Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. (5575 Views)

My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 4:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Ment guy

Historical or fictional Iesus chrestus?

Animal guy
Where did you read Iesus chrestus from?
New Testament?
What’s the oldest New Testament?
What does it say about Iesus chrestus?

Animal!

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by sonmvayina(m): 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Give me two eyewitness accounts of Elijah, Jeremiah and Moses so I will believe they existed

You don't answer a question with a question.

In any case, you can ask the Jews...

I am not Jewish..
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Lol
Someone said his reference was only in one sentence
You said the Chrestus was Judas and not Jesus cos Josephus only mentioned of his death.
You de ment
You said there was no single reference
you're clutching at straws
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Is God the author of Josephus deposition that you said he was not able to keep the book clean?
What a shame
Ok. Lets leave the TF. Lets face the Bible. How come such a 'Holy book' has undergone many additions and subtractions? Do you think such a book would be reliable enough to base your entire life on?

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

No
Their writings on perishable materials could have been kept till this day na
Shame
Are you aware many writings even older than the Bible are still intact?

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Jerusalem or Yerushalayim refers to the same thing
Same with Jesus or Ieous or Yeshua
Can you write in Hebrew?
You said since J was added in 1524, therefore Jerusalem is non existent. That's daft. We know both names are correct, one was ancient and the other modern
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

You said since J was added in 1524, therefore Jerusalem is non existent. That's daft. We know both names are correct, one was ancient and the other modern

I have never mentioned anything like your first comments
Quote the guy that had issues with Y and J

Again, how do you write that in HEBREW LETTERS?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Are you aware many writings even older than the Bible are still intact?

I am well aware
Mention them and quote from them
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ok. Lets leave the TF. Lets face the Bible. How come such a 'Holy book' has undergone many additions and subtractions? Do you think such a book would be reliable enough to base your entire life on?

It is something that Isa answered but instead of wasting time, I'll refer you to Uncle Wiki
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

you're clutching at straws

Two of you are confused confusionists
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
sonmvayina:

You don't answer a question with a question.

In any case, you can ask the Jews...

I am not Jewish..

Jesus was also a jew
So ask them too
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
Maynman:

Animal guy
Where did you read Iesus chrestus from?
New Testament?
What’s the oldest New Testament?
What does it say about Iesus chrestus?

Animal!

Whether na Iesus chrestus or yeye chrestus or ABC chrestus, you are the one providing more evidence to back the historicuty of someone you call a myth
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
Maynman:

Animal guy can’t prove that Iesus chrestus exist outside the New Testament.
You are just jargons, you are not coherent with yourself.

Calm down and communicate.

grin grin grin
Delusional person providing articles and disagreeing with them where he does not like
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
sonmvayina:

Faith is just a fancy word for ignorance..

Why is it so hard to provide the solid evidence?

Provide it..

Well
According to your own dictionary definition
No wonder why I n Max have never seen anyone on this platform thst share your line of thought cos the level of ignorance you show is too much
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
Maynman:

You mentioned four what?
Who are the “Chrestians”?
Are you dumb?

Dumb
Now, where are the Chrestians from the image you posted or the god you mentioned they worshipped or that they have any connections with mithridates? I pity your future... Oh, you said life has no purpose or meaning. Why should I pity something you don't have
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
Regarding whether Jesus existed or not, lemme drop this link as it cites quotes and references from well-known and respected historians

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2016-10&pub=g16&srcid=share
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2023
Maynment and Ape doctor
Come and read

Why Is There Not More Secular Support on Jesus death and resurrection ?
Given the profound influence that Jesus had on the world, should we expect more in the way of contemporary non-Biblical corroboration? Not necessarily. For one thing, the Gospels were written almost 2,000 years ago. Few other writings of that time have survived. (1 Peter 1:24, 25) Then, too, it is unlikely that Jesus’ many opposers would write anything that would lend credibility to the reports about him.

Regarding Jesus’ resurrection, Peter, one of his apostles, explained: “God raised this one up on the third day and allowed him to become manifest, not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead.” (Acts 10:40, 41) Why not to all the people? Matthew’s Gospel tells us that when the religious enemies heard reports of Jesus’ resurrection, they schemed to suppress them.​—Matthew 28:11-15.

