Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,562 members, 7,861,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:37 PM

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. (5856 Views)

My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

When was jesus born?
We can trace it to the time of the priests that Josephus mentioned in his book
Or did you only read the interpolated part talking about iesus?
Why not the pages before and after it grin

The books you don't believe in told you that a myth character, a Roman propaganda was born in 6BC
Niw you seem interested
It's OK
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:52am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You said judas, not Jesus was the Chrestus
You later said mithridates
Now, chrestus is the common name for gods in Greek
Ok na
Small time, you will say Chrestus is the name of a village in your state

Judas of Galilee is a chrestus in JOSEPHUS book.
Chrestus is not a name but a title, even your christ is a title, David and saul are christs.

Chrestus means useful as i shown you, where did you see common name for gods?
Are you empty?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:52am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Where did you read about Iesus chrestus?

Don’t christians also use the forged tanakh they call Old Testament?
When they ask jesus what was the greatest commandment what did he say?

We also know of christians destroying the site of mithridates, even some of the oldest churches was built over mithridates temple.

Let’s look up yahweh history via google or you rather believe in your books and worship israelite god cheesy

There were no Christians in Nero time but now, na them de burn places?
It's OK
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

There were no Christians but they burned Rome
It's ok
Again, you have not given proof that Rome was burned by Chrestians

Chrestians burnt Rome according to tactitus and Suetonius cheesy

“several ex-consuls did not venture to lay hands on his (Nero's) chamberlains although they caught them on their estates with tow and fire-brands... (Suetonius, The Life of Nero)”

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:54am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

There were no Christians in Nero time but now, na them de burn places?
It's OK

Chrestians burnt Rome.
Y’all were called Chrestian at antioch tongue

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The books you don't believe in told you that a myth character, a Roman propaganda was born in 6BC
Niw you seem interested
It's OK
I don’t believe fact, I know it.
Josephus book was talking about Judas of Galilee.
The iesus chrestus in your New Testament is a Roman propaganda.
Are you this daft?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Judas of Galilee is a chrestus in JOSEPHUS book.
Chrestus is not a name but a title, even your christ is a title, David and saul are christs.

Chrestus means useful as i shown you, where did you see common name for gods?
Are you empty?

Mythical David and Saul or historical ones?
You don't believe that someone that lived 2000 years ago existed but you believe that the ones who existed about 3000 years ago existed?
De play

What Josephus wrote concerning Jesus was propaganda as Jesus was a myth
But what he wrote concerning judas is true?
De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

I don’t believe fact, I know it.
Josephus book was talking about Judas of Galilee.
The iesus chrestus in your New Testament is a Roman propaganda.
Are you this daft?

He does not believe something
He KNOWS it
Cos he has seen what suits him or he was there

De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:57am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Mythical David and Saul or historical ones?
You don't believe that someone that lived 2000 years ago existed but you believe that the ones who existed about 3000 years ago existed?
De play

What Josephus wrote concerning Jesus was propaganda as Jesus was a myth
But what he wrote concerning judas is true?
De play

The ones in the tanakh, who said david and saul existed? Are you dumb.
Read what i said “ Chrestus is not a name but a title, even your christ is a title, David and saul are chrestus according to tanakh.

So Daft, let’s google yahweh, the storm god is everywhere on the internet
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Chrestians burnt Rome.
Y’all were called Chrestian at antioch tongue

No Christians in Nero time but Nero accused them of burning Rome in his own time and they were burning some places at the same time period?

De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

He does not believe something
He KNOWS it
Cos he has seen what suits him or he was there

De play

And you don’t know anything
But believes, that’s why most religions are heavy om faith and believe, you believe what you don’t know.

Dumb Believer cheesy

So daft
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Chrestians burnt Rome according to tactitus and Suetonius cheesy

“several ex-consuls did not venture to lay hands on his (Nero's) chamberlains although they caught them on their estates with tow and fire-brands... (Suetonius, The Life of Nero)”

From books you don't believe in right?
Anything Tacitus and Soeticus says regarding anything that links to Christ and his disciples are lies but the burning of Rome the were wrongly accused of is true?

De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 7:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

No Christians in Nero time but Nero accused them of burning Rome in his own time and they were burning some places at the same time period?

De play

Nero accused CHRESTIANS according to what historians said, Nero never wrote a book saying anything.

So daft.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:00am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

From books you don't believe in right?
Anything Tacitus and Soeticus says regarding anything that links to Christ and his disciples are lies but the burning of Rome the were wrongly accused of is true?

