Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips (16326 Views)

Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by eedimo(m): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
I smile and move on
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Kwinity(f): 5:52pm On Apr 29, 2023
Are they feeding u? I be werey to rumours my dear. It was painful at d begining, especially d ones u helped are the ones believing these lies so quick. I av promised to live a life no one can easily relate. Life is too short to let ppl understand u fully. Omo time no dey oh! Ppl are leaving this earth everyday.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by OvertheTop(m): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lovelyn451:
shikenan!!! Chai, u don talk am finish.. flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you! My dear I avoid them like poo poo, once I smell them from far I swerve....omo

So if i live outside the South west where Yoruba People Reside,
I will Have No Problem of Rumors'?

dey Mumu yourself
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by pansophist(m): 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
The saying that time heals is also very true for rumours, and it's that time destroys all rumours. You can't do anything much than to wait it out.

Justifying yourself, intention, makes you look like a victim, and forks up the power dynamic, like you're in need of acceptance. You don't want to be in scenerio where you're answerable to some superior.

Of course there are exceptional moments you would have to engage in dialogue to clear all doubt, but if the situation permutates in a way that you'll emerge victoriously if you wait, then just wait it out.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by FavouredNK: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
bukatyne:
From your own examples, the rumours have a bit of substance perhaps embellished.

1. You stake a bet with a married man that if he successfully woos a lady, you would give him N10k. Do you understand that you are encouraging a man to commit adultery? While he is ultimately responsible for his choice, you are aiding and abetting him hence his wife is very correct.

2. You bought a partly stolen(it is either stolen or not), partly used laptop for approx N13k. Your neighbours thought you bought it in a honest way and accessed the laptop's value based on the market value. Now, I do not know the living arrangements you have that your neighbours know every new thing you buy however, they are right to assume you have hammered given your new purchase and clean up. Do they have the right to harass you, definitely not.

I would advise you re-evaluate your life style and live a blameless life before accusing people of starting rumours about you.

I tire o, hearing from the horses mouth then it's not a rumor

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by purples25(f): 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
I hate rumors. All I can do is move on.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Dbrawllm0098(f): 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
Cut them out of your life like a tumor.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Lovelyn451(f): 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
OvertheTop:

So if i live outside the South west where Yoruba People Reside,
I will Have No Problem of Rumors'?

dey Mumu yourself
capital letter yes!!!
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Pegi23(f): 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
Menh I heard rumors that I was a gold digger, prostitute, witch also. And the one that made me laugh was when I heard I’m dating a big chief because they saw I am building my house and I just bought a car. Just overlook them dear.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by OvertheTop(m): 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lovelyn451:
capital letter yes!!!

Take time out to Read other peoples Experiences above and below....
and wake up from your Tribal intent.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Lovelyn451(f): 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
OvertheTop:

Take time out to Read other peoples Experiences above and below....
and wake up from your Tribal intent.

if any other tribe bring up and make rumours about me, I'll quickly check myself and make amends, it definitly will be true, plus im of good character and approachable so one of them will definitly tell me abt it. but you see this tribe called yoruba, they'll just makeup one lie abt you and begin to gossip and sniff their noses anytime you pass, theirs is always petty and annoying, I don't take them serious at all
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Popeonah(m): 7:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
I love rumors about me. I go dey act season film for them

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by ruffDiamond: 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2023
BloomingDale:
Just avoid Yoruba people. They are champion gossips and backbiters.
haaaaaa!my niggah! One trllion likes for this post! Walahi,one major reason I hate those people no pass that one!they are so horrible when it comes to cho cho cho !!!exactly the way zlatan ibile sang about it..!talk about a people who never like minding their Damn ,fukking business! As I rule,I don't take house from a yorrobanza landlord/lady or live in their compound ,IF I ever had anything to do with them ,it's strictly on business and immediately discharge him/her before they nosing around into wet in no concern them angry they all do it irrespective of class or level of education, old and young
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Fryx: 7:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
I let it flow unrestricted.

