Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Frustrated With My Wife - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Frustrated With My Wife (72043 Views)

Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Greenvaiper: 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
Berankis:
Women are in all shades of character. Even though, courtship is important before marriage but it doesn't just do it all. My wife and I courted for almost 2years before marriage but after we got married, it was as if we never knew each at all before then.
Fighting, shouting, bickering, complaints and more complaints and more shouting. We are both quick to temper and I think I am worse but I lover her very much, she is self sacrificing. I respect her for that, she shares though with caution grin
Well... So far so good we are about 8years in marriage and still managing ourselves.
I don't know what to advice you seriously @Op. It seems your wife is strong-willed and may be difficult to please. She has her priorities which are about herself and not both of you. It will not be easy my friend, I guess you just have to carry your cross bro!

Which kain suffer head marriage you dey? Better divorce your wife and move on

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by mayo47(m): 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
But how do you know they arent married?

labake1:
Majority of the people advising the OP to divorced his wife are not married.

Dear OP, let divorce should be the last option, it's not an easy thing, the children are there to think about. Try out other options first, try having a private discussion with her by letting her know your feelings and the implications. Once some of my gender is earning more, they won't see the need of a man. Fear career women, ask if she still want the relationship. Your mental health is important, if you die tomorrow, she will move on with her life after two days mourning.

Some people doesn't know the value of what they have until they lose it
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by yeshuasfootstep(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Marriage. Man, you're very fortunate.
To have a woman that can appologise to you?

Earn very well and religious?

I know of one who does ten times what you accuse your wife of, very religious, almost jobless and can never apologize to the husband.

Still, they're pushing it.
You can make it work through sacrifice, compromise, understanding and hard work.

No marriage is perfect or same.
Map out your own solutions.

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by PulaPower: 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. You are not being fair yourself. Does OP sound like one who is into his wife? undecided

Nah only God knows the exact dimension of your problem..

I doubt you’re married or ever been self..

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Nduzeal4life: 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Dont get me wrong she has some good side, but this thing is really getting into me. I dont drink, smoke or womanise, divorce is also not on the table for me, then die in the marriage and stop disturbing people's peace here,.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by scrolldown88: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:
I am 35 and my wife is 29, we have been married for 6 years now, we have 2 children a boy and a girl. We didnt court much during our courtship because of long distance.

I really have a problem with my wife and not sure what can be done to address, now I must be very honest am not sure there is anything I can do I just want to use the platform to vent my frustration.

My marriage has not been very good, lately myself and my wife leave like room mates and not lovers, despite the age difference between me and my wife she doesnt really respect me. For the 6 years we have been in marriage 3 things have caused all our fights: cooking, Sex and finance

My wife rarely cooks in the house, things around welfare are not taken seriously, actually in a week, my wife can cook for me just 1 time. She cooks for the children and baths for them daily, we also have a help who does alot of cooking. She rarely askes me what I will eat, honestly I always have to go to the kitchen to sort myself, sometimes I buy food outside from eateries and bucker. Sometimes when she cooks it usually very late 10pm. I have complained severally and what happen is she tries to change, after a week, we are back to the same state. My wife can do without cooking for me for weeks. It really really pains me cos am a foody and I knw hw my mum treats matters of food. she is this person that forms busy, either she is busy with work or some church activities, she always has an excuse. She goes to work only ones a weeks the remaining 4days are remote. To address this issue I now order soups from major restaurant outlets, An example is today easter sunday, I had to tell our maid to prepare rice for myself and the kids, cos my wife was in church, we all went to church but she decided to stay back, knowing fully well no food was prepared.

