Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice (21766 Views)

Nairalander Needs Advice Regarding Mum And Wife / Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice / I Resigned From Work In Lagos, Relocated To Abuja To Be With My Girl & Get A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by syntekelite(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2023
Hmm a lot of good advice here for the op especially from those who live in abj... But am surprised they arent telling you the real koko..
Abuja a effing expensive.. i mean very very expensive... The outskirts will be affordable fr you cos of ur large family and hw much u have but it isnt very safe... The main abuja the likes of wuse, jabi, garki, asokoro, maitaima,gwarimpa,central area and the zones which is where i feel you mean to stay are solid places to raise kids and live but they re expensive i mean housing,feeding and school..any other place you stay is still like staying in lagos and onitsha..so do your research well and decide what you wanna achieve before moving.. also work no plenty for there ohhhh.. if you get handiwork you re set for life cos abuja is so organised and appreciates good skills especially packaged skills.. abuja lifestyle na packaging be everything..
Las las gwarimpa and jabi is the best and affordable
place..
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by millstone(m): 10:43am On May 08, 2023
Nice2023:
Abuja is a place meant for descent people and seriously, agbero can't survive here.

I came to this town in 2007 as an IT student and returned after my NYSC in 2010. Man,this town is fantastic with good road and cheapest food ever. I am a family man of 3chidren.

With that budget,u will need to first of all rent a two bedroom or three depending on ur choice area then find other things u can do to survive.

One thing is very sure here,if u are a hardworking person,in 5years u will see how successful u will be.

U can hit me up in case of any assistance of any sort...if u are igbo,yoruba or hausa or any tribe..I can drive u round for free just to make u feel welcome.

Good luck to u.
Hello bro. I can see your willingness to assist cheesy cheesy cheesy well I'm not moving with my family I'm trying to set up a business in Abuja and I need someone who knows the city well and where i can get my targeted clients. will it be cool if i can mail you and then we communicate further? Regards
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by henrimoto(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2023
coputa:
That's why @Rubbish is telling frank33 to remain in Onitsha, opportunity abounds everywhere,he cannot afford to embark on an adventure with 6 children.like what Rubbish said,

The world is now a global village;good schools
good tv programs, internet .can expose someone,

He should be careful not to waste his money.A mother hen that has chicks doesn't knows how to run when the hawks will come visiting.
What kind of expose ? A positive one or A negative one ? The Op that desires to relocate from an environment he is conversant with, has his reasons. We can only say he should tread wisely. .....Not To discourage him.

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Warmaterial(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2023
Guy let no man discourage you, Abuja is the best place to live in Nigeria...

I will advice you first to come on your own and see things before bringing your family.

Me I can't live any other place in Nigeria than my Abuja, though am not in 9ja now...

1 Like

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by chelseabmw(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2023
Mindlog:

It is not advisable to move with your family, immediately. You alone have to go first, to survey what is on ground in terms of business opportunities, accommodation etc with less pressure. If you are okay with your findings then you can rent an accommodation and go back to the East to get your family.

Best Advice
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 1:49pm On May 08, 2023
Coolgent:

2 and 3 bedrooms

You can get 2 bedroom for 450 to 500

2 Likes

Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Kobicove(m): 2:49pm On May 08, 2023
Mindlog:

It is not advisable to move with your family, immediately. You alone have to go first, to survey what is on ground in terms of business opportunities, accommodation etc with less pressure. If you are okay with your findings then you can rent an accommodation and go back to the East to get your family.

OP take this guy's advise
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Pacesetter2021: 7:57pm On May 08, 2023
millionboi2:
is being in USA an achievement?
for some,yes.

It's all about what rocks your boat.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by millionboi2: 8:05pm On May 08, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
for some,yes.

and I agree with you.
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by 9jaRealist: 4:55am On May 09, 2023
frank33:
Hi guys. I really need some advice on this please.

We are a family of 6 and I want to relocate my family from Onitsha to Abuja in order to hopefully have a better life and expose to kids to more.

But I am bothered by the uncertainty of this move.

Is this this good idea?

If you live or have lived in Abuja can you please advice me on where we can live and afford an average life in Abuja in terms of accommodation, feeding and transport.

Also what kind of business can one start up in Abuja as a newcomer with about 10m to survive.

