Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

After Over One Year In Ghana. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Over One Year In Ghana. (52716 Views)

Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / CRCC to construct 560km railway line in Ghana at $2bn, cost of 156km Lagos-Ibada / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Over One Year In Ghana. by kokorokoman: 4:58am On Apr 25, 2023
After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

now this are my questions.
*can someone like me survive the current nigeria economy?
*does the incoming tinubu govt have a place for people like me?
*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need your help and suggestions.
please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
i am now a shadow of myself, ghana na wa o.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by kokorokoman: 4:59am On Apr 25, 2023
please modes, front page for more audience

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by ebexofficial: 5:05am On Apr 25, 2023
Do what you have to do with hope and diligence.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by thesicilian: 5:06am On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
after over one year in ghana without anything to show for it i have finally decided to come back to nigeria.
with no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.
in my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need your help and suggestions.
please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
i am now a shadow of myself, ghana na wa o.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.

You claim you spent one year in neighbouring Ghana here and yet you're asking questions like someone who has lived over a decade on Mars.

330 Likes 25 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by kokorokoman: 5:18am On Apr 25, 2023
thesicilian:

You claim you spent one year in neighbouring Ghana here and yet you're asking questions like someone who has lived over a decade on Mars.
didn't know it will get you angry, no vex o.

221 Likes 12 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by GeneralPula: 5:34am On Apr 25, 2023

Ans - Why not?..

Ans - Yes, he does..

Your own still good. You see those wey rush go UK? They've realized that greener pasture you read on media or see on TV is very diff from reality..

203 Likes 13 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by kokorokoman: 5:37am On Apr 25, 2023
GeneralPula:

Ans - Why not?..

Ans - Yes, he does..

Your own still good. You see those wey rush go UK? They've realized that greener pasture you read on media or see on TV is very diff from reality..
thanks brother, any suggestions on any quick digital skill?

3 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by inoki247: 5:40am On Apr 25, 2023
Lol apart from electricity nd maybe security...

Nigeria is far better than Ghana Economically we are better if Akufo Addo try doz shiitty policy's we all survived I don't think that country will survive...

When people say different jargons Abt Nigeria they want to go to Ghana that's better I tell them safe trip nothing cheap for that country even ordinary Olosho he cost....

With all dere 247 electricity isn't even showing in derr economy all dere things still costly than our own where the manufacturing company are running on Gen imagine Coke 30cl for 5cedis thats like 300naira apart from the big eatery in Nigeria 50cl Coke is just 200naira if anyone tells you as a Nigerian that Ghana is better and his living dere ask him to show you his bank statement when he was living in Nigeria and his Mobile wallet in Ghana to see if that electricity makes him more productive and his showing in his life...

As a struggling Nigerian sef you can't afford dere Permit so why go stay in another man's country illegally derr permit cost $500 you will pay it in Dollars not dere local currency we Neva talk tips wey u go pay before dey even approve it which can also be like $500 making $1000 nd you've to renew every Year..

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Redoil: 6:28am On Apr 25, 2023
why all the lies that Ghana is far better than Nigeria

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by olawalepopoola: 6:50am On Apr 25, 2023
No time is late in life. There are great opportunities for you in Nigeria if you are not ashamed to do any work to survive.
You can go into laundry, selling of snacks, farming etc.
I wish you all the best in life.
If you can dream and work towards your success, then you can achieve it.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by donbachi(m): 6:57am On Apr 25, 2023
Bro,na abroad be dat oo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by nothingspoil70: 7:09am On Apr 25, 2023
Please don't come back to Nigeria now. Nigeria is no good for anything. In fact Nigeria is the worst place on earth to be at the moment. Didn't you hear Tinubu had just been elected president? Try find your way to Sudan if you can

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by ibechris(m): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2023
GeneralPula:

Ans - Why not?..

Ans - Yes, he does..

U can survive especially if u have energy and resilience of igbo men.
If u can do the above,be sure u are going to be successful in time to come.

Lastly, u must leave ur present and past environment so as to avoid the present and old obstacles before u.

Wishing u the best as u take this bold step.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by GeneralPula: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2023
kokorokoman:
thanks brother, any suggestions on any quick digital skill?
Why are you adding quick? grin

Whatever that’s good would definitely takes time you know?

Ion have any digital skills but I can assure you that if you can go learn Photographing, you’d be making money. People take pictures a lot in Nigeria. Photographers are barely jobless..

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by tsdarkside(m): 8:05am On Apr 25, 2023
thesicilian:

haha....ghana is not even that much different than nigeria sef....nigeria just have only more population and the competition is extrem....if you cant make it in ghana,how you wan have it easier in nigeria....??

digital he says....kiki....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by frankadrian: 8:32am On Apr 25, 2023
GeneralPula:

If you knew a thing a thing about UK you wouldn't type this sh$$t. How can a sane compare a person living in the UK to Ghana?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Jecci(f): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2023
Your eyes is finally open now to the truth bah. Everytime someone will not rest from Ghana is better than Nigeria and you see people buying into that crase.

They don't make proper research they just dust their empty bag enter chisco motor dey go Ghana to go pack plenty cedis. Awwww far Charlie there good or e bad shey you have used your eyes to see things for yourself.

There is nothing in that country and other west Africa countries around us. Stop buying into that electricity hype. Very local country. Been there lived there before schooled there I don't get the hype about that country.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Skyciel: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2023
When some people here said Ghana is better than Nigeria... I just laughed grin

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Flora2Sweet: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2023
To cut hair hair na 1k... and na the kind place wey we dey bard for naja 200 ooo...

