Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Frustrated With My Wife - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Frustrated With My Wife (72031 Views)

Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / 'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Backpedal: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Mr. OP, first of all, I sympathize with you on what you're going through in your marriage. May the Almighty God take absolute control.

Secondly, what you mentioned that your wife is doing to you is typical of most Nigerian women. Withholding sex, not cooking or showing you attention. It's their oldest control mechanism to keep their man in check. It's just that your wife took hers too far. Funny enough, there's not a single man in Nigeria whose wife didn't use these tactics on him, the smart ones always turn the tables and the weak ones always succumb. Kindly spend more time with your dad (if he's still around) or some of your guys who are married let them give you the OT.

My advice for you is simple; find your wife's thumbscrew and use it to counter attack (turn the table). I'll tell you a short story, hopefully, you can learn a thing or two from it. My wife for example, when she started her own 'kolomental' back then. She won't cook, she won't clean the house, she won't give her best during sex. It's always one complain or another. The most painful part of it was the food, every other thing I can bear. I sat her down and spoke to her, nothing changed. I sometimes don't eat at home just to express my displeasure. She didn't bulge, rather, she mocked me and told me that I'll die of hunger.
I reported to her parents, nothing changed.

Then, I spoke to my dad about it and he gave me the OT. I started chatting and receiving calls from one particular number. I began to spend quality time outside my house, she still didn't bulge. I took it to another level by subtly making her friends and family members become aware of my new lifestyle. Fear catch Hanty and she quickly surrendered. It was that moment I found her thumbscrew; my wife is very particular about other people's perception of her marriage. She hates to give others the impression that her marriage is going through something. She's that type of lady who doesn't want her friends, family or even the neighbours to ever think that her husband doesn't love her dearly. That was it, I found her thumbscrew and the dick measuring contest was won by me! cheesy cheesy

Since then, I now know what drives her, what motivates her and what unsettles her. For example, if I want her to knack very well. I'll stop over at her shop on my way back from work, buy her chop chop and we'll both be eating it outside. Gist with her outside, help her sell her stuff and be doing touch & do. You can be sure that night ehn, she will finish me on the bed. And in the same way, if she offends me and I want to treat her Bleep up, I'll just stop over at her shop with a frown on my face or attitude. Instantly, Hanty will start to dey beg. cheesy cheesy

In summary, every woman has a thumbscrew. Your job as a man is to figure out your wife's thumbscrew and use it to the fullest. If you do that, you'll change the dynamics. And in seduction, he who has the initiative has the power. You need to take that initiative!

PS- marriage, business, sports, & politics are ARTS. To succeed at it, one must learn the intricacies.
Interesting stuff

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Exceed15: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
File for divorce. Her brain will reset. Thank me later.
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by luminouz(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Shokoloko:

My darling, it might take a while, but you will be fine.

Counselor isonu

Advise your own house properly biko...

Who you dey fool?

Poor cook undecided
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Segzy19: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Eish! Bro, I understand you so much.
Some of us can relate..
I hope she is not pestering you for japa...
Abeg, no try am o. If you try it with that type of woman, your own don be b dat.....

I can seriously relate with you, Bro...

All these ladies with their modern 'woke' mentality...

What I will say is that keep having deep and straight conversations with her about issues. Sometimes, you may have to apologize for what you didn't do... It's all for peace to reign. One must knowor learn how to manage them like little kids. You know when a kid throws tantrum such that you should spank him but you still end up petting the kid and offering sweets just for him to be calm... Sometimes (not all the times) one has to treat these ladies like that.

Again, learn to allow her have her say on things that are not critical. Engage her and hear out her views on things so that she feels her opinion matters... It's just about letting them have that feeling that they are in control... Surprise her with gifts once in a while...

You see, it's a hard life being a man... I can relate..
Life of a man in the hands of a Nigerian woman... Hmmm!

tomi4life:
I am 35 and my wife is 29, we have been married for 6 years now, we have 2 children a boy and a girl. We didnt court much during our courtship because of long distance.

I really have a problem with my wife and not sure what can be done to address, now I must be very honest am not sure there is anything I can do I just want to use the platform to vent my frustration.