De play

I don’t believe books i know it.
Tacitus and Suetonius didn’t say about “christ” but Chrestians and chrestus.
Christianity evolved from Chrestianity.

Who are those doing the altering?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:00am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

And you don’t know anything
But believes, that’s why most religions are heavy om faith and believe, you believe what you don’t know.

Dumb Believer cheesy

So daft

What is faith?
What is the basis for faith?

Can you believe in something you don't have faith in?
Is it only religious people that put faith in others?

De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:01am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

What is faith?
What is the basis for faith?

Can you believe in something you don't have faith in?
Is it only religious people that put faith in others?

De play

You are believing in probability.
I don’t need to have faith in Facts.

What are the scenarios people put faith on?
Is it when they are knowledgeable on the issue or when they have beliefs.
YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW!

So daft
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

The ones in the tanakh, who said david and saul existed? Are you dumb.
Read what i said “ Chrestus is not a name but a title, even your christ is a title, David and saul are chrestus according to tanakh.

So Daft, let’s google yahweh, the storm god is everywhere on the internet

You don't believe in something but can quote from it
You're just a boy
When are you resuming college
Say hello to mum and dad for me
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:04am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

You are believing in probability.
I don’t need to have faith in Facts.

What are the scenarios people put faith on?
Is it when they are knowledgeable on the issue or when they have beliefs.
YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW!

So daft
Faith is probability?!
This one is just an empty headed bloke
See, have a nice day
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:04am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You don't believe in something but can quote from it
You're just a boy
When are you resuming college
Say hello to mum and dad for me

I know it why should I believe it? You don’t believe facts, you dummy.
You are just a watchtower slave.
You believe what you don’t know, i know it’s hard to grasp as a believer.

Seek knowledge not beliefs, when are you writing waec, read to know your book not believe them.
Greet your dad and mom for me and your masters in watchtower.

Who is doing the altering?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:06am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Faith is probability?!
See, have a nice day

I have “faith” that man u will beat Chelsea but do i “KNOW” if man u will beat chelsea for sure?
What’s the essence of faith if I’m sure something is gonna happen?
faith and believe go hand to hand.
And you believe what you don’t KNOW.
I don’t believe books, i know it.

You are the worthless slave that’s been indoctrinated with beliefs.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:10am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Faith is probability?!
See, have a nice day

Next time have knowledge on what you quoting.
Start reading from “and now ceaser” don’t cherry pick parts.

Who are the sons of judas of Galilee according to Josephus?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29am On Apr 13, 2023
sonmvayina:

God dwells inside of me...
I exist don't I?
If you doubt it, we can do a video call.
God is the universal consciousnesses....he is not a Jew up in the sky....

Ọmọ if you stand in your street nobody see any god inside you so it's all about what you believe FAITH which nobody can SEE! wink
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:34am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Next time have knowledge on what you quoting.
Start reading from “and now ceaser” don’t cherry pick parts.

Who are the sons of judas of Galilee according to Josephus?

According to the Bible, we read that Caesar was a real person, you just confirmed it
Festus was a real person, you just confirmed it
Annas was a real person and of priestly duties, you just confirmed it
There was a sanhedrin, you just confirmed it
Jesus was the christ, you just confirmed it
Jesus has a brother called James, you just confirmed it
The Jews stoned people who were accuse2of serious charges, you just confirmed it
James did not die by stoning, you just confirmed it
There were a religious group called Sadducees, you just confirmed it

Yet, you don't believe in books
Yet, Jesus never existed
Where there is no secular source to back an event in the bible, it is cos the Bible is myth
Where there is secular source, the Bible writers forged it
No Roman writer wrote any gospel but Jesus was a Roman propaganda
The Roman historians that made reference to Jesus did not even attribute anything positive to him yet their writers can present him in an endearing personality but na dem still wan destroy the Bible and accused the same followers of the same propaganda of burning the empire. Yet the same Rome did not present the same endearing character as one of their citizen but a Jew, people they hated

You're suffering from mental gymnastics
The Christ you said is a general name and for Greek gods is now attributed to one man who has a brother called Christ?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

I have “faith” that man u will beat Chelsea but do i “KNOW” if man u will beat chelsea for sure?

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:36am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

See this mumu man
You said faith is belief right?
Using same illustration, you mentioned of man u and Chelsea, remove faith and replace with believe and tell us if it means the same thing
Olodo
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:39am On Apr 13, 2023
Who is the father of james according to Josephus?
Who are the other brothers of james according to Josephus?

