Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice (22161 Views)

Nairalander Needs Advice Regarding Mum And Wife / Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice / I Resigned From Work In Lagos, Relocated To Abuja To Be With My Girl & Get A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by coolrich(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2023
Bro I have been staying in Abj since 2000 I can tell you this. In Abj, you see transport and food? They are not expensive. But if you are the type that always uses bolt or uber then it's a different story. My advice is this please move alone first. Understate city, find a job. If you are the hustling type. I believe you will enjoy Abj. Also it's a city with good network. Wish you all the best my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Airlord2030: 6:03pm On May 07, 2023
ahnie:
Abuja is fine and okay unlike onitsha that's dirty,crass,and over populated
why you dey insult your husband people place? undecided
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Coolgent(m): 6:07pm On May 07, 2023
Obi3icebaba:
If you want an affordable and secured environment with good facilities and good neighbors for you your kids , get a house in Navy Estate orozo. Get a nice car and start Uber for the main time while you learn more about Abuja and what business you can do

What's the price of House in that estate?
Thanks
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Love800(m): 6:28pm On May 07, 2023
Is television nd radio presenting not lucrative?
TheGiftedOne:

See better person here? Not all those tribalistic bigot on here jumping from one threat to another fooling themselves.

I just relocated to Abuja late last year. I'm a sports pundit and wouldn't mind being linked to a media house in need of my services. I've been into television and radio presentation for 8 years. I live in Lugbe. Thanks in advance at all my prospective Godsent.👍
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Love800(m): 6:29pm On May 07, 2023
U cook from home?

And apart from delivery, do u ave a restaurant? Just asking
Rosykitchen:
I run a food delivery service for delivery of fresh, cooked bowl food within Abuja.

Same fresh food, same day order, Same day delivery.

Join other customers on my delivery list. WhatsApp or Call 09033137880. Instagram @__rosykitchen.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by MamaletASO: 6:39pm On May 07, 2023
seetomorrow:

wow, I live in Lagos and i have been to Abj like the state too. But after going through all the comments here one after the other, your advise and comment is the best and calm comments i read here. I don't know you but your advise sounded PURE TRUE and reasonable.

I take that as a compliment. Thanks
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by TheGiftedOne(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2023
Love800:
Is television nd radio presenting not lucrative?

I wanted to be in Abuja, that's the reason I moved. I prefer to be a small fish in a big pond than a big one in a small pond. You get it?

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by yusufu16: 6:46pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Thanks. From Google maps though, these places seem very far from town. I wonder if one will truly feel like he's living in Abuja

Mararaba, Nyanya, Orozo are thé closest place to town in Abuja and very cheap not minding the traffic. The closer you are to the city, the more expensive the accommodations. More than 80% of the people in Abuja live outside of the city. The main town itself is very small and boring. But the main places where you can enjoy life are the outskirts.

4 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by IbroMaka(m): 6:59pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:
Hi guys. I really need some advice on this please.

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

But I am bothered by the uncertainty of this move.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.

Dude, you have me to help u settle down sharperly

This is what I do for a living.

Check my signature
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by IbroMaka(m): 7:00pm On May 07, 2023
yusufu16:

Mararaba, Nyanya, Orozo are thé closest place to town in Abuja and very cheap not minding the traffic. The closer you are to the city, the more expensive the accommodations. More than 80% of the people in Abuja live outside of the city. The main town itself is very small and boring. But the main places where you can enjoy life are the outskirts.

See nonsense talk

Na when you relocate to Abuja??
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Rosykitchen: 7:01pm On May 07, 2023
Love800:
U cook from home?