Does this mean that Jesus wanted his resurrection to be kept secret? No, for Peter went on to say: “He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.” True Christians have done and are doing just that.​—Acts 10:42.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 12:47am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Whether na Iesus chrestus or yeye chrestus or ABC chrestus, you are the one providing more evidence to back the historicuty of someone you call a myth

back what historicity? Are you dumb?
You are so desperate any chrestus you see is referring to the one in the New Testament?
You can’t prove your creator existed grin

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 12:50am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

grin grin grin
Delusional person providing articles and disagreeing with them where he does not like

Indoctrinated animal, Which of my article agrees with what you like?
I’m still waiting for you to post your real sources from new authorship, or did you get it from JW.org website or is it from Wikipedia that said this?
Who is doing the altering?

When we are done, we will look up your creator, yahweh on Wikipedia hope you’ll agree with it and not disagree with what you don’t like.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 12:54am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Dumb
Now, where are the Chrestians from the image you posted or the god you mentioned they worshipped or that they have any connections with mithridates? I pity your future... Oh, you said life has no purpose or meaning. Why should I pity something you don't have

Who is mithridates chrestus? Is he a chrestian? cheesy
The people that burnt down rome were Chrestians and that’s who tactitus and Suetonius was referring to, Josephus was referring to judas of Galilee.
The New Testament you are basing your life on is a book for Chrestians.
y’all were first called “Chrestian” at antioch, watchtower slave is asking where are the Chrestian, not knowing Chrestianity evolved to Christianity.
I pity your worthless life… oh, you said your life has no purpose or use without Israelite deity. Well I would still pity the kids that will come out from you?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 12:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Dumb

I pity your worthless life… oh, you said your life has no purpose or use without Israelite deity, yahweh.
Well I would still pity the kids that will come out from you, will they also be a slave to the baldheads in watchtower and Yahweh??

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 12:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Maynment and Ape doctor
Come and read

Why Is There Not More Secular Support on Jesus death and resurrection ?
Given the profound influence that Jesus had on the world, should we expect more in the way of contemporary non-Biblical corroboration? Not necessarily. For one thing, the Gospels were written almost 2,000 years ago. Few other writings of that time have survived. (1 Peter 1:24, 25) Then, too, it is unlikely that Jesus’ many opposers would write anything that would lend credibility to the reports about him.

Regarding Jesus’ resurrection, Peter, one of his apostles, explained: “God raised this one up on the third day and allowed him to become manifest, not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead.” (Acts 10:40, 41) Why not to all the people? Matthew’s Gospel tells us that when the religious enemies heard reports of Jesus’ resurrection, they schemed to suppress them.​—Matthew 28:11-15.

Does this mean that Jesus wanted his resurrection to be kept secret? No, for Peter went on to say: “He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.” True Christians have done and are doing just that.​—Acts 10:42.
AnimalJah, the earliest gospel is Mark, other authors used marks gospels to write theirs, not to forget that all of the gospels were written by unknown authors.

Now what does the earliest book of mark say about Iesus chrestus and his resurrection cheesy

Even your forged books debunked you.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:47am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

AnimalJah, the earliest gospel is Mark, other authors used marks gospels to write theirs, not to forget that all of the gospels were written by unknown authors.

Now what does the earliest book of mark say about Iesus chrestus and his resurrection cheesy

Even your forged books debunked you.

Whether the earliest or not is your own problem to believe. You keep providing evidence and contradicting yourself instead of driving home the main point.
The hjstoricity of Jesus Christ
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Whether the earliest or not is your own problem to believe. You keep providing evidence and contradicting yourself instead of driving home the main point.
The hjstoricity of Jesus Christ
Unlike you I don’t believe books, Mark is the earliest gospel written by an UNKNOWN AUTHORS, and the other gospels copied Mark, why do you think they call it “synoptic”? Illiterate

If not for illiteracy, you’ll know there’s no evidence of Iesus chrestus outside the New Testament that was created and meant for CHRESTIANS grin

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

I pity your worthless life… oh, you said your life has no purpose or use without Israelite deity, yahweh.
Well I would still pity the kids that will come out from you, will they also be a slave to the baldheads in watchtower and Yahweh??

See how you reason
Na me mention the man before
You brought it up without giving any reasonable evidence why you bring it up and a man who lived loooooong before Jesus came. What is the connection between the man and Chrestians and why did you bring it up or what has he got to do with all your contradictions?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:51am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

The people that burnt down rome were Chrestians and that’s who tactitus and Suetonius was referring to, Josephus was referring to judas of Galilee.
The New Testament you are basing your life on is a book for Chrestians.
y’all were first called “Chrestian” at antioch, watchtower slave is asking where are the Chrestian, not knowing Chrestianity evolved to Christianity.
I pity your worthless life… oh, you said your life has no purpose or use without Israelite deity. Well I would still pity the kids that will come out from you?

