Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai (9093 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Tunde Bakare Worried That APC Govt Is Finding It Difficult To Bring "Change" / Industrialisation Will Unlock Nigeria’s Wealth - Aganga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Ifecotag: 7:05pm On Sep 23, 2011
This one pass broad day light Robbery oooooh.

How many % of expenditure is located to the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Science and Technology?
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by jacobs123(m): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2011
I guess NIGERIANS know all that El_Rufai is saying but who wants to pay the price especially when you are not guaranteed a PRIZE. Oshimhole said it so brilliantly so many years ago when he said the people who want us to tighten our belts are protected from these same belt tightening policies. I don't need to read El-Rufai and I'm sure I agree with him but UI can bet that if he emerges as President today the way GEJ emerged, he probably would be doing the same.

NIGERIANS know PDP cannot lead us anywhere but if you have the right connections, you could become rich beyond your wildest imaginations all of a sudden so they keep voting PDP. The day some NIGERIANS realize they will never get to give their own "testimonies" of they had no shoe but they now have billions without owning a factory, creating jobs, doing nothing productive they will think deep. Until such a time PDP, ACN, ANPP forever.

My fear is that we may never be presented with a good chance to make a peaceful change as we had in the elections of April 2011. I hope I'm not right for all our sakes.

one thing is clear, the current PDP, ACN structure can never lead us out of the woods we are in but the bright side is anyone of us can be a billionaire tomorrow. E fit be you o!
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by omaojo1: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
Mr--Why:

Man these are well collected FACTS!

Some in these ministries even go to the extent of creating Ghost employees to siphon more funds. We need more study like this one.

Kudos to you El-Rufia for taking the time to state these.
Read the back page of thisday every friday for more insightful analysis on the malaise of our system.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Wallie(m): 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
While the toy soldiers are busy fighting over religion and tribal politics, their elected officials are colluding with each other while laughing their way to the bank. That’s right; your money is shared amongst Christians, Muslims, Igbos, Yorubas, Niger Deltans, voodoo priests etc. The only thing that matters to the politicians is finding the right person that that they can trust who can also get the “job” done!

Let me try to clarify what people are saying. There are 2 components to the issues raised above (1) El Rufai, and (2) the issues raised and presented as facts. How you feel about issue #1 should not affect issue #2 as long as issue #2 are not based on opinions.

Forget issue number 1 and let’s focus on issue #2, the issues raised.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by sheyguy: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
el rufai get ambition but him yarn
truth sha.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by jacobs123(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2011
Wallie:

Let me try to clarify what people are saying. There are 2 components to the issues raised above (1) El Rufai, and (2) the issues raised and presented as facts. How you feel about issue #1 should not affect issue #2 as long as issue #2 are not based on opinions.

Forget issue number 1 and let’s focus on issue #2, the issues raised.

The majority of NIgerians are not capable of objective analysis not to talk of having an independent opinion. The average Nigerian decides everything on sentiments and most Nairalanders measure below the average NIgerian when you talk of these two issues.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by 2goodbobo(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2011
El.Rufai should keep his mouth short.was he not part of the corrupt system?imagine a pot calling a kettle black.he's just seeking for cheap popularity and attention from the people.why did he not complain about the Administration of this country when he was the minister of F.C.D.A
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Hardballer(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2011

also tl dr
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by jmoore(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2011
El-Rufai is one of those folks who mess up Nigeria economy and only complain when they are no longer in office. Who does not know that our wealth is being wasted? El-Rufai is a beneficiary of the wasted wealth when he was a minister.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by aletheia(m): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
Is El-Rufai telling Nigerians what they don't already know?

. . .a message can lose its power if the messenger is not credible. Isn't this the same El-Rufai that was paying a corper jumbo salaries denominated in dollars?

When exactly did he experience his epiphany? I am skeptical about his motives.

El-Rufai has always been ambitious and I believe this is his strategy to build up a support base towards his coming presidential attempt. Keep saying what people want to hear and maybe they may forget that you are part of the rot in the first place.
Like Julius Caesar said:
"Yon Cassius hath a lean and hungry look.
He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous."
  grin

Demdem:

“Up until December 2006, there were 31 cabinet-level ministries including the FCT Administration and about 42 ministers. . .