God help you to use it as an action against me.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by dclak112: 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2023
Bro such is life, that's exactly what I'm currently facing by this jobless people who don't care that I have a job.
Ebus12:
Rumours and false accusations are two things that has become a part of my life. Like always! Always!
I have heard rumors of me being a thief. I have heard rumors of me being gay. Heard rumors and has been accused of having an evil spirit and being demon-possessed. Of recent, my neighbor's wife even accused me of wanting to break her marriage, all because I staked a bet with her husband, that if he could successfully woo and get this new girl in our block, I would gift him 10k.

All these rumors and accusations don't shake me though. I see them most times as prophecies. Even if I haven't stolen in my life, I cannot tell what the case will be tomorrow, after all, the only thing holding the sun and the moon is time. I simply wave off that nonsense and see them as words of fools and jobless idiots.

But this recent rumor, which I see as a total witch-hunt, is aimed at giving my destiny helpers a "too-much" positive impression about me. This might make them see me as their destiny helper instead, and that is why I didn't take it, dear diary.

So because I came back last week with a fairly used, and fairly stolen laptop, which I bought 12,320 from a Yoruba vendor in one of the computer villages around, changed my slippers, managed to carve my hair, and shared a packet of milcose for the kids in my compound, news started flying around that I am now a big boy.

-He has started pressing.
-He done cash-out.
-He just dey fresh
-Show me an update nah
And so much other rubbish
There is nothing I haven't heard, dear diary, these few days.

Recently, these two girls around my street have formed the habit of raising their polo whenever they sight me so that I can have a clearer view of their backsides. In their mind, nah G boy I be.

As usual, I didn't care about any of the rubbish flying around about me, until yesterday when one of the gossip mongers, had the guts to knock at my door, and after hailing me, asked me to 'show him the way', because according to what he heard, God has blessed me.
That was the one that made me lose it. That virtue of 'Long suffering' left me immediately and
with a very thunderous slap on his left cheek, I asked the mugu who God has blessed.
God has blessed me?
I slapped the idiot again and asked him "Kingsley, come, who did you say, God blessed? But before I could land a corresponding knock, the demon fled.

Like, these wicked people didn't only stop at denting me before my destiny helpers, but now also want to present me as "Made" before the almighty God.
Jesus Christ! Why are people this cruel?
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by GoodIsGod: 7:53pm On Apr 29, 2023
Is it only me that read Fairly used and Fairly Stolen laptop?

You bought a Fairly Stolen laptop and you said people are carrying rumours about you.

By the way, how can something be Fairly Stolen.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Exceed15: 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
Smart people laugh it off .

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Greenfaces: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
The greatest rumour i heard was by a female colleague who said her fiancee told her that i told him that he is too good for her. Damn. The news had gone round the office that i tried to ruin her relationship and no one told me. Until a close friend dared to ask if it was true.

Honestly i couldn't sleep at night for days and i don't know why the news took me so down i fell ill. I even begged her to call the guy so i hear directly from him. She refused.

Truth be told, i have only seen this guy twice my whole life. And the twice we saw, she was there. I didn't even remember his name until this rumour i had to go on facebook to start checking all her pictures to see if i could trace him from comments or likes.

The incident actually taught me how to hate. I won't deny, i have hatred for her now and all those who heard it and swallowed it hook like and sinker. If an opportunity came today for me to carry out a revenge that will make her sad for many years of her life, I'd not look back. If only she had called the guy, given me his number or even asked me before broadcasting it, i would have known the enemy is the guy. But this hatred has refused to leave my heart even though many people have begged me to forget it. I try. But whenever i set my eyes on her again, i feel a sense of disdain. Its so difficult that i have to put up a front that i have forgotten the incident when in my heart, i still wish to revenge. I wish to see that guy face to face and ask what his intentions were. I wish to make this lady regret what she did. I wish she stops greeting me or speaking to me for the rest of our lives. And if i leave that office, I'd block her number and she will ever remain in my black records till the end of time.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by ahnie: 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
I careless,sorry that's me.i never get time for myself fully,na to get time for rumour mongers?
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Brizzle93: 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Huh, if na that one... nothing concern me.
Rumors too dey so how many I won respond to? So I really do not give a Bleep
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by cobby14(m): 12:16am On Apr 30, 2023
I just laugh whenever and ask is that all they said ?
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by doneback04: 1:58am On Apr 30, 2023
You just ignore it has if it never happened
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Jacku: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2023
I'll confront the rumour monger and block out the noise by listening to music in my Freepods 4