Sex: [/b]our sex life is very boring, when we got married we always fight about sex, cos anytime I ask for it she always complain she is tired, so what I now do is ask for it only sat morning, brethen this is only day I get sex. If I miss that day, it is still next week. We sleep in different rooms, she sleeps with the children in the master bedroom while I sleep alone in another room. I can tell most time she doesnt enjoy it and never ever askes for it, I always ask and initiate it. She just lays like a log, even kisses is a no no, except she is really on, which rarely happens.
[b]
Finance:
I have always earned more than my wife, when we got married, I was earning 3 times what she was earning, but she changed jobs and got promoted severally and we were earning the same amount. she also does alot of side runs where she gets 200-300k monthly as side hustle, there was even a time she was earning more than I did. I dint let it bother me I continue to foot the entire house bills. 95% of the enitre house of comes from me, she only pays the maid , buys cooking gas and my sons diaper. Every other thing in the house is covered by me, house rent, school fees, project, all the bills. I give her 75k as food money monthly. I have continue to question her why I should give her food moeny if I still have to end up going out to eat. I think the only reason she sometime listens to me is cause i still provide the finances for the house. The time she was earning more I could see how she belittle some of my decisions. I just prayed to God, cos I noticed the respect was gone, when I talk to her about her role as a mum and mother to the home, she says she is working, she is busy, I mentioned to her that the money she works is for her, she doesnt share with the house, I have never asked her for it and am not against her working, she however should not neglect her responsibility as a mum. That my role as a father, God helping me is to provide, and this is why I work. I also noticed when I got a new job and my salary increased she kinda off felt jealous she didnt tell me but i noticed it, she began to aggressively look for jobs.

I really dont think we have that initmacy, we are just there, my wife cant come to tell me anything bothering her, she keeps to herself. Funny part is she is a very religious person, my wife will sleep with bible on her hand, wake up with bible pray and serve in various church unit, I however dont think she really understands what she reads. She also has a very bad temper sometimes when I raise certian issues, the ways she talks sometimes I have to hold back a response if not the whole thing will escalate. There are days I will raise certain issue up, the next things she mentions is " let just dissolve this marriage as it is not working" sometimes , I just refer her to her bible cos the utterances that come out of her mouth makes me doubt her understanding of Christianity.

I have never assaulted her, we have nt had any physically fight, what happens is most times when we have issues, I dont speak to her for days, then she come back apologizing. Sometimes when am wrong I also apologies.

Am not saying am perfect, I know there are areas I can do better, like in the buying off gift, I rarely buy her gift, not cause I cant but Cos she earns well and I believe she should buy whatever she needs with her money my wife earns approximately 800k monthy.

I expect my wife will support me but it like she is stressing me. when we go see my parent or our parent, it is all smiles, they dont knw hw stressful their daughter is, she even forms trying to serve me food and all.

Dont get me wrong she has some good side, but this thing is really getting into me. I dont drink, smoke or womanise, divorce is also not on the table for me.

I'm making this suggestion since you said divorce is not an option for you. I think you guys need a time out to recreate the feeling of love, affection, sense of duty and respect that made you get married to each other. You know, rekindle the flames. So I'm suggesting a time away from everything. Let it be just the both of you. Go on some vacation where you can find time to focus on each other. Play fun games and activities together and get back that initial binding force. Since you both work, you can plan this get away on your leave period so you're not distracted by work. Hopefully this works. It suck to be in a marriage where you have to live with the person in the mist of this kind of issues.
Also when you get back from the vacation you guy should still find activities that you both enjoy and engage in them together. Doing things together would definitely bring back some of the lost bond.

3 Likes

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Unclesamo(m): 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life

Agree to her will of dissolving the marriage... I was once at this point also.
Be stern on it.
if she shows no concern, Please dissolve. if not, you will forever regret.

she regrets being with someone like you.

But if there are resolution to stop the divorce, laid down things in your terms....

Both of you are just cohabitating, and she's just staying because of what people will say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
emma2002:
Its a phase...

Stop✋ all this lies,

most of the times its not a phase, is an unending cycle, the only twist is that u adapt to the ever changing attitudes, Is more like a rat race, were u endure, and endure and endure, is an endurance race, a 400m race and as with time there's a limit and then u can't take it anymore, u keep running to meet up d other person midway, failure to do that the marriage deteriorates further and plummet to the climax of divorce which is mostly imminent, is going to strike sooner than later, u can only delay but not deny the inevitable, is best u prepare while u work to resolve and mitigate the crisis through all means necessary, that's y they say marriage is about endurance, u endure a lot of nonsense sha, but like someone said, when u look at all that's happening, is it really worth it to u! Most people are not worth it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by professore(m): 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
DonTim1:
She's not married to her dream husband, she tolerates the one she is married to. Just my thoughts.

