Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. (5980 Views)

My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:02am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
Tacitus and soeticus and Pliny and Josephus and Origen and the Babylonian Talmud verifies a Christ at a certain period of time. You just keep fooling yourself by saying it was Judas or tracing it to one man that lived several millenia then.
There are secular proof which you have seen
Olodo
You want us to believe that Judas was the christ but Jesus that was said to be executed according to the same author was actually a myth?
Mentedness is a disease
Animaljah

Which certain period of time?
When did Iesus chrestus live?
When did he die?

Tacitus and Suetonius was talking about Chrestians wjo burnt down Rome.
Pliny was talking about Chrestians who are pagan worshippers.
Josephus was talking about judas of Galilee who was a chrestus.
Jospehus wrote a whole book about judas of Galilee but didn’t write his death but we have interpolations of jesus death, Josephus didn’t write about all the heroics of Iesus chrestus but his death? Think na
James the brother of jesus was killed in what century?

You have no evidence of your jargons, even the ones you posted are riddled with forgety,
I wonder who is the doing the altering?

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:05am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Well
According to your own dictionary definition
No wonder why I n Max have never seen anyone on this platform thst share your line of thought cos the level of ignorance you show is too much

Satan commissioned atheism for people who lack common sense but the irony of it is that atheists are blindfolded thinking they're in possession of common sense.
How can any right thinking person claim his sensibility is same with his neighbour (common) yet they both finds it really difficult to cohabit peacefully when talking about right and wrong?
The very essence of common sense is the ability to think alike and come to the same conclusion regarding right and wrong but atheist wants to exclude the role of a SUPREME BEING so how can there be unism when each person chooses to justify his or her own opinion without a central unit of control regarded as SUPREME?
So the only concept that makes atheists feel OK is the idea that they're not controlled but in reality Satan has captured each of them and hidden each in a separate cage or box that's why they can never ever come to an agreement on anything worthwhile, each time they want to claim they own scientific discoveries i laugh at them because they're just trying to console themselves in their delusion! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:06am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I be boy
I agree
You be man
Displaying mentedness
So wisdom is not by age as you can see

Roman historians even wrote about the Chrestus himself
For several centuries, no one doubted the existence of the Chrestus
You yourself attribute it to someone else and you now say it's propaganda
See your life
Contradicting yourself as you yourself said it was a product of Christian interpolation or the European Fathers
Now you say it is a Roman Propaganda
We're the Jewish Gospel writers Romans or Jews?
Age does not necessarily mean one is wise

You are an animal bro that is a slave to watchtower and his baldheads.
Worthless animal.

What does chrestus mean?
Isis is also a chrestus.
Read and listen. Your New Testament is a Roman Propaganda.
Which centuries are you talking about?

Which jewish gospel?
The jews already have their tanakh that’s why they reject the New Testament that was created in 4th century, even Iesus chrestus is said to read tanakh according to the story in New Testament.

An Animal will always behave like one

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:07am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

You brought up Tacitus that was talking about Chrestians, Suetonius was talking about Chrestians.
All your evidence of iesus chrestus is false!
Ask yourself who are the Chrestians this historian are referring to?
Who burnt down rome during Nero period?

Ment man want us to believe that Mithridates chrestus who lived many centuries before Jesus came or even the Roman empire was born was actually the one executed by Tiberius

Everywhere in the internet blamed Nero as the one behind the burning of Rome

Is it the Mythical Rome?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Unlike you I don’t believe books, Mark is the earliest gospel written by an UNKNOWN AUTHORS, and the other gospels copied Mark, why do you think they call it “synoptic”? Illiterate

If not for illiteracy, you’ll know there’s no evidence of Iesus chrestus outside the New Testament that was created and meant for CHRESTIANS grin

You don't believe books but you can quote from them
Ment pro max
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:10am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Worthless animal.

What does chrestus mean?
Isis is also a chrestus.

Which jewish gospel?
The jews already have their tanakh that’s why they reject the New Testament that was created in 4th century, even Iesus chrestus is said to read tanakh according to the story in New Testament.

Why are you cutting short the images?
Cos you kniw they don't bring up anything that match up your points

The Jews that did not believe in Jesus, persecuted his followers will keep writings that talks Jesus which will likely cause many to put faith in him?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:11am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Ment man want us to believe that Mithridates chrestus who lived many centuries before Jesus came or even the Roman empire was born was actually the one executed by Tiberius

Everywhere in the internet blamed Nero as the one behind the burning of Rome

Is it the Mythical Rome?

