Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,336 members, 7,829,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips (16328 Views)

Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Sirsunola(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
I just tell people ‘Ehen’ update my profile then .. Add it to what you’ve always known about me!!! I no dey control or convince people about whatever impression they have towards me… na only God I own explanations
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Ddigit: 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
Comrade, stop shaking this table

BloomingDale:
Just avoid Yoruba people. They are champion gossipers and backbiters.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by GboyegaD(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2023
Due to my nature, I used to be bothered not just for myself but my family in all. My mom taught us early that "if you ignore them, they will learn to keep quiet". She also taught us that "Jesus who is the Lord is dead almost two centuries and they talk about him, so who are we that people wouldn't talk".

This, my Astoria is that I don't care.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Parrot69: 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
I don't talk behind people back neither do I have time to gossip about someone. I'm an introvert, I keep things to myself even when I hear things or people complain about others.
When I hear negative gossips about myself, make sure it's not from you cos you'll be in for a long thing. I will follow you up both spiritual and physically.
No time for rubbish.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Whoknow: 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2023
From your write up there, I can infer you are the cause of you been gossiped. First from all the example you give above they are all negative motives right from betting with your neighbor's husband to gift him 10k he was able to woo a certain woman to you buying a supposedly theft laptop, these are all wrong motives, therefore you give them the reasons to gossip about you. Sometimes some people live beyond their status in life, so when people start seeing you according to the status you put yourself you get offended. This is the same thing as when you associate with bad people, they will also take you as bad person. It is good sometimes to as yourself who do people say I am, base on something you are hearing about you or ask a friend who will tell you the truth what people say about you, that can make you know more about whom and what people think of you. Jesus Christ did the same thing when he asked his disciples who do people say I am? They answered affirmatively and told him who people think he was, the good aspect of it was that nobody said he was a thief. Sometimes peoples opinion matters but not always.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by loliapoopy2013(f): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ghetto neighborhood.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by juman(m): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2023
I ignore rumours. I break away from the source of the rumour if I could identify it.
If you are in the same school with nigerians, know that you have headache.
When I was a student, I was accused of been a police informant. I couldnt fathom how they arrived at that. But I dint care. What was rumour I was a gay, another rumour was he be impotent. I didnt care. Another was I be terrorist. They reported to the school authority. One nigerian school mate said to me scornfully that police had started investigation against me on terrorism. I laughed it off. It was after some days a elderly woman lecturer said to me joyfully, akeem you are clean. Then I knew the investigation thing was not joke. But I didnt care.
I have no secret.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by missyblissy: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
I don't careless. Just ignore and do you. Simple. If you want to know the truth, be confident and say it to my face not like a coward.

Oga please ignore and do you.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by whippersnapper(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2023
if rumours had any effect on a person. tinubu for done die. As long as the rumours no dey comot one kobo for my account. you fit talk anything you want. i remember when i was asking my neighbour out. for four years this girl was just whining me. i loved her to the moon and back. I moved on. but rumour had it i had been gbenshing her. person wey i never kiss before in davido'es words ' E pain me'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Olatara(f): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2023
Handle?

I won't even indulge gossipers. They will be ignore, no time for rubbish.

Trust me, the best way to handle rumours about you is to ignore.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Streetmovement(m): 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I don't Bleep with rumours cool
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by PECON1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2023
whippersnapper:
if rumours had any effect on a person. tinubu for done die. As long as the rumours no dey comot one kobo for my account. you fit talk anything you want. i remember when i was asking my neighbour out. for four years this girl was just whining me. i loved her to the moon and back. I moved on. but rumour had it i had been gbenshing her. person wey i never kiss before
Happening to me currently in my street at Aba, people said I dey sleep with her.person wey I never even seen her pants before,
Am used to such because am popular here, i said to myself is it that people are not bothered about the hardship in the country and their life to focus on others.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by whippersnapper(m): 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2023
PECON1:
Happening to me currently in my street at Aba, people said I dey sleep with her.person wey I never even seen her pants before,
Am used to such because am popular here, i said to myself is it that people are not bothered about the hardship in the country and their life to focus on others.
maybe you are a rich kid. Na person wey get money them dey talk about. nobody cares about a poor man
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by lomprico(m): 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2023
@topic: Not giving a fvck!
@OP: you dey craze o!
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Redman44(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
I just keep working on my dreams cool cool cool cool. Like King Sunny Ade ( KSA ) said in his song- Fi won si le, LET THEM SAY. Na dem get their mouth. Cheers.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by TeamXola(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
I focus only on what I can change. Focus on yourself!
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Evidenx(m): 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
Clear conscience fear no accusations.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Waywardson6: 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
Rumour or not, I've learnt life is one & I shouldn't give a Bleep what others think. Cux if you die, that's all. N they'll forget about you in an instant.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
I care not
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by cybriz82(m): 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Can you folks just stop dragging God's mention into all this brain damage for crying out loud? undecided

You slapped a human being for asking you as question and you came here to be praised or what? undecided

He doesn’t care what people were saying but e carry d lies come here...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by WilsonBright935: 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2023
Have you heard of "ipako o gbọ suti......" grin
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Lovelyn451(f): 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
BloomingDale:
Just avoid Yoruba people. They are champion gossipers and backbiters.
shikenan!!! Chai, u don talk am finish.. flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you! My dear I avoid them like poo poo, once I smell them from far I swerve....omo
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by malvisguy212: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2023
bukatyne:
From your own examples, the rumours have a bit of substance perhaps embellished.