You still young, live your life, indulge in new activities, in fact, delegate all but one of your expectations to the maid, close your eyes to responsibilities from her so much that she envies your new happiness, however you this, put yourself first and be happy.

This is assuming you didn't induce her new found personality.
The first line is exactly my thoughts as well

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by MuslimIgbo: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:
I am 35 and my wife is 29, we have been married for 6 years now, we have 2 children a boy and a girl. We didnt court much during our courtship because of long distance.

I really have a problem with my wife and not sure what can be done to address, now I must be very honest am not sure there is anything I can do I just want to use the platform to vent my frustration.

My marriage has not been very good, lately myself and my wife leave like room mates and not lovers, despite the age difference between me and my wife she doesnt really respect me. For the 6 years we have been in marriage 3 things have caused all our fights: cooking, Sex and finance

My wife rarely cooks in the house, things around welfare are not taken seriously, actually in a week, my wife can cook for me just 1 time. She cooks for the children and baths for them daily, we also have a help who does alot of cooking. She rarely askes me what I will eat, honestly I always have to go to the kitchen to sort myself, sometimes I buy food outside from eateries and bucker. Sometimes when she cooks it usually very late 10pm. I have complained severally and what happen is she tries to change, after a week, we are back to the same state. My wife can do without cooking for me for weeks. It really really pains me cos am a foody and I knw hw my mum treats matters of food. she is this person that forms busy, either she is busy with work or some church activities, she always has an excuse. She goes to work only ones a weeks the remaining 4days are remote. To address this issue I now order soups from major restaurant outlets, An example is today easter sunday, I had to tell our maid to prepare rice for myself and the kids, cos my wife was in church, we all went to church but she decided to stay back, knowing fully well no food was prepared.

Sex: [/b]our sex life is very boring, when we got married we always fight about sex, cos anytime I ask for it she always complain she is tired, so what I now do is ask for it only sat morning, brethen this is only day I get sex. If I miss that day, it is still next week. We sleep in different rooms, she sleeps with the children in the master bedroom while I sleep alone in another room. I can tell most time she doesnt enjoy it and never ever askes for it, I always ask and initiate it. She just lays like a log, even kisses is a no no, except she is really on, which rarely happens.
[b]
Finance:
I have always earned more than my wife, when we got married, I was earning 3 times what she was earning, but she changed jobs and got promoted severally and we were earning the same amount. she also does alot of side runs where she gets 200-300k monthly as side hustle, there was even a time she was earning more than I did. I dint let it bother me I continue to foot the entire house bills. 95% of the enitre house of comes from me, she only pays the maid , buys cooking gas and my sons diaper. Every other thing in the house is covered by me, house rent, school fees, project, all the bills. I give her 75k as food money monthly. I have continue to question her why I should give her food moeny if I still have to end up going out to eat. I think the only reason she sometime listens to me is cause i still provide the finances for the house. The time she was earning more I could see how she belittle some of my decisions. I just prayed to God, cos I noticed the respect was gone, when I talk to her about her role as a mum and mother to the home, she says she is working, she is busy, I mentioned to her that the money she works is for her, she doesnt share with the house, I have never asked her for it and am not against her working, she however should not neglect her responsibility as a mum. That my role as a father, God helping me is to provide, and this is why I work. I also noticed when I got a new job and my salary increased she kinda off felt jealous she didnt tell me but i noticed it, she began to aggressively look for jobs.

I really dont think we have that initmacy, we are just there, my wife cant come to tell me anything bothering her, she keeps to herself. Funny part is she is a very religious person, my wife will sleep with bible on her hand, wake up with bible pray and serve in various church unit, I however dont think she really understands what she reads. She also has a very bad temper sometimes when I raise certian issues, the ways she talks sometimes I have to hold back a response if not the whole thing will escalate. There are days I will raise certain issue up, the next things she mentions is " let just dissolve this marriage as it is not working" sometimes , I just refer her to her bible cos the utterances that come out of her mouth makes me doubt her understanding of Christianity.

I have never assaulted her, we have nt had any physically fight, what happens is most times when we have issues, I dont speak to her for days, then she come back apologizing. Sometimes when am wrong I also apologies.

Am not saying am perfect, I know there are areas I can do better, like in the buying off gift, I rarely buy her gift, not cause I cant but Cos she earns well and I believe she should buy whatever she needs with her money my wife earns approximately 800k monthy.

