Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion (26101 Views)

Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO / Bebex Vs James Omolara: Lagos CP Orders Case Charged To Court, Removes DPO. / Lagos CP Orders Area Commander To Take Over Case Of Alleged Assault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by SWATMan: 9:41am On Apr 16, 2023
ShaqFu:
What a shame. I now believe many of the men in our Police Force don't learn, despite all the evidence abound how many of their colleagues have been dismissed for doing stupid things like this, this bunch of low budget scoundrel still went ahead and started misbehaving.

It's good they've been caught. They should face disciplinary action and when found guilty, they should be dismissed.

The less idiots we have in our Police, the more they're be able to do their job diligently with professionalism.

I remember the former CP of Anambra state (2008) Mr Ogbaidu a fine gentle man, who informed us when we posed the question of policemen who fall assleep on their duty post with their service rifles beside them, not minding the danger such action poses not only to them, but also to the citizens; replied that he is a teacher by training, and was taught that everybody is trainable, until he joined the force. It's quite unfortunate that they have refused to understand that things have changed but like they say 'habits die hard'
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Okoroawusa: 9:42am On Apr 16, 2023
This one na eye service..... they will do it again!

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Anunakeeh: 9:43am On Apr 16, 2023
One among many Thousands.

Probably he didn't share the Loot with his Comrades😂

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Okoroawusa: 9:45am On Apr 16, 2023
thisisit:
POLICE AND ALL SECURITY AGENCIES WILL CONTINUE TO BE CORRUPT UNTIL PRESIDENT STOPS BEING CORRUPT
What about you? When will you stop being corrupt?
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by popcykaylah(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2023
He should check out bode Thomas police station and their corrupt system
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Originalsly: 9:49am On Apr 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:

You can start a protest to that effect if you are so convinced nobody needs to be disciplined forever in reaction to electoral incompetence.

This is about Police being now disciplined ... why not see it as a welcomed development? ... and hope all the bad eggs are brought to book and kicked out of the force? What this has to do with electorial incompetence? Look ahead bro and stop dwelling in the past. ...seems like a new day is dawning for the Police.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by cinolala(m): 9:54am On Apr 16, 2023
A welcome development this okoko officers always harass people on this route. Most times the stay in the newly completed toll gate at times in front of there station.
naptu2:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/04/14/nigerian-policemen-forcefully-extort-n100000-phone-dealer-lagos-label-him-fraudster

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by cozy7(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The Nigerian Police Force be trying their best to maintain a good public outlook by projexting their selective disciplinary practices in the media. Where was this discipline during electoral malpractices? Nonsensical nonsense.
The one that annoys me d most is d way they open their mouth to call large amounts of money, and force u to pay it as if Dangote is your elder brother..... With so much odacity. It's a shame bro.

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Caleb15(m): 9:58am On Apr 16, 2023
Okokomaiko police station and the one at PPL, those guys are something else

2 Likes

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by ariesbull: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2023
Porksupplyib:

I can bet they will not sack him. Just wait and see.
they will not
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by BlackyOne: 10:08am On Apr 16, 2023
incandescentena:
Damnnnn the Currupt policemen

BTW, Hate it or love it, Achraf Hakimi is on top, and his's gonna shine until hs heart stop.
Go ahead envy him. He's the 2023's M.V.P man!
And he ain't going nowhere, so all you simps and leeches back off and allow "momma's boy" keep balling grin

knowing this song alone tells me you're above 30 yrs old grin grin grin
but this your comment come across as someone below 20 yrs with no sense of purpose shocked shocked

ironically hilarious
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Iluvmycontr3: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The Nigerian Police Force be trying their best to maintain a good public outlook by projexting their selective disciplinary practices in the media. Where was this discipline during electoral malpractices? Nonsensical nonsense.