1. You stake a bet with a married man that if he successfully woos a lady, you would give him N10k. Do you understand that you are encouraging a man to commit adultery? While he is ultimately responsible for his choice, you are aiding and abetting him hence his wife is very correct.

2. You bought a partly stolen(it is either stolen or not), partly used laptop for approx N13k. Your neighbours thought you bought it in a honest way and accessed the laptop's value based on the market value. Now, I do not know the living arrangements you have that your neighbours know every new thing you buy however, they are right to assume you have hammered given your new purchase and clean up. Do they have the right to harass you, definitely not.

I would advise you re-evaluate your life style and live a blameless life before accusing people of starting rumours about you.
perfect my lady. why would you stake a bet with a married man if he can woo a lady ? and you have the gut to accuse the woman of gossip ? idiot!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Pmn1234: 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2023
A general guide for dealing with rumors.
1. Completely ignore if it doesn't harm you
2, If it is a harmful rumor, refute it only once and move on
3. Try to find opportunities in the rumor and how it can benefit you. Once you find that, maximize the benefit.
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Jadeng: 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
Paying less or no attention to rumours will prolong your life !
If what they're saying about you is true, amend your ways and move on... 👌
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by OvertheTop(m): 5:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
bukatyne:
From your own examples, the rumours have a bit of substance perhaps embellished.

1. You stake a bet with a married man that if he successfully woos a lady, you would give him N10k. Do you understand that you are encouraging a man to commit adultery? While he is ultimately responsible for his choice, you are aiding and abetting him hence his wife is very correct.

2. You bought a partly stolen(it is either stolen or not), partly used laptop for approx N13k. Your neighbours thought you bought it in a honest way and accessed the laptop's value based on the market value. Now, I do not know the living arrangements you have that your neighbours know every new thing you buy however, they are right to assume you have hammered given your new purchase and clean up. Do they have the right to harass you, definitely not.

I would advise you re-evaluate your life style and live a blameless life before accusing people of starting rumours about you.

Exactly.
. Why should he Stake such a Bet. its not Right.
. Why are you feeding kids in the compound? its Dangerous
. When there are terrible harmful rumors like Stealing rumors , call one of the parties and explain how innocent you are. be plain..
make dem no go arrest you before you clear yourself

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by 2016easy2017: 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
Funny is; almost everyone here commenting are either now or have gossiped about someone. How count yourself clean when they tell you something mad you go tell someone that a guy said?? You have contributed to the rumour. Me I chase them away from me
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by OvertheTop(m): 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Silence in public and loud laughter in private, that's how I handle them.

Some have said my dad put me in his "cult" before he died. My pops was never a cult man just that he was not naive in matters of religion eventhough he was a knight.

Many others once said that the gay country affected me and that I could be one.

Another set said that oyibo woman don born pikin for me which was why my mum haff not killed herself over my matter then.

The last trending one was that I died, my mum arranged for me to be buried abroad and covered it up so that umunna people would not take over my papa properties.

Sometime ago, I called my uncle and asked him to do a task on my behalf but he was kinda insisting I showed up fess. I never knew the reason until I went home and visited him in PortHarcourt afterwards. He knelt down and thanked God saying his enemies had been put to shame. He then told me that the rumor was why he was dillydallying. I asked him about my calls and he said if oyibo could clone human being, na my voice go come hard them to forge. That day, I laughed like I was on cheap drugs. cheesy

Be Careful moving around in naija o. alot is happening now...abeg
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by OvertheTop(m): 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2023
Donedeal1:

Good or bad
I love to be mentioned

Better still to be the topic

You would not love to be ignored

It's not better neither

So be intentionally scarce some times.

What if you are Called and implicated in a Criminal Case Like Murder?
Will u be cool with that? grin
you will realize that khaki no be Leather!
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by Skyciel: 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2023
Guy, you get time o
All this write up on top of rumors?

It's only when you know my movement you'll see something to gossip about. I got so much on🤧

Change ur circle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by OvertheTop(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2023
davien:
I've been accused of being gay too, because I speak good English. Next was that my father did ritual is why we're always in good times. The most recent was that I raped a girl who stayed with me, this was spread by the girl herself because I didn't want her.

This is a Very Serious Accusation. You better Gather your Evidence and Dispel the Rumor. make you go Jail for Fun
Re: How Do You Handle Rumors About Yourself? Share Tips by tobby20: 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Silence in public and loud laughter in private, that's how I handle them.

Some have said my dad put me in his "cult" before he died. My pops was never a cult man just that he was not naive in matters of religion eventhough he was a knight.

Many others once said that the gay country affected me and that I could be one.

Another set said that oyibo woman don born pikin for me which was why my mum haff not killed herself over my matter then.

The last trending one was that I died, my mum arranged for me to be buried abroad and covered it up so that umunna people would not take over my papa properties.

Sometime ago, I called my uncle and asked him to do a task on my behalf but he was kinda insisting I showed up fess. I never knew the reason until I went home and visited him in PortHarcourt afterwards. He knelt down and thanked God saying his enemies had been put to shame. He then told me that the rumor was why he was dillydallying. I asked him about my calls and he said if oyibo could clone human being, na my voice go come hard them to forge. That day, I laughed like I was on cheap drugs. cheesy
Hope your abroad is broad not narrow like 🇬🇭 ghana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Fathers Jealous Of Their Kids? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! / Generator Fume Kills Health Officer, Wife In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.