I expect my wife will support me but it like she is stressing me. when we go see my parent or our parent, it is all smiles, they dont knw hw stressful their daughter is, she even forms trying to serve me food and all.

Dont get me wrong she has some good side, but this thing is really getting into me. I dont drink, smoke or womanise, divorce is also not on the table for me.
You're a weakling.
DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE LIKE THIS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?
I HAVE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM AND I BET IT'LL WORK.
Respond if interested.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by jaxxy(m): 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:

[b]
Finance:

Here's the thing ur wife has an attitude problem, a submissive problem. Don't get me wrong u can't force an adult or a woman to submit to u, u must win their confidence and respect. This respect comes by way of the value u add to them and b4 u get it twisted money isn't the only or even main value to everybody.

a woman who makes her own money won't see u giving her money as value... She would prefer nice words or thoughtful gifts or outings and even a spiritual leader or guide. it all depends on her love language.

When u win sm1s trust they listen to u even when u tell them the most stupid things because they have seen ur track record and believe in ur capacity to lead.

I could easily and quickly blame ur wife for bad behaviour or all that bt a lady who marries u will only be as ridiculous as u permit her to depending on how u can handle her. inorder words it's ur duty to correct and lead her bt if u understand how leadership works leadership is not forced. People naturally follow the leadership of sm1 they love or admire. This is were u are lacking as a man. Yes u make money which is very good bt she makes money too. So what else can u do?

If another capable man interacts with ur wife the story may not be as difficult and boring as urs.

The fact ur wife changes when u go visiting her family shows she has it in her to be the best wife or atleast a better wife bt u don't exactly inspire that in her. Probably u feel the money u provide should make her Obident and she notices it so she tries to compete with u on salary rather than support u..

I see an unhealthy power play than a loving marriage.

Dogalmighty17:
Your situation sounds just exactly like mine. I have never believed in divorce. But God knows I have been pushed to the wall. I won't tell you to be patient and understanding. I know that for you to make this post now shows how deeply pained you are.
At the end of the day, the question we should all ask ourselves is this: Is marriage worth it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by fergieboy: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
Seek for a divorce

She doesn’t love you

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by PulaPower: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Mr. OP, first of all, I sympathize with you on what you're going through in your marriage. May the Almighty God take absolute control.

Secondly, what you mentioned that your wife is doing to you is typical of most Nigerian women. Withholding sex, not cooking or showing you attention. It's their oldest control mechanism to keep their man in check. It's just that your wife took hers too far. Funny enough, there's not a single man in Nigeria whose wife didn't use these tactics on him, the smart ones always turn the tables and the weak ones always succumb. Kindly spend more time with your dad (if he's still around) or some of your guys who are married let them give you the OT.

My advice for you is simple; find your wife's thumbscrew and use it to counter attack (turn the table). I'll tell you a short story, hopefully, you can learn a thing or two from it. My wife for example, when she started her own 'kolomental' back then. She won't cook, she won't clean the house, she won't give her best during sex. It's always one complain or another. The most painful part of it was the food, every other thing I can bear. I sat her down and spoke to her, nothing changed. I sometimes don't eat at home just to express my displeasure. She didn't bulge, rather, she mocked me and told me that I'll die of hunger.
I reported to her parents, nothing changed.

Then, I spoke to my dad about it and he gave me the OT. I started chatting and receiving calls from one particular number. I began to spend quality time outside my house, she still didn't bulge. I took it to another level by subtly making her friends and family members become aware of my new lifestyle. Fear catch Hanty and she quickly surrendered. It was that moment I found her thumbscrew; my wife is very particular about other people's perception of her marriage. She hates to give others the impression that her marriage is going through something. She's that type of lady who doesn't want her friends, family or even the neighbours to ever think that her husband doesn't love her dearly. That was it, I found her thumbscrew and the dick measuring contest was won by me! cheesy cheesy

Since then, I now know what drives her, what motivates her and what unsettles her. For example, if I want her to knack very well. I'll stop over at her shop on my way back from work, buy her chop chop and we'll both be eating it outside. Gist with her outside, help her sell her stuff and be doing touch & do. You can be sure that night ehn, she will finish me on the bed. And in the same way, if she offends me and I want to treat her Bleep up, I'll just stop over at her shop with a frown on my face or attitude. Instantly, Hanty will start to dey beg. cheesy cheesy

In summary, every woman has a thumbscrew. Your job as a man is to figure out your wife's thumbscrew and use it to the fullest. If you do that, you'll change the dynamics. And in seduction, he who has the initiative has the power. You need to take that initiative!