My marriage has not been very good, lately myself and my wife leave like room mates and not lovers, despite the age difference between me and my wife she doesnt really respect me. For the 6 years we have been in marriage 3 things have caused all our fights: cooking, Sex and finance

My wife rarely cooks in the house, things around welfare are not taken seriously, actually in a week, my wife can cook for me just 1 time. She cooks for the children and baths for them daily, we also have a help who does alot of cooking. She rarely askes me what I will eat, honestly I always have to go to the kitchen to sort myself, sometimes I buy food outside from eateries and bucker. Sometimes when she cooks it usually very late 10pm. I have complained severally and what happen is she tries to change, after a week, we are back to the same state. My wife can do without cooking for me for weeks. It really really pains me cos am a foody and I knw hw my mum treats matters of food. she is this person that forms busy, either she is busy with work or some church activities, she always has an excuse. She goes to work only ones a weeks the remaining 4days are remote. To address this issue I now order soups from major restaurant outlets, An example is today easter sunday, I had to tell our maid to prepare rice for myself and the kids, cos my wife was in church, we all went to church but she decided to stay back, knowing fully well no food was prepared.

Sex: [/b]our sex life is very boring, when we got married we always fight about sex, cos anytime I ask for it she always complain she is tired, so what I now do is ask for it only sat morning, brethen this is only day I get sex. If I miss that day, it is still next week. We sleep in different rooms, she sleeps with the children in the master bedroom while I sleep alone in another room. I can tell most time she doesnt enjoy it and never ever askes for it, I always ask and initiate it. She just lays like a log, even kisses is a no no, except she is really on, which rarely happens.
[b]
Finance:
I have always earned more than my wife, when we got married, I was earning 3 times what she was earning, but she changed jobs and got promoted severally and we were earning the same amount. she also does alot of side runs where she gets 200-300k monthly as side hustle, there was even a time she was earning more than I did. I dint let it bother me I continue to foot the entire house bills. 95% of the enitre house of comes from me, she only pays the maid , buys cooking gas and my sons diaper. Every other thing in the house is covered by me, house rent, school fees, project, all the bills. I give her 75k as food money monthly. I have continue to question her why I should give her food moeny if I still have to end up going out to eat. I think the only reason she sometime listens to me is cause i still provide the finances for the house. The time she was earning more I could see how she belittle some of my decisions. I just prayed to God, cos I noticed the respect was gone, when I talk to her about her role as a mum and mother to the home, she says she is working, she is busy, I mentioned to her that the money she works is for her, she doesnt share with the house, I have never asked her for it and am not against her working, she however should not neglect her responsibility as a mum. That my role as a father, God helping me is to provide, and this is why I work. I also noticed when I got a new job and my salary increased she kinda off felt jealous she didnt tell me but i noticed it, she began to aggressively look for jobs.

I really dont think we have that initmacy, we are just there, my wife cant come to tell me anything bothering her, she keeps to herself. Funny part is she is a very religious person, my wife will sleep with bible on her hand, wake up with bible pray and serve in various church unit, I however dont think she really understands what she reads. She also has a very bad temper sometimes when I raise certian issues, the ways she talks sometimes I have to hold back a response if not the whole thing will escalate. There are days I will raise certain issue up, the next things she mentions is " let just dissolve this marriage as it is not working" sometimes , I just refer her to her bible cos the utterances that come out of her mouth makes me doubt her understanding of Christianity.

I have never assaulted her, we have nt had any physically fight, what happens is most times when we have issues, I dont speak to her for days, then she come back apologizing. Sometimes when am wrong I also apologies.

Am not saying am perfect, I know there are areas I can do better, like in the buying off gift, I rarely buy her gift, not cause I cant but Cos she earns well and I believe she should buy whatever she needs with her money my wife earns approximately 800k monthy.

I expect my wife will support me but it like she is stressing me. when we go see my parent or our parent, it is all smiles, they dont knw hw stressful their daughter is, she even forms trying to serve me food and all.

Dont get me wrong she has some good side, but this thing is really getting into me. I dont drink, smoke or womanise, divorce is also not on the table for me.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by UniqueDennis(m): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
2dice01:
Suffering and smiling đŸ€©

Âč Once a week sex đŸ€”
ÂČ She has no Respect for you
Âł Won't cook for you
⁎ She even told you if the marriage ain't working you should divorce

Yet divorce isn't an option for you 😂â˜ș
What exactly are you enjoying in your marriage?

Nigeria must be one by fire by force
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Nnemuka(f): 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
First thing you should do "if you are man enough" is to stop her from attending Church activities or any event after work.
Both of you need to start a new relationship phase, the one existing is already fading away.

