Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

After Over One Year In Ghana. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Over One Year In Ghana. (52888 Views)

Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / CRCC to construct 560km railway line in Ghana at $2bn, cost of 156km Lagos-Ibada / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by AgassiSamson: 6:58am On Apr 26, 2023
Ok
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 26, 2023
Late thirties? Bro you are gone o! Just go and learn barbing
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Tundex911: 7:07am On Apr 26, 2023
Erigga ft Victor AD motivation comes to mind

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by maasoap(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2023
EgwunsoDOTcom:
I can't believe all these fools above are condemning the guy for seeking greener pasture elsewhere.. Wicked people really dey this world sad

Condemned? Learn to read and comprehend. They're saying that he didn't do his research properly before he left Nigeria for Ghana. I'm even surprised that people including you didn't pay attention to what he said about himself NOT HAVING QUALIFICATIONS OR ANY SKILL at late thirties. That's so terrible!
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Evestar200(f): 7:22am On Apr 26, 2023
NoToPile:

Loool @ bolded
sorry I just had to quote you. Thank God it was Ghana it's still close by. Lessons learnt if it was obodo abroad another story entirely.
Is even God that saved him, he would have died in Ghana.

My brother legs were swollen due to too much of Soaking Garri🤭🤭🤭🤭. Have deleted pictures if not would have post here.

We are thought my brother has contacted a big man sickness not knowing is too much of Soaking Gari with Sugar.

He said food are expensive there and Ghanaians are hostile towards Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by maasoap(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2023
plantist:

Although this writeup isn't error-free, you can't tell me you don't have an education with this writeup. You and I know that a secondary school student couldn't have put down his thoughts this way.

You are wrong about that. He could have perfected his grammar over the years without additional certificates
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by maasoap(m): 7:24am On Apr 26, 2023
TUANKU:

You're a sad person. The dyke who gave birth to you should have been sterilised.

He's not entirely wrong. We have seen it over and over again! grin grin grin
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by pocohantas(f): 7:27am On Apr 26, 2023
Everyday one Nlder goes to an African country and comes back to create a thread on how it is better than Nigeria. The next day, you guys are packing your bags to go there.

There was a time these countries favoured most Nigerians. This was right from after the civil war to early 2000s. As usual Nigerians cast and they are now very cautious when dealing with us.

Any small thing, you people will say they have light. You think electricity is cheap? Shey na this one wey una dey bypass prepaid meter? Even Nigerians in the abroad dey off heater steady to reduce electricity bills. The period wey NEPA vex nack us up to 22hrs in a day for one month, the bill choke!! I almost thought our prepaid meter was faulty.

Yenyenyen, Cedis is better than Naira.
Benin Republic is better than Nigeria.

The other day one say na Mozambique!

That was how they sold Rwanda and my tech bro friend went there. The citizens were so hungry but they couldn't speak out. The girls were falling over themselves to snap with his MacBook. One told him to take her back to Nigeria under 2 days relationship. Everything was so expensive. Basic things looked like luxury. The guy ran back.

Nigeria is bad, but no dey compare Nigeria to some kind countries abeg. We have freedom of speech to an extent. If they born you well, go to Gabon and speak against Bongo. You wouldn't know what hit you.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by maasoap(m): 7:28am On Apr 26, 2023
milkymesh:
You carry your problem come NL. I'm sure you have read through the comments. Any reasonable one apart from depressing comments?

Go r/Nigeria for reddit and drop your question.
All these half baked people can't offer you anything than insult and castigation.

It is reality check on nairaland. Carry your issue come nairaland only if you are ready to see yourself in a mirror the way you have never seen yourself before. You will hear the truth that will make you reflect on your life and hear what you have been doing wrong.
Heck, he left Nigeria a year ago!

3 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Hamachi(f): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2023
inoki247:

Lol wake up from your dream if Coke is selling for 200naira when Diesel is selling for over 700 plus how will it now go up when They remove Subsidy not possible cause most Manufacturing company make use of diesel even most of dere distribution truck all runs on Diesel apart from the reseller that uses dere small vehicle that uses petrol....

So if Diesel that they're using majorly didn't make it jump to 500 who come be Petrol so you guys should rest with all this bad wishes you've for the country...
Come back to tell me when it Jumps to 500
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by maasoap(m): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

That's because job no dey. The government makes those laws to protect their citizens. Except you are an investor with a lot of money. These African countries are off limits.

When foreigners realise this and begin to leave in droves, it will still hurt their economy in the long run.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by samz77: 7:39am On Apr 26, 2023
With just #200k invested in my forex business. I make #25k weekly that's about #100k in a month.is that good for someone like me. I too am a graduate without anything doing but this never say die attitude is in me. When I say I must make a headway I don't look back until I get it done. Should I be recalling the sleepless nights or the amount of money that loss in the process of getting this break through.Which I had recovered within the shortest possible time. Infact I just sleep and wake open my phone and laptop to check how much have garnered so far . . You go for it also if you so desire. . if you need this my Gmail address alatolait@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Evestar200(f): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2023
pocohantas:
Everyday one Nlder goes to an African country and comes back to create a thread on how it is better than Nigeria. The next day, you guys are packing your bags to go there.