PS- marriage, business, sports, & politics are ARTS. To succeed at it, one must learn the intricacies.
You dey buy your wife chop chop before you go fit knack her well. Wetin you come pay bride price for? Nah una Dey empower women. Palapala..

SMH..
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by JASONjnr(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
BusterG:

Apt.

Coming from a lady I can see you already know what's up with the OP.

Back to the OP

There's no easy way out for you in this very delicate cum dicey scenerio.

Also, going back and forth on cooking, sex and other stuff with your so called religious wife is completely pointless. All you have to do is ignore her antics and manage your emotions accordingly.

You need to totally shift your priority to urself at the moment. Save all the money you can to be able to survive in d event of a job loss or financial crunch.

Now she has to bring funds to the Table too cos you have to make up stories about being broke so you also can save up cos if she's netting 800k monthly, it means she's already a millionaire while you're putting all your own eggs in one basket.

If you have any building projects, ensure its in your name, if not start another solely in your name.

There's a lot I wish to tell you .hmmm

You're are about to go through a lot if you don't quickly mount your guard and create alternative plans B, C, D and E.

At this point you have to stop being emotional and use your head.

I wish you well.

The very day OP would find a side chick that will treat him like a king.... He will understand what relationship is and what marriage should look like.

He's missing so much and I hope he finds peace!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Shokoloko(f): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
luminouz:

Yen yen yen..

Go away jor aunty. You that your soup is always sour. I was a guest and vomited my guts out.

Please, fix your kitchen/cooking skills first
My darling, it might take a while, but you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Emtol01: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
Respect, Sex, Food?
Non of these three exists in your marriage?
So, what are the foundation on which your marriage stands? You say love?
I pity you and your marriage life because, at the end your wife will still leaves you.
My friend, leave her with her attitudes. Pretend as if you are falling for your maid if she's a big girl or find someone outside.
When she realizes you're not looking her way anymore, her brain will reset and she will start to crave for your attention. But if she doesn't care, my friend, opt for divorce rightaway.
What I like most is food and sex and I don't get any of it outside my home. Respect? It's a no go area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
scrolldown88:
■ I'm making this suggestion since you said divorce is not an option for you. I think you guys need a time out to recreate the feeling of love, affection, sense of duty and respect that made you get married to each other. You know, rekindle the flames. So I'm suggesting a time away from everything. Let it be just the both of you. Go on some vacation where you can find time to focus on each other. Play fun games and activities together and get back that initial binding force. Since you both work, you can plan this get away on your leave period so you're not distracted by work. Hopefully this works. It suck to be in a marriage where you have to live with the person in the mist of this kind of issues.
■ Also when you get back from the vacation you guy should still find activities that you both enjoy and engage in them together. Doing things together would definitely bring back some of the lost bond.
1. What if the foundation of the relationship was never built on love but of some sort of traditional understanding between the man and woman, an understanding which needs to change now that the woman is now an equal earner in the relationship and also works just as much or even more than the man? undecided

2. Vacations no dey resolve marriage. Na communication and negotiating dey do that. undecided

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by laivwire(m): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
This matter is really simple, she's earning a lot now and feels equal to the husband.

@tomi4life this is what I will do

Sit her down and renegotiate the terms of the marriage. Tell her since she has financial power and independence and believes no husband can control her again, you want to renegotiate terms.

If the food you buy outside is delicious and affordable, make it your new diet. She wants sex once a week, let her have it but...

Finance will be renegotiated now. You will both contribute equally for the rent, utilities, children from now on.

There are reasons. She doesn't hate you, she only feels she can do without you now. You don't have to force it, she can change for a short time but she will always revert to her usual self so don't stress.

If you know the number of husbands who are sexually deprived in their homes, you will shake. To avoid konji killing you, get a (one) side chic. No commitments please, be clear about your intentions and keep your identity and family issues as anonymous as possible. Always use protection. That's your gateway to peace in terms of sexual satisfaction.

