Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,454 members, 7,812,394 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

I Need Advice And Help Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice And Help Please (580 Views)

I Am Afraid Already,i Need Advice And Help / Do you Live In Yankee, Please Come In And Help Me Out With This Babe. Photos. / Share Your Biggest Problems Let's Try And Help Each Other Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice And Help Please by SuperBlack: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
I have been in a Relationship with this Particular Girl for a Long time now, and I have grown to Love Her so well, She's from Benue State ( Idoma) while I'm from Abia State,

Now I want to Marry Her, when I told the elders of my meeting that I want to Marry Her, they ask me if I know much about their tradition,

I said No, they said I should find out before proceeding, when I start making research,

I found out they have a culture that when their daughter is married outside, any time she dies her body will be brought back to her father's house for Burial,

I called her and sat her down and asked, she said she doesn't know much about that,

Then I told her to help ask her mum, maybe her mum will also help ask her father,

At long last, it now happen that it's true, I still said I will like to meet her father to hear from him direct,

I went to their house yesterday with my brother to meet with him, after telling him my intentions and the enquiring that I came fore,

The Old Man Said Tradition is Tradition and Nothing will Change it, that I should still do more research and ask questions too,

That he can't do anything about it,

SINCE THEN I'M TOO CONFUSED if I should carry On Or Back out!
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by SuperBlack: 2:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
SuperBlack:
I have been in a Relationship with this Particular Girl for a Long time now, and I have grown to Love Her so well, She's from Benue State ( Idoma) while I'm from Abia State,

Now I want to Marry Her, when I told the elders of my meeting that I want to Marry Her, they ask me if I know much about their tradition,

I said No, they said I should find out before proceeding, when I start making research,

I found out they have a culture that when their daughter is married outside, any time she dies her body will be brought back to her father's house for Burial

I called her and sat her down and asked, she said she doesn't know much about that,

Then I told her to help ask her mum, maybe her mum will also help ask her father,

At long last, it now happen that it's true, I still said I will like to meet her father to hear from him direct,

I went to their house yesterday with my brother to meet with him, after telling him my intentions and the enquiring that I came fore,

The Old Man Said Tradition is Tradition and Nothing will Change it, that I should still do more research and ask questions too,

Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Wodu89: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
SuperBlack:

I found out they have a culture that when their daughter is married outside, any time she dies her body will be brought back to her father's house for Burial,

Ode. Go and marry her. When she dies lets say at the age of 75, what value would her body be to you then ? Use your sense

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Jashub: 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2023
Why would you want to marry into a family that values its own tradition over common sense and your own sense of right and wrong ? Better be wise and ditch that relationship before their tradition takes over your home and happiness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Wodu89: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jashub:
Why would you want to marry into a family that values its own tradition over common sense and your own sense of right and wrong ? Better be wise and ditch that relationship before their tradition takes over your home and happiness

How does the girls village value their traditions over his. Please state where you got this from out of his post. Thank you
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by MechanicMike: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
SuperBlack:

angry
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by MechanicMike: 3:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
SuperBlack:

Ok So u wanto marry housegirl BECUZ her father come from Benue state... corrrrrrrect?.are u ok in the head sir?(no offenscce) angry
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Hollybratt(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hey, chap, actually you didn't deserve my comment but i will help you.
IRMC
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by dawnomike(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
SuperBlack:

Please, why are you bothered about when she dies when you guys are not even married yet
Is marriage not to be enjoyed while alive
What does where you bury her have to do with your future happiness and that of your unborn kids

We worry too much about tomorrow that we do not know yet depriving ourselves of the happiness of today!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Bluezy13(m): 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
I don't understand, did you intend to eat the corps or what

When you die, what will happen to your corps

Respect tradition no matter what.
If tradition itself does not harm you, the believers of the tradition will harm you on behalf of tradition.
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by CDCEO001: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2023
Why are you worried about where she will burried when she die? At this stage? Is she going to die anytime soon?
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by PerfectStranger(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
CDCEO001:
Why are you worried about where she will burried when she die? At this stage? Is she going to die anytime soon?
Whether he wan chop her corps I never know o

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Kobicove(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
What is confusing you?

It is either you want to proceed or you want to call it quits right now undecided

Either way do it quickly so the lady knows where she stands!
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Jashub: 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
Wodu89:

How does the girls village value their traditions over his. Please state where you got this from out of his post. Thank you
Oga, the OP edited his post . Tell him to post the earlier version where the girl's father said " that is tradition ..." , afterwards , read my post. Thank you
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Why are you so concerned about her dead body? Isn't she still alive now? Or do you want her to die ASAP?

Even if she dies, why does it matter where her resting place would be I mean it's not like she'll wake up from the dead if you bury her yourself.
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Wodu89: 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2023
Jashub:
Oga, the OP edited his post . Tell him to post the earlier version where the girl's father said " that is tradition ..." , afterwards , read my post. Thank you

Commented in line with information provided.
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Foodqueen(f): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2023
Wonders on nairaland.

What's your business with her dead body, u wan use her do ritual ni

Not only will it be buried in her father's compound, they will also confirm that no part is missing and every mark must be explainable.
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by Young03(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
Esan people of Edo state
Urhobo of Delta State has same tradition

Now even your own Abia state has it that when Nwada dies, her body will be returned to her father's compound but they later substituted it with cow.

From my own part, if Nwada dies in het husband's place.
The children will buy a cow and send it down to her village.
It will be killed and meat shared.
It's same thing everywhere
Re: I Need Advice And Help Please by frozen70(f): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
SuperBlack:

Some people have that tradition and it has been there before their fore fathers were born

So it will take the grace of God to break such tradition and no one wants to dare such because of the consequences

You should have asked for more tradion so that you can weigh your options

We can't advice you on this particular issues because it's not a new tradition

Its the level of your relationship with her and the love you have for each other that will determine what you will do

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reactions To This Comment On Facebook That May We Never Marry Men That Disgrace / Dear Men, A Woman Who Truly Love You Will Not Allow You To Do These 5 Things For / Do People Really Value Marriage Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.