There was a time these countries favoured most Nigerians. This was right from after the civil war to early 2000s. As usual Nigerians cast and they are now very cautious when dealing with us.

Any small thing, you people will say they have light. You think electricity is cheap? Shey na this one wey una dey byepass prepaid meter? Even Nigerians in the abroad dey off heater steady to reduce electricity bills. The period wey NEPA vex nack us up to 22hrs in a day for one month, the bill choke!! I almost thought our prepaid meter was faulty.

Yenyenyen, Cedis is better than Naira.
Benin Republic is better than Nigeria.

The other day one say na Mozambique!

That was how they sold Rwanda and my tech bro friend went there. The citizens were so hungry but they couldn't speak out. The girls were falling over themselves to snap with his MacBook. One told him to take her back to Nigeria under 2 days relationship. Everything was so expensive. Basic things looked like luxury. The guy ran back.

Nigeria is bad, but no dey compare Nigerians to some kind countries abeg. We even have freedom of speech to an extent. If they born you well, go to Gabon and speak against Bongo. You wouldn't know what hit you.
The Rwanda own is the funniest thing, the way people thought Rwanda is El Dorado is baffling.

Their President is Selling the sweetest part of Rwanda until you enter the country is when you will know that Rwanda is the opposite of what is being portrayed on the internet.

Rwanda, Ghana, and Zimbabwe have the highest inflation rate in Africa and Most of Rwanda's citizens are in Neighbouring countries like Uganda, DR Congo, and Tanzania for Survival.

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by worried222: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2023
frankadrian:

If you knew a thing a thing about UK you wouldn't type this sh$$t. How can a sane compare a person living in the UK to Ghana?
Don’t mind the 1diot
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Hamachi(f): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2023
tuti:
I need to register a business name in Ghana, can anyone help?
Yes
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Hamachi(f): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2023
Brokeness:

I have a laptop with the specs you mentioned. Can you mentor me pls? How do I get in touch? 🙏
join m y c r y p t o n g on telegram

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Hamachi(f): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2023
Dopeluiz:
Uganda is good also
You say?! Why am I in Nigeria
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Hamachi(f): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2023
tunde1200:
I had similar experiences in Libya far back 1999 to 2003.
I summoned courage and returned back to my country and today I thank God almighty for my life and I never regret.
Am even looking for a good writer I can tell my ordeal in Libya and some other countries and publish because am not a good writer.

Soy advice is go for farming business if you can is a good business which I added to my aircraft maintenance engineering.
drop your email
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by maisauki: 8:00am On Apr 26, 2023
kokorokoman:

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

i am now a shadow of myself, ghana na wa o.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.
I can feel your pains and understand your plight, brotherly
First, I'll opine you look at serving humanity in whatever job you finally wanna do. How? You're into fashion design. Have it at the back of your mind that you're doing it to help people see good clothes. Money will seemlessly come, but it means you've put the horse before the cart, and not the other way round. Another advantage of this is that you'll always be relaxed and happy
Second, don't look at your mates. If you want to, don't look at those 'better' than you alone, reflect on those that have died, those that are bedridden, etc. I once heard of a commissioner's wife who's battling with 5 big sicknesses ( cancer, fibroid, diabetes...). To worsen things, she mustn't sleep! She's always having very scary nightmares

People must eat, no matter what. That's why I settled for agribusiness
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Jecci(f): 8:17am On Apr 26, 2023
Don't mind our people small small things too dey impress them. Once them see light they haff fall yakata dey cap shit Ghana is better than Nigeria yen yen yen. Not until reality hits them hard.

There is nothing in that country even for a million dollars nothing go make me go back. Thinking about that country even gives me PTSD.

Very poor country with high standard of living. No jobs to support the high standard of living. Country that depends on importation for every of their needs. They don't produce anything at all.... maybe adonko bitters cos that's their only known export😂😂😂😂.
emmaodet:

grin grin grin
What really made me scared of Ghana was when a friend rented an apartment at Kasoa which is outskirt of the capital Accra and he paid 9000 Ghana cedis for a 2 bedroom flat and that was in 2016. As at then, 9000 Ghana cedis was 900k naira.
Omoh, I was shocked.
It is like someone paying 900k in Ifo or sango Otta which are outskirt of Lagos, now imagine what people are paying in central Accra.
I don't even know how they pay such rent because it is a very very poor country with very poor salary scale so I wonder how they get to pay those house rents.
Even Nungua where I schooled, to get a one room for rent for 30k /30 cedis na with beta beta abeeeeg
Just imagine one room for 30k per month

4 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by ogelekpomgam(m): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2023
GeneralPula:
now this are my questions.
*can someone like me survive the current nigeria economy?

Ans - Why not?..

*does the incoming tinubu govt have a place for people like me?

Ans - Yes, he does..