Secondly you guys need a vacation, just the two of you so you can discuss the way forward. Money and every other thing can wait while you guys mend your home before the whole thing packs up except she's no longer interested.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by jessedaflow: 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
She spend much of her time in church, so what have she learnt so far from the bible about home building , person go just dey go church stay for 6 hours , the pastor no dey ask am about her family ,kids and husband

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Shokoloko(f): 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
luminouz:

Counselor isonu

Advise your own house properly biko...

Who you dey fool?

Poor cook undecided
Like I said, you will be fine
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
I will keep laughing at u mumu guys since Una no wan learn...

Real niggaz don't settle down in one stupid bondage called marriage - if you want to have everlasting peace of mind, don't commit urself in one yéyé relationship: have many girls as u want and keep dem as FWB...

I still no understand wetin una dey find inside marriage...

If u feel u need a seed to become a father, just find one babe put prick in her pussy and give am belle, straight baby mama level and take up the responsibilities that come after without any string attached...

Simple as ABC...

But u weak ass dudes will keep putting unaselves in marriage and come online start wailing and venting ur frustration...

Who send una?

Since una no wan get brain, una go grieve tire...

Crap...
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by charlesdinho(m): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
sit her down and tell her what is in your mind. if after talking to her she is not ready to turn over a new leave, just dissolve the marriage since she want that already
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by luminouz(m): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Shokoloko:

Like I said, you will be fine

K!!;
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by alizma: 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:
I am 35 and my wife is 29, we have been married for 6 years now, we have 2 children a boy and a girl. We didnt court much during our courtship because of long distance.

I really have a problem with my wife and not sure what can be done to address, now I must be very honest am not sure there is anything I can do I just want to use the platform to vent my frustration.

My marriage has not been very good, lately myself and my wife leave like room mates and not lovers, despite the age difference between me and my wife she doesnt really respect me. For the 6 years we have been in marriage 3 things have caused all our fights: cooking, Sex and finance

My wife rarely cooks in the house, things around welfare are not taken seriously, actually in a week, my wife can cook for me just 1 time. She cooks for the children and baths for them daily, we also have a help who does alot of cooking. She rarely askes me what I will eat, honestly I always have to go to the kitchen to sort myself, sometimes I buy food outside from eateries and bucker. Sometimes when she cooks it usually very late 10pm. I have complained severally and what happen is she tries to change, after a week, we are back to the same state. My wife can do without cooking for me for weeks. It really really pains me cos am a foody and I knw hw my mum treats matters of food. she is this person that forms busy, either she is busy with work or some church activities, she always has an excuse. She goes to work only ones a weeks the remaining 4days are remote. To address this issue I now order soups from major restaurant outlets, An example is today easter sunday, I had to tell our maid to prepare rice for myself and the kids, cos my wife was in church, we all went to church but she decided to stay back, knowing fully well no food was prepared.

Sex: [/b]our sex life is very boring, when we got married we always fight about sex, cos anytime I ask for it she always complain she is tired, so what I now do is ask for it only sat morning, brethen this is only day I get sex. If I miss that day, it is still next week. We sleep in different rooms, she sleeps with the children in the master bedroom while I sleep alone in another room. I can tell most time she doesnt enjoy it and never ever askes for it, I always ask and initiate it. She just lays like a log, even kisses is a no no, except she is really on, which rarely happens.
[b]
Finance:
I have always earned more than my wife, when we got married, I was earning 3 times what she was earning, but she changed jobs and got promoted severally and we were earning the same amount. she also does alot of side runs where she gets 200-300k monthly as side hustle, there was even a time she was earning more than I did. I dint let it bother me I continue to foot the entire house bills. 95% of the enitre house of comes from me, she only pays the maid , buys cooking gas and my sons diaper. Every other thing in the house is covered by me, house rent, school fees, project, all the bills. I give her 75k as food money monthly. I have continue to question her why I should give her food moeny if I still have to end up going out to eat. I think the only reason she sometime listens to me is cause i still provide the finances for the house. The time she was earning more I could see how she belittle some of my decisions. I just prayed to God, cos I noticed the respect was gone, when I talk to her about her role as a mum and mother to the home, she says she is working, she is busy, I mentioned to her that the money she works is for her, she doesnt share with the house, I have never asked her for it and am not against her working, she however should not neglect her responsibility as a mum. That my role as a father, God helping me is to provide, and this is why I work. I also noticed when I got a new job and my salary increased she kinda off felt jealous she didnt tell me but i noticed it, she began to aggressively look for jobs.