Aemmyjah:

According to the Bible, we read that Caesar was a real person, you just confirmed it
Festus was a real person, you just confirmed it
Annas was a real person and of priestly duties, you just confirmed it
There was a sanhedrin, you just confirmed it
Jesus was the christ, you just confirmed it
Jesus has a brother called James, you just confirmed it
The Jews stoned people who were accuse2of serious charges, you just confirmed it
James did not die by stoning, you just confirmed it
There were a religious group called Sadducees, you just confirmed it

Yet, you don't believe in books
Yet, Jesus never existed
Where there is no secular source to back an event in the bible, it is cos the Bible is myth
Where there is secular source, the Bible writers forged it
No Roman writer wrote any gospel but Jesus was a Roman propaganda
The Roman historians that made reference to Jesus did not even attribute anything positive to him yet their writers can present him in an endearing personality but na dem still wan destroy the Bible and accused the same followers of the same propaganda of burning the empire. Yet the same Rome did not present the same endearing character as one of their citizen but a Jew, people they hated

You're suffering from mental gymnastics
The Christ you said is a general name and for Greek gods is now attributed to one man who has a brother called Christ?

What century is this ceaser? Do you think it’s talking about king ceaser?
What century was jesus born?

Judas was mentioned by Josephus in 4 BCE, relating to the Golden Eagle Temple Cleansing (Ant. 17.149-167) and in 6 CE, regarding the Census of Cyrenius (Ant. 18.1-10) The birth narratives in Matthew and Luke are both inconsistent with the reign of Pilate and the ministry of John the Baptist. For example, if Jesus were born in 4 BCE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died around 30 CE, during the reign of Pilate but five years before John the Baptist’s death. (Ant. 18.116-119) If Jesus were born in 6 CE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died in 39 CE, a few years after John the Baptist but two years after Pilate left Judea.

The Gospels do not mention the early life of Jesus, except when he taught at the Temple at the age of twelve. (Luke 2:41-52) Otherwise, no information was given from 6 CE (Census of Cyrenius) to 26 CE (supposed date of Pilate - see chapter 1). This lack of information mirrors Josephus' War where nothing was written from 6 CE (Census) to 26 CE (Pilate). (War 2.167-169) Josephus barely expanded on this paucity of information in Antiquities, where he listed the Roman procurators during this twenty year stretch, but little else. (Ant. 18.26-35) It is possible that these missing years from Josephus could have been the result of pious editing. The actual crucifixion of Judas the Galilean may have been deleted. Note that Josephus detailed the deaths of Judas' three sons, James, Simon, and Menahem and his grandson, Eleazar. With each of these occasions, Josephus referred back to Judas the Galilean. It is hard to believe that Josephus omitted the circumstances behind the death of Judas. So it is very possible that the writings of Josephus were edited to remove some interesting details of Judas' life and his eventual crucifixion.
According to the Slavonic Josephus, this same John came baptizing in the Jordan in 6 CE, right before the mention of Judas the Galilean and during the reign of Archelaus (4 BCE- 7 CE). (4) In addition, the Psuedoclementine Recognitions acknowledged John right before describing the various Jewish sects. (5) Josephus described these same sects right after his introduction of Judas the Galilean. (Ant. 18.4-22 and War 2.118-166) So the 6 CE timeframe for John the Baptist is attested to by more than one source.

Could this John the Baptist have been baptizing and proclaiming different Messiahs in both 6 CE and 29 CE? The odds of that would be millions to one. The only logical conclusion is that Jesus and Judas the Galilean were the same person. This explains why the Slavonic Josephus' version of events has been ignored over the years. If John actually came in 6 CE, then all of New Testament scholarship is, at best, misguided. That would not only make the scholars look foolish but would also prove Pauline Christianity a sham religion.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:40am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

What century is this ceaser? Do you think it’s talking about king ceaser?
What century was jesus born?

Judas was mentioned by Josephus in 4 BCE, relating to the Golden Eagle Temple Cleansing (Ant. 17.149-167) and in 6 CE, regarding the Census of Cyrenius (Ant. 18.1-10) The birth narratives in Matthew and Luke are both inconsistent with the reign of Pilate and the ministry of John the Baptist. For example, if Jesus were born in 4 BCE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died around 30 CE, during the reign of Pilate but five years before John the Baptist’s death. (Ant. 18.116-119) If Jesus were born in 6 CE and died thirty-three years later, then he would have died in 39 CE, a few years after John the Baptist but two years after Pilate left Judea.