Lol
I am not a random churchgoer that does not reason well in Bible characters
You just dropped an image describing one man and his family. What has it got to do with all we are talking about?

Shame on you old man
You said Chrestians worship one Sarapis
Now you mention Mithridates even though nothing is connected to him
Small time, you'll bring up article that connects them to Lord Lugard.
Continue
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 6:52am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

See how you reason
Na me mention the man before
You brought it up without giving any reasonable evidence why you bring it up and a man who lived loooooong before Jesus came. What is the connection between the man and Chrestians and why did you bring it up or what has he got to do with all your contradictions?

You brought up Tacitus that was talking about Chrestians, Suetonius was talking about Chrestians.
All your evidence of iesus chrestus is false!
Ask yourself who are the Chrestians this historian are referring to?
Who burnt down rome during Nero period?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:53am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Indoctrinated animal, Which of my article agrees with what you like?
I’m still waiting for you to post your real sources from new authorship, or did you get it from JW.org website or is it from Wikipedia that said this?
Who is doing the altering?

When we are done, we will look up your creator, yahweh on Wikipedia hope you’ll agree with it and not disagree with what you don’t like.

Mumu
Dispute what is in the link na
Attacking himself from all angle
Maynment that said his life has no purpose and meaning

That is reasonable for people like you that believe life came by accident. Anything that come by chance has no purpose. Basically, you have no purpose, no future, no hope, no direction
No wonder why you can't say anything meaningful to prove that atheism is the Way
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 6:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Lol
I am not a random churchgoer that does not reason well in Bible characters
You just dropped an image describing one man and his family. What has it got to do with all we are talking about?

Shame on you old man
You said Chrestians worship one Sarapis
Now you mention Mithridates even though nothing is connected to him
Small time, you'll bring up article that connects them to Lord Lugard.
Continue

You are a kingdom hall going that lacks the knowledge of the bible, lile a typical christian you believe books because they are call “bible”.

Shame on you boy.
The New Testament you are reading belongs to Chrestians.

We have many chrestus in history
We also have socrates chrestus
Isis chrestus.
Your Iesus chrestus also comes from there, you are worshipping a Roman propaganda.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 6:57am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

back what historicity? Are you dumb?
You are so desperate any chrestus you see is referring to the one in the New Testament?
You can’t prove your creator existed grin

Mumu
Tacitus and soeticus and Pliny and Josephus and Origen and the Babylonian Talmud verifies a Christ at a certain period of time. You just keep fooling yourself by saying it was Judas or tracing it to one man that lived several millenia then.
There are secular proof which you have seen
Olodo
You want us to believe that Judas was the christ but Jesus that was said to be executed according to the same author was actually a myth?
Mentedness is a disease
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 6:59am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
Dispute what is in the link na
Attacking himself from all angle
Maynment that said his life has no purpose and meaning

That is reasonable for people like you that believe life came by accident. Anything that come by chance has no purpose. Basically, you have no purpose, no future, no hope, no direction
No wonder why you can't say anything meaningful to prove that atheism is the Way

Mugu
The link has already disproved itself coming from watchtower.
Is this your real sources from real authorship? Bwahahahah
Animaljah that said his life is worthless and he is of no use without Israelite deity.

Please give me examples of things that comes by chance, which automatically makes them have no purpose?
Where does yahweh come from? From nothing so it has no purpose, so a deity that has no purpose is the one that created you Animaljah.
No wonder you are a slave to watchtower and baldheads, they give your life meaning.

Your saviour only exists in New Testament, you can’t prove him outside of it, you can only believe books, what a dumb theist

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:01am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

You are a kingdom hall going that lacks the knowledge of the bible, lile a typical christian you believe books because they are call “bible”.

Shame on you boy.
The New Testament you are reading belongs to Chrestians.

We have many chrestus in history
We also have socrates chrestus
Isis chrestus.
Your Iesus chrestus also comes from there, you are worshipping a Roman propaganda.

I be boy
I agree
You be man
Displaying mentedness
So wisdom is not by age as you can see

Roman historians even wrote about the Chrestus himself
For several centuries, no one doubted the existence of the Chrestus
You yourself attribute it to someone else and you now say it's propaganda
See your life
Contradicting yourself as you yourself said it was a product of Christian interpolation or the European Fathers
Now you say it is a Roman Propaganda
We're the Jewish Gospel writers Romans or Jews?
Age does not necessarily mean one is wise

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Can A Christian Do Plastic Surgery For Beauty Enhancement? / Why I Can Never Be An Atheist. / Prayer Points For Pregnant Woman In Expectation Of Safe Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.