I really dont think we have that initmacy, we are just there, my wife cant come to tell me anything bothering her, she keeps to herself. Funny part is she is a very religious person, my wife will sleep with bible on her hand, wake up with bible pray and serve in various church unit, I however dont think she really understands what she reads. She also has a very bad temper sometimes when I raise certian issues, the ways she talks sometimes I have to hold back a response if not the whole thing will escalate. There are days I will raise certain issue up, the next things she mentions is " let just dissolve this marriage as it is not working" sometimes , I just refer her to her bible cos the utterances that come out of her mouth makes me doubt her understanding of Christianity.

I have never assaulted her, we have nt had any physically fight, what happens is most times when we have issues, I dont speak to her for days, then she come back apologizing. Sometimes when am wrong I also apologies.

Am not saying am perfect, I know there are areas I can do better, like in the buying off gift, I rarely buy her gift, not cause I cant but Cos she earns well and I believe she should buy whatever she needs with her money my wife earns approximately 800k monthy.

I expect my wife will support me but it like she is stressing me. when we go see my parent or our parent, it is all smiles, they dont knw hw stressful their daughter is, she even forms trying to serve me food and all.

Dont get me wrong she has some good side, but this thing is really getting into me. I dont drink, smoke or womanise, divorce is also not on the table for me.
You don't smoke, drink or womanize and divorce is not an option? I will keep my advise first, apply the other people's advise, if it doesn't work after two months or thereabouts, quote this message and ask for my advise. Success

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Shokoloko(f): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
luminouz:

K!!;
Good to know that you have accepted that you will be fine. It will take time but you'll get there
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
Make sure you save enough money
That woman will file for a divorce very soon
Put yourself first , make yourself happy

Don't give a damn about her, if you have money look for a place to stay and goto work from there .. if she no look for you after 6 months ... Just know the marriage is over

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Ovayero: 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
I sincerely hope you don't explode because of sexual frustration. It's obvious you two were never friends before marriage .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Shokoloko(f): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
RALPHOW:

U just said nothing.
My words are not for everyone. Those that have understanding will see the wisdom in my words. No matter how good a seed is, there are places that cannot germinate it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Mr. OP, first of all, I sympathize with you on what you're going through in your marriage. May the Almighty God take absolute control.

Secondly, what you mentioned that your wife is doing to you is typical of most Nigerian women. Withholding sex, not cooking or showing you attention. It's their oldest control mechanism to keep their man in check. It's just that your wife took hers too far. Funny enough, there's not a single man in Nigeria whose wife didn't use these tactics on him, the smart ones always turn the tables and the weak ones always succumb. Kindly spend more time with your dad (if he's still around) or some of your guys who are married let them give you the OT.

My advice for you is simple; find your wife's thumbscrew and use it to counter attack (turn the table). I'll tell you a short story, hopefully, you can learn a thing or two from it. My wife for example, when she started her own 'kolomental' back then. She won't cook, she won't clean the house, she won't give her best during sex. It's always one complain or another. The most painful part of it was the food, every other thing I can bear. I sat her down and spoke to her, nothing changed. I sometimes don't eat at home just to express my displeasure. She didn't bulge, rather, she mocked me and told me that I'll die of hunger.
I reported to her parents, nothing changed.

Then, I spoke to my dad about it and he gave me the OT. I started chatting and receiving calls from one particular number. I began to spend quality time outside my house, she still didn't bulge. I took it to another level by subtly making her friends and family members become aware of my new lifestyle. Fear catch Hanty and she quickly surrendered. It was that moment I found her thumbscrew; my wife is very particular about other people's perception of her marriage. She hates to give others the impression that her marriage is going through something. She's that type of lady who doesn't want her friends, family or even the neighbours to ever think that her husband doesn't love her dearly. That was it, I found her thumbscrew and the dick measuring contest was won by me! cheesy cheesy

Since then, I now know what drives her, what motivates her and what unsettles her. For example, if I want her to knack very well. I'll stop over at her shop on my way back from work, buy her chop chop and we'll both be eating it outside. Gist with her outside, help her sell her stuff and be doing touch & do. You can be sure that night ehn, she will finish me on the bed. And in the same way, if she offends me and I want to treat her Bleep up, I'll just stop over at her shop with a frown on my face or attitude. Instantly, Hanty will start to dey beg. cheesy cheesy

In summary, every woman has a thumbscrew. Your job as a man is to figure out your wife's thumbscrew and use it to the fullest. If you do that, you'll change the dynamics. And in seduction, he who has the initiative has the power. You need to take that initiative!