And apart from delivery, do u ave a restaurant? Just asking
Yeah, I cook from home and deliver anywhere in Abuja. Ran a restaurant in Lokoja but plan opening a 5-star restaurant in Abuja in the nearest future.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Rosykitchen: 7:02pm On May 07, 2023
IbroMaka:

See nonsense talk

Na when you relocate to Abuja??
Don't mind him. Nyanya and Maraba that's very far from town.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by papamodico: 7:08pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.
My brother, you and your family better stay in Onitsha don't go to Abuja a place that is not secured
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Godwin25king: 7:40pm On May 07, 2023
I relocated from Lagos (Lekki) to Abuja last year July, and I must say the only thing I've enjoyed is lesser traffic compared to Lagos, nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Ferdinandu(m): 7:55pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

If you made that 10 million in Onitsha,I won't easily advice you to rush here to Abuja with your family. Come here alone while trying to sustain the business that made the 10m in Onitsha. Abuja is not all that easy to build business. The people that makes it easily here in Abuja are ones with contacts to Government circle through being, politician, top corrupt civil servants, contractors. For Ordinary business people it is tough building a good business here. And by the way you have to be thinking of living in the outskirts of the town which is basically equivalent to living in onitsha though a bit better because I grew up in onitsha, having a decent Abuja accommodation close to town will really dip your 10m. I'm talking as someone who has lived and hustled in Abuja for 15yrs now

3 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Love800(m): 8:55pm On May 07, 2023
Tank u. But if i may ask, wats the essence of opening a restaurant. Does it mean the restaurant is more profitable than the delivery?
Rosykitchen:
Yeah, I cook from home and deliver anywhere in Abuja. Ran a restaurant in Lokoja but plan opening a 5-star restaurant in Abuja in the nearest future.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 9:27pm On May 07, 2023
Coolgent:

What's the price of House in that estate?
Thanks
Depends... How many rooms

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by BellaLuce: 9:42pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Thanks. From Google maps though, these places seem very far from town. I wonder if one will truly feel like he's living in Abuja

Truly feel like you are living in Abuja ke? With 10m. You will use 5m as rent, and about 1m for maintenance. Start low-key and survey. Abuja is one big city. No one cares about you. Live your life. Take your.kids out weekends for exposure and when you have more money, you can move to posh areas. Otherwise, you can love this places and.your work school and every other thing can be on the heart of town.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by CrudeSon: 10:30pm On May 07, 2023
Owutuotuo:

But traffic jam is an issue here during peak hours of week days. Preference should be for places like Kubwa, Dutse, Sabon Lugbe, Lugbe. There’s been some security issues around Kuje so I won’t advise in favour of that area.

Which security issues?Kuje paramilitaries full pass in Abuja
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by placeofallure(f): 11:01pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

Maitama is the only neighbourhood I've lived in Abuja and it's a nice place. Serene, cosy and peaceful.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Crafteck1: 11:06pm On May 07, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

Na mc oluomos relative?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Darkandhandsom(m): 11:18pm On May 07, 2023
You are welcome to Abuja bro.
Just come with plenty money.
Here we show money no mercy.
We spend. Bills bills bills and bills.
Get a house first by coming alone let your family remain in Onitcha
Once you are settled, you can bring tlhem over.
Good schools are expensive here and it depends on your location.

You can find a house in places like Dutse or Dawaki those are close areas to town.
If you are interested in getting a car, i sell cars.. Abuja
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by flokii: 1:02am On May 08, 2023
@OP Abuja is a place to be.. you'll have rest of mind.
Since you want to go into business, be ready to package well.. like dress smart, drive a nice car and appear "big" to your potential customers. Abuja is home of the rich o, no go dull yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Coolgent(m): 1:52am On May 08, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

Depends... How many rooms
2 and 3 bedrooms
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:05am On May 08, 2023
I actually plan on relocating to Abuja. I plan on buying keke and Toyota corolla for transportation business though i won't personally be driving them. My main issue is accommodation, the last times i visited abuja, i stayed in Gariki area 1, apo and utako but it was will relatives. I want to know where i can get like a 2 or 1 bedroom apartment with stable electricity,water and security and my budget is 300k.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Swanberry: 3:53am On May 08, 2023
It’s a good idea to come to Abuja, but relocate in phases
What I will advise is
U come alone first
Get accommodation
Sort out logistics and if possible place of business, place of worship, where children will go to school, where your spouse will work or do business etc.
Understand the terrain a bit, prepare the ground then bring your family over
Even if u stay alone for like 3months or thereabouts
Then your family can come.

3 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by WayStage(m): 5:24am On May 08, 2023
Nice2023:
Abuja is a place meant for descent people and seriously, agbero can't survive here.