And as a guy with no job.... u gas cut hair twice a month...

Not to talk of feeding

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by olamilekan9(m): 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2023
pls for example,if someone is traveling from 9ja to ghana just to go run visa stuff and head back to 9ja, will the person also need to get residence permit when applying for the visa stuff? pls i need urgent answers bosses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by fortunez1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2023
Be courageous and think alot. You will get a direction from the universe .

8 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2023
You went to Ghana. What were you expecting. I have said it countless times over and over again, if you plan to relocate within Africa and your destination isn't south Africa just sit your ass down in Nigeria. As horrible as Nigeria is, the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa and by African countries I mean black Africa. I don't consider the northern parts of Africa as African countries

401 Likes 13 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Gerrard59(m): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2023
olamilekan9:
pls for example,if someone is traveling from 9ja to ghana just to go run visa stuff and head back to 9ja, will the person also need to get residence permit when applying for the visa stuff? pls i need urgent answers bosses

Yes, you need the residence permit of the country. You are not a citizen, so you need to show proof of residency.

10 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Gerrard59(m): 5:12pm On Apr 25, 2023
At times, I see Nigeria as the United States. It is the reason I am surprised when Americans on Reddit want to leave the country because of kini kon. There are "Ghanas" in Nigeria just as there are Switzerlands, Singapores, Koreas in the US. This means, you don't have to relocate to Ghana since there exist "Ghanas" in Nigeria. Tensa20 schooled in Ghana and has preached it for donkey months that nothing dey that country. Look at the economy, terrible. Buhari is bad, but Addo is worse considering he studied at Oxford and his finance minister studied at both Columbia and Yale universities. I wonder what they learnt there (assuming they actually attended classes and did not stand by the windows).

As for digital courses, man. No idea, but please note that nothing good comes easy. It will take an average of 2-3 years to learn and start making something from a digital skill especially if you don't have a pretty strong math foundation. Working is just like starting a business, you don't make profits during the nascent stages. Heck, you even generate losses, but keep ploughing in money. Na why people wey never chop food belly full no suppose start business or else, dem go chop all the small small revenues finish.

Ghana, just like dem Namibia and Botswana, are good to live a safe and quiet life when you don make money. There are not places to make money from, but to enjoy the serenity and quietness.

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Gerrard59(m): 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2023
Jecci:
Your eyes is finally open now to the truth bah. Everytime someone will not rest from Ghana is better than Nigeria and you see people buying into that crase.

They don't make proper research they just dust their empty bag enter chisco motor dey go Ghana to go pack plenty cedis. Awwww far Charlie there good or e bad shey you have used your eyes to see things for yourself.

There is nothing in that country and other west Africa countries around us. Stop buying into that electricity hype. Very local country. Been there lived there before schooled there I don't get the hype about that country.

Must be so terrible.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by EgwunsoDOTcom: 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2023
I can't believe all these fools above are condemning the guy for seeking greener pasture elsewhere.. Wicked people really dey this world sad

* OP.. If you have something left with you like 100k, you can just start a little business, trust me with prayers, you'll sure pass this phase of life. Flavour was deported if you know that, he even said in one of his songs. (Ups and Downs are part of life)

* If you're koboless, you can start with a security work or look for a teaching job, at least that's the easiest job to find now in Nigeria. From there, you can try out other bigger stuffs.

* Then, If you want to live a peaceful life free from competition and egocentric nonsense, just go to the North and settle in one village there, trust me, you will live longer and more healthier than your siblings in the South or anywhere else in the country.. Their women don't care if you have one pair of slippers, most of them don't even have sef.

But if you like Bugatti lifestyle (asin, you love to Buga), then stay in the South and start slave_hustling, then pray depression won't finish you off.. Because you will keep comparing others to yourself till you give up the ghost.

All is not lost bro.. At least you have a story to tell your kids.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by ExtremeDot: 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
Focus and Direction is what you need.
You've spent just one year in GH.
You don't need any orientation on how to live in 9ja.
Welcome back home.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by emmaodet: 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You went to Ghana. What were you expecting. I have said it countless times over and over again, if you plan to relocate within Africa and your destination isn't south Africa just sit your ass down in Nigeria. As horrible as Nigeria is, the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa and by African countries I mean black Africa. I don't consider the northern parts of Africa as African countries

grin grin grin

Leave them.
Dem go soon learn.
Saw a thread last month about some guys relocating to Benin republic that it is more sane, 24hrs light blah blah blah.
I just read comot, body go soon tell them

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by OloyeOfLagos: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
May God help you

May Heaven open doors for you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by nautybride: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
Hmmmm
Power of the mind. What you believe you will become will come into reality.
Tbh, you are in your late thirties and asking this questions, I am not judging you but you sound like you have had things on a platter of gold from the start.
Study yourself, build a new career on your passion. It's not too late.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2023
emmaodet:

grin grin grin

Leave them.
Dem go soon learn.
Saw a thread last month about some guys relocating to Benin republic that it is more sane, 24hrs light blah blah blah.
I just read comot, body go soon tell them

Bros most people are economic immigrants. I wonder why they can't do small research. You are a job seeker, jump on LinkedIn and see how many jobs exist there before going you no fit.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos) / Two Trucks Of Fulanis Intercepted At A Military Checkpoint In Cross River.Photos / Revelations At The US Embassy In Lagos: An Experience Of A Lifetime!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.