Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

After Over One Year In Ghana. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Over One Year In Ghana. (52871 Views)

Men Watching Big Buttocks While Driving, Cause Of Most Crashes In Ghana - Offici / CRCC to construct 560km railway line in Ghana at $2bn, cost of 156km Lagos-Ibada / World’s Biggest Passenger Airliner Lands In Ghana. First To Land In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Reality3080: 9:33am On Apr 26, 2023
inoki247:

Doz ones are real buh I no dey eat am....

Anything apart from Nigeria food I no dey eat the day my guy offer me that uncooked pepper cut onions dere he come fry egg put, pack plenty small small fish putI no gri eat am some of dere soup sef na water he dey always plenty like Lekki flood....
ghana food na wash n the thing is d country is small compared to Nigeria n they won’t even give outsiders d chance to grow
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by ogelekpomgam(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2023
JDistribute:

Is that your take home, after taxes and bills?

Or gross salary?

Plus not everyone is proud of doing menial or dehumanizing jobs, especially when in late 30's and 40's. Pounds is N580/pound, your calculation is wrong, 4000 pounds is about 2.4million naira.
No.No.I understand where are you coming from. But people don't change pounds here with official rate.reality one.
Then,you hardly have respectable job here too.corruption is on the high,bro.

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Reality3080: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2023
inoki247:

Doz ones are real buh I no dey eat am....

Anything apart from Nigeria food I no dey eat the day my guy offer me that uncooked pepper cut onions dere he come fry egg put, pack plenty small small fish putI no gri eat am some of dere soup sef na water he dey always plenty like Lekki flood....
ghana food na wash n the thing is d country is small compared to Nigeria n they won’t even give outsiders d chance to grow

Many Nigerians who go there always have d mindset that it’s d same with Nigeria where anybody can just have a shop

Even if u grow n strive against all odds them go use association n government frustrate u
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by occfx: 9:52am On Apr 26, 2023
kokorokoman:
After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

now this are my questions.
*can someone like me survive the current nigeria economy?
*does the incoming tinubu govt have a place for people like me?
*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need your help and suggestions.
please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.
i am now a shadow of myself, ghana na wa o.
nairalanders abeg make una help me o.

Digital business can still be done from Ghana.
.. If you have been doing it and it's not working try physical business in Nigeria.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by emmaodet: 9:52am On Apr 26, 2023
Jecci:
Don't mind our people small small things too dey impress them. Once them see light they haff fall yakata dey cap shit Ghana is better than Nigeria yen yen yen. Not until reality hits them hard.

There is nothing in that country even for a million dollars nothing go make me go back. Thinking about that country even gives me PTSD.

Very poor country with high standard of living. No jobs to support the high standard of living. Country that depends on importation for every of their needs. They don't produce anything at all.... maybe adonko bitters cos that's their only known export😂😂😂😂.

grin grin grin
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2023
I will speak to Tinubu about your case his my balablu.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by buttlover(m): 10:33am On Apr 26, 2023
Leave all those digital trash. They take time. Find who can teach you Keke driving or bus driving. Start from there

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Hamachi(f): 10:55am On Apr 26, 2023
Dopeluiz:
are u from Uganda??
Yes
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by GeneralPula: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Pls,if you are not making up to 3-4 million naira a month in Nigeria here,stop comparing yourself to the least persons in UK.Don't make empty and unrealistic statement.An average salary there is 3,000-4,000pounds per month.
I screen shot your post send my guy for UK, him just dey laugh..

Deceive people all you want.. Wetin concern me..

5 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Ayamatanga0: 11:05am On Apr 26, 2023
tunde1200:
I had similar experiences in Libya far back 1999 to 2003.
I summoned courage and returned back to my country and today I thank God almighty for my life and I never regret.
Am even looking for a good writer I can tell my ordeal in Libya and some other countries and publish because am not a good writer.

Soy advice is go for farming business if you can is a good business which I added to my aircraft maintenance engineering.
I can make an interesting read out of your life's stories.
I would like to write for you.
Kindly drop your digits so I can connect with you on WhatsApp .
Thank you
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by eepeepook: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2023
If you can feed yourself, that’s all that matters. Life is not complicated. We only make it so.

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Voiceofthestree: 11:26am On Apr 26, 2023
You stay for GH for a whole year you deh come here come ask jamb question wetin you deh do for GH for 1years you no see office put yourself if you no collect from the office you go learn better job for the office. Guys full here way be say nah GH be DEM usa they cal them Ghana Buggers.... That’s why I always says follow person way no road some people go deh talk rubbish for this forum deh open the mouth and talk nonsense you stay American for 10years you no fit build duplex for Nigeria you self go deh talk..... I get like 5 site way I deh supervise now guys way get them never clock 22years and you know the funniest thing nah GHana DEM deh go... ask road make you no go lost follow person way know road too know they kill people

2 Likes

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Farfalla(f): 11:47am On Apr 26, 2023
kokorokoman:
After over one year in Ghana without anything to show for it, I have finally decided to come back to Nigeria.