Whatever funds you can save from your renegotiation, save it up for your own future. These women do not give a hoot about men anymore. They only want you to work hard and pass all your properties to their children when you die. These ain't good times.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Dennisbulkan: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
Darkerberry:
I pray for u dt God by the power of Jesus' resurrection resurrects your marriage and keep your home together.

In your Wildest dream.. Jesus couldn't save himself from getting nailed to a tree na loveless marriage he won come resurrect angry jokes on you. My advice for OP, marriage no be by force, thank the universe you're still very young & financially stable. take a break from godforsaken union, reevaluate your miserable life and may be your soulmate is out there waiting for you, if you believe in true love be that. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Pzpropertylimit(m): 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
I can't tolerate that kind of idiot in my house . U must leave . Since divorce is not on ur table ,bear the cross u have carried
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Gokoyer0(m): 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
Pls start saving for the future. She may not save you in case something happens to your income. Start a project in your name or get landed properties. She has not been playing the role of wife, so let her start bringing something to the table. You can tell her that they demoted you or something.

I have seen many men that were breadwinners before but lost their jobs.
tomi4life:
thanks bro, divorce is not an option for me for different reasons:

1. The bible is against divorce, I dont want to disobey God
2. What people will say, we come from a spiritual background my parents and her parents are pastors, alot of people look unto us role model.
3. My children, I dont want to deny my children access to good parenting, I am someone who believes the role of a father and a mother is very critical in raising a child, my dad taught me many of the values i have imbibed today such as confident, financial discipline, hard work etc. Mum taught me to be patient, tolerant and have to empathize this balance is important. I enjoyed this while growing up and dont think it would be fair to deny my children the benefits.

I think me, she doesnt respect me that the issue. if I sit her down to talk, she goes on a defensive mode and gives all me attitude. I have told her lately she needs to watch her temperament, even the way she yells at the maid, my children, our guard is strange. Very little thing she flaws up for no reason. Sometimes the way she respond to me when I ctry to give her feedback, I have to tell her why she is raising her voice, I only asking her a question.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by icedbreez(m): 9:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
labake1:
Majority of the people advising the OP to divorced his wife are not married.

Dear OP, let divorce should be the last option, it's not an easy thing, the children are there to think about. Try out other options first, try having a private discussion with her by letting her know your feelings and the implications. Once some of my gender is earning more, they won't see the need of a man. Fear career women, ask if she still want the relationship. Your mental health is important, if you die tomorrow, she will move on with her life after two days mourning.

Some people doesn't know the value of what they have until they lose it

True that
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Asour: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Shokoloko:

My dear, I have had experience for many, many years. I counsel couples. It does not matter who invented it ow whether it is a gimmick. The question is "when put into practice, does it work?" If it does, case closed.
I have seen more marriages restored with understanding and applying love languages than I have seen with people trying to force their partners into a mould that they want.
Nairaland people just want to destroy this marriage - these issues can be taken care of, yet they are all over this thread suggesting bad things

You're seeing survivorship bias.

If a spouse requires a particular thing done a particular way that's fine. Adjustments/compromise is the SOLUTION there NOT some phantom love language codified by Gary chapman in 1992 to sell a self help book.

How did marriages succeed before his book in 1992?

Respect, Compromise & sacrifice has been what holds relationships of all types: Work, family, Business, spiritual etc.

Not some touchy-feely feel good

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Socratiz: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
Please enrol for marriage counselling. A professional counsellor would help you guide you on how to go about this.

You can pm me for guidance
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by DemonSlayer: 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:

[b]
Finance:

I know you're upset about your wife's behaviour, but have you thought about how you might have contributed to the situation? I'm a single guy who wants to get married soon, and I want to understand how these problems happen and how to fix them. Anyone who knows about this stuff can share their thoughts, not just the OP
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by AbuAeesha: 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
You won't know the importance of having more than one wife, until u fall into situations like this.
Get another wife and see how things turn around for good.
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by RALPHOW(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
Shokoloko:

My dear, I have had experience for many, many years. I counsel couples. It does not matter who invented it ow whether it is a gimmick. The question is "when put into practice, does it work?" If it does, case closed.
I have seen more marriages restored with understanding and applying love languages than I have seen with people trying to force their partners into a mould that they want.
Nairaland people just want to destroy this marriage - these issues can be taken care of, yet they are all over this thread suggesting bad things

U just said nothing.
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by REALretep(m): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Mr. OP, first of all, I sympathize with you on what you're going through in your marriage. May the Almighty God take absolute control.

