Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness (14676 Views)

Governor Darius Ishaku Playing Golf (photos) / Any Governor Saying He Can Tackle Insecurity Is Lying – Governor Darius Ishaku / Darius Ishaku: FG Plotting To Stop Me, Six Others From Seeking Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Nemere2020: 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
Governor Darius Dickson Ishaku has apologised to Taraba people whom he might have stepped on their toes during his eight-year administration.

Ishaku tendered his apology during a thanksgiving service organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Taraba State chapter, held at the CAN Secretariat in Jalingo.

The governor said he was happy that his mantra of “Give Me Peace and I will Give You Development” has found firm roots in the minds of Tarabans and urged the people to let the spirit of peace, love, and forgiveness guide their attitudes, actions, and relations with their fellow people.

Ishaku had earlier during a Special Easter Thanksgiving Service at the Anglican Church Mayo Dasa in Jalingo, the state capital knelt before the congregation and sought the forgiveness of all that he had offended during his eight years as governor of the state.

“As a leader who had led the state for almost eight years, it was likely that I might have offended so many people either knowingly or unknowingly in the cause of discharging my duties as the Executive Governor ” he said.

Ishaku stated that it is Biblical for him to openly apologise and seek for the forgiveness of those he might have have offended.

Biblically, we are taught to forgive those who offend us. In this case, I am asking those I have offended to forgive me. I did this in the House of God and if they did not forgive me, it is between them and God,” he further stated.

The outgoing governor expressed appreciation to God for giving him the wisdom to serve the people of the State effectively despite all the challenges that confronted his administration.

He, however, urged people of the state to give his successor, Lt. Col. Kefas Agbu (Rtd), support and cooperation to enable him succeed.

This is the second time the governor would go before a congregation to publicly seek forgiveness from politicians and the people of Taraba on issues and areas he might have offended them.

Last week, President Muhammadu Buhari also pleaded with Nigerians whom he might have offended to forgive him.

A week before Buhari’s public plea, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano also asked the people to forgive him.

https://dailytrust.com/like-buhari-ganduje-taraba-governor-begs-nigerians-for-forgiveness/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by slivertongue: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2023
This is the time of truth. Hope they will return d people's stolen wealth

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by AntiChristian: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
It actually ain't easy to be a leader! Most of us are leaders of our house, place of worship, office, community, etc.

Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No man is appointed as leader for more than ten days but that he will be brought on the Day of Resurrection with his hands shackled to his neck, until judgment is issued between him and them.”
Source: al-Mu’jam al-Awsaṭ 288
Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Every treacherous person will have a banner raised over him on the Day of Resurrection according to the measure of his betrayal. Surely, there is no greater betrayal than that committed by a ruler over the commoners.” Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim

May Allah forgive and pardon you all for your minor deeds!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
Don't be deceived brothers by these Men and forgiveness pleas. That shows that they know and deliberately suffer us. Let's hope for a better tomorrow with the new government

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Toluajib: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by salbis(m): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
Why would they intentionally subject poor masses into various problems and later pretend as if nothing had happened.

Buhari and his co-forgiveness beggars should clearly tell us what they did wrong.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by LagosFirstSon: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
The new format by this APC idiots now after destroying Nigeria

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Yakhi84: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
Na that forgiveness wey them dey seek go kee their head there.

Bunch of stoopid old men and most especially, f**lish followers!

18 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Caramia2020(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
Politicians and their dramas, they should allow Efcc to checkmate them for any mismanagement of public funds, I would love that type of apology.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by DatNiggaDaz: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
Nigeria, a country run by Circus Lords

2 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Boyooosa(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
Can you imagine and they all used 8 years angry

Assuming there is a third term, they will all be campaigning for another 4 years.

Who created Africa sef

15 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by tobenuel(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
I think it's high time I begged all my exes for forgiveness

2 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by loosecanon50(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
In others parts of the world, they have fairly good leaders. The only problem they face most of the time is natural disaster.

Nigeria is meant to be a great country...the only natural disasters we face here are our foolish leaders.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by buharibanjo(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2023
Every body de beg now
😂🤣
Na wa o
Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by LesbianBoy(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Nigerians have suffered seriously. See what hatred for igbos has caused. If not for hatred for igbos, there would have been a revolution by now from young people. These politicians have not only dealt with Nigerians they are even insulting their sensibilities shocked shocked shocked

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Komu1048(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Hehehe
Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Darnell9(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
The new format by this APC idiots now after destroying Nigeria
i swear
Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by broadman20: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Nigerians are foolish indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by MasterJayJay: 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
All from north. They know how to manipulate their people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Raxxye(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
The new format!

1 Like

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by unity004(m): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2023
grin
Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by LegacyB: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2023
Kiki
Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Megabig: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
They are coming down from the high horses, I recall sitting right beside formal governor Gbenga Daniels on a flight to Heathrow.
He went to the bathroom more than 5 times before we landed, at every point he needed to pass, he will says excuse me and I didn’t even respond and he totally noticed the disgust on my face. whether e no well or e de fear say people no even hail am “my governor, my governor “

Na God go punish all of una wey play with innocent people lives

4 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
Return the stolen money

2 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Johncuppa(m): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2023
E
Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by kunleiky(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2023
APC halleluyah boys on this platform what have you got to say about this series of apologies from your paymasters?
Can you now see that they failed you and us woefully.
It's high time you people apologize to those you have insulted on this platform.
Do before we start doing roll call o.
You know yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by simpleseyi: 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2023
Remaining Peter Obituary to beg his dumb followers

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Drupzempire: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2023
Them don thieve our national wealth during una 8 years una no send us na now una know say the masses dey thunder fire una left nyansh.....EFCC dey wait una

2 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Angelfrost(m): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2023
These imbeciles are making a mockery of the act of Begging and Penance!

They are not sorry for deliberately enriching themselves while failing to deliver good governance!

They are apologizing in other to make gullible and naive citizens think lightly of their failures.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Smartguyboy(m): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2023
Apologizing because their all failed Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Governor Darius Ishaku Begs Nigerians For Forgiveness by Sammy5413(m): 4:13pm On Apr 24, 2023
May God punish y'all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are You Doing As A Citizen To Help Nigeria? / Tinubu Meets Buhari In Abuja Ahead Of Official Campaign Flagoff On Tuesday / PDP Zones National Chairman To South-West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.