“This reduced the number of cabinet level MDAs to 21, but without a significant reduction in the number of ministers. The Yar’Adua and Jonathan administrations reversed these reforms, and now, we have some 30 ministries housing between 42 and 48 ministers.
^How can this be tagged as "reforms" without a commensurate reduction in the number of ministers; and we know that the salaries and allowances of the political appointees and their aides constitutes a significant portion of recurrent expenditure. El-Rufai is being clever by half. In real terms there is no difference between the administration of which he was a part and the present one. . .that one failed; the present one seems to be planning to fail.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by bestofthisyear(m): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2011
Took him getting arrested to tell the truth. Maybe it should happen more often.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Omooba77: 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2011
What advise did he give OBJ when he was the FCT minister? Our political leaders have funny behavioural level. Once you are not in government you see everything wrong and you become opposition. Nigeria and her leaders.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by CashWithPC: 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2011
How can the wastage be stopped? What's the way forward?
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by proudly9ja(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2011
Nigerians are funny sha.

Its like someone telling a man his family is slowly disintegrating and instead of him to try and face the issues, he tells the messenger to keep quiet.

Make we siddon dey look. Exactly what they want us to do. Their children are abroad and by the time they finish the country, they will run abroad too.

Many have forgotten that it was this same El Rufai who revealed that the senators asked him for 50,000 dollars bribe before they could confirm his appointment as a minister and they fought him tooth and nail back then. This guy has been speaking the truth right from the word go.

Anyways, I understand that we have agents of the ministers and governors here.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2011
fried-rice:

this is a prime example of how Nigeria runs:

to protect a forest, the Nigerian elected officials will form the following ministries to oversee the protection of the forest:

Ministry of Trees
Ministry of Agriculture
Ministry of Grass
Ministry of Shrubs
Ministry of Soil

There are better examples:

Ministry of Transport,
Ministry of Aviation,
Ministry of Works

Ministry of Information
ministry of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Ministry of Communication

Ministry of Police Affairs
Ministry of Internal Affairs

Ministry of Youth Development
Ministry of Sports

Ministry of Solid Minerals
Ministry of Petroleum

Ministry of water resources and rural development
Ministry of Agriculture

Ministry of Education
Ministry of Science and Technology

Such is the bloated, wasteful and redundant bureaucracy we have in Nigeria!
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by bossinie: 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2011
jmoore:

El-Rufai is one of those folks who mess up Nigeria economy and only complain when they are no longer in office. Who does not know that our wealth is being wasted? El-Rufai is a beneficiary of the wasted wealth when he was a minister.
That an individual whom you think is corrupt reveals glaring corrupt activities with facts in the govt. he served some years back does not make his revelations IRRELEVANT.Please what kind of minds are we breeding in this country
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by bossinie: 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2011
X-mind:

El-rufai is saying the facts with the wrong motive.
My people you see, in Nigerian Politics today, motive is everything.
Does that now nullify the facts he has raised
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by edicolove: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2011
El-Rufai has raised very important issues and I agree mostly with him But where he and many others get it wrong is that they keep attributing the whole problem to corrupt government. The present problem we have in Nigeria is not corrupt government.  Corruption in government is actually an effect of the real problem, not a cause.

The real problem is the structure of the country itself. The very fact that we are really not one country. Everything starts from there. How can you say GEJ for example should reduce cost of governance when we have a constitution that promotes

1. Federal Character
2. There must be 1 minster from each state. That means there must be 1 ministry to cater for one minster from each state. If you give a man from Yobe 10 naira, you must give another man from Ekiti 10 naira.
3. We are still fighting over oil money in 2011.

This is just to list a few. We really must sit down as a nation to sort out our oneness. If someone, for example, finds himself in the NNPC and he experiences all the northern domination there and he now finds an opportunity to loot, he will be more likely to succumb because he knows he cannot stop others that are doing it and he will feel he is doing himself. But in a country where people see themselves as one, that is less likely to happen. When people have a general sense of belonging, they tend to be less corrupt. Some of you might not agree with me, but the structure of this country is why everything else is fallen apart. There is no continuity in geovernment for example. A new government comes and tries to start his own thing completely abandoning all his predessesor has done. Just because he needs to favour his own people more.