BEST WISHES bro…
But please do not add to the slum population of Abuja, which is beginning to fall apart.
embarassed
>
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by 9jaRealist: 5:00am On May 09, 2023
Pacesetter2021:
for some,yes.

Not sure some folks understand the concept of “achievement” but…

Living in the US is NOT “an achievement” even if it rocks everyone’s boat…
Rather, it’s just a domicile and most people who live there is due to the “accident of birth”.
>
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by mrjojo: 7:08am On May 09, 2023
If I were you.
I would pay the kids school fee for the whole year or maybe another year ahead.
Deposit for monthly foodstuffs with some suppliers. So there is always food in the house while I’m gone.

Now I will use 6million for uk student admission and visa. Pay half of my tuition.
Get to uk and hustle like a madman with the target of having the whole family join me circa 2 years

I don’t see the logic moving from a business rich city to a “civil service “ overated city. Your 10 million will be gone in Abuja with four kids before you say blublablu
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by finishmatter: 7:31pm On May 10, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

I live at Navy Estate

Bro, how do i get an apartment there?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2023
finishmatter:

Bro, how do i get an apartment there?

I can give you the estate agent number, I can't do that stress of going about looking for house I'm sorry.. but if you like a peaceful, safe, quiet place with neat and organized environment then you will love the Estate
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by finishmatter: 5:42pm On May 11, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

I can give you the estate agent number, I can't do that stress of going about looking for house I'm sorry.. but if you like a peaceful, safe, quiet place with neat and organized environment then you will love the Estate

ok. Pls send d number.

Thanks
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Obi3icebaba(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2023
finishmatter:

ok. Pls send d number.

Thanks

+2348034775889

His name is femi
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by finishmatter: 2:53pm On May 12, 2023
Obi3icebaba:

+2348034775889

His name is femi
Thanks
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 12:05am On May 15, 2023
Nijagogetsense:

Don't listen to this piece of advice. Never invest all your money. At least, invest one-fourth or one-fifth of it. Never put all your eggs in one basket...
Oversabinus-to-look-impressive...
He didn't say all his money is 10m. He said it's 10m he wants to invest. So he definitely has some other money apart from the 10m he has earmarked for business
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Blackzero: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2023

Abuja is a good place, beside I stay in kubwa, I came to Abuja with just my bag and God has made it possible for me to be able to become a somebody, so this is my advice to you
1. Get a taxi business, with this you can be making about 20k DAILY, I know what I am saying. Though I'm an okada rider, I make about 15k to 20k weekly.. a very lucrative business

2. Charcoal business, here in kubwa, I buy charcoal as of today 3300 and I sell for about 4100 and make about 800 naira per bag and in a week, if the market is favourable I can supply about 40bags. You can go into the business once you arrive Abuja

3. Lastly, don't go to maitama or asokoro. Find a place like wuse, Area 1, Kubwa and the rest.. I wish you good luck sir
nice one, am planning to move to abuja, kubwa precisely or lugbe, av lived in kubwa for a month b4, will like to link up pls drop ur number
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Blackzero: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
TheGiftedOne:

I wanted to be in Abuja, that's the reason I moved. I prefer to be a small fish in a big pond than a big one in a small pond. You get it?
thats d main reason am moving to abuja too,
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by Blackzero: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2023
IbroMaka:

Dude, you have me to help u settle down sharperly

This is what I do for a living.

Check my signature
u get good self con for kubwa or lugbe?
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by gracefoundmme(m): 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by gracefoundmme(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2023
Re: Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice by gracefoundmme(m): 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
Nice2023:
Abuja is a place meant for descent people and seriously, agbero can't survive here.

I came to this town in 2007 as an IT student and returned after my NYSC in 2010. Man,this town is fantastic with good road and cheapest food ever. I am a family man of 3chidren.

With that budget,u will need to first of all rent a two bedroom or three depending on ur choice area then find other things u can do to survive.

One thing is very sure here,if u are a hardworking person,in 5years u will see how successful u will be.

U can hit me up in case of any assistance of any sort...if u are igbo,yoruba or hausa or any tribe..I can drive u round for free just to make u feel welcome.

Good luck to u.

Can I dm you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Roles Of A Father! / 82-Year-Old Missing Woman In Lagos Found / Man Divorced Wife Of 20 Years Over Suspicion She Was Raped By Kidnappers Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.