1. What was your initial intention of relocating to Ghana? -- Work? Business?
2. What have you been doing to survive for that 1 year plus?
3. Did you have any income at all?

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by yuniben007: 11:57am On Apr 26, 2023
U are not ready.u are lookiog 4 quick money & u dont av something to fall back on when u are back in nigeria.go & drive mini bus or keke & learn a skill if u are humble
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Farfalla(f): 12:20pm On Apr 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You went to Ghana. What were you expecting. I have said it countless times over and over again, if you plan to relocate within Africa and your destination isn't south Africa just sit your ass down in Nigeria. As horrible as Nigeria is, the only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa and by African countries I mean black Africa. I don't consider the northern parts of Africa as African countries

I don't understand why you people keep talking about a country being "better" or "worse" than Nigeria whenever someone brings up a topic such as this. The whole idea of business is to leverage on the massive opportunities a new place may provide. A country doesn't need to be more advanced for your business to thrive.

I know people who've made cool cash in places that seem rugged. Kenyans, Ugandans and Tanzanians have made a lot of money from doing diverse businesses in South Sudan and Eastern Congo, countries which can hardly be described as better than most African countries.

Someone is making money in Yemen right now. Just open your eyes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by winner37(m): 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
kokorokoman:

With no job, house or anything tangible to fall back to but i am just determined to start all over again because i believe no matter how far you have gone on the wrong part it is never too late to start again.

In my late thirties, no qualifications, no family, no flourishing or tangible business but determined to learn anything that can at least substain me.

*on getting to naija, what digital skill do you advice me to learn? -- the skill shouldn't take much time to learn.
*i have interest in learning video and photo editing but dis skill go fit give person money?
*which apps, sites should i register on here in ghana so that i will hit the ground running as soon as i come to nigeria?.

please i need suggestions on the fastest and profitable digital skill to learn in nigeria or any business that can fetch little but quick money enogh for me to settle down in nigeria.

Coming back to Nigeria might worsen everything brother except you have a family or
friends that might support without having setbacks.. people here are even praying of leaving and you are there planing of coming back , you might not be able the withstand Nigeria situation if you come and that might give you emotional trauma..how much is 1000 Ghana cedis compare to Naira here ? Some few days ago I called my friend who is in Ghana I told her about my moving to Ghana the first question she asked me was my qualifications and my handwork , when I told her my qualifications and my handwork she is even told me to come over ..this life if you don't have the opportunity to go to school pls is advisable to learn handwork..

I would advise you to go and learn driving or go for that photo and video editing or Tailoring these handwork is helpful.. make an inquiry from people share your thoughts with them definitely you will get a positive response from them .
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by cowboyT: 12:30pm On Apr 26, 2023
inoki247:

Lol wake up from your dream if Coke is selling for 200naira when Diesel is selling for over 700 plus how will it now go up when They remove Subsidy not possible cause most Manufacturing company make use of diesel even most of dere distribution truck all runs on Diesel apart from the reseller that uses dere small vehicle that uses petrol....

So if Diesel that they're using majorly didn't make it jump to 500 who come be Petrol so you guys should rest with all this bad wishes you've for the country...

do you even know anything about economics?
which petroleum products is driving Nigeria economy?
which product dictates market price? which product, if unavailable/scares causes chaos?
please try to reason this please.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by ogelekpomgam(m): 12:32pm On Apr 26, 2023
GeneralPula:

I screen shot your post send my guy for UK, him just dey laugh..

Deceive people all you want.. Wetin concern me..
Oga.am a civil engineer working in Nigeria. Still got siblings and friends in UK.so,what's the gain of deceiving people?..
And here is a screenshot just for teachers salary in UK.You can research too. Go online. Not just here say.

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by inoki247: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2023
cowboyT:

do you even know anything about economics?
which petroleum products is driving Nigeria economy?
which product dictates market price? which product, if unavailable/scares causes chaos?
please try to reason this please.

So it was petrol that's dictating our economy and during scarcity it didn't tell on Coke or other products been manufactured here In Nigeria...

Bkuz ur candidate didn't win doesn't mean the world will end you people being patriotic only ends with ur candidate winning all of a sudden u turn economist....

The last time I checked all the Major candidate told us subsidy is going so why all this bad energy believing is only your candidate that can remove Subsidy and things will still be balanced....
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by cowboyT: 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2023
samz77:
With just #200k invested in my forex business. I make #25k weekly that's about #100k in a month.is that good for someone like me. I too am a graduate without anything doing but this never say die attitude is in me. When I say I must make a headway I don't look back until I get it done. Should I be recalling the sleepless nights or the amount of money that loss in the process of getting this break through.Which I had recovered within the shortest possible time. Infact I just sleep and wake open my phone and laptop to check how much have garnered so far . . You go for it also if you so desire. . if you need this my Gmail address alatolait@gmail.com

BROSS!
BUT na you post say you wan relocate go Benin Republic few days ago naa?
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by cowboyT: 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2023
inoki247:

So it was petrol that's dictating our economy and during scarcity it didn't tell on Coke or other products been manufactured here In Nigeria...

