Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? (1091 Views)

7 Months Later; Is Nigeria Getting Worse Or Better Under Buhari? / Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? / Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? by igbo2011(m): 2:13am On Sep 23, 2011
I have been to Nigeria every year for a couple of years. I was in Lagos and I can say that it is getting better and better. I also went to the village and that place is getting worse. SO overall, is Nigeria getting better or worse? Are more people getting educated? Living longer? Less crime? etc.
Re: Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? by aljharem3: 2:19am On Sep 23, 2011
depends on how you look at it but actually some sections are getting better while other are getting worse

as u said, u went to lagos and it is getting better, well same goes to states like Ogun. where things are getting better

also enugu and rivers state too are coming up in terms of development ie better

other parts are getting worse.

I remember abuja back in the days. people were few and the city was the best but now, constant migration of people is putting pressure on the state.

states like plateau, delta, abia, are getting worse. with the state of infrasturture.

others states are just the same with little or no development but definatly no improvement

My advice is for u to stay in lagos or go to abuja or port harcourt. this is where the life is. FACT!
Re: Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? by juman(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2011
The country was getting worse.

But now I believe the federal government is going toward right direction. Also more state governments are performing. So overall there is hope.
Re: Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? by dplordx(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2011
Better for me o! I thank God!
Re: Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? by igbo2011(m): 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2011
This is good, I hope the development gets better and better because I want Nigeria to be an African success story.
Re: Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? by Greenslim: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
Villages cannot be much beta like towns.
Re: Is Nigeria Getting Better Or Worse? by PointB: 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
@Poster
it depends on who you ask. There is a guy her called Gbawe. He believes all the state run by ACN governnor are improving rapidly and are not corrupt. But on the other hand all the PDP run states are mired in corruption. That is Gbawe for u.

But if u ask me, i think Ahj Haram was closer to it. Except that i would add Enugu, Calabar, and Owerri to the place you may be very comfortable to leave in. And i would take off Lagos, unless long hours in traffic, potholes filled roads in the midst of high taxes is your idea of improvement.

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi Captured? / Yoruba Land / Nigeria On The Verge Of Disintegration, Say Northern Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.