The truth is people like El-Rufai can criticize all they but I don't see them pushing bills in the NASS that can fundamentally change these flaws. I would have expected people like El-Rufai to go to the senate and help make these changes but my problem with people like them is they do nothing but criticize because it is the most convenient thing to do. Imagine if Wole Soyinka was in the senate and pushing stuff? I don't ever like critics because they do nothing. They only criticize. We need men who can take action and push things through. I thought Ngige was going to shake the senate with reformation stuff. But the silence from the guy is deafening. I pray God give us reall leaders that can take the bull by the horn.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Esiere: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2011
let us all start something. we all stay under one local government. we all know our state secretariat . Let us all organize at different local government council & secretariat. we need to do something to stop this mess. let us tell them how we want to be governed. we should benchmark our spendings on great countries expenditure patterns such as china as mentioned here. please let us fight for millions of unemployed youth, the homeless, bad road, poor power supply, poor education system, poor health, insecurity. In fact what do we have in this country? let us fight against nothing that we have because we deserve everything.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by whosefault(f): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2011
Pukkah:

Who's gullible - the one who sees these facts as a distraction or the one who sees them as a matter that should be addressed?

Pukkah,
what am saying is that this man had the opportunity other people never had to make changes that he never made. people respect Donald duke because he took the chance that was given to him and he used it well. Obasanjo will soon tell us how to solve the power problem in Nigeria.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2011
arrest him !!!1

CALLING ON THE SSS TO DO THE USUAL AND INVOKE THE FOI ACT for the numerical errors in his statement
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by asha80(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2011
the govt started wasting nigeria's wealth during the gowon era.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by aljharem3: 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
asha 80:

the govt started wasting nigeria's wealth during the gowon era.
can u please shut it

what do u know of gowon's era ?
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by redsun(m): 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2011
Before nko? we know that.That nigerian government is a sqandemania of hard earned cash by some ruthless gangsters at the expense of the suffering people.It is a gangster enclave full of backward people.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by asha80(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
alj_harem:

can u please shut it

what do u know of gowon's era ?

*yawn*
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Victor991: 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2011
It is a pity that all he said might be true, but my argument is why did it take el rufai this long before saying all this? Why is it that it was when he was thrown out of the system that he now dim it fit to reveal all dis facts? He was formally part and percel of d system,he benefitted out of dis reverse democratic system,all dis money he is saying dos greed in power ar collecting and the duplication of offices, he collected it too and he never talked then.I wud tank and appreciate him 4 sensitizing us on dis aspect about our wasteful govt and d system and also about d incapability of d partial press, but I will say to el rufai dat he is a no Hero,because if he was he  would not wait till now, if he has the boldness and quality of a hero he wil nt just tell us dis but fight dis. Although he did well by telling us atlast but he can do better.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by whosefault(f): 9:41pm On Sep 23, 2011
very correct, victor 99
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by redsun(m): 9:44pm On Sep 23, 2011
There is fire on the mountain in nigeria.It is either make or break,this is the call time.

The evil ones must repent or perish.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by hbrednic: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2011
old story
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by auwal87(m): 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
100% expenditure by 2015 cool
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by BlakkBoi(m): 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2011
Nasir El Rufai - A do-gooder who couldn't do good

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-767137.0.html

This man obviously don't know how to deal with being out of job. All of a sudden he knows how things ought to be done. Well, I won't give up until everyone gullible enough to share is sentiments gets to know him for the pathetic liar he is. Being a vanguard of good cause goes way beyond using semantics to mess with the minds of those who don't understand the rudiments of governance.

Deception is a word he has grown familiar with and people who speak with unbalanced facts ought to know no peace.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Govt Is Wasting Nigeria’s Wealth - El Rufai by Basseti: 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2011
I dont need El-Rufai or El-Enyeama to tell me that we have a colossus govt whose productivity is nought. We all know that.
What we need are people pointing the way forward ESPECIALLY when they are in positions of power.

What else do I have to hear?  Obasanjo telling me that we have power outtages in Nigeria, Babangida telling me that there is austerity or Buhari lamenting about religious riots?  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Funding Violence In Nigeria? / Pregnant Woman Suffers Miscarriage In KAI Detention / Zodaic Signs: Date Of Birth, Know The Type Of Human You Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.