuckyoudownthere is ok

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Beremx(f): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
Old news.

But the news sweet me die 😂😂

3 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by SmartPolician: 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
This happened many years ago.

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by PlayerMeji: 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
I love this development... businesses should be taken to court when they err...

Next one the line should be banks and government establishments

4 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Benki003(m): 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
Easy cash out for boys 😂😂😂
Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by safarifarms(m): 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 09, 2023
That thrash should be scrapped from invoices
Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by correctyourself(m): 4:50am On Apr 09, 2023
Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Zupay: 6:17am On Apr 09, 2023
Last Friday evening, I was to travel back to my base here in the UK which was about one hour bus ride with a National Express bus. There was a 2 hours delay because I later got to know that there way an accident that affected traffic. I call their customer care and was releasing my frustration on their staff, I finally boarded the bus and the next day (yesterday) I called their customer care again to "rant" over how they messed my Friday evening and I was told that based on the call I made on Friday, there is a note that I should be refunded the money for that ticket and given a free ticket for the same route (which I frequent) as compensation for the inconveniences, so I got my refund yesterday and a free ticket I will be using on Tuesday.

6 Likes

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by decub: 6:23am On Apr 09, 2023
This is interesting.

I'm more interested in banks refund cos their own eh...
Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:51am On Apr 09, 2023
suckmedownthere:
It’s more of an ibo thing sorry to say
Urbanchampion:
Typical Igbo policy! They notoriously wicked for this obnoxious law. Just yesterday, I bought some items from an Igbo man store in Gudu, some of the items were surplus to requirements, rather than the guy to take his items and refund my money in peace, heyold me how he has sent the money to China, asking me to wait, until he gets his goods sold, before he can refund my money. I had to call security agent for him and the market union people had to come in , before he grudgingly refunded my money
They never refund unless they see you are ready to cause serious trouble or you bring soldiers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Zupay: 6:58am On Apr 09, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
It’s more of an ibo thing sorry to say

I guess you came to this conclusion, after visiting every bus park in every State in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by chicoMX(m): 7:00am On Apr 09, 2023
This is good, but if I sue EEDC would the verdict be the same?
Re: No Refund After Payment’: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court by Kooldon(f): 7:16am On Apr 09, 2023
How dem take 500 naira come lose 500,000 naira dey funny me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Court Actually Remove A Sitting President / BREAKING: APC Declares Osun State Governor, Adeleke Missing / Wabara: Why Are Igbo Forests Not For Tourism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.