Your own still good. You see those wey rush go UK? They've realized that greener pasture you read on media or see on TV is very diff from reality..
Pls,if you are not making up to 3-4 million naira a month in Nigeria here,stop comparing yourself to the least persons in UK.Don't make empty and unrealistic statement.An average salary there is 3,000-4,000pounds per month.

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Jecci(f): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2023
Very terrible oooo. Not like I was suffering per say because I have a support system there that was catering for my every need so I never had to work for a day while staying there.

But things is I see homeless and stranded Nigerians everywhere they were sold the Ghana dream and they fell for it. Things are fucking expensive there. As a Nigerian you just stand out as the odd one there. Envious people. Didn't even complete my education there had to run back to Nigeria to start all over again thank God I am in the university here now and I feel at home here. Really comfortable. If it is not a standard Western country for migration count me out
Gerrard59:

Must be so terrible.

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Tonytonex(m): 8:32am On Apr 26, 2023
nothingspoil70:
Please don't come back to Nigeria now. Nigeria is no good for anything. In fact Nigeria is the worst place on earth to be at the moment. Didn't you hear Tinubu had just been elected president? Try find your way to Sudan if you can
sudan is on war na🙄
There's war going on in Sudan.
You are not current
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Prosperity4All: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2023
kokorokoman:

*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need your help and suggestions.
please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.

Nija don cast before you comot, that much you know.
So the question you should be asking yourself is what has improved on the economic front necessitating relocating back. Is Electricity now Bette in Nigeria than Ghana compared to when you left.
But, just one year ago, if you asked me I would definitely have told you Don't Go To Ghana.

What you need to do now is seat your Ass in one place and acquire a skill that is in growing demand before any movement. The video editing you mentioned is good and there is so much you can do with even for yourself. It can get you a job any day anytime. I am even on the lookout for those to work with me on some projects because my hands are getting over-full. You can work from anywhere, and 247 electricity is important so consider it while you move.

Regards relocation again, I hear living cost are damn expensive in Ghana. Maybe consider other West-African countries with lower cost and stable light.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Tonytonex(m): 8:34am On Apr 26, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Pls,if you are not making up to 3-4 million naira a month in Nigeria here,stop comparing yourself to the least persons in UK.Don't make empty and unrealistic statement.An average salary there is 3,000-4,000pounds per month.
don't mind that buffoon

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 26, 2023
You for try Togo or ivory coast grin

Ghana is just a stone throw, and one year is not so far off, for you not to know how Nigeria is.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 26, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Is that your take home, after taxes and bills?

Or gross salary?

Plus not everyone is proud of doing menial or dehumanizing jobs, especially when in late 30's and 40's. Pounds is N580/pound, your calculation is wrong, 4000 pounds is about 2.4million naira.

4 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by rikithor(m): 8:58am On Apr 26, 2023
[quote author=kokorokoman post=122730403]After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need your help and suggestions.
please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.[/quot
Learn how to drive manual and automatic vehicles,get driving license.
Driving job is one of the quick stepping Stones to any other platform.
If you need help my contacts is below
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by franchasofficia: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2023
No skill
No higher education
No special talent
No huge startup capital
No business
No profitable business plan

How then did you plan to make it in Ghana, via Yahoo.Yahoo abi HK?

Nigerians make a lot of mistake. You can never make it in any country in the world if you have nothing to offer. You can only make it through crime, which is what most Nigerians do to make it abroad when they travel without education, skill, special talent, startup capital, etc.

So op don't blame Ghana, blame yourself.

As a youth, if your parents didn't send you to higher institution, please try and learn a skill or handiwork for your own future.

As a parent, if you cannot afford to send your child to a higher institution after his or her secondary school education, please send the child to learn a lucrative handiwork or skill, it is another form of education that will help the child navigate through life.

European countries have skill and vocational training schools for middleclass people that can't afford to train their children in universities.

Don't allow your child or sibling to cross 20yrs without learning a handiwork or acquiring a sellable skill or enrolling in higher institution to study a professional course, doing that is dangerous please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Dopeluiz(m): 9:08am On Apr 26, 2023
Hamachi:
You say?! Why am I in Nigeria
are u from Uganda??
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by blingxx(m): 9:11am On Apr 26, 2023
nonny1212:
No dey leak our secret na... why u like this? grin

Digital skill na soft work. The money fit no dey drop like bomb but e dey drop steady. At least, you no go dey hungry at all, u go dey pay rent. If oil dey your head, u fit buy ride join

If you come sabi digital, come get grace, just be ready for too much funds. Grace no be anybody mate grin

Thanks for the update thank God say I don start Amazon kdp , currently learning copywriting from someone who is making millions from it
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Bimbilla(m): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2023
I wonder oooooo
thesicilian:

You claim you spent one year in neighbouring Ghana here and yet you're asking questions like someone who has lived over a decade on Mars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos) / Burial Of The 26 Nigerian Girls Killed In Mediterranean Sea (Pictures) / Nigeria Airways 18 Years After It Packed Up (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.