I’m telling you chrestus is a common name for gods in greek.
Animaljah want to tell me the brother of james is jesus yet we read in Josephus work that james father was judas of Galilee and his sons were james, simon and menahem, menahem was also called a chrestus.
Only if you read the Josephus book and not cherry-pick a interpolated part you’ll have knowledge of it.

Where in the internet did they say nero burnt rome?

several ex-consuls did not venture to lay hands on his (Nero's) chamberlains although they caught them on their estates with tow and fire-brands... (Suetonius, The Life of Nero)”
It was chrestians that burnt rome

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Animaljah

Which certain period of time?
When did Iesus chrestus live?
When did he die?

Tacitus and Suetonius was talking about Chrestians wjo burnt down Rome.
Pliny was talking about Chrestians who are pagan worshippers.
Josephus was talking about judas of Galilee who was a chrestus.
Jospehus wrote a whole book about judas of Galilee but didn’t write his death but we have interpolations of jesus death, Josephus didn’t write about all the heroics of Iesus chrestus but his death? Think na
James the brother of jesus was killed in what century?

You have no evidence of your jargons, even the ones you posted are riddled with forgety,
I wonder who is the doing the altering?

You don't believe books but are quoting from them?
grin
De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 7:12am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Well
According to your own dictionary definition
No wonder why I n Max have never seen anyone on this platform thst share your line of thought cos the level of ignorance you show is too much
i don't have faith like you.

Like I said, it is just another word for ignorance.

What I have is the knowledge of God and self...

And you don't have it...that's why you resorted to faith..
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 7:14am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Jesus was also a jew
So ask them too

But the Jews are saying they never knew him
If he was Jewish, he would have kept the Torah.

He should have known Gods divine commandments...and kept them...
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:14am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Why are you cutting short the images?
Cos you kniw they don't bring up anything that match up your points

The Jews that did not believe in Jesus, persecuted his followers will keep writings that talks Jesus which will likely cause many to put faith in him?

Why don’t you google and screenshot the remaining part that don’t add up?

The jews are meant to believe jesus in 6BC? They are not dumb like you.
Jews practice shema yisrael, when they asked jesus what was the greatest commandment in New Testament what did he say?

Jews are not Believers

Animaljah

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:15am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You don't believe books but are quoting from them?
grin
De play

This just shows you are dummy.
I know books I don’t believe it, I know story books I don’t believe it, I’m not a believer.
If not for brainwashing, quoting facts means believing hahahaha
Animaljah seek for knowledge not beliefs.

When you send your children to school, tell them to believe their books instead, Believer cheesy

I ask again, who is the father of james the “brother of jesus” according to Josephus?
Now, who are the other brothers of James according to Josephus? cheesy

Don’t cherry pick parts cheesy

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:18am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You don't believe books but are quoting from them? grin De play

I wonder o! undecided

How can someone say "i don't believe (trust) what was written in books" yet quoting them to convince others that he has a point?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:20am On Apr 13, 2023
If not for lack of common sense, how is believe and trust the same thing?
The people I’m quoting just woke up to write history on their bed abi cheesy

All these watchtower slaves sha that have been indoctrinated to be believers

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

The two highlighted is contradictory!

Faith is the assured expectations of what is hoped for the evident demonstration of realities though not seen! Hebrews 11:1
Can you prove God exist when nobody can see him? Ọmọ that's what FAITH is all about! wink
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

This just shows you are dummy.
I know books I don’t believe it, I know story books I don’t believe it, I’m not a believer.
If not for brainwashing, quoting facts means believing hahahaha
Animaljah seek for knowledge not beliefs.

When you send your children to school, tell them to believe their books instead, Believer cheesy

I ask again, who is the father of james the “brother of jesus” according to Josephus?
Now, who are the other brothers of James according to Josephus? cheesy

Don’t cherry pick parts cheesy

You're quoting from a storybook, mind you
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You're quoting from a storybook, mind you

The one you are using to prove Iesus chrestus exist?

“several ex-consuls did not venture to lay hands on his (Nero's) chamberlains although they caught them on their estates with tow and fire-brands... (Suetonius, The Life of Nero)”
Chrestians were responsible for burning Rome.

There were no Christians during Nero Time, but instead, an imperial cult called Chrestianity; this became much like the Mafia and was responsible for starting Rome Fire, to aid in property speculation.
Chrestianity started as Greco-Roman.

Who is doing the altering?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:38am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Jews practice shema yisrael, when they asked jesus what was the greatest commandment in New Testament what did he say?

Jews are not Believers

Animaljah

Jesus was still a child in 6BC
Would thry have handed him over to the Romans whrn thry believed in him?