The Gospels do not mention the early life of Jesus, except when he taught at the Temple at the age of twelve. (Luke 2:41-52) Otherwise, no information was given from 6 CE (Census of Cyrenius) to 26 CE (supposed date of Pilate - see chapter 1). This lack of information mirrors Josephus' War where nothing was written from 6 CE (Census) to 26 CE (Pilate). (War 2.167-169) Josephus barely expanded on this paucity of information in Antiquities, where he listed the Roman procurators during this twenty year stretch, but little else. (Ant. 18.26-35) It is possible that these missing years from Josephus could have been the result of pious editing. The actual crucifixion of Judas the Galilean may have been deleted. Note that Josephus detailed the deaths of Judas' three sons, James, Simon, and Menahem and his grandson, Eleazar. With each of these occasions, Josephus referred back to Judas the Galilean. It is hard to believe that Josephus omitted the circumstances behind the death of Judas. So it is very possible that the writings of Josephus were edited to remove some interesting details of Judas' life and his eventual crucifixion.
According to the Slavonic Josephus, this same John came baptizing in the Jordan in 6 CE, right before the mention of Judas the Galilean and during the reign of Archelaus (4 BCE- 7 CE). (4) In addition, the Psuedoclementine Recognitions acknowledged John right before describing the various Jewish sects. (5) Josephus described these same sects right after his introduction of Judas the Galilean. (Ant. 18.4-22 and War 2.118-166) So the 6 CE timeframe for John the Baptist is attested to by more than one source.

Could this John the Baptist have been baptizing and proclaiming different Messiahs in both 6 CE and 29 CE? The odds of that would be millions to one. The only logical conclusion is that Jesus and Judas the Galilean were the same person. This explains why the Slavonic Josephus' version of events has been ignored over the years. If John actually came in 6 CE, then all of New Testament scholarship is, at best, misguided. That would not only make the scholars look foolish but would also prove Pauline Christianity a sham religion.

Abeg summarize your comments
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:41am On Apr 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The two highlighted is contradictory!

Faith is the assured expectations of what is hoped for the evident demonstration of realities though not seen! Hebrews 11:1
Can you prove God exist when nobody can see him? Ọmọ that's what FAITH is all about! wink

He does not have 'FAITH' in God
But God lives in him grin
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

See this mumu man
You said faith is belief right?
Using same illustration, you mentioned of man u and Chelsea, remove faith and replace with believe and tell us if it means the same thing
Olodo
See this watchtower slave

If i replace believe with faith, is it not also under probability?
Do i KNOW if man u will beat chelsea?
If i knew man will beat chelsea then what’s the use of faith and beliefs?
YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW, Chrestian.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Josephus wrote on on Judas of Galilee.
Early church fathers use Josephus work to write New Testament .

Josephus book, Judas the Galilean was known throughout the nation for his ability in interpreting the law. We get the same feeling for Jesus when reading the Gospels. The Pharisees constantly invited him to dinner in order to discuss issues. We are privy to only the negative aspects of those meetings.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2023
Who is the father of james that gave birth to him and his brother call “jesus”, According to Josephus?

Aemmyjah:

Josephus detailed the life but not the death of Judas while mentioning the death of Jesus but not one word about his life. Josephus invested much effort in recounting Judas' life, even touching upon the lives of his sons, James, Simon, and Menahem and his grandson, Eleazar. (Ant. 20.102; War 2.433-434; War 7.253) Each time the descendants were recognized, Josephus recounted their pedigree. This did not occur in just one isolated time period. Simon and James were crucified in 46-48 CE, Menahem stoned in 66 CE and Eleazar led the Sicarii at Masada in 73 CE. This theme of Judas the Galilean ran throughout Josephus' narrative.

the death of Judas was removed by a later Gentile Christian who believed the death of Judas by crucifixion might attract too much unwanted attention. Most scholars believe that the passage in Josephus, which details the death of Jesus, is a late third to early fourth century forgery.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I have never mentioned anything like your first comments
Quote the guy that had issues with Y and J

Again, how do you write that in HEBREW LETTERS?
Ancient Hebrew and Aramaic had no J. That should be obvious

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

GOODBYE TO YOU ALL / Be Warned! Pornography Can Send You To Hell. / *live Report* An Image Was Seen In THE Sky Riding A HORSE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.