PS- marriage, business, sports, & politics are ARTS. To succeed at it, one must learn the intricacies.

All this for what,
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by skillmyman(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Op.
Marriage requires wisdom. Glad you said your wife has some good parts.
For the food part, let the nanny continue to make the food. It is obvious she does not like cooking so you can relieve her that job role.
At least you are sure of your meals and let the nanny have a timetable of food you want.

Sex can be an uphill task especially if you live in lagos that you are in traffic an avg of 6 hrs a day so it can probably be once a week.

The truth also is that some women lose their appetite for sex after having children. Whatever the case, you need to find out wat ticks your woman and put her in the mood. That is an assignment for you.
You need to also decide if your marriage is worth it without sex. Think abt it.

It is also easy for women to feel used and unappreciated because of the effort they put into the marriage. So my advice is for you to take her on vacations, help her let out steam. Let her know that her effort in the house is appreciated. Women wants affirmation so you cannot be tired of telling her your love for her

Also try n buy her little things like perfumes, lingeries, bags, shoes etc. sexy stuff frequently.

Now if all these does not work, talk to her n find out if she needs a break. The truth is that staying married can be tiring at times especially if there are unwritting rules, regulations and expectations from everyone.

A lot of people dont also appreciate what they have until they lose it.

I wish you all the best.
Buzz if you need to talk.
My 2 cents of my 23 yrs of being married.

2 Likes

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by na2016: 9:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Your situation sounds just exactly like mine. I have never believed in divorce. But God knows I have been pushed to the wall. I won't tell you to be patient and understanding. I know that for you to make this post now shows how deeply pained you are.
At the end of the day, the question we should all ask ourselves is this: Is marriage worth it?

To be honest if is not worth it for men again.

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Brushstrokes20: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
In my candid opinion,
the final straw / deal breaker here is your wife's '' let's dissolve the marriage bla bla bla.... "

Her mind is completely elsewhere and I hope she doesn't go extreme to poison you someday, if you continue to hold her down.....

When a woman is done, AIN'T NOTHING can hold her down! BEST OF LUCK.

3 Likes

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by sinola(m): 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
My brother, I can relate.

For your wife to open her mouth and make utterance of dissolving this thing you guys called marriage, it is a deal breaker for me.

Bros, my advice for you is that since, she is too engrossed with church activities, she will have people she respects there, maybe, her pastor, make out time to have a word with one of them without her consent and watch how she will react to it.

Please, always pray and be focused. There is nothing God cannot do.

I pray you get your wife back soon in Jesus name... Amen
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
1. Stop giving her pocket money,she is making money and she can start paying some bills
2. As for sex, investigate if she is having an affair or not. If she is, then I advise you to divorce her. If she is not, ask her why she is not having sex with you and see if you can spice thing up. Is she overweight or fat or does she has a medical condition that make sex painful to her
3. What is her love language? Figure it out.
4. Go for marriage counseling,
As for me, I think your wife doesn't love you like that. And I also think she maybe having an affair
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by seanwilliam(m): 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
jesmond3945:
like i said you are not doing your wife a favour by helping in the house. Your talk of surprising her by helping her in the house is just being naive to say the least. It is your house, it is your food. I am not saying you should not provide or drop finances. However, that you are providing finanaces is commendable. Your wife is doing same. If you divorce your wife now, she would assume responsibility over the house immediately. So is not a big deal bro. If you can help in the house, if not continue to provide for the family.
I am sorry she insulted you for going to the market. However, you are going to the market for you, for your kids, for the kids, for the family. You are not doing your wife any favor by going to the market. If she insults you for doing the right thing call her to order.

Continue ironing, is the right thing to do. If she deliberately leaves your clothes in the basket, then she is unhappy with you. Put yours in the machine, when you see hers, you leave it as well.

I told you, there is nothing like roles. She is earning, you are earning no big deal. This is the modern world. She is ambitious. She is doing it for the kids. If you complain about it too much, she would leave you and she has her own money.

You have to change your orientation about things so that you enjoy your marriage.
well; from this submission, you’re very very wrong and it shows you’ve never been married or coordinated people before. Someone is dropping over 90% of his income which amounts to 98% of financial needs of the house just to give the family the best and you’re here telling him to still do all that ? Are you just dumb or what?

Fine, let’s agree she’s ‘too tired ‘ for sex, is she too tired to cook food too? Or to instruct the maid to cook ?