Secondly, what you mentioned that your wife is doing to you is typical of most Nigerian women. Withholding sex, not cooking or showing you attention. It's their oldest control mechanism to keep their man in check. It's just that your wife took hers too far. Funny enough, there's not a single man in Nigeria whose wife didn't use these tactics on him, the smart ones always turn the tables and the weak ones always succumb. Kindly spend more time with your dad (if he's still around) or some of your guys who are married let them give you the OT.

My advice for you is simple; find your wife's thumbscrew and use it to counter attack (turn the table). I'll tell you a short story, hopefully, you can learn a thing or two from it. My wife for example, when she started her own 'kolomental' back then. She won't cook, she won't clean the house, she won't give her best during sex. It's always one complain or another. The most painful part of it was the food, every other thing I can bear. I sat her down and spoke to her, nothing changed. I sometimes don't eat at home just to express my displeasure. She didn't bulge, rather, she mocked me and told me that I'll die of hunger.
I reported to her parents, nothing changed.

Then, I spoke to my dad about it and he gave me the OT. I started chatting and receiving calls from one particular number. I began to spend quality time outside my house, she still didn't bulge. I took it to another level by subtly making her friends and family members become aware of my new lifestyle. Fear catch Hanty and she quickly surrendered. It was that moment I found her thumbscrew; my wife is very particular about other people's perception of her marriage. She hates to give others the impression that her marriage is going through something. She's that type of lady who doesn't want her friends, family or even the neighbours to ever think that her husband doesn't love her dearly. That was it, I found her thumbscrew and the dick measuring contest was won by me! cheesy cheesy

Since then, I now know what drives her, what motivates her and what unsettles her. For example, if I want her to knack very well. I'll stop over at her shop on my way back from work, buy her chop chop and we'll both be eating it outside. Gist with her outside, help her sell her stuff and be doing touch & do. You can be sure that night ehn, she will finish me on the bed. And in the same way, if she offends me and I want to treat her Bleep up, I'll just stop over at her shop with a frown on my face or attitude. Instantly, Hanty will start to dey beg. cheesy cheesy

In summary, every woman has a thumbscrew. Your job as a man is to figure out your wife's thumbscrew and use it to the fullest. If you do that, you'll change the dynamics. And in seduction, he who has the initiative has the power. You need to take that initiative!

PS- marriage, business, sports, & politics are ARTS. To succeed at it, one must learn the intricacies.
Wow
I like this.
I hope OP tomi4life will learn from this.
OP is yet to discover his wife's thumbscrew, love language, what motivates her, what unsettles her, what drives her, etc.
OP...even though you and your wife didn't date or court before marriage, you can still date and court your wife even in marriage. Give it a try. Don't give up. Spice up your marriage and save your marriage.
May God help you

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Exceed15: 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Your situation sounds just exactly like mine. I have never believed in divorce. But God knows I have been pushed to the wall. I won't tell you to be patient and understanding. I know that for you to make this post now shows how deeply pained you are.
At the end of the day, the question we should all ask ourselves is this: Is marriage worth it?

Exactly. Do not allow marriage let you loose your sanity. Before it turns u to mad person please walk away.

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by seanwilliam(m): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
jesmond3945:
she is snapping bro. because she is exhausted and to her wits end. Try and do the assignment I gave you. Stay with the kids for 1 month, cook, add hustle to it, add church to it. Then come back and give report. Her church activites is an avenue for her to let off steam. Finally, women see action more than sitting down to talk. Even if you sit down with woman talk finish na that thing wey dey her mind she go do. Anything wey you know wey good and wey go better the family just do am.
lol. Funny but true
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Olumaeme: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
Please seek divorce. Your wife knows what she is doing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Couple, Both Aged 100, Married For 79 years, Die Hours Apart (Photos) / Man Buys Venza For His Mother After Selling Her Car To Travel Abroad / Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.