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Babastrong(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2023
I don't care for what people are saying about me, i care for what i do. Rumours are carry by ENEMIES, spread by IGNORANTS and accept by FOOLS without any enquiry.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by LivingSage: 8:56am On Apr 30, 2023
When despite your yam legged and akpu smelling body odour doesn't stop you from prostitution, why won't they gossip you
BloomingDale:
Just avoid Yoruba people. They are champion gossips and backbiters.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by BloomingDale(f): 11:26am On Apr 30, 2023
LivingSage:
When despite your yam legged and akpu smelling body odour doesn't stop you from prostitution, why won't they gossip you

I’m not even from the South East. As they say, the truth is always a hard pill to swallow.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by IyanuDeb(f): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ignore Basic
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by phemmyfour: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2023
Ebus12:
Rumours and false accusations are two things that has become a part of my life. Like always! Always!
I have heard rumors of me being a thief. I have heard rumors of me being gay. Heard rumors and has been accused of having an evil spirit and being demon-possessed. Of recent, my neighbor's wife even accused me of wanting to break her marriage, all because I staked a bet with her husband, that if he could successfully woo and get this new girl in our block, I would gift him 10k.

All these rumors and accusations don't shake me though. I see them most times as prophecies. Even if I haven't stolen in my life, I cannot tell what the case will be tomorrow, after all, the only thing holding the sun and the moon is time. I simply wave off that nonsense and see them as words of fools and jobless idiots.

But this recent rumor, which I see as a total witch-hunt, is aimed at giving my destiny helpers a "too-much" positive impression about me. This might make them see me as their destiny helper instead, and that is why I didn't take it, dear diary.

So because I came back last week with a fairly used, and fairly stolen laptop, which I bought 12,320 from a Yoruba vendor in one of the computer villages around, changed my slippers, managed to carve my hair, and shared a packet of milcose for the kids in my compound, news started flying around that I am now a big boy.

-He has started pressing.
-He done cash-out.
-He just dey fresh
-Show me an update nah
And so much other rubbish
There is nothing I haven't heard, dear diary, these few days.

Recently, these two girls around my street have formed the habit of raising their polo whenever they sight me so that I can have a clearer view of their backsides. In their mind, nah G boy I be.

As usual, I didn't care about any of the rubbish flying around about me, until yesterday when one of the gossip mongers, had the guts to knock at my door, and after hailing me, asked me to 'show him the way', because according to what he heard, God has blessed me.
That was the one that made me lose it. That virtue of 'Long suffering' left me immediately and
with a very thunderous slap on his left cheek, I asked the mugu who God has blessed.
God has blessed me?
I slapped the idiot again and asked him "Kingsley, come, who did you say, God blessed? But before I could land a corresponding knock, the demon fled.

Like, these wicked people didn't only stop at denting me before my destiny helpers, but now also want to present me as "Made" before the almighty God.
Jesus Christ! Why are people this cruel?
Just ignore them
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by iamL(f): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Silence in public and loud laughter in private, that's how I handle them.

Some have said my dad put me in his "cult" before he died. My pops was never a cult man just that he was not naive in matters of religion eventhough he was a knight.

Many others once said that the gay country affected me and that I could be one.

Another set said that oyibo woman don born pikin for me which was why my mum haff not killed herself over my matter then.

The last trending one was that I died, my mum arranged for me to be buried abroad and covered it up so that umunna people would not take over my papa properties.

Sometime ago, I called my uncle and asked him to do a task on my behalf but he was kinda insisting I showed up fess. I never knew the reason until I went home and visited him in PortHarcourt afterwards. He knelt down and thanked God saying his enemies had been put to shame. He then told me that the rumor was why he was dillydallying. I asked him about my calls and he said if oyibo could clone human being, na my voice go come hard them to forge. That day, I laughed like I was on cheap drugs. cheesy

Your last sentence got me laughing really hard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? / How Do I Keep On Pushing With Nagging Relatives? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.