Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads (14199 Views)

Nigeria’s Non-oil Income Outpaces Oil By N1.5trn In One Year / FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b / Fg Approves Contracts For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Road Projects At N169b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by peekspot(m): 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2023

The federal executive council (FEC) has approved the sum of N1.535 trillion for the construction and rehabilitation of eleven roads across the country.

The construction would be enabled under the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) tax credit scheme.

Speaking on Wednesday after the council meeting, Babatunde Fashola, the minister of works and housing, said over N1.5 trillion would be spent on some major roads in Nigeria, totalling over 700 kilometres linking 11 states.

The states include Edo, Delta, Kano, Kaduna, Borno and Adamawa among others.

“The council gave approval for the construction and rehabilitation of 11 roads totalling 737.242 kilometres in the sum of N1, 535, 154, 247, 234.48 under phase II of the NNPC tax credit scheme,” Fashola said.

“Recall that in January this year, the council approved a memo for the NNPC to invest N1.9 trillion on our roads. That amount was then about 44 roads that had been awarded and the balance of those roads that had to go through procurement between then and now are the 11 that have now been approved by the council.”

In a report by TheCable, Fashola said in November 2022 that NNPC Limited has released N196 billion for roads under the tax credit scheme out of the N662 billion approved by the FEC.

He added that the ministry needed N1.2 trillion for the execution of highway projects, but only N198.9 billion has been allocated under the budget envelope in 2023 for the roads.

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-approves-n1-5trn-for-construction-rehabilitation-of-over-700km-roads/amp

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by domDva(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2023
The way Ministers are struggling to clear projects and get their kickback money before leaving is mind bugling.

Suddenly the man in Abuja is now installing Chinese traffic light few weeks to departure. I’m sure if we hear the amount being spent on those lights , one ll go gaga

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by SocialJustice: 10:26pm On Apr 19, 2023
Nigeria is a horrible joke.

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Ceenachi: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2023
I feel like leaving this country but anytime I get to the airport I used to asked myself, can Nigeria cope without me. embarassed embarassed

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by believeMEyou: 10:52am On Apr 20, 2023
Just 700Km? Azin 2.5 Billion naira per kilometre? undecided
Only in Nigeria them dey use 2.5 billion naira build 1Km of road, thieves. Last time I checked, there are 774 local governments in Nigeria... That money go reach to build World standard secondary schools in almost every local government in Nigeria, fitted with Inoson school buses and State of the art facilities. But no, Nigerian government head no dey reach there. Na how to embezzle be their own

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Mrkcee(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2023
The APC-led government is doing well.
God bless President MBuhari!
God Bless NIGERIA 🇳🇬.

I'm certain that President-elect Tinubu will perform even better; his tenures will bring more peace, prosperity and progress to our beautiful country Nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by MrCGPA(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2023
I was Shocked to my Bone Marrow recently when I saw the Makurdi to Enugu(9th Mile) Road. The only interstate Federal High Way With Single Lane Damaged beyond Human Imagination. Some Parts of this Country is too Segregated to be Frank. Food Items truly needs to be expensive in the East because nobody will drive his luggage from the North on the Eye Sore Road and Sell it Cheap for You. Nigeria should do something Seriously about that Federal Road.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by GOTVee: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2023
sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Titilayo4life: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Money we see on paper

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Approves from where.. ?

ABI NA LOAN?.... What are the 11 states?...

1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:54am On Apr 20, 2023
SS/SE will get the rats share as usual even though we suffer the worst federal infrastructural deficit in Nigeria today

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Mindlog: 10:55am On Apr 20, 2023
Ceenachi:
I feel like leaving this country but anytime I get to the airport I used to asked myself, can Nigeria cope without me. embarassed embarassed

Say u be who?😂😂😂😂

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 20, 2023
angry

why is Buhari suddenly in a hurry to approve all contracts running in trillions now ?

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by SalamRushdie: 10:55am On Apr 20, 2023
Fashola strikes again , laying 1 KM of road at at almost 2.5 billion a KM ..this is wickedness

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by SalamRushdie: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2023
believeMEyou:
Just 700 Km? undecided

Almost 2.5 billion per kilometer ... Fashola no be better person ASWEAR

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by sonature1: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2023
Why is NNPC incurring losses since Ibe Kachikwu left and nobody is being made to answer?

Why are they taking money from NNPC to pay for projects approved?

How come NNPC is more interested in financing projects instead of having a functional refinery?

What is wrong with this country and those who run it?

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by BuhariAdvocate: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2023
Please government should be endure to list such projects at least we know.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by wonlasewonimi: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2023
A fi road road road sha
Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by BrutusOj(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2023
This man and the crooks working under him want to finish everything left in the national treasury before they hand over. Where was he for the past 7 years that all these projects were not approved till the dieing minutes?

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by AntiChristian: 10:58am On Apr 20, 2023
God bless PMB!
God bless the President Elect!
God bless Nigeria!
God Bless all those who wish Nigeria Good!
God Bless all those who want hear Good News from Nigeria!
As for the purveyors/peddlers of concocted bad/sad news about Nigeria, Sadness will always reside with them!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Reference(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2023
Nigeria.... Contractors Paradise.
Flash sales currently going on in Abuja.... all old stock must go before May 29th.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Bfly: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2023
Road construction is one Big format in Buhari administration.

No people's development strategy.

This government just want the youths to stay alive regardless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by ACRI: 11:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Last minute stealing

Roads they didn't do in 8 years

Nigeria my country

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by haybhi1(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2023
Well, Fashola appears to be the most active of Buhari ministers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by eldoradoxx: 11:04am On Apr 20, 2023
As far as I am concerned, asking NNPC to use funds that should have paid into the consolidated revenue of the whole federation to build federal roads is illegal and the State Governments with empty heads as Attorney General don't understand why their revenue is going down every day. NNPC belongs to the Federal Government and the 36 States because they manage Nigeria's oil and gas assets admittedly with other IOCs.
Whatever revenue NNPC makes is the revenue of the entire federation must be paid in full into the federation account for sharing by FG, States and LGAs. Now asking NNPC to use part of what should have gone to the purse of the entire country to build federal roads is like someone who was given money to share with u, deducting part of it to pay his house rent before bringing the balance to the table. Daylight robbery.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Benrosaria(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2023
and road still dey spoil, cars still dey spoil. you spend so much and life and property is lost. then stop doing road
Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Lobotomy02: 11:04am On Apr 20, 2023
Approving money wey no dey for projects that will never be completed! Lol
Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Benrosaria(m): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2023
Ceenachi:

I love this quote, meaning you are passionate about rebranding a Nigeria
Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by bigdammyj: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2023
Noted.
Re: Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads by Femisol(m): 11:07am On Apr 20, 2023
The Nigerian masses have really been exploited for so long.

They did not add when the road construction will commence and when it will be completed.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti State Deputy Governor Resigned / Buhari Inaugurates A Committee To Audit Recovered Funds (Photos) / "Reno Omokri And FFK Shall Remain Scattered Till Nigeria Is Free"- Otunba Biodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.