Why are you so dumb and inconsiderate ? Do u even know how much of emotional pains he’s going through to resort to coming on here?

He said the maid does 90% of house chores to extend of deciding what the kids will eat , I ask you , what exactly is the wife doing ? What is she contributing?

Is the op not going through any stress too? Why must he be the only one sacrificing his money and comfort for the family ? What’s the essence of such marriage?

You’re saying what the op is doing is not a big deed , ohh, can you sacrifice 95% of your money and comfort for your family ?

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

Funnily enough , at old age, their children will still celebrate the the wife more than the op. So what’s the benefit?
If the op is lacking in some aspects, why can’t she call his attention to it or you expect the man to be as perfect as an angel?

She’s an adult, should communication be a problem for her? Why are you justifying bad behavior? You sounding like kobojunkie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by SIRTee15: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
dawnomike:
your problem must have started from your courtship... Anyways, the way forward is what matters.
Her matter has no solution but on your own part, irrespective of the salary, buy her gifts!!!
And u think gift will change anything, someone that earn close to a million.
The way forward is for op to admit the marriage isnt working and declare it to his wife. Then he should offer marriage counseling. If the woman refuse, then I really dont see why the man should continue to be with a woman who doesn't want u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by BATified2023: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:

[b]
Finance:

shes doing that cos u are a mumu man

I don’t believe all these things really happen for real ooo, thank goodness for traditional men like this who will put women in their place n don’t mind what d society call us

Keep forming gentle man till she starts beating u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by emmyN(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:
thanks bro, divorce is not an option for me for different reasons:

1. The bible is against divorce, I dont want to disobey God
2. What people will say, we come from a spiritual background my parents and her parents are pastors, alot of people look unto us role model.
3. My children, I dont want to deny my children access to good parenting, I am someone who believes the role of a father and a mother is very critical in raising a child, my dad taught me many of the values i have imbibed today such as confident, financial discipline, hard work etc. Mum taught me to be patient, tolerant and have to empathize this balance is important. I enjoyed this while growing up and dont think it would be fair to deny my children the benefits.

I think me, she doesnt respect me that the issue. if I sit her down to talk, she goes on a defensive mode and gives all me attitude. I have told her lately she needs to watch her temperament, even the way she yells at the maid, my children, our guard is strange. Very little thing she flaws up for no reason. Sometimes the way she respond to me when I ctry to give her feedback, I have to tell her why she is raising her voice, I only asking her a question.

Clearly you are an idi.ot. Keep playing the second fiddle in a relationship with someone that doesn't care about you. I'm sure she already has lots of investments in her name preparing for when you eventually split up, whereas you've got nada. Oh no, you've never thought about that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by NAC1666: 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
tomi4life:

[b]
Finance:

This is the usual cases in marriages.... manage it and move on. You are still a young man,don't be deceived by ladies that are acting special. All are the same. The devil you have now in your house is better than that Angel out there. Be patient with her. If she doesn't cook,do the cooking. If she doesn't give you sex, meet olosho, if she is not supporting you financial,carry your cross alone . One day,she will beg you. Mark my word.
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by hardon1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
For me o, am just wondering why a wife would not kiss her husband during love making. People wey no love themselves even kiss passionately during sex. Let alone husband and wife

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Shokoloko(f): 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
Asour:

You're seeing survivorship bias.

If a spouse requires a particular thing done a particular way that's fine. Adjustments/compromise is the SOLUTION there NOT some phantom love language codified by Gary chapman in 1992 to sell a self help book.
How did marriages succeed before his book in 1992?

Respect, Compromise & sacrifice has been what holds relationships of all types: Work, family, Business, spiritual etc.

Not some touchy-feely feel good

Marriages survived by putting into practice the principles of his book.
No one can claim to have invented the love languages. It was never his idea - he only put ancient knowledge into writing. People have practiced this since marriage was invented.
Re: Frustrated With My Wife by luminouz(m): 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
Shokoloko:

Good to know that you have accepted that you will be fine. It will take time but you'll get there
K

1 Like

Re: Frustrated With My Wife by Slayar: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
To successfully deal with women ,you need a touch of craze. She has sized you and you're too nice ,she's taking advantage of it.

Women need something to fear for them to respect you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Couple, Both Aged 100, Married For 79 years, Die Hours Apart (Photos) / Man Buys Venza For His Mother After Selling Her Car To Travel Abroad / Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.