Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? (515 Views)

Estimated Billings..meter Functioning Well / Exorbitant Estimated Electricity Billings! Post Your March Bills Here / PLEASE Can Someone Tell Me How I Can Report BEDC To The Appropriate Authority? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by imagrg(m): 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
For more than 4 years now, Benin Electricity Distribution Company has been giving me exorbiexorbitant estimated monthly billings for one of my houses in Benin City, a four bedroom flat.

This bills range between N44,000 to N47,000 monthly in spite of several complaint I made to them.

Please can someone tell me which body to report this case to as they feel reluctant to adjust the bills.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by DeepThroater: 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2023
imagrg:
For more than 4 years now, Benin Electricity Distribution Company has been giving me exorbiexorbitant estimated monthly billings for one of my houses in Benin City, a four bedroom flat.

This bills range between N44,000 to N47,000 monthly in spite of several complaint I made to them.

Please can someone tell me which body to report this case to as they feel reluctant to adjust the bills.

Switch to prepaid .

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by Synty00: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
Okkkkk
Come office
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by imagrg(m): 11:47pm On Apr 18, 2023
They said meters are not available. I don't want to buy used ones. Some of them are stolen meters.
DeepThroater:

Switch to prepaid .

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by Dreal1247: 1:51am On Apr 19, 2023
I'm planning to sue them. I have an active analog meter which is perfectly working. But this criminal minded people still sends estimated billings to me. After complaining, they started sending someone to take the monthly photograph of the reading. For some times, they kept sending zero billing to me. But all of a sudden, they still sent the outrageous bills to me. I complained, but they refused to deduct it from the cumulative amount.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by olumzzz(m): 4:49am On Apr 24, 2023
imagrg:

NERC
34 Apkakpava
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by Quenncee: 5:38am On Apr 24, 2023
imagrg:

copy NERC and ICPC
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by NaMe4: 6:55am On Apr 24, 2023
They refuse to distribute meters, except you get persons to bribe here and there.

At a time I had credit with them (excess payments). All of a sudden, despite steady uninterrupted monthly payments, they started sending outrageous bills running into millions. grin Meanwhile, the power supply is the worst in the country.

I don forget about them. I've been using solar, have virtually uninterrupted power supply. In fact, the diesel and petrol generators have been dormant.

Thankfully, the bill for state and private generation/distribution of power was passed late last year.
It's a matter of time, entities who really have business with power will emerge.

Just get alternative source of power and forget them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by imagrg(m): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2023
Thanks.
But for now, that may be too expensive for me.
I'm just a retired public servant.
cool
NaMe4:
They refuse to distribute meters, except you get persons to bribe here and there.

At a time I had credit with them (excess payments). All of a sudden, despite steady uninterrupted monthly payments, they started sending outrageous bills running into millions. grin Meanwhile, the power supply is the worst in the country.

I don forget about them. I've been using solar, have virtually uninterrupted power supply. In fact, the diesel and petrol generators have been dormant.

Thankfully, the bill for state and private generation/distribution of power was passed late last year.
It's a matter of time, entities who really have business with power will emerge.

Just get alternative source of power and forget them.
Re: Exorbitant Estimated Billings: Who Do I Report BEDC To Please? by imagrg(m): 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
FGN should look into this distortion in the power sector.

(1) (Reply)

REC Hudu, A Disgrace To Bauchi — Cleric / The Negative Impact Of Subsidy Removal On My Phone Charging Business / Happy Masturbat1on Month And More Nonsense From Jewkraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.