Exactly 💪

I like your type. Very smart n logical..
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by incandescentena: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2023
BlackyOne:

knowing this song alone tells me you're above 30 yrs old grin grin grin
but this your comment come across as someone below 20 yrs with no sense of purpose shocked shocked

ironically hilarious
Yes daddy, simple simp with the whole senses of purposes on earth tongue

Dey play!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by CodeTemplar: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2023
Originalsly:

This is about Police being now disciplined ... why not see it as a welcomed development? ... and hope all the bad eggs are brought to book and kicked out of the force? What this has to do with electorial incompetence? Look ahead bro and stop dwelling in the past. ...seems like a new day is dawning for the Police.

get lost.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2023
Dimehook:
Well, well, well, looks like the DPO of Okokomaiko got what was coming to him. What kind of idiot can't even supervise his own men properly? And then they have the audacity to engage in extortion on top of that? They deserve whatever disciplinary action is coming to them. It's about time that the police force gets cleaned up and starts acting like they actually care about the people they're supposed to protect. Let this be a warning to any other corrupt cops out there - you mess with the public, you're gonna get what's coming to you.

The dpo know more about it becaus they they deliver for him too they all need to be dismiss

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by DoxxAnon: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2023
The Nigeria Police Force is the largest criminal organization in Nigeria.

Every bribe or money collected by the police on the street trickles up the chain to the top!

They all have targets they must meet to deliver to the DPO. The DPOs have targets they must deliver to the Area commander. Area commander delivers to CP up to the top

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2023
naptu2:
SP Benjamin Hundeyin @BenHundeyin

https://twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1647221663035998211

The CP sef.....

His name "Owohunwa" in Okun means "money is good" or "money is desirable".

I neva see police wey no like money.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by soku2(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2023
[/b] please let cp also look into ishagamu road police post ikorodu Lagos, for this the same act.,,,,◉‿◉ God bless Nigerian[b]
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by kolakolex: 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2023
GloriousGbola:
Finally, a good outcome of this cashless policy. Extorting cash is no longer practical.
Police will have to do risk assessment going forward

This very true.There is less cash in circulation and the other option of mobile transfer comes with a risk.

They need to do proper risk assessment next time.I am so happy they were caught.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by FireUpNow(m): 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2023
Them nor smart enough to know that cashless policy can trap them easily

1 Like

Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by FireUpNow(m): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2023
Pure evidence. Them nor smart enough to know that cashless policy can trap them easily
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Cantonese: 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2023
Their uniforms represent their market sales points. Their guns represent their tools for extortion. That police station is notorious in all forms. It has been like that since it was located there.

Will replacing the DPO change anything? I doubt it seriously. Without extortion, criminal elements in police uniform cannot survive. Their salaries are saved while money extorted from citizens is their daily income, used to take care of daily needs.

They can just say “I dey come bring money for soup” to their wives. When they get out there, they get money few minutes and deliver at home.

The mindset of some police personnel is terrible and must be changed. They see bribe as normal. The curses rained on them are nothing.

We need a very strong willed leader to move this country forward.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Haaland21: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The Nigerian Police Force be trying their best to maintain a good public outlook by projecting their selective disciplinary practices in the media. Where was this discipline during electoral malpractices of 2023 (s)election? Nonsensical nonsense.

Wailers can never be satisfied.....
Keep wailing....
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by MyExpression(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
I think I'm about to leave around 11 to national Market Harborough do you know embarassed
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by CodeTemplar: 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2023
Haaland21:

Wailers can never be satisfied.....
Keep wailing....
lol...mentally retarded entity. MRE.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by billyG(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
That same okokomaiko just on d road after d police station that one policeman in rags disguised as an agbero with Hitler moustache dey bounce up & down dey collect money from commercial bus drivers years back,I believe nothing change.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by Interimcartel: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2023
Removal of DPO is not a proper way of investigation by CP. It’s so harsh because same faith can meet the CP by IGP.
Re: Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion by yusluvad(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2023
Serves them well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Banker Found Murdered In Uganda, Boyfriend On The Run / 'God Heals Me Each Time I Smoke Weed'- Crippled Man Says In Calabar (pic / Update On The Alleged Female Pepper Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.