Bkuz ur candidate didn't win doesn't mean the world will end you people being patriotic only ends with ur candidate winning all of a sudden u turn economist....

The last time I checked all the Major candidate told us subsidy is going so why all this bad energy believing is only your candidate that can remove Subsidy and things will still be balanced....

read the non. sen.se you wrote, we're talking about the economy, you bring in politics, wetin concern mallam with holy communion? n who told you I have a preferred candidate who won OR loose?
it's just simple, what happens every time there's increment in price of PMS.
WHAT do we relied on as a country, n what happened if the price of the principal bye product of what we relied on as a country change?
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by inoki247: 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
cowboyT:

read the non. sen.se you wrote, we're talking about the economy, you bring in politics, wetin concern mallam with holy communion? n who told you I have a preferred candidate who won OR loose?
it's just simple, what happens every time there's increment in price of PMS.
WHAT do we relied on as a country, n what happened if the price of the principal bye product of what we relied on as a country change?

The thing we mostly av increments on are things been transported with Petrol like Farm produce...

Go check doz previous years Petrol doesn't affect produce been made with diesel nd transported with diesel...

When Petrol was 87naira 50cl Coke was been sold for 100naira when Buhari adjust the rate it was still being sold for 100naira not until after Covid when Diesel start jumping up it went to 150 from 150 to 200.

So tell me how petrol will ditact for product being made with diesel if petrol jumps to 30Naira per liter and diesel is still at 700+ du u think coke will sell for 100naira...
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by sixtus3606(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2023
kokorokoman:

Let the person chat me up. I’ll train the person on any two digital skills listed below (for free):
- Graphic Design
- Website Design
- Video Editing
- Digital Marketing
- Motion Graphics

The person MUST own a laptop with internet connection.
My DM is open or I can inbox you my phone number to share with this person to chat me up on WhatsApp.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by malkomchris: 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
Those in UK still have better future for themselves and their families, it may not be easy at the beginning, but with time they will enjoy. Their children will thank them for that decision. The earlier you stop giving your self reasons to remain here, the better for you.
GeneralPula:

Ans - Why not?..

Ans - Yes, he does..

Your own still good. You see those wey rush go UK? They've realized that greener pasture you read on media or see on TV is very diff from reality..
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by Subonbon(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2023
Difrent:

Wetin concern you with wetin i dey reply.....you no see say you don dey siwin?make sìwin finish you and your household orí ẹ oda
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by millionboi2: 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2023
samz77:
With just #200k invested in my forex business. I make #25k weekly that's about #100k in a month.is that good for someone like me. I too am a graduate without anything doing but this never say die attitude is in me. When I say I must make a headway I don't look back until I get it done. Should I be recalling the sleepless nights or the amount of money that loss in the process of getting this break through.Which I had recovered within the shortest possible time. Infact I just sleep and wake open my phone and laptop to check how much have garnered so far . . You go for it also if you so desire. . if you need this my Gmail address alatolait@gmail.com
thief looking for who to recover your lost from...... God will punish you if you don't stop this.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by cowboyT: 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2023
inoki247:

The thing we mostly av increments on are things been transported with Petrol like Farm produce...

Go check doz previous years Petrol doesn't affect produce been made with diesel nd transported with diesel...

When Petrol was 87naira 50cl Coke was been sold for 100naira when Buhari adjust the rate it was still being sold for 100naira not until after Covid when Diesel start jumping up it went to 150 from 150 to 200.

So tell me how petrol will ditact for product being made with diesel if petrol jumps to 30Naira per liter and diesel is still at 700+ du u think coke will sell for 100naira...

sincerely,
I rest my case.
yours truly,
Cowboyt.
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by millionboi2: 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Pls,if you are not making up to 3-4 million naira a month in Nigeria here,stop comparing yourself to the least persons in UK.Don't make empty and unrealistic statement.An average salary there is 3,000-4,000pounds per month.
add expenditure and stop feeding your brain with figures
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by olamilekan9(m): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
Germi9:

Yes you need residence permit
embassy just got back to me via email,permit not needed bro..no need to even travel all the way to ghana...kudos to me that i had to seek the information from the main source gan gan..
Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by millionboi2: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
blingxx:

Thanks for the update thank God say I don start Amazon kdp , currently learning copywriting from someone who is making millions from it
see your smelling mouth like millions, keep looking for who to sell the ebook sold to you.

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by millionboi2: 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2023
malkomchris:
Those in UK still have better future for themselves and their families, it may not be easy at the beginning, but with time they will enjoy. Their children will thank them for that decision. The earlier you stop giving your self reasons to remain here, the better for you.
real rich people don't go abroad, thy only visit..... If you get money for naija, naija is cool

1 Like

Re: After Over One Year In Ghana. by theamazonguru(m): 3:21pm On Apr 26, 2023
ogelekpomgam:

Biko what is the average monthly bills.
How much does he have left for savings?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

• • •Tips On Getting A US VISA / Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics) / Welcome To Balneario, Brazil, The Dubai Of Brazil(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.