I came to this town in 2007 as an IT student and returned after my NYSC in 2010. Man,this town is fantastic with good road and cheapest food ever. I am a family man of 3chidren.

With that budget,u will need to first of all rent a two bedroom or three depending on ur choice area then find other things u can do to survive.

One thing is very sure here,if u are a hardworking person,in 5years u will see how successful u will be.

U can hit me up in case of any assistance of any sort...if u are igbo,yoruba or hausa or any tribe..I can drive u round for free just to make u feel welcome.

Good luck to u.
May I have your contact please?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Toluene06(m): 7:01am On May 08, 2023
Abuja is a very good place to live for your accommodation call Fembee Properties. 07039124411, 08088032499.

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by MrDoGood(m): 8:17am On May 08, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

Do you enter your own uber under bridge ?

I have an SUV

There was a time I didn't feel like driving because of the traffic at EMAB plaza. Most times, no parking space (Especially Friday during prayers)

Person wey dey use keg go don buy finish, you self never fit drive enter the plaza.
So I decided to use bolt and it was on a Friday.
I drove to my junction, parked and decided to book a ride. I had to cross to the other side of the road via pedestrian bridge 🌉. The bolt arrived, but didn't stop. I called him to let him know he's passed. Baba started abusing me saying he knows I'm one of those guys. Meaning they get arrested by those agberos when they pick or drop people under the bridge close to motor park or any bus stop at all. I apologized cos I didn't know.

I left the service lane to the free way after walking some distance to book another ride.

A lot of drivers are not aware of this and they fall victim.
The one I later got told me it was God that used an officer to save him at Berger round about.

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by MrDoGood(m): 8:30am On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
I actually plan on relocating to Abuja. I plan on buying keke and Toyota corolla for transportation business though i won't personally be driving them. My main issue is accommodation, the last times i visited abuja, i stayed in Gariki area 1, apo and utako but it was will relatives. I want to know where i can get like a 2 or 1 bedroom apartment with stable electricity,water and security and my budget is 300k.

Don't let anybody deceive you. You won't get a room and parlour for that amount. Except you want to live at the outside outskirts like zuba, Nyanya, Gwagwalada, Kuje. Even in those areas, it will be difficult for you to get a standard one bedroom for that amount.
Except you're looking at staying in one of the ghetto (in every city, there's a ghetto)

For a standard 2bedroom, you should hold your 1.5 and above. Depending on the area.
You can get around Lugbe and standard for 1.2m and above for a 2 bedroom.

I will advise you drive your car yourself. Except you have money for two cars. Because you sure need a car in Abuja for personal movement. With a car, you can decide to stay far away from town and be okay. Houses won't be expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by NiceClean: 8:49am On May 08, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

@Frank33
I guess we are in this same delusion, I have been pondering this hard. I am family of 5, lives in Onitsha and have been wanting to relocate to Abuja. Even I've opened up a thread here abt this. Though one of my reasons of wanting to relocate is because of the nature of my business. I want to be close to where I can easily access Agricultural Commodities around northern states cos I am into agro Commodities exportation.
I have been to Abuja severally even this year twice, and I think Kubwa will do for me, even though I have not been to other place yet. I'm planning going there alone and do my research wella, I need outskirts that is closer to main city and a relatively electricity.

Don't mind pple telling you not to try other city, one cannot really tells where he can succeed for good.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by MrDoGood(m): 9:02am On May 08, 2023
frank33:

Is this this good idea?

If you have a car, 50 percent of your problem is solved. Getting a house won't be stressful. But don't get a house above 2m. Something you can easily pay without much stress.

You need to come down alone first, get an apartment, a business location and nice school for your kids. Before moving them here.

Foodstuffs is one thing that moves in Abuja. Drinks too.

Your wife can run that and if you're okay with driving, you can use your car for Uber or bolt. You can have both as well. With no time, you'll be okay. Please don't get a very expensive house!
The first payment is always easy. Na renewal be the problem. Before you open eyes, 1 year don reach sad

I'm talking from experience. Glory to God, I bought mine from the landlady.
I split the payment in three.

One step at a time, you'll be okay.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / Akwa Ibom Girl Abandoned By Family And Left To Die, Rescued (Photo) /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.