Shame
You're older
Be smart
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Jews are not Believers

Animaljah
My bad
Jesus was not on earth by 6BC
I mistook BC for CE
BY 6 CE, he was a child
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:41am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Jesus was still a child in 6BC
Would thry have handed him over to the Romans whrn thry believed in him?

Shame
You're older
Be smart

Why should jews that have books thousands of years believe in a jewish boy in 6BC?

You are indoctrinated and conquered

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:42am On Apr 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

See as you eey think
Again, you're the only one of your kind on this forum

If I say that I have faith in my dad, my mum or in my employee at work, is it based on ignorance?
Yet you quote and argue from the Jewish standpoint when you say faith is ignorance
Shame
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:42am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

My bad
Jesus was not on earth by 6BC
I mistook BC for CE
BY 6 CE, he was a child

When was jesus born?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:43am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Animaljah want to tell me the brother of james is jesus yet we read in Josephus work that james father was judas of Galilee and his sons were james, simon and menahem, menahem was also called a chrestus.
Only if you read the Josephus book and not cherry-pick a interpolated part you’ll have knowledge of it.

several ex-consuls did not venture to lay hands on his (Nero's) chamberlains although they caught them on their estates with tow and fire-brands... (Suetonius, The Life of Nero)”

Ask Google who burned Rome
You have been consulting the internet since when you feel you can find something that suit you
Now that I asked you to search on who burned Rome, you are saying nonsense
Are you a 12 year old?
Maybe you don't believe in the internet as well
Wetin kwasan me
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:45am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

You said judas, not Jesus was the Chrestus
You later said mithridates
Now, chrestus is the common name for gods in Greek
Ok na
Small time, you will say Chrestus is the name of a village in your state
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Worthless animal.

What does chrestus mean?
Isis is also a chrestus.

Which jewish gospel?

Mythical Jews or historical Jews
The tanakh you call as forged a d myth is now what you defend cos they don't acknowledge Jesus
You're happy with that
Continue
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Ask Google who burned Rome
You have been consulting the internet since when you feel you can find something that suit you
Now that I asked you to search on who burned Rome, you are saying nonsense
Are you a 12 year old?
Maybe you don't believe in the internet as well
Wetin kwasan me

Chrestians burnt rome, look at what Suetonius said
“several ex-consuls did not venture to lay hands on his (Nero's) chamberlains although they caught them on their estates with tow and fire-brands... (Suetonius, The Life of Nero)”
Tacitcus also blamed Chrestians

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/neros-rome-burns

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The two highlighted is contradictory!

Faith is the assured expectations of what is hoped for the evident demonstration of realities though not seen! Hebrews 11:1
Can you prove God exist when nobody can see him? Ọmọ that's what FAITH is all about! wink

God dwells inside of me...

I exist don't I?

If you doubt it, we can do a video call.

God is the universal consciousnesses....he is not a Jew up in the sky....
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:48am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

When was jesus born?

Historical Jesus or mythical Jesus?
Why are you interested in the year someone that does not exist to you, a product of Roman propaganda, was born?
No be juju be dat
By the way, I won't tell you
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:49am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Why should jews that have books thousands of years believe in a jewish boy in 6BC?

You are indoctrinated and conquered
Again, Jesus was not on earth in 6 BC
Keep quoting books you don't believe in
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Mythical Jews or historical Jews
The tanakh you call as forged a d myth is now what you defend cos they don't acknowledge Jesus
You're happy with that
Continue
Where did you read about Iesus chrestus?

Don’t christians also use the forged tanakh they call Old Testament?
When they ask jesus what was the greatest commandment what did he say?

We also know of christians destroying the site of mithridates, even some of the oldest churches was built over mithridates temple.

Let’s look up yahweh history via google or you rather believe in your books and worship israelite god cheesy

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

The one you are using to prove Iesus chrestus exist?

Chrestians were responsible for burning Rome.

There were no Christians during Nero Time, but instead, an imperial cult called Chrestianity; this became much like the Mafia and was responsible for starting Rome Fire, to aid in property speculation.
Chrestianity started as Greco-Roman.

Who is doing the altering?

There were no Christians but they burned Rome
It's ok
Again, you have not given proof that Rome was burned by Chrestians
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:50am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Again, Jesus was not on earth in 6 BC
Keep quoting books you don't believe in

When was jesus born?
We can trace it to the time of the priests that Josephus mentioned in his book
Or did you only read the interpolated part talking about iesus?
Why not the pages before and after it grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Is Expected Of A Minister's (pastor) Wife / Catholic Priests Can Now Marry And Still Remain Priests / Pope Francis Hosts Feathered Serpent God As Part Of Deity Exchange Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.